Home Original Content Funny Pictures Funny GIFs YouTube Funny Text Funny Movies Channels Search
Buy your amazon goods through FJ's link.
Just click this link and search for any product you want. FJ gets a commission on everything you buy.

nightmaren    

Rank #5976 on Comments
nightmaren Avatar Level 325 Comments: Covered In Thumbs
Offline
Send mail to nightmaren Block nightmaren Invite nightmaren to be your friend flag avatar
Last status update:
-
Personal Info
Gender: male
Consoles Owned: Xbox 360, DSi, PS2, Wii, Laptop
Video Games Played: Skyrim, Halo Reach, Pokemon Ruby,
X-box Gamertag: NiGHTMARREN
Date Signed Up:12/25/2010
Last Login:8/18/2014
Location:Ontario
Funnyjunk Career Stats
Comment Ranking:#5976
Highest Content Rank:#7562
Highest Comment Rank:#395
Content Thumbs: 728 total,  1082 ,  354
Comment Thumbs: 25687 total,  31985 ,  6298
Content Level Progress: 70% (7/10)
Level 72 Content: FJ Cultist → Level 73 Content: FJ Cultist
Comment Level Progress: 23.5% (235/1000)
Level 325 Comments: Covered In Thumbs → Level 326 Comments: Covered In Thumbs
Subscribers:5
Content Views:52744
Times Content Favorited:105 times
Total Comments Made:7935
FJ Points:2873

latest user's comments

#18 - NO 04/13/2014 on Achievement unlocked +4
#1 - I don't know what the big deal is. Ben Affleck is literally e… 04/13/2014 on Batmen 0
#16 - Jaime's my favourite character. I don't care if he's **…  [+] (4 new replies) 04/13/2014 on my wife... +25
#26 - greyblade (04/13/2014) [-]
important to notice that he used to fuck his sister and push kids out of windows. I spy with my little eye something beginning with character development...
#36 - anonymous (04/13/2014) [-]
Yeah, when Cersei gets arrested, she will ask for his help and he will just ignore her, it'll be awesome.
#40 - anonymous (04/13/2014) [-]
dude stay behind the series with spoiler talk please
#46 - greyblade (04/13/2014) [-]
I agree. the only current productions for which spoilers are allowed is the hobbit, since that's been around longer than pretty much anyone on this site.
#31 - Picture 04/13/2014 on Someone had to say it 0
#4 - inb4 "marmosetsandmacaroninoodles" 04/13/2014 on world's smallest monkey... 0
#203 - **** , I should've checked the comments before I c… 04/13/2014 on Lookalike Contest Results 0
#200 - toxicsocial looks more like Frankie Munez than Leonardo DiCaprio 04/13/2014 on Lookalike Contest Results +5
#77 - Is this a screenshot from the new super smash bros game? 04/13/2014 on When anime becomes real... +11
#244864 - lol wrekt 04/12/2014 on Hating - file complaints,... 0
#244863 - I mostly just was eager to mention the fact that I fence, beca… 04/12/2014 on Hating - file complaints,... 0
#95 - Nah, it's supposed to be an argonian in shrouded armour, form …  [+] (9 new replies) 04/12/2014 on nightmaren's profile 0
User avatar #107 - rokkarokkaali (05/10/2014) [-]
Do you know where? I like pixel art stuff and i like skyrim stuff
User avatar #108 - nightmaren (05/10/2014) [-]
I can't seem to find the exact image on deviantart anymore, but on the left hand side of deviantart's main page you can narrow down your search results by category to find pixel art, by going digital art > pixel art
User avatar #109 - rokkarokkaali (05/10/2014) [-]
I found some neat looking stuff from that.
How's your story-making thing going? I forgot what the name for it was.
User avatar #110 - nightmaren (05/10/2014) [-]
Not bad. I got my tablet working on my laptop so I've been drawing shit related to it mostly. I'm working on a map for the realistic fantasy one, and wrote a small "essay" about a group of warriors for one of the races in the world. I haven't gotten around to putting any of it online yet; I might do some of that tonight.
User avatar #111 - rokkarokkaali (05/10/2014) [-]
do you have a link to that site you had your stuff on again?
User avatar #113 - nightmaren (05/11/2014) [-]
I just updated it a bit, not much. Out of the three new pages I added, only one has any content on it. The other two I have written up in word, but they're kind of outdated so I'll need to rewrite them before I post em.
User avatar #114 - rokkarokkaali (05/11/2014) [-]
ite
User avatar #112 - nightmaren (05/11/2014) [-]
thecentenniallibary.webs.com/
This one's just for my fairly realistic fantasy universe. I have a decent amount written for that one. I'll update it soon.
User avatar #96 - revengeforfreeze (04/12/2014) [-]
Oh, okay.
#244615 - Wait, but I thought they brought on a different type of overla… 04/12/2014 on Hating - file complaints,... 0
#244613 - But I kind of like both of those songs, and I don't care for K…  [+] (6 new replies) 04/12/2014 on Hating - file complaints,... 0
User avatar #244614 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Yes it does. Those are the exact same as the shitty popstars I mentioned.
They make poppy rock. So....
#244616 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
im beginning to think your definition of uncreative is anything you dont like
User avatar #244617 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
yeap
#244618 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
but you like maiden
User avatar #244619 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
I know

