x
Click to expand

stickandmove

Last status update:
-
Personal Info
Gender: male
Age: 22
Date Signed Up:10/10/2011
Last Login:2/27/2015
Funnyjunk Career Stats
Comment Ranking:#36230
Highest Content Rank:#11486
Highest Comment Rank:#1390
Content Thumbs: 2 total,  19 ,  21
Comment Thumbs: 2782 total,  4741 ,  1959
Content Level Progress: 6.77% (4/59)
Level 0 Content: Untouched account → Level 1 Content: New Here
Comment Level Progress: 68.99% (69/100)
Level 228 Comments: Mind Blower → Level 229 Comments: Mind Blower
Subscribers:0
Content Views:4069
Times Content Favorited:2 times
Total Comments Made:846
FJ Points:2890

Funny Text/Links

YouTube Videos

  • Views: 2060
    Thumbs Up 11 Thumbs Down 9 Total: +2
    Comments: 0
    Favorites: 0
    Uploaded: 05/03/14
    My Little Brony My Little Brony

Funny Gifs

latest user's comments

#19 - White people are more likely to find meaningful, long-term emp…  [+] (84 new replies) 02/23/2015 on White People -310
#299 - herbolifee (02/24/2015) [-]
> Tumblr fucktard
> Makes fedora comments

You can't un-retard yourself by calling us all fedora wearers.
User avatar #295 - reican (02/24/2015) [-]
DID YOU SAY FREE FEDORA?
#277 - anonexplains (02/24/2015) [-]
people like you are the only ones that deny truth. don't give a rats what race you are you're just another dumbass
#256 - phaegitt (02/24/2015) [-]
oh yes, white privilege: where EVERY fucking college and workplace has a MANDATORY by LAW ethinic percentage that HAS to study or work there no matter how unqualified they are.
Take a college for example,
there is room for 100 stundents, there are 300 white applicants where 120 are qualified with good grades.
there are lets say 100 ethnic students and about 10 of them have good grades and 30 have "meh" grades. The school is required BY LAW to take in 30 of those ethnic students, absolutely doesnt matter if there are numerous white students who have better grades than the ethnic ones.
So go fucking shove your "white privilege" up your fucking hypocrite ass and shut the fuck up motherfucker!
#230 - anonexplains (02/24/2015) [-]
well maybe they arent equaly qualified then? racism is long gone, the only racist left are people who are racist towards white people because its socialy acceptable to blame whites for everything, even if blacks and other colored people did the same crimes as whites.
User avatar #152 - pandawarlord (02/24/2015) [-]
That's bullshit I don't see a quota for white people at businesses. Hard work, knowing people, and good attitude get you places in life. Not blame games on other people.
User avatar #151 - Timpanist (02/24/2015) [-]
Dude, exactly!
#130 - anonexplains (02/24/2015) [-]
Even though it doesn't matter to others, and you probably won't read this but I gave you a green pinkie because these people just love to feel bad about themselves. They aren't being prosecuted for owning people but proceed to act like it meanwhile the amount of black prisoners in the U.S is higher right now than the amount of black slaves owned when it was acceptable. Keep on keepin on.
#106 - thedarkestrogue (02/24/2015) [-]
its actually the other way around now.
"Minorities" are now the Majority and will get the job more often than the white guy.

I'm 1 of 4 white guys working at a Fedex post of over 300 people per shift. There are 4 of us. In the entire building. Like 1 white person per shift.
User avatar #127 - nigeltheoutlaw (02/24/2015) [-]
""Minorities" are now the Majority"

In America whites are still by far the majority. I don't know why so many people say this still when it's so easy to look it up.

quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html
User avatar #308 - nigeltheoutlaw (02/24/2015) [-]
Lel, people are actually thumbing me down for correcting somebody? And yet FJ likes to act like it's on the side of reason in any of the "debates" it latches onto.
User avatar #94 - tuxduck (02/24/2015) [-]
Not entirely related, but I'll share.

A study was conducted many times with repeating results about racism and employment.

A bunch of guys were given 2 job applications and were individually asked to pick an application for the job. The first two had no photos of the applicants, who also never met the employer, so they never saw eachother. Things were chill and the employers chose either the white boy or the negro based on their skills.
First, application A was a 6/10 and B was a 10/10. B was picked.
Then, application B was a 6/10, A was a 10/10 and A was picked
Finally when both A and B were either both 6/10 or 10/10, it was 50-50.

