Home Original Content Funny Pictures Funny GIFs YouTube Funny Text Funny Movies Channels Search

hide menu

swagbot

Rank #4065 on Comments
no avatar Level 262 Comments: Pure Win
Offline
Send mail to swagbot Block swagbot Invite swagbot to be your friend
Last status update:
-
Personal Info
Date Signed Up:9/21/2011
Last Login:12/25/2014
Funnyjunk Career Stats
Content Ranking:#9656
Comment Ranking:#4065
Highest Content Rank:#9303
Highest Comment Rank:#2221
Content Thumbs: 0 total,  11 ,  11
Comment Thumbs: 6707 total,  9494 ,  2787
Content Level Progress: 6.77% (4/59)
Level 0 Content: Untouched account → Level 1 Content: New Here
Comment Level Progress: 72% (72/100)
Level 262 Comments: Pure Win → Level 263 Comments: Pure Win
Subscribers:0
Content Views:2825
Times Content Favorited:3 times
Total Comments Made:4072
FJ Points:2739

Show:
Sort by:
Order:

funny text/links

latest user's comments

#23 - Serious question here... for girls or guys... &…  [+] (2 new replies) 12/25/2014 on Before/After 0
#36 - msamnesia (2 hours ago) [-]
I doll up for myself and for the guy im dating. If he ikes me in a pair of jeans and a gamer shirt, then I wear what he likes. But I've yet to meet a man who didn't enjoy my pinup dresses and stilettos.
User avatar #29 - notanotheraccount (12/25/2014) [-]
for me, its cause i like dressing up when i go out with the person im seeing. I like looking nice on dated, but shit if we're just hanging out at home im gonna wear sweats and an old shirt
#20 - I don't even have to click on the link. I already kno… 12/25/2014 on John Cena!!! +4
#23 - Meh.... being an intellectual tryhard is one of the steps in t… 12/25/2014 on Modern Art 0
#5 - that is legit ******* terrifying. 12/25/2014 on Makes Sense +5
#54 - I'm just gonna point out that Batman's armor is the coolest re… 12/25/2014 on And then it all went to hell 0
#79 - Picture 12/25/2014 on infinite affection +1
#58 - impossible 12/25/2014 on Christmas lights +3
#89 - .... and what 'way' is that which you've been feeling? …  [+] (1 new reply) 12/25/2014 on Solve all your problems... 0
User avatar #96 - weirdvintagegirl (17 hours ago) [-]
I really don't whack it (can girls even call it that??) very often but when I do I somehow end up thinking of my crush and I think I realized the other day that I may be in love with him!
#88 - (inb4 16 brazillion people on planet earth ur not the on…  [+] (1 new reply) 12/25/2014 on Solve all your problems... +1
User avatar #95 - theorangefox (21 hours ago) [-]
It's not a tmi, I always enjoy having intellectual discussions with users on this site, it's what separates the close minded from the open. Seems you have the right mindset towards the aspect of love. I myself find the idea of one night stands repulsive, I'm a very healthy young adult who doesn't drink or smoke nor do drugs, I'm looking for the same traits in a girl myself and would want it to be a long lasting relationship not just built around sex, but built around our love for each other.

I have always been the protective sort of male, and would want to make my loved one feel safe around me, it's one of the reasons I find short girls more appealing. I haven't had any luck this year once again unfortunately. But as they say, patience is a virtue.
#29 - If you say the word "Ricer" (See here if you do…  [+] (2 new replies) 12/25/2014 on Fake snow +2
User avatar #48 - mrgoodlove (21 hours ago) [-]
I live right near Korea town in LA and we usually call those rice rockets
User avatar #37 - TheFek (12/25/2014) [-]
If you say beer can in a British accent, you're also saying bacon in a Jamaican accent

user's channels

Join Subscribe kickstarters
Show:
Sort by:
Order:

items

Total unique items point value: 1050 / Total items point value: 1300

Show All Replies Show Shortcuts
Per page:
Order:
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
User avatar #46 - admin, leader of the glorious North Korea (08/23/2014) [+] (3 replies)
stickied by swagbot
since you donated so much money here's my full FJ explaination;

paypal doesn't allow donations from websites or they might shut you down
because it's easy to do chargebacks on the donations and cost the websites money

sites like fundly do $10 minimum for a reason.
Thanks for the donation, I saw that.

I'm about to cut my hosting bills down to $2000 a month I think with a new host.

the rage is from A FEW users trying to **** over the site i.e. spam, vote cheat, post illegal porn, to "get me in trouble" for banning them and claim I ban everyone, etc.