User avatar #244615 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
Wait, but I thought they brought on a different type of overlaying and Axl's vocals were trailblazers, though?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
www.funnyjunk.com/hating/244612#244612[/spoiler]
[spoiler] I think I made my point, time for bed.
#244610 - > Thinking this is a new thing. If you wan…  [+] (9 new replies) 04/12/2014 on Hating - file complaints,... +1
#244612 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
paradise city brought on a different type of overlaying and axls vocals were trailblazers, though
User avatar #244611 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
I don't find those artists to be good either.
So...
Lel
User avatar #244613 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
But I kind of like both of those songs, and I don't care for Katy Perry and I can't stand Taylor Swift. Just because you don't like kiss or guns and roses doesn't make my argument invalid.
User avatar #244614 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Yes it does. Those are the exact same as the shitty popstars I mentioned.
They make poppy rock. So....
#244616 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
im beginning to think your definition of uncreative is anything you dont like
User avatar #244617 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
yeap
#244618 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
but you like maiden
User avatar #244619 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
I know

User avatar #244615 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
Wait, but I thought they brought on a different type of overlaying and Axl's vocals were trailblazers, though?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
www.funnyjunk.com/hating/244612#244612[/spoiler]
[spoiler] I think I made my point, time for bed.
#244608 - It was a joke. You're on funnyjunk. Usually when you see someo…  [+] (3 new replies) 04/12/2014 on Hating - file complaints,... 0
User avatar #244653 - leonhardt (04/12/2014) [-]
"I could not detect the slightest bit of sarcasm in his post."
User avatar #244650 - revengeforfreeze (04/12/2014) [-]
It didn't look like you were joking at all the way you worded it tbh
User avatar #244863 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
I mostly just was eager to mention the fact that I fence, because that was why I said "I could beat you in a sword fight" in the first place, so I thought I tried to give some context, but I didn't want to just say "I fence guys!!!"
I thought I'd just try to slip it in there.
#244603 - Picture  [+] (5 new replies) 04/12/2014 on Hating - file complaints,... 0
#244605 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
You just admitted to being an elitist douche bag about swordfighting. I don't know what more evidence I need.
#244608 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
It was a joke. You're on funnyjunk. Usually when you see someone say something that implies "I think sword fighting is important in the 21st century" you can assume they're just kidding around.
User avatar #244653 - leonhardt (04/12/2014) [-]
"I could not detect the slightest bit of sarcasm in his post."
User avatar #244650 - revengeforfreeze (04/12/2014) [-]
It didn't look like you were joking at all the way you worded it tbh
User avatar #244863 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
I mostly just was eager to mention the fact that I fence, because that was why I said "I could beat you in a sword fight" in the first place, so I thought I tried to give some context, but I didn't want to just say "I fence guys!!!"
I thought I'd just try to slip it in there.
#244601 - Show me a major example of modern artists 100% copying another…  [+] (13 new replies) 04/12/2014 on Hating - file complaints,... 0
#244607 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
chord progressions common keys and tempo
i dont expect you to understand unless you know what those words mean in which case you can just hear it and understand it
User avatar #244604 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Katy Perry "Firework" Lyrics
Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
Here is one example.
Shitty girl pop artists talking about their lovers over and over.
User avatar #244610 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
KISS - Rock n Roll all night! Guns N' Roses - Paradise City > Thinking this is a new thing. If you want I could even give a close minded summary too
"Greasy rock bands singing about having a good time in a redundant way"
#244612 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
paradise city brought on a different type of overlaying and axls vocals were trailblazers, though
User avatar #244611 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
I don't find those artists to be good either.
So...
Lel
User avatar #244613 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
But I kind of like both of those songs, and I don't care for Katy Perry and I can't stand Taylor Swift. Just because you don't like kiss or guns and roses doesn't make my argument invalid.
User avatar #244614 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Yes it does. Those are the exact same as the shitty popstars I mentioned.
They make poppy rock. So....
#244616 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
im beginning to think your definition of uncreative is anything you dont like
User avatar #244617 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
yeap
#244618 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
but you like maiden
User avatar #244619 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
I know

User avatar #244615 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
Wait, but I thought they brought on a different type of overlaying and Axl's vocals were trailblazers, though?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
www.funnyjunk.com/hating/244612#244612[/spoiler]
[spoiler] I think I made my point, time for bed.
#244609 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
gonna play devils advocate and those are fairly different and love is too broad a theme
#244599 - Name one artist who hasn't been influenced in any way by anoth…  [+] (15 new replies) 04/12/2014 on Hating - file complaints,... 0
User avatar #244600 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Influenced =/= copy
User avatar #244601 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
Show me a major example of modern artists 100% copying another, that isn't a cover.
#244607 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
chord progressions common keys and tempo
i dont expect you to understand unless you know what those words mean in which case you can just hear it and understand it
User avatar #244604 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Katy Perry "Firework" Lyrics
Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
Here is one example.
Shitty girl pop artists talking about their lovers over and over.
User avatar #244610 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
KISS - Rock n Roll all night! Guns N' Roses - Paradise City > Thinking this is a new thing. If you want I could even give a close minded summary too
"Greasy rock bands singing about having a good time in a redundant way"
#244612 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
paradise city brought on a different type of overlaying and axls vocals were trailblazers, though
User avatar #244611 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
I don't find those artists to be good either.
So...
Lel
User avatar #244613 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
But I kind of like both of those songs, and I don't care for Katy Perry and I can't stand Taylor Swift. Just because you don't like kiss or guns and roses doesn't make my argument invalid.
User avatar #244614 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Yes it does. Those are the exact same as the shitty popstars I mentioned.
They make poppy rock. So....
#244616 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
im beginning to think your definition of uncreative is anything you dont like
User avatar #244617 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
yeap
#244618 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
but you like maiden
User avatar #244619 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
I know