When photos were added, things changed a little bit. Application A was white and B was black.
First, application A was a 6/10 and B was a 10/10. B was picked.
Then, application B was a 6/10, A was a 10/10 and A was picked
-When both were 10/10 it was 50-50.
-But when both were 6/10, people inclined more towards the white guy.

The point is that racism is mostly present when we lack accurate information.

Just like how we think most apples are tasty, even though it's completely possible for an apple to be poisonus, we think most niggers are thieves even though it's completely possible for a nigger to be chill.
Once we get information about the apples, we can seperate the bad ones from the good ones. And likewise with niggers.


Then again, our whole stereotype of black people is likely not accurate because of the media.


18:30
Paul Bloom: The Psychology of Everything
#82 - reinbowxdash (02/24/2015) [-]
#66 - Degenerate (02/24/2015) [-]
User avatar #55 - iatedub (02/24/2015) [-]
Well maybe if niggers didn't make such a bad name for themselves and actually treated their own society with respect and raised their little niglets right, they would have the same jobs as White people. You know, PERSONAL FUCKING ACCOUNTABILITY?? Its the SECRET TO THE WHITES SUCCESS.
#112 - anonexplains (02/24/2015) [-]
So, how many black people have you actually met that are freeloading assholes and how much of the shit you're spewing is just because of the shit you see here and on half-chan?
User avatar #117 - iatedub (02/24/2015) [-]
97% of the blacks I've met are worthless deadbeats. They do nothing but mooch off of you, or they're addicted to drugs or they're dealers.
#309 - nigeltheoutlaw (02/24/2015) [-]
Damn, you're really doubling down on your retardation, aren't you?
#193 - azzajack (02/24/2015) [-]
That sounds like you live in a poor neighborhood. I know blacks who went to my Top 3 Engineering school and are awesome. Being White+Poor = Fail
User avatar #197 - iatedub (02/24/2015) [-]
Nope it sounds like I live in an upper middle class neighbor hood, and the blacks come in to sell drugs to the rich little white faggots and it all makes the world go round. Both the types needed their asses whipped when they were little kids.
#30 - mrjunebug (02/23/2015) [-]
There's no such thing as white/male/thin/whatever privileges. I'm not denying that there are racist intolerable assholes out there, because there are, and there always will be. But not EVERYTHING is as superficial and black and white as you sjw-tards believe. This fucking circlejerk where anybody opposing popular belief on the internet being associated with fedoras and neckbeards is such a copout for actually explaining yourself and giving facts. But I'm just a "fedora-wearing neckbearded autist". So what the fuck do I know? At least i'm not a victim-card pulling faggot like some people.
#24 - SuperBobbis (02/23/2015) [-]
Here, I think you dropped this.
#21 - truesmokewolf (02/23/2015) [-]
What are:
Affirmative Action
Black-Only Scholarships
Hispanic-Only Scholarships
Asian-Only Scholarships
Lack of White-Only Scholarships
BET
User avatar #300 - TheBobby (02/24/2015) [-]
In his defense, those things mean nothing as far as being successful in life. A black only scholarship is only useful if you can get a job with the degree youve earned. Studies show that when exactly the same resumes are sent to employers with only the name changed (as in a stereotypical white name vs black name) the white names will receive a significantly higher amount of calls back/job offers. Just having a degree or a scholarship doesnt mean shit.
#293 - effort (02/24/2015) [-]
HOLD UP! There are Asian-only scholarships?