I think it's better just to target the few rich people on FJ and have them buy from amazon.

I was making $100 in commission from amazon sales the past few days. Maybe I can keep it up?

Most of the ad revenue is from non-members i.e. new visitors. repeat visitors don't make ad revenue but they do create content which brings in new visitors

there, I explained pretty much everything
double PPS, my new host OVH which has a decent reputation can get me for <$2000 what I pay for $7,000 on leaseweb


#58 - swagbot (09/26/2014) [-]
TL;DR just read - this is an extremely important concept and I'm glad we're discussing it:

> Be Me, past three years... devoting some SERIOUS thought to what the 'best form' of government is.
> Slowly growing out of my Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Ronald Regan 'Re-PUB-lic-AN' roots.

> Fellow co-worker, young guy like me, really smart. We discuss politics.
> VERY Interesting epiphany due to his input one day - hated Hated HATED to admit this, but it's led to a lot of personal growth for myself.

> Arguments about whether "Socialism" or "Communism" or "Republic" or "Libertarianism" or even "Fascism" "WORK" are all moot, and missing the point.
> Why? Those are all merely different models by which 1) people are allowed/disallowed from doing things by the people around them, and 2) resources are distributed.
> Someone might say "Communism breeds collectivists" or "Socialism Breeds Weaklings" or "Libertarianism will fall apart" or "Capitalism has no Heart"...
> While those are good discussions to have when trying to CHOOSE THE SOCIETY THAT IS BEST FOR YOUR PERSONAL SET OF VALUES, we are not discussing that right now - all you, elcreepo, and I, swagbot, are trying to figure out is "Do Governmental Systems provide for general stability and Happiness?"

> MY EPIPHANY WAS THIS: THAT IS THE WRONG QUESTION TO ASK! The System Of Government, in specific, has NOTHING to do with determining the level of peoples' happiness. SERIOUSLY.

WHAT DETERMINES' 89%+ OF PEOPLES HAPPINESS IS HOW MUCH THEY LET "ASSHOLES" AFFECT THEIR LIVES.

If you have a kind, productive King / Tyrant / Senators / Bureaukrats / etc. , then your Society will be generally 'Good', to varying degrees.

ANY SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT CAN WORK IF ITS ADMINISTRATORS ARE GOOD PEOPLE.

Thus... what determines peoples' happiness is not their Style Of Government... it's their level of exposure to the jerks and assholes in the world.
User avatar #59 to #58 - elcreepo (09/26/2014) [-]
Oh I'm not talking about general stability and happiness

I'm saying that socialism appears to actually function in Sweden because the people seem to accept the concept better

Whether they're happy or not is a whole other question and communism in general has been proven not to work as a system of government... unless everyone accepts the concepts of it.
#60 to #59 - swagbot (09/26/2014) [-]
Well... please define what you mean by 'accept it'.

Tons of people in Russia 'Accepted' Communism, and it still fell apart.
Tons of people in Italy 'Accepted' Mussolini's Fascism, and it raped the country.
Tons of people in the U.S. are 'Accepting' a Fascist Police State, and it's falling apart.

If by 'Accept' you mean "Try to roll up their sleeves and HELP MAKE IT WORK.", then yes, i agree...

..because as i said in that last comment : Socialism (or anything) can work so long as the Administrators of the system don't all become assholes.... so if the General Populace does their part in making sure that any 'Assholes' are thrown out, the system will keep on working.

BTW... I'm being stubborn here because 'Because they don't accept it' sounds dangerously close to 'Because they don't bend over and take it up the ass' - so i just want to be clear about what you mean by 'Accept It'.
User avatar #61 to #60 - elcreepo (09/26/2014) [-]
That's what I mean by accepting it. They help make it work. They understand the concepts and try to keep the system from falling apart.
#57 - swagbot (09/26/2014) [-]
Addy - Wednesday night, i worked one of my own Projects from 8pm until 6AM straight - I felt like **** , had to bust through "I Don't Wanna Do This" motivation barriers about 12 times.... But...

... I learned enough techniques to make me near-professionally competent in GIMP in one night...
<-------- This picture is only a piece the larger project)
... I learned the basics of how to make Lineart AND how to color with with blending, something I've marveled at for years, watching the Art Wizards on DeviantArt ...
... and THEN, I made one of my personal-best pieces of Art, starting with almost no artistic talent.

All in ten hours of fast-paced sit-your-ass-down-and-learn-it-then-do-it work.

