Mind Blowing Facts From History
1. Adolf Hitler' s remaining relatives made a pact
to never have children, so that the family dies out
2. The Nintendo Corporation existed before the
fall of the Ottoman Empire.
3. In 1866, Lichtenstein invaded Italy with an army
of 80 soldiers and returned with 31 (they made a
friend along the way).
4. During WWII, the men of the 442nd scaled a
4000 ft cliff at the dead of night in order to launch
an ambush on the German emplacement known
as the Gothic Line. Men would fall during this
climb but none would let out a scream. They just
silently plummeted to their deaths, in order to
keep their position safe. After getting into posi-
tion, the group laid in wait for dawn to launch
their attack. At dawn the attack began and the
442nd won the day and broke the Gothic Line in
5. Oxford University predates the Aztec Empire.
6. The Civil War started and ended at the same
guy' s house. The first engagement between the
two armies (The First Battle of Bull Run) occurred
in Wilmer McLean' s front yard in Manassas, VA.
General Lee signed the surrender in this same
man' s parlor in Appomattox, VA where he had
moved to try and avoid any more of the war.
7. The first man to fly a plane and the first man on
the moon were alive at the same time.
Orville Wright (August 19, 1871 - January 30,
Neil Armstrong (August 5, 1930 - August 25, 2012)
John Tyler' s (the 10th president of the USA)
grandson is still alive. Tyler was born in 1790 and
had a son when he was 63. That son had his son
when he was 75. Meaning John Tyler' s grandson
was born in 1928.
9. Despite all the movies and lore, the 'Wild
West/ Frontier' era in America only lasted 20 years.
10. A plan to attack American cities war
with Cuba was approved by the Joint Chiefs of
Staff in 1962. Rejected by President Kennedy,
Operation Northwoods remained classified for 35
11. Martin Luther King Jr., Anne Frank and
Barbara Walters were all born in the same year