Well, I'm haunted by the fact that i was rejected from a school because of AA, due to the fact that the school's majority was White/Asian.
#251 - billburr (02/24/2015) [-]
Privlege isn't about white people being handed everything it's about opportunities that people who aren't white may not get.
You can whine about affirmative action all you want but at the end of the day if you walk into an interview as a white man you're on average more likely to get the job assuming equal experience/ education
And personally I think affirmative action should be class-based since that is the root of the problem and would stop poor white people from hating poor black people based on a disparity of crumbs handed to them
User avatar #243 - xxmarkusxx (02/24/2015) [-]
There are white only scholarships Google it.
User avatar #225 - Sperit (02/24/2015) [-]
KKK has a white only Scholarship
www.stormfront.org/forum/t17523/
#176 - anonexplains (02/24/2015) [-]
That is to compensate for the fact that white people have it easier to begin with. It's like complaining that there isn't a soup kitchen for rich people.
#234 - azzajack (02/24/2015) [-]
The second part of your sentence is pretty convincing, but then again, I'm replying to a fucking anon what do I know?
#167 - mexicandudeinsd (02/24/2015) [-]
I don't want any hispanic only scholarships, that's unfair and it's also a bit insulting. I want to be accepted into schools and get financial aid for my academic performance and not for my race.
#255 - tarabostes (02/24/2015) [-]
What's a SD?
User avatar #313 - mexicandudeinsd (02/24/2015) [-]
well it aint south dakota
san diego a city in california
#315 - tarabostes (02/24/2015) [-]
Is your name Diego? you're no san tho!
User avatar #316 - mexicandudeinsd (02/24/2015) [-]
bitch it might be
your mother showed me i was a san/saint cause i had her calling god all night long
#317 - tarabostes (02/24/2015) [-]
bitch u wish it was
i think any woman that looks at u would say santa maria tho
#318 - mexicandudeinsd (02/24/2015) [-]
santa maria mira la vergota!!
you know some spanish to be romanian....
#170 - truesmokewolf (02/24/2015) [-]
The world needs more people like you.
#174 - mexicandudeinsd (02/24/2015) [-]
Thanks amigo
#175 - truesmokewolf (02/24/2015) [-]
But dude
Tacos are fucking amazing
Even fake white people tacos

Also tfw Mexican Master Race gf
#182 - mexicandudeinsd (02/24/2015) [-]
tacos and burritos feed my soul
ran out of mehican pics

bro pls step it up, tfw White Master Race gf thats weird that we're the opposite haha
#165 - anonexplains (02/24/2015) [-]
duude there are like no asain only scholarships. colleges want more white ppl and their white money
User avatar #209 - theblacksheep (02/24/2015) [-]
Yeah fucking right, my college is so fucking full on international Asians and I live with someone who's received a scholarship that makes tuition free because he is Asian. that makes you wrong
User avatar #166 - truesmokewolf (02/24/2015) [-]
Okay, I resend my statement of Asian-Only Scholarships.
You can have some of our "White Privilege".
User avatar #145 - buttinspecter (02/24/2015) [-]
Black People Meet .com
User avatar #148 - truesmokewolf (02/24/2015) [-]
To be fair, we have
farmersonly.com
User avatar #143 - confusedasian (02/24/2015) [-]
There are Asian only scholarships? Shit I need to look into that.
#134 - anonexplains (02/24/2015) [-]
We have white entertainment tonight, it's called fox news.
User avatar #135 - truesmokewolf (02/24/2015) [-]
>entertainment
User avatar #187 - roddor (02/24/2015) [-]
That's just opinion at that point, anyone can rejects BET as not being 'entertainment'.
#122 - anonexplains (02/24/2015) [-]
blacks and hispanics are 3x more likely to live in poverty than their white counterparts in the US. I call those smartly targeted programs. Before you say they should be based on merit alone, consider the fact that the effects of generations of racism don't go away over night, even if you'd like them to. You might not perpetuate it, but they still live in a society shaped by it.
#118 - anonexplains (02/24/2015) [-]
Explain how to me how white privilege doesn't exist in this scenario:

> I'm half Asian half white (I look mostly Asian), was born and raised in the U.S.
> Goes to Walmart in (Northern) part of U.S.
> Buys stuff and pays for it
> Upon walking out, I'm asked for a donation by those veteran guys who ring a red bell
> I say nothing and continue to walk to my car, as other people before me did
> Hear the veteran guy remark "huh, she must not speak English"

If I were white, a comment regarding my ability to speak English would have never been said. Maybe it was rude that I didn't say anything to the guy? I don't know, but other (white) people before me said nothing, and he made no remarks to them. It's hard for me to explain my perception of white privilege, but basically you don't have to deal with this social rejection from society as long as you look white. Just being treated like you belong here as a member of society as an inherent right is something I will never have. I'm not asking people who are white to feel guilty, but rather to acknowledge that there are certain privileges they have over a none white persons. As a whole in society (meaning in most parts), you are generally treated better if you are white in the U.S. Just my two cents on what white privilege is to me.
User avatar #185 - paraplegicdinosaur (02/24/2015) [-]
How about you stop being a cunt and at least say "No Thank You" to the people that fought to let you walk on that ground, you ungrateful shithead?
#142 - jackflak (02/24/2015) [-]
I'm absolutely confused as to how you consider what you encountered as "social rejection" against you. If anything you were the one rejecting a social encounter with the volunteer. If it had been a white person, as you said, it would be much more obviously rude. Since you look like you could POTENTIALLY be unable to speak English, he was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't being rude, but just unable to properly respond. However, if you had not appeared to be ethnic in any way, the volunteer probably would have just thought you were being an asshole for ignoring him.