... And then i woke up at 11 today, and did the same thing all over again, and am just now taking a break.... 24 intense hours, and I swallowed an entire project WHOLE, and met my own shot-in-the-dark deadline.

Being able to do that is what separates The Men from the Boys.

It's skills like that that get **** done, and pay the bills.

Being an Admin, YOU can do that, and probably have had to many times in the past.

It's like.... your superpower.

Now get out there and build the stuff like only you can build it.
Fame, Fortune, Abs and Bitchez will follow.
#53 - swagbot (09/21/2014) [-]
Dude.... have you ever had a 9-5 office job like he describes?

No?

Then come back to me and say all that ******** again after you have.

-A person who had worked probably WAY harder than you for his WHOLE life.

Seriously, we have all been trained (myself included) from a young age to think that what Charles said is 'hippy ***** or whatever, but it's not at all - it's a tough-love lesson. So we should be grateful for a sick society, filled with the stuff he describes? No - because if the engineering and creative potential of everyone was unleashed, we would all be able to live busy, interesting, productive lives - GOING TO WORK EVERY DAY LIKE HE DESCRIBED IS NOT PRODUCTIVITY - it's a CHARADE of productivity. You'll only understand that after you've had a job for several years.

Continuing to tell ourselves that we should be 'Grateful' for LESS than we could accomplish (and enjoy) is a way of keeping society under certain peoples' control.


... and if you HAVE had one of those jobs for several years, then you should already see my point of view.
#50 - swagbot (08/23/2014) [-]
Holy **** I understand everything now.

> EXCELLENT news about switching hosts! $2000 is actually manageable!

> YES, keep up the Amazon Links. Users just need to establish the habit, which will take a few months. Might be the basis for some interesting OC as well. Shame you didn't mention this ~90 days ago - i would've put $700 of **** through there!
> ALSO, I suggest you keep up the reminder posts / mass PMs to donate - once every 30-120 days, odd intervals. I don't think people mind, and it gets us srs for a bit, which is a nice change from all the funny.
> Might want to devote some thought to figuring out a way to get the Britbongs involved, if there's a not-too-complicated way.

> By 'Overly-Instrumented' RE: Fundly, I meant with all sorts of tie-ins to Facebook and **** . I have a distrust of sites who are anything but bare-bones devoted to their original service - makes me wonder if they're trying to find ways to Jew-out my data. I'm just being paranoid, DWAI.

> Understood about poor people.

> ... having said that, I think (almost) everyone on FJ would appreciate this explanation as a stickies admin post. Also a Reality-check for the poorfags that they need to get their lives in gear if they want good things to happen.

Thanks for such a thorough reply. You just made an enemy ally for life!
#45 - swagbot (08/07/2014) [-]
The upper, green part of the Greentext was, i thought, setting up for a moral / explanation / conclusion something more like...

"How has today's society gotten so uptight and venomous?"
OR
"Why are people making enemies with other citizens as a pastime?"
OR
"Why do people casually form shallow yet bitter and poisonous judgements about strangers as a pastime?"
OR
"See what ************ gets us? A Culture of confused hate."

...Which, IMO, are very good points, and begin to shine light on some of the primary demons that are wrecking our Society nowadays.

But instead, the author at the very end throws it all away!
1. He uses his good, strong argument... to point out 'The Evils of Feminists'? A group of people who really have far less cohesion or influence than we all give them credit for? Weeeeak.
2. He WHINES. He's basically saying "Get out my business, YA BIG FAT MEANIE (runs away crying)."
3. He totally doesn't address any of the (much more productive, incisive, and evil-revealing) conclusions that I pointed out above.

...That's what i meant by ' *********** :

People get so wrapped up in these little tribal, self-masturbating fights (Democrattt versus Repoooblucan, Feminist versus Man-ist(?), America versus The-Rest-Of-The-World, Faggots Versus Straights) that we miss the real issues that, while all that ********** is happening, are drawing the Eclipse to our WHOLE ******* SOCIETY.
#37 - evilhomer ONLINE (06/21/2014) [-]
#38 to #37 - swagbot (06/21/2014) [-]
Thanks, homie.
Thanks, homie.
User avatar #31 - nought (05/31/2014) [-]
your comments are a great source of humor, they brighten my day
thank you!
#32 to #31 - swagbot (05/31/2014) [-]
I wasn't joking about anything i said, Cap'n.
User avatar #33 to #32 - nought (05/31/2014) [-]
How can you possibly believe this
Do you believe in chemtrails too?
#34 to #33 - swagbot (05/31/2014) [-]
'This' meaning the 'Theory that suggests the Sandy Hook Massacre was a False-Flag Operation'?

