Login or register
Login or register
Stay logged in
Log in/Sign up using Facebook.
Log in/Sign up using Gmail/Google+.
CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT
Email is optional and is used for password recovery purposes.
Level 16 Content: New Here
Send mail to eggyeggyeggy
Invite eggyeggyeggy to be your friend
Last status update:
Date Signed Up:
Content Level Progress:
Level 16 Content: New Here → Level 17 Content: New Here
Comment Level Progress:
Level 0 Comments: Untouched account → Level 1 Comments: New Here
Times Content Favorited:
Total Comments Made:
What people say about eggyeggyeggy
I suck at titles
doesn't this seem familiar
Let the Opinions...
How it's made
This could come...
latest user's comments
- Well done man, that's a great achievement. Now go get abs
Eating healthy is OFFENSIVE
I'll do everything in my power to have sexy abs.
- Well, crashing your car into a bridge isn't the wurst thing th…
- please notify me, this is so cool!
Some amazing things part 6
- That would get an icy look thrown his way. She'd probably give…
- yeah I just didn't sea it coming
- why is feminism a bad word? in every movement there are go…
In terms of why it's a bad word on
, there's a few reasons:
1) There's a real lack of knowledge (and often, I suspect, a desire not to learn) about feminism on FJ. The things feminists are looking for, like an awareness of privilege, rape culture, and an end to slut shaming, would require the folks on the site
who may not always be the most mature people out there
to do some uncomfortable soul searching, so it's easier to cherry pick the most radical examples of feminism and assume the movement as a whole is insane. I'd also say there's a minority on this site who actually take the meninist view of feminists as some kind of great satan gyno-nazis, but most users I think are just kind of uninformed.
2) Feminism - heck, any kind of "ism" - means caring about a certain issue. The internet, by culture if not also design, is a sarcastic place. Trolls feed on anger, the more self-righteous the better. And SJWs as a whole are asking us to a) take something seriously and b)
to other people. We are not good at this.
3) The long standing belief that "there are no women on the internet", so they and their demands are unreasonable interlopers.
4) The general bro culture on FJ (like seriously, look at Admin. He could take out advertising space on his biceps.)
5) FJ basically wants to be 4chan. It's just our sense of humour.
6) FJ is tenacious in that once we get ahold of a group we dislike, you'd have an easier job getting a pitbull to give up a hamburger than get us to be nice to them.
tl;dr, FJ doesn't know much about feminism and it's more in our nature to mock and shame the outrageous ones than to try to investigate the movement and take it seriously. Said both as a feminist and a person who laughs her ass off regularly at those "it was my privilege" greentexts.
Because egalitarianism is the true thing most (non-radical) feminists have started using.
Isn't egalitarianism its own philosophical system though?
Also, I believe in being a general human rights advocate, but as a term it's not very specific. People don't call themselves "sexual beings rights advocates" when they're specifically working for gay rights, because why erase the name of the issue you're dealing with?
If anything, the trend has been to make advocacy movements more specific, rather than more general - instead of just "gay rights", there's folks advocating for people who are bi, trans, asexual, etc etc.
Feminism is also working on tackling more than just the problems of rich straight white girls, but the term I've been hearing from them a lot is intersectionality, not egalitarianism.
Because when the extremists shout too loud, they're the only ones heard.
- that "manspreading" one... imo that's not even a pr…
- Instead of "this happens to men as well, get over it.&qu…
- I appreciate your point, but judging by how many people commen…
- Vatican city has 2.24 popes per square kilometre
Show Comments (0)