And I'm not saying this is "ethnic privilege" or some stupid shit like that. I'm saying that this is a somewhat complex social interaction that changes entirely based on factors outside of either party's control.
User avatar #136 - tgbacon (02/24/2015) [-]
if you call an assumption "white privledge" for a poor old man shaking a bell for veterans doing it for free mind you then you are delusional.
#141 - anonexplains (02/24/2015) [-]
The veteran shaking the bell is considered "poor and old", where I nowhere said that, so it is merely a construct of your imagination. It's the concepts and assumptions that you have in your mind that are so apparent as white privilege. Without me describing the veteran you see him as a poor old man who is being picked on by an mean Asian person because she feels offended by his out right insult.

And it's not the man asking for a donation, it's the resentful remark that was targeted at me in a manner to make me seem inferior. It's fine to have assumptions you make about people's appearances in your mind, but once you use it to treat other people as though they are worse then you is when it is a problem.
#146 - jackflak (02/24/2015) [-]
Wow you ARE delusional. There are a LOT of immigrants living in the US that can't speak English. If it was construed in an unkind way (sarcastic, angry, etc.) then sure, maybe it was derogatory. But just observing that you might not speak English is just most likely just their way of justifying why you might ignore them.
User avatar #144 - truesmokewolf (02/24/2015) [-]
There's your equality. He assumed you were a tourist and we assumed he was old.
#150 - anonexplains (02/24/2015) [-]
so I am a tourist in my own country? You (and others?) accept that there are immigrants in this country, and that some may not speak English, and there are people who are born in this country to immigrants but we are all "tourists" born here or not to you.

Well I guess you guys really are incapable of understanding existing and real social constructs. I just feel disappointed that people are really so narrow minded that they can't delve deeper into apparent social issues so long as they live unaffected by them. If you want true knowledge, you have to understand the concepts, otherwise you have opinion and ignorance. You all live in "the cave" still.
User avatar #154 - truesmokewolf (02/24/2015) [-]
When you ignore somebody and don't speak to them, how the fuck are they supposed to know if you speak English? Your entire story is retarded and you take it way too fucking personally. If someone walks past me and doesn't answer me when I talk to them, I don't try to make excuses for them "Oh, they might not speak English", I just write them off as a fucking bitch which is what he should've said. "Fine, then, bitch." But no. He assumed you were a decently moral human being and tried to make an excuse for you. And you don't find many white people who don't speak English, but you don't find many people AT ALL who don't speak English.

And an immigrant better fucking learn the native tongue. You don't see me moving to fucking Zimbabwe and expecting them to accommodate my shit.
#157 - anonexplains (02/24/2015) [-]
nope you still don't get it. If you have the time you should read the "riding a bike analogy". I guess I should stop being astounded at the ignorance and intellectual incompetence of some people. Knowledge isn't for everyone, as some stay construed to their cave and false perceptions of reality. I encourage all people to break away and achieve a high understanding of things, but some people don't want that. They like to bask in their ignorance, and wallow in the thumbs of agreement they get from other ignorant like-minded people.
#164 - truesmokewolf (02/24/2015) [-]
No, you need to interact with real human beings more. What he said did not, in any way shape or form, imply you were any less of a human. He just assumed you weren't a total bitch who ignored a veteran asking for help for other veterans in need. He made an excuse for you. He didn't bother making excuses for the others because he can already tell.

If he had said "Fucking gook/chink probably doesn't even speak English", you'd have a point. But he said nothing of the sort. He wondered, aloud, to himself, if you spoke English.

