Login or register
Login or register
Stay logged in
Log in/Sign up using Facebook.
Log in/Sign up using Gmail/Google+.
CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT
Email is optional and is used for password recovery purposes.
Have the FunnyJunk newsletter e-mailed to you
Rank #48204 on Subscribers
Level 216 Comments: Comedic Genius
Send mail to hakuoftehdance
Invite hakuoftehdance to be your friend
Last status update:
Date Signed Up:
Content Level Progress:
Level 36 Content: Peasant → Level 37 Content: Peasant
Comment Level Progress:
Level 216 Comments: Comedic Genius → Level 217 Comments: Comedic Genius
Times Content Favorited:
Total Comments Made:
My sense of humor is a bit... off. Deal with it :)
What people say about hakuoftehdance
Best tags ever
Best Duckface when I was a Kid...
I think every...
She never saw it...
Ninjas still alive
Henshin Ganbo -...
latest user's comments
- Well it didn't stop Steamy Ray Vaughn...
Where will you be when...
- Umm, I'm a kidney failure patient who is currently on the list…
- I understand that something else has caught her attention. But…
giant hairless babies
- Oh, don't mind me. Just subtly making the same joke as e…
- Nisekoi.. Onodera is #1 Waifu -No Con…
FJ's fav games results
ur waifu is shit
- >Teacher sees me rollin >She Hatin >Chaperoni…
- Thank you Admin!
Let's Take a Moment
- So I do Peritoneal Dialysis, and my biggest fear is that I'll …
Spoopy fears comp part 4
- Comment deleted
Vin Diesel is XXX
- I am a musician who both studies music theory, and has been pl…
4. Don't have much to say except "Then yes, he sells himself to the media, just like every other musician who has made it big.", this isn't always true, debating against it would, thogh be stupid cause that's not exactly what weäre talking about. So, sure, you've got me.
5. It shouldn't get slightly angrier cause either I wrote like shit and you didn't understand or you missed some words, doesn't matter. Foo fighters' videos are really good I'd say. Better than the music and a lot more fun than most other's but I'm talking about the entire fucking documentary or whatever it is they're making around this new albums. He can't go saying it's all about music and suddenly he's making fucking a fucking documentary to promote his albums. Man, it's almost as much cancer as U2s latest nonselfadmitted fuck up. "He's already big enough, I don't think he really cares about building his image. " He's already big enough and seeing his constant thoughts on life everywhere is enough to realize there's a new album coming but NOOO, Dave's a director now as well and expect more, there's a fucking series of documentaries coming our way.
After further investigations I realized; "Sonic Highways is not only about the making of Foo Fighters' most ambitious album to date, it is also a musical map of America". It's still an obvious promotion to place "Foo Fighters" on as many places as possible, all for fame and spreading their music, in claim it's in favour for rock.
My main argument is still, why the fuck can't he just play his music and stop all of the other shit. I don't even listen to the band and I know more about it than my favorite bands
but I don't even know if I want to know about them either...
I've played guitar for 3 years and Dave would totally crush me in a "guitar battle" but what's catchy is nearly always simple and what's complicated nearly almost sounds like he's just trying to do something complicated, not for the purpose of making it sound good.
YOu amde many points and I agree with a lot of it.
1. First of all, most of history's rock personalities don't fit into anyone of today's "rockers" and I'm not going to say there aren't any good rock front men so I suppose it's an unfair way of judging him and once it gets down to the music his personlity shouldn't matter, sure, you're right. I would even give creds to Dave for using a lot of his interviews on promoting young people to play music and follow their dreams/have fun.
2. Well, it doesn't matter if it's what rock is. It still supports my claim in saying his music is simple and his lyrics USUALLY aren't thought out but rahter just picked of what sounds the most cheesy. Sure, there's nothing wrong with it but no other revolutionary rock band has ever made a name from their simple song arrangements and constant cliché vocals. Like honeslty, it took Dave fucking 7 albums to realize the majority of his verses are palm muted power chords (way to show your talents and variety). Why does Foo Fighters deserve to be acclaimed as legendary when they haven't done anything new or very special. yhey're big and I don't think you disagree with their fame at least slightly rooting from Nirvana.
3. Of course, I consider myself a legend for brushing my teeth this morning, dispite planning to sta in bed all day; it's how you define it. Dave is as seen often in media and as I've come to interpret it said to be a "rock legend". Now, usually this phrase is used with other artists who actually changed history and in case I should see Dave as a legend according to your definiton then I'll have to say they need to emphazise for example Kurt Cobain's title to Super rock legend, since I see the two as people on entirely differnt levels of legend, inb4 Kurt played like shit, yes but he was perhaps one of the most interesting frontmans on stage and created a style to change history.
Remaining character count: 103
I'm working my fingers..
Show Comments (0)