x
Click to expand

darthtomale

Last status update:
-
Personal Info
Date Signed Up:3/21/2012
Last Login:7/02/2015
Funnyjunk Career Stats
Comment Ranking:#13062
Highest Content Rank:#28748
Highest Comment Rank:#1164
Comment Thumbs: 6480 total,  8229 ,  1749
Content Level Progress: 6.77% (4/59)
Level 0 Content: Untouched account → Level 1 Content: New Here
Comment Level Progress: 60% (60/100)
Level 264 Comments: Pure Win → Level 265 Comments: Pure Win
Subscribers:0
Content Views:24
Total Comments Made:2302
FJ Points:7599

latest user's comments

#73 - thats ******* terrifying 06/27/2015 on best anti-smoking commercial +18
#149 - instantly have new background. party on wayne 06/27/2015 on 9'11 +1
#99 - i dont know why youre getting red thumbs youre right 06/27/2015 on Well? +2
#96 - exactly. and that situation was created back in the day when b… 06/24/2015 on Good Cop Good Cop Routine +1
#86 - thats also not entirely true. the homicide rate is going down …  [+] (2 new replies) 06/24/2015 on Good Cop Good Cop Routine 0
User avatar #90 - dammriver (06/24/2015) [-]
No, there definitely need to be changes, but I just don't think that anyone knows where. It's not just in the policing side, and drugs aren't all to do with race. Crime has to do a hell of a lot more with poverty level, which is where a lot of people see race. When you look at LA, the first few places people think are Hollywood/downtown (expensive/predominantly white), and Compton (predominantly Latino). You'll find a lot more drug trafficking and illegal firearms trafficking in Compton than you will in downtown LA, which is mainly caused by gangs, which are usually formed due to either a dislike for a group of people, or economic conditions forcing people to form their own "government".
User avatar #96 - darthtomale (06/24/2015) [-]
exactly. and that situation was created back in the day when blacks and hispanics werent given mortgages or subsidies for houses if you were a gi. which caused them to go and make completely separate ghettos to live in and is also a link to explain why the schools were so fucking piss poor. less people in less expensive housing means less property tax which means poorer schools. its all a giant circle that leads back to the fact that old white men screwing over blacks didnt stop after slavery or even jim crow it continues in part today. but its so mild that people often think its not a factor but i can gurantee you it is.
#77 - nice citations. but i do have to wonder about your math. 34k w…  [+] (4 new replies) 06/24/2015 on Good Cop Good Cop Routine 0
User avatar #83 - dammriver (06/24/2015) [-]
Oh shit, sorry, I was basing it on the percentage population wise..
.15% of the black population committed robberies while .02% of the white population did.. My bad.

And I do agree that over-aggressive policing may seem wrong to some, but if you look at what's happening in the US right now, it doesn't seem as bad as everyone thought.. After Baltimore PD was ordered to stand down (they were even told that if they were fired upon, they needed to find cover rather than return fire), the morale of police across the U.S. dropped grossly. Police in a lot of areas stopped the aggressive policing, and stopped with the proactive traffic stops (stopped stopping the 92 civic), and Baltimore has had its bloodiest month in decades (soon to have its second). Don't get me wrong, correlation =/= causation, but there has to be a link.. In every area where police started retroactive policing (responding only when called), crime rates rose in a lot of categories.
User avatar #86 - darthtomale (06/24/2015) [-]
thats also not entirely true. the homicide rate is going down everywhere and particularly just after two officers were killed in new york they declared themselves 'wartime police' or something like that. and in the time they werent policing crime dropped

www.nytimes.com/2015/01/01/nyregion/new-york-city-murders-fall-but-the-police-arent-celebrating.html?_r=0

i can never condone profiling. especially because for the things that whites would get away with black will not. it has actually happened to me where i was caught with weed and my black friend was caught seperately and i was let go and he wasnt. there are certain things that are crimes for that reason. to actually keep the black man down. the new jim crow
User avatar #90 - dammriver (06/24/2015) [-]
No, there definitely need to be changes, but I just don't think that anyone knows where. It's not just in the policing side, and drugs aren't all to do with race. Crime has to do a hell of a lot more with poverty level, which is where a lot of people see race. When you look at LA, the first few places people think are Hollywood/downtown (expensive/predominantly white), and Compton (predominantly Latino). You'll find a lot more drug trafficking and illegal firearms trafficking in Compton than you will in downtown LA, which is mainly caused by gangs, which are usually formed due to either a dislike for a group of people, or economic conditions forcing people to form their own "government".
User avatar #96 - darthtomale (06/24/2015) [-]
exactly. and that situation was created back in the day when blacks and hispanics werent given mortgages or subsidies for houses if you were a gi. which caused them to go and make completely separate ghettos to live in and is also a link to explain why the schools were so fucking piss poor. less people in less expensive housing means less property tax which means poorer schools. its all a giant circle that leads back to the fact that old white men screwing over blacks didnt stop after slavery or even jim crow it continues in part today. but its so mild that people often think its not a factor but i can gurantee you it is.
#52 - except you dont have your facts in together you only have ster…  [+] (6 new replies) 06/24/2015 on Good Cop Good Cop Routine +1
User avatar #71 - dammriver (06/24/2015) [-]
Black prison sentences go more into the judicial branch than localized police forces. That is up to judge and jury. If you say that the judicial branch needs a complete overhaul, I'd be right with you. They do a lot of fucked up sentencing, but the police rarely have a say in their sentencing process.