Also
>high understanding
>ignorant like-minded people

You wear a fedora, don't you?
#201 - anonexplains (02/24/2015) [-]
Nope you missed the point too. That's too bad, but you guys make good fodder for analysis papers. Because you lack empirical evidence you cannot demonstrate knowledge on the subject, which is why you make false premises and false conclusions. So when I say you guys are ignorant, it is not an insult to your effort but rather in the sense that you lack empirical evidence to make true conclusions and understand the social constructs I was trying to present. And I don't wear a fedora
#273 - matamune (02/24/2015) [-]
> Using logical fallacies as argument
> Using burden of proof themselves
> Also using genetic fallacy
> Also I'm replying to an anon
> And also I may myself commit the fallacy fallacy
#119 - truesmokewolf (02/24/2015) [-]
1- Sorry that happened to you. Maybe if you had had the fucking human decency to tell the poor guy you weren't interested, he wouldn't assume you don't speak English.

2- That has nothing to do with privilege, you're just a sensitive prick.

3- Tourists come to this country without knowing English. It happens. He probably assumed that.
#120 - anonexplains (02/24/2015) [-]
You're making no attempts to understand the social constructs behind white privilege. You refuse to understand what I'm trying to say here, just because you don't agree with me.

No one else before me who was white were chastised, so how am I making the huge jump to being overly sensitive "prick". And your reply even furthers the idea of white privilege, because I don't look white I'm expected to speak up and say something to this guy, while it is seemingly ok for white people who did the same thing as me to suffer no repercussions.

I guess I'm just sick of being the square peg in the circle hole, I try to explain the construct of white privilege in the manner I used above, but I guess you aren't capable of understanding. When I see something as not being inherently fair I'm just being overly sensitive.
#138 - datswag (02/24/2015) [-]
Doesn't exactly sound like you were being chastised though? I mean it's not like he threw something at you and rudely told you to go "learn English" or something, sounds like he said something to himself/his buddy and it wasn't mean to offend you, he probably honestly didn't think you knew english? I think ignoring them is rude, you could have politely told him you didn't have the money.
#147 - anonexplains (02/24/2015) [-]
Again, why was it ok for the white people before me to not say anything and not be called out for some reason. Maybe chastised was the wrong word choice, but the point is he called me out to make it a point that I was less of a person.

That woman ignored me asking for donations, and she is white? Oh just having a bad day probably. Wait, she isn't white? Oh she doesn't speak English. It is like there is no possibility for white people to not speak English too.

And why would it be ok for him to make an insensitive remark like that? I understand that all people make assumptions about a person based on their appearance, but what I'm trying to distinguish here is when you make a thought something verbally denouncing.
#158 - datswag (02/24/2015) [-]
Because as in American society most white people know english? Personally yes, I think people should be required to know english to live in America, we are an English speaking society, however, it isn't required, so we'll have to get over it. I don't think someone is less of a person because they don't know english however, who's to say he did? It seems like you want to be thought of as being lesser, instead of just thinking "oh, I am Asian looking, it is a possibility I don't know english" Someone assuming you don't know english doesn't put you at any sort of disadvantage, I'm not a better person than you just because no one has ever thought I don't know english. He was trying to determine the reason you were being rude. He wasn't calling you lesser for looking like you don't know english. I'm sure when a white person walks by and pretends to see nothing they think to themselves "what a fucking asshole" they just don't say so out loud because they don't want to offend somebody.
User avatar #156 - truesmokewolf (02/24/2015) [-]
>less of a person