I'm not 100% convinced, and wouldn't be until i repeat all the investigations myself.... but there are significant unanswered questions (presented by a BUNCH of critical Articles / Youtube Stories).

If you ever feel like putting your ego aside, hop onto Youtube / Google and start reading.

Facts are always a balancing act.... but even before those videos, the typical circus and showmanship... and pure predictability of the News Cycle is what first piqued my interest and suspicion... and before i turned the T.V. off a few years ago, i watched A LOoooooOOT of News progamming.

And "Chemtrails"? Know about it, haven't done enough investigation to push me into the 'surety' stage.
#30 - swagbot (03/09/2014) [-]
Dam... i would've liked to see the full reply.

- Gonna ignore the 'Mentally Handicapped' part (apparently I was the one who was smart enough to make my massive reply in a NOTEPAD DOC, and periodically save it to HD in case anything happened to it)
- The point that I was trying to make to you is that my brother was WEAK - he gave in to a Culture of ************ , propagated by my Dad/Uncle/Grandpa etc.
>>I was merely pointing out in my Original Post that people buying in to Debt-College Culture is one of the problems with the 'Student Loan Quagmire', and people being smart and rejecting that culture is the most powerful ways to fix the problem.
- Finally, you don't know what my brother's degree was in, and you ASSUME he is not working.
- ...and YOU ASSUME I TOOK A DEGREE and am complaining about it, which 1) I don't have a degree and 2) I'm actually happier for it, and gainfully employed.

Let me finish my story to bring it full circle (because it proves my point even FURTHER):

- My brother's degree was in Computer Graphic Design - that's not a sissy degree (if you place value on 'degrees' in he first place).
- Art Institute kept switching credits around on him so that he couldn't finish without taking on TONS more debt (like, another 20-40K, on top of his original 60K)
>> They do this all the time.
>> Read: You need to login to view this link
- So, he left. With a 3/4-finished degree.

- So, I started working for a software company in 2010. I'm still there.
- My brother joined about 6 months after me, as an intern.
- He single-handedly redesigned one of our products in a single release. Got hired for ~50K.
- He then single-handedly redesigned / Managed-the-redesign-for the OTHER product in another two releases.
- After merely two years he was a PM making ~65K. (and he's actually good at what he does. I know. I work right next to him.)
- He just (a week ago) left for a company poised for a MASSIVE IPO, with a 95K+ Salary, and thousands of stock grants, worth ~10/ea.

Yeah.
Within fours years in the industry, he's gonna make as much as my Dad, who is degree'd, 50, and been working for three decades.

And Me?
- My Dad, Grandparents, Teachers, Friends, Siblings, were ALL crawling up my ASS to 'get a degree'.
- Which is funny, because my income has been steadily increasing at this job as my skills increase...and I have contantly been there to spot my Dad and Siblings ALIKE with $$$.
- ... and most of them never have any Savings b/c they are constantly paying down Debt + Interest.
- I started out as a Customer Service bitch for pocket-change...
- ...Then I became an integration engineer, turning Gigs of unintelligeble mush into useful data, daily...
- ...And now, I have been training as a UI Engineer for ~2 months, and it's been indicated that I'm ready to step into that role within ~90 days.

- ALL of my skills were learned by being thrown into the fire, and fighting my way out with Google and Stack Overflow, and hundereds of hours of coding and studying...
- ...Not some ******* Piece of Paper and the Faux-Education that went along with it.

Lessons:
- A degree only has value that Upper-Management assholes place upon its 'officialdom'...
- ...It has very little/no merit as an indicator of proficiency or education.
- Going to College is unnecessary to get into jobs, even well-paying ones...
- ... instead, Hard Work, self-study, and (unfortunately) Connections and Jockeying are the keys to success.


(I hate the 'Connections' part... that's why my Brother is climbing and I'm not... and I'm okay with that.)



So... I just gave you clearly-worded Solutions, Real-Life Accounts, and Conclusions from them.
Are you gonna reply with a useless ******** again, or are you going to Read and Learn, for your own benefit?

You are 'defending' this system based on what it was SUPPOSED TO BE, not WHAT IT REALLY IS.
That's insane.
#16 - anonymous (12/16/2013) [-]
Eat **** .
User avatar #10 - dickticklerluv (10/03/2013) [-]
I see you thumbed me down for making a valid point about the government shutting down, ******** .
#11 to #10 - swagbot (10/03/2013) [-]
Yeah, I did, because I don't feel that your tired, hyperbolic summary reply (that would sound more appropriate coming out of a sad middle-aged adult) is valid at all.

