Login or register
Login or register
Stay logged in
Log in/Sign up using Facebook.
Log in/Sign up using Gmail/Google+.
CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT
Email is optional and is used for password recovery purposes.
Have the FunnyJunk newsletter e-mailed to you
Rank #1464 on Comments
Level 231 Comments: Ambassador Of Lulz
Send mail to mistermorbid
Invite mistermorbid to be your friend
Last status update:
Date Signed Up:
Highest Comment Rank:
Content Level Progress:
Level 0 Content: Untouched account → Level 1 Content: New Here
Comment Level Progress:
Level 231 Comments: Ambassador Of Lulz → Level 232 Comments: Ambassador Of Lulz
Total Comments Made:
What people say about mistermorbid
latest user's comments
- Enjoy some music.
relaxing Pixel art part 11
- Monster upsets my stomach.
Thats the best part, a stomach ache so painful you can't fall asleep no matter what.
- YOU DARE INSULT THE DRINK OF A NEW GENERATION!!!?? …
LMFAO Why is this a fucking metion list??
- I prefer digital out of convenience and for the fact you can't…
Summary in description.
The big mistake was CD ripping, the second was making the technologies that should've superseded and replaced the CD backward compatible with the CD players. Dvd-audio, hdcd, sacd, blu ray are all the same bloody shape.
The driving factor in the past has always been convenience with an added psychological element of the associative mediums changing in physical shape, i.e. LP>cassette>CD - and not merely bits re-arranged and presented differently on the same sized disc. The ipod was innovative here but the underlying tech is tricky to quantify into laymans terms enough to make people care enough to spend more... but that reflects quality of recording practices,
The only feasible solution is to start with concise clear informal marketing.
If people knew all the best recordings today are classical and jazz recorded live, pressed on SACD, by small time labels who are aware of the disadvantage of digital decimation filters, then most would follow suit.
Problem with sacd, the container of DSD is that DSD doesnt work with DAW effects in its natural form. So that excludes PC editing entirely.
I think it will take a combination of the following strategies to get things steady again;
- Manufacturers and labels design New Concept (like how sony+phillips collaborated in 1980 for the CD)
- Releases destined for streaming via existing services are deliberately mp3-compressed lowest setting something like 96kbps and or watermarked profusely
- Releases destined for New Concept are produced well, labels sign a pact which requires certain procedures to be followed. Question lies here if material should comprise of 'vintage releases' re-digitized. (I hate this shit personally, the dilemma is today, the best sonic-ally, is behind us, and the popular shit re released god knows how many times).
- Make New Concept available via a secure double ended path, ( i.e. CD before CDRom drives fked that up, or vinyl)
- The New Concept of deliverance does not involve a disc
- Can be implemented by any and or licensed to other device manufacturers. (The Dolby model).
- Ultimately the main goal of New Concept is to get consumers to associate it something never done before or seen. Not a disc fuck off. Genius plan is either FIBRE OPTIC BROADBAND otherwise the only medium capable of transmitting the necessary density of data from A to B. I seriously think Sony and Microsoft are in a good position here because games consoles are that popular and with the network installed, a black box into the back, pay per song and voilla and theyre off.
No console? your problem.
In the car? its up to you how you copy it to play it in the car but it wont better the fibre-link.
The converters in this black box are equally as important as that in the studio.
It depends how the music is recorded, if mixed down live and recorded in one pass then SACD format is fine, otherwise New Concept, which is nothing short of what HDCD was but without the pricetag of 15k USD.
The technology is just the old filterless approach from 80s but run higher rate than was the norm then (speeds which computers can handle today- the filter is best seen as a temporary thing, introduced due to the fact CD had limited bandwidth (unlike fibre optic).
While SACD and HDCD are both high resolution compared to the CD, the HDCD has more amplitude resolution captured at slower speed, compared with that of SACD which has limited input resolution, but is run at high rates. When implemented correctly, both are equally good, SACD is cheaper but cant be manipulated until it comes out the 'black box'.
- Just because you're doing a home invasion doesn't mean you sho…
Anon hears someone knocking...
- Subtle. I like it.
Carl ep. 4. Rebellion and...
- I prefer Pepsi. The drink of a new generation.
It's not vodka but it will do
- And a REEEeeeEeeeeEEee to you too.
He never gives up
- "Thanks mom."
Zolilyedif Geat Noonacti
- If you could only follow one person on Facebook, this should b…
He never gives up
And a REEEeeeEeeeeEEee to you too.
Show Comments (0)