Anime & Manga
Login or register
Login / Create Account
Click to Create Account
Login to FJ
Stay logged in
Click to Login
Log in with Gmail.
Shortcuts: "C" opens comments. "R" refreshes comments.
Record voice message?
Click to start recording.
Enter Captcha Code:
Scroll to post?
Back to the content 'It hurt itself in confusion'
>Russia "allowed" theatres to play a piece of art
>Russia banned it because it made them look bad
Why am I not surprised?
You say it like the rest of the world didn't ban any movies or anything.
Freedom of speech as a baseline principal of a country is an entirely new concept when you compare it to history
Yes. It is a new concept indeed
I wish my country appreciated it too
assuming you're in the Britain part of the UK, when a guy brought the printing press to the UK from Germany, he was only allowed to print the bible while the aristocracy tried to decide whether or not it was okay to kill this dude
Now you are understanding why I hate my country with such virulence
Move to america, you may have to pay a lot to go to the hospital but at least here you're allowed to ----- about it
Do I get a loicense for free speech and guns when I get there?
Actually, yes. Those are your unalienable rights. Your born with them you'll die with them, and if they're taken from you they're taken by tyrants.
---- son, there's no license for free speech, hell if you arrive in florida which is one of the more common flights from london there's not even a license for guns
Oh I know, that's why I respect your country. You actually believe in freedom, and are willing to defend it
We gave it up long ago, before I was even old enough to help defend it. It's surprising how much you cherish something when you don't have it.
Stop by Colorado and I'll buy you a damn good hamburger to celebrate your conversion
I swear to god I'll be the best cart driving, fattest, gun toting red blooded American there.
That's actually a bad move, maintain your figure and accent and the ----- will fly at you in flocks
Oh don't worry about that. I get enough attention from all the chicks and dudes I want. I'm quite happy about it.
All I'm concerned about is that I can speak openly, and hold a gun by my side.
Comment edited at
Just practice proper English spelling, and we'll welcome you with open arms.
Some brief rules:
1. Still allowed to like the Queen, but "God Save the Queen" must be used semi-ironically, as we Americans are well aware she is immortal.
2. Like I said, proper English. "Cookies" not "Biscuits" is the classic example, but there are others, such as it being "Soccer" not "Football". I suggest researching prior to arrival. Also, accents and regional spoken variation? A-Okay, but seriously, please, learn to spell. You don't need that many "u"s.
3. Stick to the mountains or inbetween. Past the Rockies or before the Appalachians, we get a lot of political ----ery. This is admittedly a bit of a personal opinion, but generally the politics are less bloody in the heartlands, nobody wants to ---- up the food supply I guess. Bit expensive though, so consider moving to the fringes. The states that actually straddle the mountains tend to be pretty comfy.
Pennsylvania, last I recall, it was fairly cheap, good weather, and Philly and Pittsburgh fighting for control of the "T" as it's lovely called keeps it stable relatively, but I haven't checked the laws for awhile. Which brings me to the next point.
4. Choose the state that's right for you. All the states are different, obviously. So make sure to research them. Check the laws, the history, all that sort of thing. Consider it carefully, and pay special mind to the environment. The midwest for example is a miserable ----hole environmentally [flat, hot, miserable], tends to be expensive and corrupt, but also tends to be politically stable due to this because nobody wants to live here long enough to remove said corruption or rock the boat. The culture is also pretty friendly in the small towns if you can ingratiate yourself. I suggest finding a nice old lady at a church to adopt you as an honorary grandkid. Offer to lend a hand with heavy lifting. Should get you a nice social circle via bonding with her likely burly American sons while hauling her furniture.
5. Socially, all the states are different, but in most places you can assume, from sane Americans, the following. Sports are a respectable topic usually in most social circles to some degree, our beer is terrible and we know it, etc.
6. You may be surprised or alarmed by the quality of the food outside of fastfood joints, and the quantity
. This is common, do not be alarmed. American fast food chains are lower quality than foreign examples, due to inertia, but outside of those places [and the odd hole in the wall] our standards for food are actually quite higher than most of Europe. Popular jokes involve making fun of the French's low food safety standards, which they are perceived to share with the Italians and the various Scandinavian countries. Note that most Americans are not aware of this, and those that are, are very used to Europeans denying it. Bringing it up may give you points socially and help make a good impression. People like hearing about good things in relation to their homes, after all.
7. Finally, remember to find a place you can belong, and live a good life, and give back to the country you now call home. America always has a place for people willing to believe in it, and work to make the American Dream come true.
Ideally without endlessly taxing our admittedly somewhat ad-hoc social services. Please pay taxes. It's not fun, but it [tries] to provide for the funding to maintain our freedoms, so please pay taxes. So many immigrants would be more well liked if they just payed taxes and didn't commit crimes. It's not actually hard to get into our country, for god's sake you can do it via marriage and popping a kid out, why do they never just pay taxes. It's not that hard. Just pick something that isn't a ----ty tourism state or border or coastal ----hole.
Comment edited at
Back to the content 'It hurt itself in confusion'
back at it again with the FISH PEOPLE
Mike Tyson II: Return of the Tiger
irritate vaunted Loris
it checks out
spanish or vanish
robust bloody Swan
You are my dad. You're my dad!
Back to the Future
get a job
dozen kind Dragonfly
this one may rustle a few feathers
well-informed combative defective Otter
little sour deluded Llama
slideshow of shame
slippery fluttering insensible Manatee
simplest leathern Grasshopper
There's still a pulse throbbing there
pro gamer move
hateful agreeable Dolphin
next short-lived Crow
that's some quality water
excellent poorest Turkey
smoggy real Octopus
mastered amino Sardine
sorry not sorry
We all wear down
Just a reminder for anyone working hard right now.