User avatar #244615 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
Wait, but I thought they brought on a different type of overlaying and Axl's vocals were trailblazers, though?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
www.funnyjunk.com/hating/244612#244612[/spoiler]
[spoiler] I think I made my point, time for bed.
#244609 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
gonna play devils advocate and those are fairly different and love is too broad a theme
#244598 - I disagree about music not being meant to bring people togethe… 04/12/2014 on Hating - file complaints,... 0
#244596 - The songs all have different lyrics, which involves imaginatio…  [+] (17 new replies) 04/12/2014 on Hating - file complaints,... 0
#244597 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
the melodies are generic though and using clentil iches for writing like rock out or fly away is a sign of lack of originality
they dont write in a vacuum, they recycle whats been done before
User avatar #244599 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
Name one artist who hasn't been influenced in any way by another artist.
User avatar #244600 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Influenced =/= copy
User avatar #244601 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
Show me a major example of modern artists 100% copying another, that isn't a cover.
#244607 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
chord progressions common keys and tempo
i dont expect you to understand unless you know what those words mean in which case you can just hear it and understand it
User avatar #244604 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Katy Perry "Firework" Lyrics
Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
Here is one example.
Shitty girl pop artists talking about their lovers over and over.
User avatar #244610 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
KISS - Rock n Roll all night! Guns N' Roses - Paradise City > Thinking this is a new thing. If you want I could even give a close minded summary too
"Greasy rock bands singing about having a good time in a redundant way"
#244612 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
paradise city brought on a different type of overlaying and axls vocals were trailblazers, though
User avatar #244611 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
I don't find those artists to be good either.
So...
Lel
User avatar #244613 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
But I kind of like both of those songs, and I don't care for Katy Perry and I can't stand Taylor Swift. Just because you don't like kiss or guns and roses doesn't make my argument invalid.
User avatar #244614 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Yes it does. Those are the exact same as the shitty popstars I mentioned.
They make poppy rock. So....
#244616 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
im beginning to think your definition of uncreative is anything you dont like
User avatar #244617 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
yeap
#244618 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
but you like maiden
User avatar #244619 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
I know

User avatar #244615 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
Wait, but I thought they brought on a different type of overlaying and Axl's vocals were trailblazers, though?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
www.funnyjunk.com/hating/244612#244612[/spoiler]
[spoiler] I think I made my point, time for bed.
#244609 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
gonna play devils advocate and those are fairly different and love is too broad a theme
#244595 - I know, I do that **** all the time, but I always… 04/12/2014 on Hating - file complaints,... 0
#244591 - Nah, what makes music art is the fact that people can enjoy it…  [+] (21 new replies) 04/12/2014 on Hating - file complaints,... +1
User avatar #244593 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
It's not that people can't sing about partying.
It's if they do it all the time, why should every piece of your "art" be about partying?
Also, no. Music is not about bringing people together.
It's about your emotions. Yes, what you think of music is subjective.
But skill is fact.
If a band has more skill, then they're probably going to make better music.
A typical person doesn't normally view music for how much though process went into it, they view it for what feelings it gives them.
Opinion incoming.
Which is fine, but not everyone is the same.
I personally think newer pop is shit because it is simple and has no real creative thought process to it.

#244598 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
I disagree about music not being meant to bring people together. I feel like music first started in prehistoric times when tribes would all shred their drums together to boost morale before a hunt or something. I'm too lazy to actually research it to see if it's true or not, but I think I remember reading that in some journal when I was researching for an ISU a few years ago. The thing about music also encompassing how it makes you feel would've come later.
I'm done going down the road about art and all that shit though, because people argue about every kind of craft being an art. "Culinary arts" is the act of making food and shit, and some would consider making a pot of KD to not be art, but I think if you consider making some classy ass french cuisine shit art, then boiling a brick of ramen into a soup counts are art too. You can disagree with that all you want, but you can't prove it wrong, because the definition of art is shaky at best.

The way I see it is, when it comes to being an elitist cunt about modern mainstream music, you can either

1. Bitch about the label companies for selling out artists to make money, but you end up looking like a retard because they're an industry and they're there to make money, that's what they've always done.

2. Bitch about the artists themselves, but you end up looking like a retard because people's musical tastes are subjective and art can't be defined

