|Funny Pictures||Funny Videos|
|Funny GIFs||YouTube Videos|
Rank #2522 on ContentLevel 290 Comments: Post Master
OfflineSend mail to skypatrol Block skypatrol Invite skypatrol to be your friend flag avatar
I'm so cool and so edgy.
- Text/Links 13
- Pictures 39
- YouTube 1
- Animated Gifs 2
- Favorites 13
- Friends 7
- Comments2 new2237
- Channels 2
- All 2318
- Views: 32618Animal Watching
1218 49 Total: +1169
- Views: 52210It's simple
1333 199 Total: +1134
- Views: 44140Fuckin' Vegans
1007 54 Total: +953
- Views: 29331Warlords of Queue Times
893 42 Total: +851
- Views: 25903Everytime
958 125 Total: +833
- Views: 25643Some goddamn good artwork
712 38 Total: +674
- Views: 2122Summary of twilight in 4 seconds.
12 8 Total: +4
latest user's comments
|#42 - Comment deleted||12/13/2014 on I'm bored||0|
|#41 - Comment deleted||12/13/2014 on I'm bored||0|
|#991 - dammit||12/10/2014 on [Untitled]||+2|
|#3107 - me please||12/07/2014 on mods draw you a Christmas hat||0|
|#45 - To the people calling ******** Bobbysnobby … [+] (5 new replies)||12/07/2014 on Has science gone too far?||-23|
#48 - bobbysnobby (12/07/2014) [-]
Heard ping from another window Rapid reply.
That is true for insects because of how they take in o2, O2 is not the primary biological constraint on human growth size.
There are a few factors not worth going into but the biggest issue is our body build is pretty dreadful for a large body. Our heart and organs are arranged vertically rather than horizontally, our means of locomotion means we take nearly all of our body's weight through the pelvic girdle, and our feet and knees take a huge amount of strain as is let alone for individuals being more than 9 feet tall.
There are a lot of misconceptions about health and fitness such as muscle mass, lean and fat tissue and the idea that modern humans are in better "health" or "shape" than individuals from distant history. But there is a lot of literature on human growth as it relates to height. There is what we call a soft limit which is human beings can only be so tall reliably, like for a stable population. There have been very tall individuals but even at the record which was less than 9 feet he had pretty negative health issues because of it.
I guess to be scientific it is possible but I would suggest that it is so unlikely as to be basically 0 chance. The major factors against it is.
1) If true it would be 7 feet TALLER than the highest person ever recorded. Thats a massive difference.
2) The negative health aspects for even people growing as tall as 10 feet are so significant that in ancient cultures with less resource availability and medical capabilities its unlikely that even if genetically they were able to grow to such a size that they would survive long enough to.
3) Its easier to explain it as someone miss informed, intentionally deceptive or maybe some other interesting health phenomenon. Could be that they had some weird growth issue with their hand for instance and so scaling it up to a full grown body is inaccurate.
|#21 - Picture||12/06/2014 on wi-fi||0|
|#31 - oh, im retarded. <me being just as awkward||12/04/2014 on The Bird||0|
|#28 - this is still going over my head [+] (2 new replies)||12/04/2014 on The Bird||0|
#30 - anonymous (12/04/2014) [-]
put finger in holes
|#61 - Picture||12/02/2014 on Dank Knight Rises||0|
|#31 - i want to RAPE HER MOTHER you totally expected …||12/02/2014 on Kari comp||-1|