Click to expand
Rank #10203 on CommentsLevel 282 Comments: More Thumbs Than A Hiroshima Survivor
OfflineSend mail to nevolmon Block nevolmon Invite nevolmon to be your friend flag avatar
|Last status update:|| |
|Consoles Owned:||3ds, PC|
|Video Games Played:||dayz, rust|
|Interests:||being a failure|
|Date Signed Up:||9/18/2011|
|Funnyjunk Career Stats|
|Highest Content Rank:||#2312|
|Highest Comment Rank:||#577|
|Content Thumbs:||1811 total, 1956 , 145|
|Comment Thumbs:||10617 total, 11365 , 748|
|Content Level Progress:|| 90% (90/100) |
Level 117 Content: Funny Junkie → Level 118 Content: Funny Junkie
|Comment Level Progress:|| 67% (67/100) |
Level 282 Comments: More Thumbs Than A Hiroshima Survivor → Level 283 Comments: More Thumbs Than A Hiroshima Survivor
|Times Content Favorited:||145 times|
|Total Comments Made:||1499|
latest user's comments
|#10 - why would people want to be something other than human? humans… [+] (1 new reply)||03/11/2015 on Cringe ride down otherkin ave||+1|
|#13 - if we destroy whole foods will all the hipsters starve to death? [+] (1 new reply)||03/11/2015 on I'll see your Walmart and...||+1|
|#13 - yeah it baffles me that communists can't into agriculture.||03/11/2015 on Starter Pack||+1|
|#8 - I think the one about food is questionable. I was under the im… [+] (16 new replies)||03/11/2015 on Starter Pack||+3|
#34 - xxxos (03/11/2015) [-]
Not true, when everything is owned by one entity, economy of scale kicks in and you can run big machines over thousands of miles of fields. Not small/medium type like now. The individual cost gets smaller and smaller. Plus price includes only the costs (when owned by gov), not costs+maximizing profit (when owned by private business).
#75 - mattymc (03/11/2015) [-]
Then why hasnt that happened? Why did both China, Russia, and North Korea (all espousing communism ad nauseum) suffer horrific famines that left TENS OF MILLIONS DEAD? Where were the thousand mile long fields? where were those economies of scale?
Oh i know because Marx and Engels theory was just that, a theory, one that has proven time and again to fail miserably, usually leading to the rise of a Dictator. The USSR collapsed on itself and never overcame its shortages, China didnt get its shit together until it embraced capitalism in its economy and are you really going to aregue the DPRK is some kind of paradise? Face it, communism only works in small countries because resources are finite and the definition of communism is everyone gets the same as their neighbor
#89 - xxxos (03/11/2015) [-]
Military competition with the west killed Russia, not communism per se. Famine in China happened in the fifties and it was a result of a bad weather. Plus all they were good enough to compete with US economy, and even now they borrow money to US, aren't they?. And now have capitalism where everything is owned by a state?. When you can use slave force, don't care about enviroment then sure, go push for that everywhere, i just hope you are rich, not regular person, you wouldn't bring it on yourself?. How exactly in capitalism resources are infinite?. Because banks can create money out of nowhere?. Everyone can pretend they are rich when they use credit card, even on national level. When you will pay debts back?. How is oligarchy in power different than democratically elected officials?.
#95 - mattymc (03/11/2015) [-]
My point is, economic equality cannot be artificially created. The best that can be achieved is equality under the law. Every single attempt at redistributing the wealth of a society has led to a bloodbath followed by an oppressive government (who just so happens to receive all the luxuries that the proles can't even dream of)
To address each of your points
1) Yes Reagan's gambit bankrupted the USSR and eventually dissolved it
2) That didn't occur until the government took the reigns off of businesses
3-5) I couldn't really understand what you were saying but yeah there are some people who are better off, thats the way it has been ever since civilization began
6) I never said capitalism = infinite resources i merely meant that if all resources were distributed evenly across a country the size of say the US, then exactly what schnizel said would happen (it kills me to say that)
7) The payment of debt is the responsibility of the individual, I pay mine
8) Most "communist" countries are de-facto oligarchies, at least in a democracy, other viewpoints can be espoused and the people have the ability to affect change
#107 - xxxos (03/11/2015) [-]
But at least you try, and you get to the best equality possibe, not like now we have strengthening capitalistic feudal oligarchy.
6) Everyone live somewhere now, so no, it won't. You heard that there are more empty houses than homeless people?. That might happen, into empty houses, that are wasted right now, that's a plus and problem fixed.
7) i'm talking more of national debt, it's your part too.
8) In democracy private mass media produce viewpoints. This what we talk about here means nothing. Not mass enough.
#129 - mattymc (03/11/2015) [-]
6) If they do, who pays for the utilities? There is no free lunch and hypothetically if my formely homeless neighbor wasnt paying rent to live in the same unit i was and received the same benefits of habitation i was, i wouldnt feel much like paying either, mutliply that by millions and you see why such an idea, though noble is a logistical impossibility with the current socioeconomic climate, tax-payers and voters simply wont support it when they havet to spend their money. Sad but true
7) the national debt, while a scary big number is actually more of nebulous unbalanced equation than an actual amount owed to an entity, I can't just go to China with 50k (approx the average debt per capita) and throw it on Xi Jinping's desk and absolve myself.