3. Bitch about the general populace that like the modern mainstream artists but you end up looking like a retard because "HUE YOURE LISTEING TO THE WRONG MUSIC EVERYONE SHOULD LIKE WHAT I LIKE"
#244592 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
cre·a·tive
krēˈātiv/
adjective
1.
relating to or involving the imagination or original ideas, esp. in the production of an artistic work.
User avatar #244596 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
The songs all have different lyrics, which involves imagination to write. That's why I said drawing a sword doesn't make you any less creative of an artist just because other people have drawn swords before.
#244597 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
the melodies are generic though and using clentil iches for writing like rock out or fly away is a sign of lack of originality
they dont write in a vacuum, they recycle whats been done before
User avatar #244599 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
Name one artist who hasn't been influenced in any way by another artist.
User avatar #244600 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Influenced =/= copy
User avatar #244601 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
Show me a major example of modern artists 100% copying another, that isn't a cover.
#244607 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
chord progressions common keys and tempo
i dont expect you to understand unless you know what those words mean in which case you can just hear it and understand it
User avatar #244604 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Katy Perry "Firework" Lyrics
Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
Here is one example.
Shitty girl pop artists talking about their lovers over and over.
User avatar #244610 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
KISS - Rock n Roll all night! Guns N' Roses - Paradise City > Thinking this is a new thing. If you want I could even give a close minded summary too
"Greasy rock bands singing about having a good time in a redundant way"
#244612 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
paradise city brought on a different type of overlaying and axls vocals were trailblazers, though
User avatar #244611 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
I don't find those artists to be good either.
So...
Lel
User avatar #244613 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
But I kind of like both of those songs, and I don't care for Katy Perry and I can't stand Taylor Swift. Just because you don't like kiss or guns and roses doesn't make my argument invalid.
User avatar #244614 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Yes it does. Those are the exact same as the shitty popstars I mentioned.
They make poppy rock. So....
#244616 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
im beginning to think your definition of uncreative is anything you dont like
User avatar #244617 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
yeap
#244618 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
but you like maiden
User avatar #244619 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
I know

User avatar #244615 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
Wait, but I thought they brought on a different type of overlaying and Axl's vocals were trailblazers, though?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
www.funnyjunk.com/hating/244612#244612[/spoiler]
[spoiler] I think I made my point, time for bed.
#244609 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
gonna play devils advocate and those are fairly different and love is too broad a theme
#244588 - I know this one kid at my school who's normally pretty cool, d…  [+] (13 new replies) 04/12/2014 on Hating - file complaints,... +2
User avatar #244646 - rokkarokkaali (04/12/2014) [-]
Did he try rolling away from your attacks
User avatar #244720 - misticalz (04/12/2014) [-]
*fat roll* *fat roll* *fat roll* *fat roll*
#244626 - EdwardNigma (04/12/2014) [-]
I wish I could be a fencer.
User avatar #244606 - dumerveil (04/12/2014) [-]
Nah man, I think he would beat you. He probably had like a +15 Balder Swag Sword or something.
#244602 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
Jesus, you sound like a faggot.
#244603 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
#244605 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
You just admitted to being an elitist douche bag about swordfighting. I don't know what more evidence I need.
#244608 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
It was a joke. You're on funnyjunk. Usually when you see someone say something that implies "I think sword fighting is important in the 21st century" you can assume they're just kidding around.
User avatar #244653 - leonhardt (04/12/2014) [-]
"I could not detect the slightest bit of sarcasm in his post."
User avatar #244650 - revengeforfreeze (04/12/2014) [-]
It didn't look like you were joking at all the way you worded it tbh
User avatar #244863 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
I mostly just was eager to mention the fact that I fence, because that was why I said "I could beat you in a sword fight" in the first place, so I thought I tried to give some context, but I didn't want to just say "I fence guys!!!"
I thought I'd just try to slip it in there.
#244594 - princessren (04/12/2014) [-]
honestly
everyone uses yard sticks as swords
atleast every cool person
User avatar #244595 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
I know, I do that shit all the time, but I always rip on Bill for his obsession with Dark souls because I'm a dick, and I thought to myself before I said it "haha I bet bill will think he can swordfight because he plays darksouls" but I thought that as a joke, because usually Bill's a pretty smart dude, I didn't think he'd actually say anything like that, but he honestly thought that being good at dark souls would rub off into real life.
I'm not saying fuck guys who pretend sticks are swords, I'm just saying I thought it was pretty cliche and stupid that he was like "idk i think i could beat you in a sword fight i play a lot of dark souls lol :/".
At least when I said "well, I fence, so" he was like "oh, nevermind."
#244587 - > Implying an artist needs to have "talent" in or…  [+] (23 new replies) 04/12/2014 on Hating - file complaints,... +3
User avatar #244589 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Yes, you can make simple music that people find appealing.
But you're not touching on the true creative side of music, what makes it art.
It doesn't matter that a band doesn't have skill, as long as they're creative with what they have.
Shitty popstars are not.
User avatar #244591 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
Nah, what makes music art is the fact that people can enjoy it.
Moonlight Sonata is no more a piece of artwork than We Can't Stop is.
Music as a whole is based on creativity. If an artist makes a song about partying, that doesn't prohibit other artists from doing so, or devalue or take away from the creativity of other artists making songs about partying. The same way a visual artist who draws a sword doesn't make any other drawings of swords less creative.
It doesn't matter if music's simple or not. The main purpose music has served throughout history has always been for bringing people together. If a song can bring people together, then it's serving it's purpose; regardless of if it's some screamo song in a mosh pit, or Rihanna in some club. Who are you to get to decide for everyone whether "shitty popstars" are creative or not?
User avatar #244593 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
It's not that people can't sing about partying.
It's if they do it all the time, why should every piece of your "art" be about partying?
Also, no. Music is not about bringing people together.
It's about your emotions. Yes, what you think of music is subjective.
But skill is fact.
If a band has more skill, then they're probably going to make better music.
A typical person doesn't normally view music for how much though process went into it, they view it for what feelings it gives them.
Opinion incoming.
Which is fine, but not everyone is the same.
I personally think newer pop is shit because it is simple and has no real creative thought process to it.

