Home Original Content Funny Pictures Funny GIFs YouTube Funny Text Funny Movies Channels Search
Buy your amazon goods through FJ's link.
Just click this link and search for any product you want. FJ gets a commission on everything you buy.

hide menu

hellwain    

Rank #2750 on Content
hellwain Avatar Level 136 Comments: Respected Member Of Famiry
Offline
Send mail to hellwain Block hellwain Invite hellwain to be your friend flag avatar
Last status update:
-
Personal Info
Age: 21
Date Signed Up:8/24/2011
Last Login:8/22/2014
Location:Norway
Funnyjunk Career Stats
Content Ranking:#2750
Comment Ranking:#37398
Highest Content Rank:#2733
Highest Comment Rank:#13571
Content Thumbs: 3765 total,  4033 ,  268
Comment Thumbs: 342 total,  669 ,  327
Content Level Progress: 63% (63/100)
Level 135 Content: Respected Member Of Famiry → Level 136 Content: Respected Member Of Famiry
Comment Level Progress: 30% (3/10)
Level 136 Comments: Respected Member Of Famiry → Level 137 Comments: Respected Member Of Famiry
Subscribers:5
Content Views:148470
Times Content Favorited:53 times
Total Comments Made:291
FJ Points:4006

Show:
Sort by:
Order:

funny text/links

Show:
Sort by:
Order:

funny pictures

1 2 > [ 8 Funny Pictures Total ]
Show:
Sort by:
Order:

funny gifs

Show:
Sort by:
Order:

user favorites

latest user's comments

#255 - You should read up on dominant genes then.. Its not accounted …  [+] (2 new replies) 08/12/2014 on how to tell if your adopted -2
#258 - anonymous (08/12/2014) [-]
He is right you know.
Mother is bB and father is bB
results:
BB = brown
bB = brown
Bb = brown
bb = blue
so around 25% chance of blue eyes.

However if parents were: BB and bB. then it would almost always be brown unless BB had a distinct relative with a hidden b gene.
#257 - anonymous (08/12/2014) [-]
That IS accounting for dominant genes. Let's say both parents have Bb (B is brown gene, b is blue). They, for our simplified statement, would both have brown eyes, yet they both carry genes for blue. If they mated, their offspring would have one of the four following outcomes
BB|Bb
Bb|bb - Ergo, 75% of this would have Brown eyes (though 50% would carry a recessive blue), and 25% (bb) would have blue. Now, let's go with the other scenario. Brown eyed blue-gene carrier (Bb) and blue-eyed (bb) parents. The outcomes are:
Bb|Bb
bb|bb - In this scenario, it's a 50/50 split. If the brown-eyed parent didn't have a recessive blue (BB), however, it would turn out like this:
Bb|Bb
Bb|Bb - approximately 100% chance of brown eyes, unless there was a fluke mutation. Again, this is very simplified, not counting for other genes involved in the colors in the eye-color spectrum, but fairly dead-on nonetheless. You need to relearn your biology, SON.
#866 - That summer when we couldn't go on our cross Atlantic boat tri… 08/12/2014 on what memory from your... -2
#258 - This is why i like men..  [+] (1 new reply) 08/12/2014 on You Rage, You Lose 0
#261 - anonymous (08/12/2014) [-]
Good thing you won't have to worry about genetics, then.
#99 - Still wouldn't make upp for the lack of muscle tissue. 08/12/2014 on SKELETONS 0
#249 - Sorry to break it to you but this is wrong. Brown is the domin…  [+] (4 new replies) 08/12/2014 on how to tell if your adopted -4
#253 - anonymous (08/12/2014) [-]
I'm going to put this in layman's terms. If you have two parents with brown eyes, they might both have one brown gene and one blue gene, meaning that it's a roughly 75% chance of brown, and 25% cumulative between the other options. If one parent carries 2 brown genes, then you would be correct with that >99% scenario, but the way you stated it is wholly incorrect. And if you had brown and blue, together, it would either be a 50% or >99% chance of brown eyes, depending on whether or not the brown-eyed parent had 2 brown genes, or only one. Learn2Science.

Source: Student in the medical field, used to be a bio major, genetics was my bitch.
User avatar #255 - hellwain (08/12/2014) [-]
You should read up on dominant genes then.. Its not accounted for here.
#258 - anonymous (08/12/2014) [-]
He is right you know.
Mother is bB and father is bB
results:
BB = brown
bB = brown
Bb = brown
bb = blue
so around 25% chance of blue eyes.

However if parents were: BB and bB. then it would almost always be brown unless BB had a distinct relative with a hidden b gene.
#257 - anonymous (08/12/2014) [-]
That IS accounting for dominant genes. Let's say both parents have Bb (B is brown gene, b is blue). They, for our simplified statement, would both have brown eyes, yet they both carry genes for blue. If they mated, their offspring would have one of the four following outcomes
BB|Bb
Bb|bb - Ergo, 75% of this would have Brown eyes (though 50% would carry a recessive blue), and 25% (bb) would have blue. Now, let's go with the other scenario. Brown eyed blue-gene carrier (Bb) and blue-eyed (bb) parents. The outcomes are:
Bb|Bb
bb|bb - In this scenario, it's a 50/50 split. If the brown-eyed parent didn't have a recessive blue (BB), however, it would turn out like this:
Bb|Bb
Bb|Bb - approximately 100% chance of brown eyes, unless there was a fluke mutation. Again, this is very simplified, not counting for other genes involved in the colors in the eye-color spectrum, but fairly dead-on nonetheless. You need to relearn your biology, SON.
#68 - I love you 08/11/2014 on Favorite scene from Toy Story 0
#9 - Did someone died. I hope someone died.  [+] (1 new reply) 08/10/2014 on It ain't easy being cheesy 0
#19 - baitdoesnttalkback (08/10/2014) [-]
everyone dies eventually
#27 - And cocaine is awesome  [+] (1 new reply) 08/10/2014 on The greatest actor of all... +17
#30 - immatakeaduty (08/10/2014) [-]
can confirm.
#57 - Zaheer is the badest ************ ever. I want hi… 08/09/2014 on AIR IS PEACEFUL MY ASS! +5
#311 - It could, but shouldn't. Gays cant reproduce however if siblin… 08/09/2014 on I'm ready for your rage 0
[ 289 Total ]

user's channels

Join Subscribe naruto-time

Show All Replies Show Shortcuts
Per page:
Order:
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
User avatar #1 - imakejewburgers (07/24/2012) [-]
What is your favorite fight in Naruto. (If it is one that happens after the 57th manga please don't say it as I don't want any spoilers.)
User avatar #2 to #1 - hellwain (08/09/2012) [-]
sasuke vs danzo
 Friends (0)