Where in the Hell do you even make this shit up?
User avatar #114 - haitianfighter (02/24/2015) [-]
Those were attempts to provide a boost for underrepresented minorities. There was a need for that. There is inherent unfairness in favor of white people. It might not be in the form of policies or special programs but it is there nonetheless. You point out affirmative action as if it gives black people preferred status over white people. It was designed to mitigate the absolute favoritism in favor of whites. There was that experiment where they sent out absolutely identical resumes to the same companies with only one difference: the name on top. Half of them were Britney, Courtney, Brian, David, just your average stereotypical white names. The other half were Malik, Jamal, Shanice, Monique, your stereotypical black names. SAME EXACT resumes and the white sounding names got significantly more calls. Where does affirmative action tip the scale in favor of black people there? It might come into play in your or your cousin's specific situation where the more qualified white person was overlooked in favor of a minority and that's fucked up. But look at things more broadly. In the grand scheme of things, minorities are automatically judged as inferior to whites. I am absolutely over qualified for my field and I will try to work in the private sector in 2017 and all I gotta say is thank God my first name is Andy and not Antwan.
#110 - mralects (02/24/2015) [-]
asians really have it just as rough with going to college as whites do, everyone else is right though
User avatar #303 - TheBobby (02/24/2015) [-]
asians are also the wealthiest group of people in the united states. yes wealthier than whites with the exception of a few asian ethnic groups
#109 - anonexplains (02/24/2015) [-]
Trust me, most of the black people I know hate BET with a passion, that shit's just embarrassing.
User avatar #304 - MaverickZero (02/24/2015) [-]
Confirmed, BET is a cancerous joke.
User avatar #88 - funnychemaster (02/24/2015) [-]
BET. Icing on the cake
#79 - anonexplains (02/24/2015) [-]
White males get nothing.
At my college, there's 5 scholarships for women only, one for blacks only and Twenty-Six for undocumented "Americans."
User avatar #75 - MaverickZero (02/24/2015) [-]
Ironically, BET isn't a black-owned business.
User avatar #84 - ThatsSoFunnyHeHe (02/24/2015) [-]
Well that's just because Viacom bought it. Before that it was black-owned
#74 - anonexplains (02/24/2015) [-]
I was once mad too. Then I did a research paper on this 'fuck' white people scholarship bs. Its seriously like less than a % of the total scholarship grant money and i'm pretty sure there's a scholarship for being white. Hell there's a scholarship for everything pretty much.
#80 - anonexplains (02/24/2015) [-]
There's no scholarships just for being white and male. But there's plenty of others for being other races and female.
Sure, there are plenty of scholarships out there for other things, but people can be handed money just for being non-white.
Also, none of the scholarships my college offers fit my degree. But if I was an illegal female? There's 31 I could qualify for.
User avatar #20 - bigswingingrichard (02/23/2015) [-]
Affirmative action says otherwise.
User avatar #22 - DeathOne (02/23/2015) [-]
Don't let me get fucking started.
I'm in my last year of highschool, after which I must take the final exam, and college admittance exam.
I checked the free spots at a college in the capital.
The normal spots last year were taken by people with average grades of at least 9.5/10.
And there is a single gypsy free spot. Do you know how much he got there with?
A fucking 6.5/10.
Close to fucking failing, he got in college for free because he's a minority.
#41 - anonexplains (02/24/2015) [-]
i dont want to think about affirmative action bullshit. are the minority races so inferior that they need an extra boost to get in college?

and fuck diversity shit, a LESS QUALIFIED student is chosen over a MORE QUALIFIED student simply because of his race. no bueno
#105 - Picture 02/23/2015 on Gravity Falls +24
#36 - The guy that did something was also security, lol. An… 02/18/2015 on security (in)capability 0
#88 - Reposted **** isn't comparable to clopping, don't… 02/16/2015 on It's an older meme, but it... -6
#115 - ****** pathetic 02/05/2015 on Samus please +3
#68 - No one's ever done anything ****** up for Christianity? 02/03/2015 on Islam - The Religion of... +1
#12 - Mythbusters really went down hill 02/03/2015 on baby walrus 0
#33 - He probably is gay lol so what 02/03/2015 on Cat man +1
#29 - Made me laugh but it wasn't a bad throw. They just shouldn't h… 02/02/2015 on Superbowl XLIX +1
#40 - The number of amazing, high-paying jobs that people will throw… 02/02/2015 on everytime I get chinese food +1

items

Total unique items point value: 2050 / Total items point value: 2400
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
User avatar #1 - Kestin (04/18/2013) [-]
Here's a link to the Diagnostic and Statistics Manual (of Mental Disorders) 4's (summarized) definition of "antisocial personality disorder", since you clearly have no ******* clue what it is:
http://allpsych.com/disorders/personality/antisocial.html

Here's a link to the dictionary, so you can learn the difference between words like "furry" and "beastiality":
dictionary.reference.com/

"Furry", or any kink really, MIGHT be described by the paraphilia section (http://allpsych.com/disorders/paraphilias/index.html). Fetishism, while not technically correct, is the closest paraphilia "disorder" which describes the furry, but note this sentence: "To be considered diagnosable, the fantasies, urges, or behaviors must cause significant distress in the individual or be disruptive to his or her everyday functioning."

Also, you should probably know that pedophiles, so long as they aren't acting on their urges, aren't "horrible, monstrous people." They're only bad people if they act on it, and, in ANY case they are a victim of either faulty wiring, a disturbed past, or some deep and likely unavoidable psychological damage. They're sad, abnormal individuals who deserve help. Those that can't "control themselves", of course, are not excusable, but I'm not here to argue that.