#244598 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
I disagree about music not being meant to bring people together. I feel like music first started in prehistoric times when tribes would all shred their drums together to boost morale before a hunt or something. I'm too lazy to actually research it to see if it's true or not, but I think I remember reading that in some journal when I was researching for an ISU a few years ago. The thing about music also encompassing how it makes you feel would've come later.
I'm done going down the road about art and all that shit though, because people argue about every kind of craft being an art. "Culinary arts" is the act of making food and shit, and some would consider making a pot of KD to not be art, but I think if you consider making some classy ass french cuisine shit art, then boiling a brick of ramen into a soup counts are art too. You can disagree with that all you want, but you can't prove it wrong, because the definition of art is shaky at best.

The way I see it is, when it comes to being an elitist cunt about modern mainstream music, you can either

1. Bitch about the label companies for selling out artists to make money, but you end up looking like a retard because they're an industry and they're there to make money, that's what they've always done.

2. Bitch about the artists themselves, but you end up looking like a retard because people's musical tastes are subjective and art can't be defined

3. Bitch about the general populace that like the modern mainstream artists but you end up looking like a retard because "HUE YOURE LISTEING TO THE WRONG MUSIC EVERYONE SHOULD LIKE WHAT I LIKE"
#244592 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
cre·a·tive
krēˈātiv/
adjective
1.
relating to or involving the imagination or original ideas, esp. in the production of an artistic work.
User avatar #244596 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
The songs all have different lyrics, which involves imagination to write. That's why I said drawing a sword doesn't make you any less creative of an artist just because other people have drawn swords before.
#244597 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
the melodies are generic though and using clentil iches for writing like rock out or fly away is a sign of lack of originality
they dont write in a vacuum, they recycle whats been done before
User avatar #244599 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
Name one artist who hasn't been influenced in any way by another artist.
User avatar #244600 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Influenced =/= copy
User avatar #244601 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
Show me a major example of modern artists 100% copying another, that isn't a cover.
#244607 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
chord progressions common keys and tempo
i dont expect you to understand unless you know what those words mean in which case you can just hear it and understand it
User avatar #244604 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Katy Perry "Firework" Lyrics
Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
Here is one example.
Shitty girl pop artists talking about their lovers over and over.
User avatar #244610 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
KISS - Rock n Roll all night! Guns N' Roses - Paradise City > Thinking this is a new thing. If you want I could even give a close minded summary too
"Greasy rock bands singing about having a good time in a redundant way"
#244612 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
paradise city brought on a different type of overlaying and axls vocals were trailblazers, though
User avatar #244611 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
I don't find those artists to be good either.
So...
Lel
User avatar #244613 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
But I kind of like both of those songs, and I don't care for Katy Perry and I can't stand Taylor Swift. Just because you don't like kiss or guns and roses doesn't make my argument invalid.
User avatar #244614 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Yes it does. Those are the exact same as the shitty popstars I mentioned.
They make poppy rock. So....
#244616 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
im beginning to think your definition of uncreative is anything you dont like
User avatar #244617 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
yeap
#244618 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
but you like maiden
User avatar #244619 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
I know

User avatar #244615 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
Wait, but I thought they brought on a different type of overlaying and Axl's vocals were trailblazers, though?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
www.funnyjunk.com/hating/244612#244612[/spoiler]
[spoiler] I think I made my point, time for bed.
#244609 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
gonna play devils advocate and those are fairly different and love is too broad a theme
#244583 - This post is at least 47% of what I hate in the world. I …  [+] (28 new replies) 04/12/2014 on Hating - file complaints,... +2
#244651 - voltkills has deleted their comment.
User avatar #244699 - teoberry (04/12/2014) [-]
Explain
User avatar #244864 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
lol wrekt
User avatar #244585 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Musical taste =/= musical skill.
User avatar #244587 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
> Implying an artist needs to have "talent" in order to make music people find appealing.
If you honestly turn on music just to sit there like "OH. OH MY GOD. OH MY FUCKING GOD. SO TALENTED....UUUGHHHHH SOOOO MUCH TAALENTTTTT" then you're pretty much a fucking loser. If someone makes a song that I like the sound of, I'll listen to it, who the fuck cares if the artist who made it just glued a bunch of clips together in garageband?

Also I think it's a fair point to say "i enjoy this musician's music, therefore they must be a talented musician". How do you know that the artists in question have no talent? Musical elitists make it out as if every mainstream artist nowadays are all "no talent retards making music just to make money!!!"
Like do you honestly believe that record labels just hire people to walk around on the streets and find random people, like "hey, you wanna make a shitload of money as a famous musician?" "well, i can't really sing and I don't know how to play any instruments..." "that's ok, we'll touch it up in the studio."
No, obviously. Just about every popular musician nowadays got where they are because they had at least some form of talent, whether you want to admit it or not. This isn't 2007 anymore. Saying "i don't like this musician, i know for a fact that they dont have any talent or skill and dont deserve any money!!" is a fucking stupid and naive argument thing to say.
User avatar #244589 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Yes, you can make simple music that people find appealing.
But you're not touching on the true creative side of music, what makes it art.
It doesn't matter that a band doesn't have skill, as long as they're creative with what they have.
Shitty popstars are not.
User avatar #244591 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
Nah, what makes music art is the fact that people can enjoy it.
Moonlight Sonata is no more a piece of artwork than We Can't Stop is.
Music as a whole is based on creativity. If an artist makes a song about partying, that doesn't prohibit other artists from doing so, or devalue or take away from the creativity of other artists making songs about partying. The same way a visual artist who draws a sword doesn't make any other drawings of swords less creative.
It doesn't matter if music's simple or not. The main purpose music has served throughout history has always been for bringing people together. If a song can bring people together, then it's serving it's purpose; regardless of if it's some screamo song in a mosh pit, or Rihanna in some club. Who are you to get to decide for everyone whether "shitty popstars" are creative or not?
User avatar #244593 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
It's not that people can't sing about partying.
It's if they do it all the time, why should every piece of your "art" be about partying?
Also, no. Music is not about bringing people together.
It's about your emotions. Yes, what you think of music is subjective.
But skill is fact.
If a band has more skill, then they're probably going to make better music.
A typical person doesn't normally view music for how much though process went into it, they view it for what feelings it gives them.
Opinion incoming.
Which is fine, but not everyone is the same.
I personally think newer pop is shit because it is simple and has no real creative thought process to it.

