You need to login to view this link
Workers trapped in a Chinese gold mine for more than nine days received more medical and food supplies on Tuesday, including bandages, blankets, and porridge, but one of the group is in a critical condition with a severe head injury, state media said.
A total of 22 workers were left trapped in the Hushan mine, in Shandong province, after an explosion on Jan. 10. A week later, it emerged that at least 12 of them were still alive as a note retrieved from the mine said: "We hope the rescue won't stop." A drilled channel on Sunday located 11 of the miners, who were working more than 600 meters underground, and rescuers were subsequently able to speak to them via wired telephone.
The official Xinhua news agency said the miners had requested on Monday evening sausage and pickles as well as porridge but medical experts decided they should not eat hard food having only just regained their strength. Fortified by the food and medical supplies - the fourth consignment to reach the group - two workers who had previously been very weak were able to walk again on Tuesday, Xinhua reported, citing a member of the rescue team.
One more worker has been located in another section of the mine, while the whereabouts of the other 10 remain unknown.