8) Thats why the voters have to exercise their right to vote and do the research on the candidates, again the responsibility of an individual
P.s. I dont thumb you down, you don't thumb me down, this is political discourse, not a flame war
#138 - xxxos (03/11/2015) [-]
6) work is also shared. Every socialistic country has 100% employment. You might call it hidden unemployment, but it's still for example 6 hours of work from 8 total for everyone, including you.
7) you still pay for it personally even now, your taxes go to pay the debt and usury, instead of being lower or provide services to you.
8) Your research doesn't matter, or mine. Democracy if a volume business and mass media only have enough power to swing voters here or there. Even internet discussions are manipulated now, with all the xIDF.
PS. i didn't(?). Maybe before we started talking.
#155 - xxxos (03/11/2015) [-]
In socialism, means of production are all gov owned, so it sends every available person to factories etc,. no matter whether they need people or not. And they share all work that is done there.
Internet defence forces, hired people that join internet discussions to swing them in favor of their agenda. Like JIDF (jewish), RIDF (russian), UK's Brigade 77, basically every special services countries have do that.
#157 - mattymc (03/11/2015) [-]
Ok well the problem with the first is that we live in a post-industrial world where manufacturing is becoming more and more automated, i dont think marx and engels accounted for robots lol. Essentially with more and more jobs in the service sector, having specialized skills and knowledge is more important than just being a cog in the system, this goes for pretty much any career one can expect to go into if one receives a college education (excluding useless majors). Therefore in order for what you're saying to happen, the entire population of a country needs to be dumbed down to the point where they are only useful as factory workers and farmers. Otherwise you'd see the exact same brain drain that occured in east germnay during the cold war. Where is the appeal in that?
The second thing is definitely a concern, but again you have to be able to think for yourself
#103 - anon (03/11/2015) [-]
Every successful country redistributes wealth. Ever-increasing capture of productivity gains by the wealthy inevitably leads to revolution. There's not a successful country in the world that doesn't use tax and transfer programs to fund public goods like retirement insurance, public education, and universal healthcare.
|#15 - I would argue that shutting down something because of mexican …||03/11/2015 on Political Correctness Comp||+6|
|#13 - when your alarm goes off but you actually feel pretty good [+] (3 new replies)||03/11/2015 on Daylight Savings||+5|
|#13 - it makes me chuckle because all it took me was some youtube tu…||03/09/2015 on So true it hurts||0|
|#59 - apparently women can't handle it when gay men don't want to be…||03/09/2015 on Lesbian||+7|
|#8 - so wait was the ponyfag actually pepsi? he looks a little youn… [+] (1 new reply)||03/06/2015 on Οffensive compilation part 2||0|
|#6 - if olive garden isn't real italian food then i don't want real… [+] (2 new replies)||03/06/2015 on Dumbledore Comp||0|
#10 - anon (03/06/2015) [-]
Or, you know, you could still enjoy olive garden while enjoying real italian food.
|#23 - well that's fine, because straight people shouldn't do that in… [+] (1 new reply)||03/06/2015 on sexuality||+35|
|#34 - there is a lot of stuff you can order that is actually really … [+] (2 new replies)||03/06/2015 on Female Logic||0|
#36 - anon (03/06/2015) [-]
|#5 - brodyquest||03/04/2015 on Video Games||+1|
|#61 - he is right, texas needs less ar 15s and more AKMs.||03/04/2015 on Texas...||+2|
|#17 - that seed of curiosity thing implies that all children start s…||02/28/2015 on How to raise a homophobe||+2|
|#20 - the male characters in anime are always super feminine-looking… [+] (2 new replies)||02/28/2015 on Geez, thanks Obama||+3|
#99 - anon (02/28/2015) [-]
|#50 - what about django though?||02/28/2015 on FRREZE MOFO LAPD||+2|
|#46 - someone please fix the awful texture on his wife beater.||02/27/2015 on HD CJ For GTA V||0|
|#75 - this reminds me of the hovercraft made of AK-47s||02/27/2015 on /k/ fights a tornado||0|
|#36 - do SFOD-D.||02/26/2015 on U.S Army Ranger Fact...||+1|
|#20 - Rommel opposed the nazi regime to the end of his days. he was a hero. [+] (4 new replies)||02/26/2015 on Good Guy Rommel||+7|
|#79 - you are also just a brain, not the body it inhabits. [+] (1 new reply)||02/24/2015 on Be proud of who you are||-3|
|#20 - Picture||02/24/2015 on Tinder Compilation||+1|
|#133 - it sucks being gay when your dating pool consists of nothing b… [+] (1 new reply)||02/23/2015 on Hot as the Devil!||+1|
|#22 - the first time it happened to me I thought that I was dead or …||02/19/2015 on Sleep tight FJ||0|