#244598 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
I disagree about music not being meant to bring people together. I feel like music first started in prehistoric times when tribes would all shred their drums together to boost morale before a hunt or something. I'm too lazy to actually research it to see if it's true or not, but I think I remember reading that in some journal when I was researching for an ISU a few years ago. The thing about music also encompassing how it makes you feel would've come later.
I'm done going down the road about art and all that shit though, because people argue about every kind of craft being an art. "Culinary arts" is the act of making food and shit, and some would consider making a pot of KD to not be art, but I think if you consider making some classy ass french cuisine shit art, then boiling a brick of ramen into a soup counts are art too. You can disagree with that all you want, but you can't prove it wrong, because the definition of art is shaky at best.

The way I see it is, when it comes to being an elitist cunt about modern mainstream music, you can either

1. Bitch about the label companies for selling out artists to make money, but you end up looking like a retard because they're an industry and they're there to make money, that's what they've always done.

2. Bitch about the artists themselves, but you end up looking like a retard because people's musical tastes are subjective and art can't be defined

3. Bitch about the general populace that like the modern mainstream artists but you end up looking like a retard because "HUE YOURE LISTEING TO THE WRONG MUSIC EVERYONE SHOULD LIKE WHAT I LIKE"
#244592 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
cre·a·tive
krēˈātiv/
adjective
1.
relating to or involving the imagination or original ideas, esp. in the production of an artistic work.
User avatar #244596 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
The songs all have different lyrics, which involves imagination to write. That's why I said drawing a sword doesn't make you any less creative of an artist just because other people have drawn swords before.
#244597 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
the melodies are generic though and using clentil iches for writing like rock out or fly away is a sign of lack of originality
they dont write in a vacuum, they recycle whats been done before
User avatar #244599 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
Name one artist who hasn't been influenced in any way by another artist.
User avatar #244600 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Influenced =/= copy
User avatar #244601 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
Show me a major example of modern artists 100% copying another, that isn't a cover.
#244607 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
chord progressions common keys and tempo
i dont expect you to understand unless you know what those words mean in which case you can just hear it and understand it
User avatar #244604 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Katy Perry "Firework" Lyrics
Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
Here is one example.
Shitty girl pop artists talking about their lovers over and over.
User avatar #244610 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
KISS - Rock n Roll all night! Guns N' Roses - Paradise City > Thinking this is a new thing. If you want I could even give a close minded summary too
"Greasy rock bands singing about having a good time in a redundant way"
#244612 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
paradise city brought on a different type of overlaying and axls vocals were trailblazers, though
User avatar #244611 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
I don't find those artists to be good either.
So...
Lel
User avatar #244613 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
But I kind of like both of those songs, and I don't care for Katy Perry and I can't stand Taylor Swift. Just because you don't like kiss or guns and roses doesn't make my argument invalid.
User avatar #244614 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
Yes it does. Those are the exact same as the shitty popstars I mentioned.
They make poppy rock. So....
#244616 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
im beginning to think your definition of uncreative is anything you dont like
User avatar #244617 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
yeap
#244618 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
but you like maiden
User avatar #244619 - darksideofthebeast (04/12/2014) [-]
I know

User avatar #244615 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
Wait, but I thought they brought on a different type of overlaying and Axl's vocals were trailblazers, though?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
www.funnyjunk.com/hating/244612#244612[/spoiler]
[spoiler] I think I made my point, time for bed.
#244609 - anonymous (04/12/2014) [-]
gonna play devils advocate and those are fairly different and love is too broad a theme
Show:
Sort by:
Order:

items

Total unique items point value: 725 / Total items point value: 825

Show All Replies Show Shortcuts
Per page:
Order:
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
User avatar #115 - nightmaren (07/19/2014) [-]
rokkarokkaali thecentenniallibary.webs.com/

