Rank #16141 on CommentsLevel 246 Comments: Doinitrite
OfflineSend mail to pensivepangolin Block pensivepangolin Invite pensivepangolin to be your friend
|Last status update:|| |
|Date Signed Up:||10/17/2012|
|FunnyJunk Career Stats|
|Highest Content Rank:||#2023|
|Highest Comment Rank:||#2499|
|Content Thumbs:||1038 total, 1206 , 168|
|Comment Thumbs:||5385 total, 5594 , 209|
|Content Level Progress:|| 30% (3/10) |
Level 81 Content: Srs Business → Level 82 Content: Srs Business
|Comment Level Progress:|| 44% (44/100) |
Level 246 Comments: Doinitrite → Level 247 Comments: Doinitrite
|Times Content Favorited:||101 times|
|Total Comments Made:||559|
|Favorite Tags:||Video Game (2)|
- Views: 34421RIP Terry Pratchett
860 72 Total: +788
- Views: 10644Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
150 20 Total: +130
- Views: 12044Water Bottle...Thing (Read Desc.)
89 23 Total: +66
- Views: 1770MIssion Added: Find Shrubbery
23 3 Total: +20
- Views: 2586Wallpaper Comp Of Games I Like
19 2 Total: +17
- Views: 1442Click the link and be amazed
15 9 Total: +6
- Views: 477Jekyll Jekyll Hyde Jekyll Hyde Hyde
3 8 Total: -5
- Views: 1333Happy birthday Admin
8 2 Total: +6
latest user's comments
|#251 - I feel like a lot of users here don't actually understand how … [+] (1 new reply)||07/19/2016 on "White skin was never...||0|
|#41 - I would like to preface this by saying that I disagree with th…||07/17/2016 on "Black 0n Black Crime Isn't...||+3|
|#214998 - Pinged you, mang||07/10/2016 on Advice - love advice,...||0|
|#214967 - Well, I just graduated from college and have begun living in t… [+] (8 new replies)||07/10/2016 on Advice - love advice,...||+4|
#215095 - comandante (07/14/2016) [-]
the guitar for me brought all sorts of new people, and allowed m to go to places i never thought i'd be cool enough for pick a hobby, and let it draw you to new experiences. Because i played guitar, i got to play in downtown disney, for a senator, for a charity benefit, at school concerts, as well as allow me to hang with new people, you and me are the same age, we got our whole lives ahead of us. learn a new language,ill be taking Chinese in the fall. Find something, anything you like, and try to learn it or get into it. Guns? community service? the gym, maybe you can aquire better health? Paco Pena once said the guitar's rewards far exeed that of just being able to play, i brought him to whole other worlds, many musicians can attest to that. The internet has a shitload of resources, find your "guitar" and you can find not only new people, but a new hobby in live. Just my two cents
#215015 - incoming (07/11/2016) [-]
Rules of thumb for talking to new people:
1. Location where people aren't in a hurry (park bench=good, crowded subway=bad)
2. Let the setting dictate how you start and for best results do it in a setting that interests you (dog park="That's a nice dog you have, what breed is he/she?" or "Wow, he/she is really well trained, did you train him/her yourself?")
3. Let the conversation progress naturally, you're not a tv show that needs an info dump right at the start.
4. If you have trouble keeping the conversation going no need to drag it out, take a breather and try again when you're ready eventually something should stick.
As for where to try it:
1. Events (concerts, expos, etc.)
2. Community service/activities (fitness classes, book clubs, volunteering, etc.)
3.Hobby shops (sporting goods store, card shop, game store etc.)
4. During your routine( morning jog, morning coffee stop, etc. Just find something you like to do routinely and see if you notice anyone else that frequently does the same.)
#214973 - whitechino (07/10/2016) [-]
It's easy yo.
Just be open minded.
If that's not good enough, try easy mode:
In the morning on days off, try to pick up girls jogging in the park, in a coffee shop, or just walking down the street.
Try to make an effort to at least talk to 5 girls a day. See if you can get numbers. See what works and what doesn't and smooth out the the edges in the details.
#214970 - pewtersprite (07/10/2016) [-]
As for the dating portion of it all, an even tougher cookie.
My past relationships all evolved from friendships, so from experience I can only say that a good friend could eventually become a good romantic partner.
Such things are highly individualistic though. The idea of a "date" in the traditional sense, meeting a stranger and courting them/being courted by them, is pretty alien in my eyes.
#214969 - pewtersprite (07/10/2016) [-]
It's a tough situation to be sure. While I've been lucky enough to find friends through school, relatives and common contacts, starting over in a brand new place is something i imagine to be a daunting experience.
I guess much of it depends on the culture of your country (state, local area even?)
While nobody would dream of simply walking up to a person they think look interesting and striking up conversation here, I believe it's quite common place in other places where people aren't as reserved.
The most promising thing I can think of would probably be engaging in some kind of social hobby, and meet people through that. Sports, arts and crafts, P&P roleplaying, board games, outdoorsmanship, the list goes on. If you know of a hobby or interest that could possibly exist in the local community as a social thing, I suggest looking it up and seeing if the mutual interest you and those present can serve as the base of a friendship!
|#145 - Thanks [+] (1 new reply)||06/04/2016 on It's my birthday today||0|
|#61 - Console Battleborn is actually doing much better than PC. This…||06/04/2016 on Milestone||+3|
|#51 - This whole ordeal makes me ******* disgusted. The parents act…||06/03/2016 on Nice.||+1|
|#40 - Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War||05/27/2016 on Idiot Box||0|
|#23 - Did someone say wet napkin bacon strip?||05/17/2016 on wet napkin bacon strip.||+2|
|#70 - John Lennon never said the "best drummer line". Tha…||05/16/2016 on factz||0|