Source? I'm a goddamn psychology major.

If ANYONE in that conversation had "signs of antisocial personality disorder" it was YOU (take a look, you'll find stuff about "disregarding the rights of others", "lack of empathy", etc) but even THEN "showing signs" is not ANYWHERE near enough to diagnose a person. We ALL show signs of something.

Learn a bit about things before you open your ******* mouth. While I have no right to deny you your opinions, you can and absolutely SHOULD keep them to yourself if you have no knowledge of the subject at hand. Educate yourself, and THEN we can have this discussion. Until then, stop abusing people on the internet and enjoy the damn thing like everyone else is.
#3 to #1 - stickandmove (04/18/2013) [-]
I'm not diagnosing anyone over the internet. Simmer down.

Pedophiles who act on their impulses are evil, no doubt. But their attraction to children isn't indicative of a healthy mentality.

Don't flex your major. Everyone and their pet goldfish is either a criminal justice or psychology major. You're a dime a dozen.

I don't need to open my mouth to type. What's there to know about the subject? You pleasure yourself to likenesses of animals, or at least you defend the people that do. There's nothing more to it than that.

Have I addressed everything?
User avatar #4 to #3 - Kestin (04/19/2013) [-]
You actually did a pretty good job. More than I gave you credit for, in fact. I'd even be swayed to your point of view, if you weren't describing what is evidently a completely different situation. So here we go. I've even put on some Dobie Grey so I won't get so irrationally angry this time.

First of all, let's address your first remark. "Psychopathy leads to", " something very wrong with the lot of you", "doesn't mean you're not ****** in the head" all imply some sort of attempt to label or classify people. THIS ("characteristic of an antisocial personality") is an honest-to-whatever attempt to apply a clinical/psychological term to someone blanket group of people. I'd almost even be okay with that, but you did it entirely wrong. There is literally, and I do mean LITERALLY, no part of antisocial personality disorder (being a SOCIOPATH) that is displayed in furry culture (or even bestiality, pedophilia, etc) AT ALL. If you made a Venn Diagram, there'd be no overlap. None.

About pedophiles? Yeah, I don't like them. Hell, I know victims of them. But you said this: "Nevermind that they act on it, just the fact that it persists is abominable." It isn't. It's SAD. If we're going to throw around mental heath talk, it needs to be from a healthy point of view. I figured you should know.

And flexing my major? I'm not. I threw the "goddamn" in there because I was FURIOUS (and because it's a fun word), but I brought up my major simply to lend credibility to what I was saying. It would be unfair and wrong of me to school you on the finer points of psychology if I couldn't back it up with sources (which I did) and some sort of proof of knowledge (which I did). There are a TON of psych majors, true. It's just clear you aren't one of them.

Kudos, by the way, on your arguing of semantics. You're right, you don't need to open your mouth to type. The words just felt... the right kind of snarky. I meant it as a general expression along the lines of:
User avatar #5 to #4 - Kestin (04/19/2013) [-]
"Feel free to express your opinion, but if you're going to bring up clinical terms or argue your thoughts like fact, for the love of all that you hold dear make sure you understand what you're talking about before you communicate." In fact, I double checked EVERYTHING I said to you to make sure it was true before I sent it your way. I always do. Your opinions are (almost) always welcome. For example, I have a distaste for scat fetishes. I don't like gore porn. I'm perfectly fine with those, though, when everyone is consenting, but there isn't documentable evidence to support my opinions other than "I personally find this gross." I DO have a problem with snuff porn, because both conventional and post-conventional morality dictates that killing others for sexual satisfacting is wrong because it oversteps your rights in that you have (irreperably) harmed another living creature.

What's there to know about the subject, though? Like any complicated subculture... a LOT. A TON. Someone more knowledgeable than I could do entire anthropolocial studies on the Furry subculture. They're fasciniating. You said "the likeness of animals." You also said "zoophilia fixation." As much as it's tempting to give it a glance and cry wolf (see the pun? ^_^), they aren't the same thing. Furry is actually more analogous to fantasy "fetishes" like... elves or dwarves. Or the aliens from Avatar. Or angels. Why ANTHROPOMORPHIC animal-people, though? I don't know. Since being a furry lets you recreate yourself in a subculture that is generally friendly and accepting, I'd have to say a lot of people probably are drawn to animals because the human race has not been kind to them but animals have never harmed them. Plus they're cute. Some people might like the look or feel of fur, which isn't really that much different than a "hairy fetish", just a bit less gross. Some people might find it exotic. Some people are just wired this way.