Updated. Added Volume II of the Varen Galus biography, and edited the first one a bit. I added a new story called "Ney's Hunting Trip", which touches on the Bommeii/Ganava relationship from the perspective of a Bommeii hunter.
The Plateus Riccaro section is still outdated, and both of the pages in his section still need to be updated.
#97 - anonymous (04/18/2014) [-]
Hello
#99 to #98 - anonymous (04/18/2014) [-]
Me? I'd never.
#102 to #100 - anonymous (04/18/2014) [-]
Do you actually have the catfish phobia? If not, then I just look silly.
User avatar #103 to #102 - nightmaren (04/18/2014) [-]
I don't know if I'd call it a full on phobia, I don't start like hyperventilating or get a ******** of anxiety when I see them, but I really, really don't like looking at them. I pulled my comment box over the pictures on comments #101 and #102 because they look absolutely terrifying. If I saw #101 coming out of a lake in real life I'd probably jump back and yell and **** , because that looks absolutely terrifying.
User avatar #105 to #103 - revengeforfreeze (04/27/2014) [-]
It's probably the tendrils that scare you. I can agree with that the tendrils do indeed look terrifying
Anyway I had a question. Do you still hate me? 'Cause I've made a conscious effort lately not to do stuff like what happened a while ago
User avatar #106 to #105 - nightmaren (04/27/2014) [-]
Nah, I don't hold grudges unless it's about something that was done to me personally
You're alright
#104 to #103 - anonymous (04/18/2014) [-]
Yeah, to be honest, the #101 scares the **** even out of me...
#101 to #100 - anonymous (04/18/2014) [-]
Yeah, we're coming for you.
User avatar #94 - revengeforfreeze (04/12/2014) [-]
avatar gif from where? maple story?
User avatar #95 to #94 - nightmaren (04/12/2014) [-]
Nah, it's supposed to be an argonian in shrouded armour, form Oblivion. It's not from any game itself, I just found it on deviantart.
User avatar #107 to #95 - rokkarokkaali (05/10/2014) [-]
Do you know where? I like pixel art stuff and i like skyrim stuff
User avatar #108 to #107 - nightmaren (05/10/2014) [-]
I can't seem to find the exact image on deviantart anymore, but on the left hand side of deviantart's main page you can narrow down your search results by category to find pixel art, by going digital art > pixel art
User avatar #109 to #108 - rokkarokkaali (05/10/2014) [-]
I found some neat looking stuff from that.
How's your story-making thing going? I forgot what the name for it was.
User avatar #110 to #109 - nightmaren (05/10/2014) [-]
Not bad. I got my tablet working on my laptop so I've been drawing **** related to it mostly. I'm working on a map for the realistic fantasy one, and wrote a small "essay" about a group of warriors for one of the races in the world. I haven't gotten around to putting any of it online yet; I might do some of that tonight.
User avatar #111 to #110 - rokkarokkaali (05/10/2014) [-]
do you have a link to that site you had your stuff on again?
User avatar #113 to #111 - nightmaren (05/11/2014) [-]
I just updated it a bit, not much. Out of the three new pages I added, only one has any content on it. The other two I have written up in word, but they're kind of outdated so I'll need to rewrite them before I post em.
User avatar #112 to #111 - nightmaren (05/11/2014) [-]
thecentenniallibary.webs.com/
This one's just for my fairly realistic fantasy universe. I have a decent amount written for that one. I'll update it soon.
User avatar #96 to #95 - revengeforfreeze (04/12/2014) [-]
Oh, okay.
User avatar #85 - dildoes (07/15/2013) [-]
ahoy
User avatar #86 to #85 - nightmaren (07/15/2013) [-]
Hello friend
User avatar #87 to #86 - dildoes (07/15/2013) [-]
so, how's it been?
User avatar #88 to #87 - nightmaren (07/15/2013) [-]
pretty mint, how about yourself
User avatar #89 to #88 - dildoes (07/15/2013) [-]
extreme.
Have you ever watched the movie snakes on a plane?
User avatar #90 to #89 - nightmaren (07/15/2013) [-]
never
User avatar #91 to #90 - dildoes (07/15/2013) [-]
Well, the main reason to watch it is just a single scene.
So, here, have this.
www.dailymotion.com/video/x8nq67_samantha-mcleod-snakes-on-a-plane-s_shortfilms#.UeQq5VH-mqU
It's **** , by the way.
User avatar #92 to #91 - nightmaren (07/15/2013) [-]
oh ok cool
User avatar #83 - rokkarokkaali (06/13/2013) [-]
>attempt to be funny on newest uploads
>that content gets front page
>your comment gets booty ravaged with green thumbs
And now you have the urge to do it to.
User avatar #84 to #83 - nightmaren (06/13/2013) [-]
Yeah, I pull that old maneuver sometimes, I don't do it enough, or consistently for it to be effective though. I'll go give it a shot tonight.
Thanks mate.
User avatar #81 - GabeAsher (05/06/2013) [-]
Thank you :D
User avatar #82 to #81 - nightmaren (05/06/2013) [-]
No problem man, take it easy
User avatar #78 - GabeAsher (05/06/2013) [-]
Hey, I was wondering if I could get one item from you? I just need it to get my unique count to a clean 888, and it would help a lot :) (if you dont still play items of course)
I understand if you say no, just figured I would ask :P
User avatar #79 to #78 - nightmaren (05/06/2013) [-]
Sure, what item?
User avatar #80 to #79 - GabeAsher (05/06/2013) [-]
Kim jong Il painting or minotaur throne, I dont have either of those :)
#71 - scramf (02/02/2013) [-]
Hey man, saw your comment you made on my comment bout HU. I can't see the rest of the comment since the content was deleted, but going by the fact you saw them live, I can only guess you are a fan. So how was it? Their live tracks are pretty terrible IMO, but it may be different in person.
Hey man, saw your comment you made on my comment bout HU. I can't see the rest of the comment since the content was deleted, but going by the fact you saw them live, I can only guess you are a fan. So how was it? Their live tracks are pretty terrible IMO, but it may be different in person.
User avatar #72 to #71 - nightmaren (02/02/2013) [-]
It's definitely better in person. That, and they've improved in actual singing talent since Swan Songs, when they were just **** live. Danny is unreal, and everyone else actually sounds comparable to how they do on their albums.
User avatar #73 to #72 - scramf (02/02/2013) [-]
Wow, that is ******* awesome. What songs did they preform?
User avatar #74 to #73 - nightmaren (02/02/2013) [-]
I can't remember all of them, but they opened with Undead like always, then I think they did Dead Bite and California, and then they took off their masks, then I think they played Sell Your Soul and City. They played Tendencies at some point, they finished with Young, and then for Encore they did Everywhere I go and We Are. There were a lot more, I can't remember what they were though.
User avatar #75 to #74 - scramf (02/02/2013) [-]
Any of their slower songs, like Coming Back Down, or The Diary?
User avatar #76 to #75 - nightmaren (02/02/2013) [-]
Nope, I don't think they even play the slow songs live. I could be wrong, though.
#67 - electricsheep **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
#42 - deathsoldier **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #43 to #43 - nightmaren (01/30/2012) [-]
Hey
#44 to #44 - deathsoldier **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #45 to #45 - nightmaren (01/30/2012) [-]
Yeah, I don't even know what he was talking about.
#46 to #46 - deathsoldier **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #47 to #47 - nightmaren (01/30/2012) [-]
He'd probably make a post about how big of a Lamar Smith you are, and since he has like infinite subscribers you'd get a ******** of flame.
#48 to #48 - deathsoldier **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #49 to #49 - nightmaren (01/30/2012) [-]
lolol, k.
#50 to #50 - deathsoldier **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #51 to #51 - nightmaren (01/30/2012) [-]
lolol.
#26 - diamondhead (01/22/2012) [-]
Because its stolen from me. Just like everything that fa­ggot posts....
youre not very smart are you? oh well....
User avatar #27 to #26 - nightmaren (01/22/2012) [-]
What?
User avatar #28 to #27 - diamondhead (01/22/2012) [-]
Your comment asking why that comic has -16....