A few things:
1. Yes, a lot of people on FJ are idiots. There are various segments of such idiots:
>> There are those who think there needs to be a gov't and think they know how to run it, but haven't put in the effort to actually come up with any ideas.
>> There are people who hate Government in general, but have not put in the time to figure out what other system could take its place.
>> Then, out of those two groups, there are those who talk with good intentions, and those who talk just to posture.

2. Having said that, there are MANY on FJ who have come up with Sound ideas that i agree with infinitely more than our current system of government.

3. Also, I'l like to address your phrase "This isn't black and white".

That is a Damnable Throwaway Phrase - A... how does Reddit say? A Thought-Truncating-Cliche (TCC).

WHAT isn't black and white?

The fact that our government is broke? The fact that it took on loans from the Federal Reserve and other countries for the last 1/2 century to get there? The fact that I'm losing 20% of my paycheck in Federal Taxes alone, and seeing very little return for it? The fact that there is nothing the Federal Government does that Towns, Cities, Counties or States couldn't do for themselves?

I estimate that you threw out that phrase to seem like a "Decent, ordinary, average, likeable dude-guy who just wants to remind people to be reasonable", when really...
1. You're not contributing anything to the thread.
2. You're (sort-of) trying to excuse inexcusable actions of our gov't.
3. You're acting as if you're wise or 'Reasonable', when really it is YOU who has not thought deeply into issues.

"There's Gotta Be A Middle Ground."
"Everyone's got an Opinion - Who are you to say yours is right?!"
"If it was that easy, somebody would have done it already."
"I'm sure 'they' have already thought about this."
"Things are the way they are for a reason."
"This isn't a black and white situation."

All these phrases are the sort of thing that Middle-Aged people use to try to fake the position of wisdom and authority that they should have actually achieved by that point in their life by honest thought and effort.

The Truth cannot be summed up in i simple talking point.

Only people who are weak of mind think vaguely enough to speak in such hyperbole.

You were not telling people to look into the diversity of arguments surrounding "The Shutdown" - you were trying to tell everyone that their input is meaningless, and to shut them up.

So Yes.
I thumbed you down.
And ^^^^ THAT ^^^^ is my reasoning.

Read my whole comment before you reply, please.
User avatar #12 to #11 - dickticklerluv (10/03/2013) [-]
Okay. Instead of having an organized, proof read essay like you I'm going to keep it short.

First, the content sounded like it was through the single-minded view of a teenager that didn't even try to have a real arguement.

Second, we could have had a little debate of a sort instead of thumbing me down but that isn't really a big deal.

Lastly, I never said that what the government is doing is excusable. In fact, I thoroughly disagree with what is happening like most, I'm just trying to provoke thought and maybe get others to understand that the what the real problem is, us. All of us, not just those who hold office.

So really I'm not mad that you thumbed me down, just that you didn't try to argue in the first place.

also forgive my Irish profanity
#15 to #12 - swagbot (10/04/2013) [-]
Understood. I am rescinding my red thumb now.

In the future, I'd suggest a comment like "Guys, this **** isn't black and white - There's a lot more to discuss... for example, [+ your opinion about some current event]." would have led to a debate, as you really wanted.

I suggest that, alone, the phrase "...this **** ain't black and white!" sounds dismissive... like it's trying to do the opposite of promoting discourse.



Nice to discuss issues with a fellow gentleman on FJ wot wot
User avatar #9 - heartlessrobot (08/16/2013) [-]
I didn't delete anything.
#7 - konradkurze (07/06/2013) [-]
< Swagbot

dis robot got SWAG ******
#8 to #7 - swagbot (08/15/2013) [-]
What the **** - why is he holding an 'Anarchy' button?

Cool though...
#5 - MitsukiOokami (05/09/2013) [-]
I like that your political posts are so well thought out and thorough.

Have to thank you for the info on Liberalism. I had always associated it with the butchered versions fed to us in Government and sociology classes that claim that liberalism is synonymous to democratic.

Have a relevant picture.
User avatar #4 - Yomomasface (02/04/2012) [-]
Good to see there is political hope abroad FJ...
User avatar #3 - carchub (01/01/2012) [-]
Damn, I'm sorry
#1 - Sunset has deleted their comment [-]
 Friends (0)