User avatar #6 to #5 - Kestin (04/19/2013) [-]
It's important to remember that it isn't different from most paraphilias. I am not a furry, but I have an odd fixation on BDSM. Can't help my self, honestly. I could trace back its roots, possibly, but there's no reason to. It is what it is. That, honestly, has more offensive and downright treading-on-thin-ice aspects than being a furry. Some people have a uniform fetish -- nurses, or schoolgirls. One could even say that liking schoolgirl uniforms is indicitive of pedophilia. (One would, of course, be wrong, though I could see pedophilies liking it. *shrug*) It's simply people who have a different view than you. What you've done is similar to attacking someone of a different religion, skin color, political party, sports team loyalty, or... hell, name a difference -- all while using the WRONG terms and doing it in a manner that crossed a lot of lines. Furries -- or people with almost any paraphilia -- do NOT need "desperate and immediate professional help" (providing the fixations or preferances aren't disrupting their lives or significantly disrupting the lives of others) no more than you are in need of professional help for any food preferences or musical tastes.

There are more points I'd likey love to dispute, but I do have to say I was so incredibly flabbergasted at your mis-informed and narrowminded attacking of an incredibly peaceful group of people that I had to stop reading. Like this, that I just noticed: "justice your fascination with nude man-dogs." Why should that need to be justified? Do ANY preferences, sexual or otherwise, that YOU hold need to be justified? In all honesty, though, it doesn't matter.


Really? I don't blame you for finding Furries weird. I don't even blame you for being uncomfortable with the subject. I don't even blame you for being unwilling to learn about them.
User avatar #7 to #6 - Kestin (04/19/2013) [-]
I will, however, say that your odd level of fear and hostility to paraphilia suggests either some traumatic experience, repressed desire, or mental issue that you may want to be see a counselor for, just to talk about it.

Either way, you need to understand that -- personal opinions aside -- what you've just done is not an okay or socially acceptable way to interact with another human being. The attacks you made were unfair and the terms you threw around were both incredibly negative and laughably inaccurate. You debased, berrated, and made less of someone else -- TO THEIR FACE -- simply because you had a problem accepting some semi-basic aspect of human sexuality. Have your opinions. Stick to them. But NEVER use them to harm someone minding their own business again.

(Yes, I wrote all that before-hand and broke it into pieces. If I was just offandedly offended by you, I suppose this would have been shorter. But 1) you did something horrible 2) you did it poorly 3) you are clearly a smart enough person to be reasoned with and explained to. You don't have to like furries, but what the hell is stopping you from throwing up your hands, saying "I don't understand and I don't wanna", and just walking away? Why attack people?)

P.S: I am aware I suck at spelling. You don't need to bring it up. ;)

P.P.S.: Honest question, no snark or attacks meant: what are you into? What are your kinks? There has to be something, right? Or are you defined by your lack of them? Because I actually quite enjoy the missionary position. That's cool. You have to have something that makes you different or unique somehow in life, though, right?
#8 to #7 - stickandmove (04/19/2013) [-]
As much as I appreciate you writing me the great american novel, I want to assure you wholeheartedly that I have no intention of reading any amount of it.

My concerns are what they are and, while I pride myself on keeping an open mind, I doubt that you can provide a sound enough argument in opposition.

If I've offended you then so be it. You'll need thick skin to enjoy the things you do, because this isn't the last time you'll receive unwelcome criticism for it.
User avatar #9 to #8 - Kestin (04/21/2013) [-]
*shrug* I don't really enjoy furry, and, as much as you'd think they would, no one really gives BDSM lovers **** .

Don't read what you don't want to read, that's fine. Left it there just in case you felt like having an intelligent discussion. It's not like I have anything better to do that late at night.

You can have your concerns. You probably shouldn't pride yourself on having an open mind (because you don't seem to), but who am I to judge? I don't know you. Maybe you were just having a bad day or whatever.

I think my you'll find my arguments very sound, though maybe not to your taste. Just know that if you ever get bored or curious, they'll be here. I do have to say, though, that I'm fine with "unwelcome criticism", but the way you expressed your crossed a line or two.

Regardless, I wish you a pleasant weekend and a good rest of your life.
 Friends (0)