I cant reply there because Im blocked by that fa­g
User avatar #29 to #28 - nightmaren (01/22/2012) [-]
Ah, gotcha. retoastingretoaster used to steal all my OC and then block me.

Why would you call me an idiot, how was I supposed to know that it's your OC?
User avatar #30 to #29 - diamondhead (01/22/2012) [-]
....because youre asking why it has - 16 pinkies when you have seen in on front page...
and youre warning that fa­ggot and now he will delete it.
#31 to #30 - nightmaren (01/22/2012) [-]
I asked if it was on the front page, I didn't say I saw it on the front page.
#32 to #31 - diamondhead (01/22/2012) [-]
You actually thought it was the same post???   
   
Oh lawd. what are you?  12?'   
   
........
You actually thought it was the same post???

Oh lawd. what are you? 12?'

........

#34 to #33 - diamondhead (01/22/2012) [-]
you're 12 or you have a severe lack of intelligence...

anyway its hopeless....

Lrn2internetz.
#35 to #34 - nightmaren (01/22/2012) [-]
> I see content with -14 pinkies
> I ask ifOH PEEstole it off the front page, because I don't understand why it has so many pinkies down, because it was kind of funny
> You call me an idiot because he stole it from you
> I had no way of knowing that he stole it from you
> You give me **** for asking why it has so many pinkies down if I've seen it on the front page, and then say some other **** that makes no sense to me
>I haven't seen it on the front page
> You give me **** and call me retarded for you not making any sense

<mfw
User avatar #36 to #35 - diamondhead (01/22/2012) [-]
"I haven't seen it on the front page"

comment:"Is this on the front page right now or something? I don't see why it has -14 pinkies, it was actually kind of funny IMO. "

ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME?????

Seriously, stop talking...
User avatar #70 to #36 - mapleknight (08/31/2012) [-]
>Seriously, stop talking
>on his ******* profile
what are you, 12?
User avatar #37 to #36 - nightmaren (01/22/2012) [-]
If I haven't seen it on the front page, and I ask if it's on the front page, that's not unreasonable.


If you could just chill the **** out and explain to me what the **** you're talking about, that would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
User avatar #38 to #37 - diamondhead (01/22/2012) [-]
Forget it....

I'll not even try
#41 to #38 - nightmaren (01/22/2012) [-]
I'm missing something here, I don't get what I did that was so stupid
User avatar #39 to #38 - nightmaren (01/22/2012) [-]
No, seriously, explain to me what I did wrong.
#24 - deathsoldier **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
#16 - deathsoldier **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #17 to #16 - nightmaren (12/12/2011) [-]
Hello
#18 to #17 - deathsoldier **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #19 to #18 - nightmaren (12/12/2011) [-]
Canadian
#20 to #19 - deathsoldier **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #21 to #20 - nightmaren (12/12/2011) [-]
I know, I saw you get butthurt on my friend's content about it.
#22 to #21 - deathsoldier **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #23 to #22 - nightmaren (12/16/2011) [-]
No worries
User avatar #3 - repostingreposter (06/25/2011) [-]
make as many accounts as you want
Ill keep stealing your OC
#6 to #3 - nightmaren (06/27/2011) [-]
Looks like you're sort of unliked by funnyjunk. Maybe you should make a new account, quit stealing people's **** , and stop being a douchebag?
User avatar #4 to #3 - nightmaren (06/25/2011) [-]
Lol, good idea, comment what you're doing on my page, that can't be proof for anything at all.
User avatar #5 to #4 - repostingreposter (06/25/2011) [-]
why you gonna screenshot it? like I give a ****
User avatar #2 - repostingreposter (06/25/2011) [-]
thanks for the oc faggot
#1 - saintjames **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
 Friends (0)