Now take those same stats, and put them into their respective scenarios. Maybe a police officer responds to a robbery in progress, finds a suspect, and after placing them in cuffs, discovers drugs in their possession. Now, in 2010, blacks over the age of 16 equaled 30,201,000 and whites over the age of 16 equaled 196,026,000 ( http://www . census . gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0012 . pdf ) (Delete spaces). With that, 34,761 whites were arrested for robberies (or .02% of whites), while 44,002 blacks were arrested for robberies (or .15% of blacks).
( https://www . fbi . gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/43tabl edatadecoverviewpdf ) (Delete Spaces).
This means that a LEO responding to a robbery would have had roughly an 88% chance of finding a black suspect, and an 12% chance of finding a white one. You're a lot more likely to find drugs in that 88% rather than the 12%.

Those wrongfully convicted were mainly convicted before we made these major advances in both racism and testing. Newly-accessible DNA testing is helping to free a lot of people, and now-a-days, people are a lot more likely to pounce on an officer of the law before seeing any evidence than they are a black man. Back when the majority of these people were convicted, DNA testing wasn't the most mainstream or cost-effective method of identifying someone. All that they needed to do was testify against you, and if they were more credible than you, they usually won. Put you in the shoes of a black man (at the time), and your credibility went out the window.

A cool website dedicated to freeing the wrongfully convicted is here: www.innocenceproject.org/

Sorry it took so long, I just wanted to check over my facts and stats.
User avatar #77 - darthtomale (06/24/2015) [-]
nice citations. but i do have to wonder about your math. 34k white vs 44k blacks is not a 12:88 ratio. thats closer to 45:55

but thats also what im saying. the over aggressive policing is the same issue as the extreme sentencing. systemic racism. it is a part of every facet of the minorities life. so to tell people that race plays no part or to "shut up already" is just not looking at the facts of life
User avatar #83 - dammriver (06/24/2015) [-]
Oh shit, sorry, I was basing it on the percentage population wise..
.15% of the black population committed robberies while .02% of the white population did.. My bad.

And I do agree that over-aggressive policing may seem wrong to some, but if you look at what's happening in the US right now, it doesn't seem as bad as everyone thought.. After Baltimore PD was ordered to stand down (they were even told that if they were fired upon, they needed to find cover rather than return fire), the morale of police across the U.S. dropped grossly. Police in a lot of areas stopped the aggressive policing, and stopped with the proactive traffic stops (stopped stopping the 92 civic), and Baltimore has had its bloodiest month in decades (soon to have its second). Don't get me wrong, correlation =/= causation, but there has to be a link.. In every area where police started retroactive policing (responding only when called), crime rates rose in a lot of categories.
User avatar #86 - darthtomale (06/24/2015) [-]
thats also not entirely true. the homicide rate is going down everywhere and particularly just after two officers were killed in new york they declared themselves 'wartime police' or something like that. and in the time they werent policing crime dropped

www.nytimes.com/2015/01/01/nyregion/new-york-city-murders-fall-but-the-police-arent-celebrating.html?_r=0

i can never condone profiling. especially because for the things that whites would get away with black will not. it has actually happened to me where i was caught with weed and my black friend was caught seperately and i was let go and he wasnt. there are certain things that are crimes for that reason. to actually keep the black man down. the new jim crow
User avatar #90 - dammriver (06/24/2015) [-]
No, there definitely need to be changes, but I just don't think that anyone knows where. It's not just in the policing side, and drugs aren't all to do with race. Crime has to do a hell of a lot more with poverty level, which is where a lot of people see race. When you look at LA, the first few places people think are Hollywood/downtown (expensive/predominantly white), and Compton (predominantly Latino). You'll find a lot more drug trafficking and illegal firearms trafficking in Compton than you will in downtown LA, which is mainly caused by gangs, which are usually formed due to either a dislike for a group of people, or economic conditions forcing people to form their own "government".
User avatar #96 - darthtomale (06/24/2015) [-]
exactly. and that situation was created back in the day when blacks and hispanics werent given mortgages or subsidies for houses if you were a gi. which caused them to go and make completely separate ghettos to live in and is also a link to explain why the schools were so fucking piss poor. less people in less expensive housing means less property tax which means poorer schools. its all a giant circle that leads back to the fact that old white men screwing over blacks didnt stop after slavery or even jim crow it continues in part today. but its so mild that people often think its not a factor but i can gurantee you it is.
#11 - aa  [+] (1 new reply) 06/24/2015 on Only One Way Left to Try +2
User avatar #15 - hkd (06/24/2015) [-]
a what's happening
#33 - yeah most of the time. but there are cases where an officer as… 06/24/2015 on Good Cop Good Cop Routine -1
#28 - it gets me that its part of the larger narrative that fox is t…  [+] (2 new replies) 06/24/2015 on Good Cop Good Cop Routine -1
#30 - Omegaeghas (06/24/2015) [-]
I'm not going to defend Fox News. there are times where the police are wrong and everybody knows that. However i feel like officers b.s. their way into situations, because thats their job. If shits not going according to the law, its their business to make sure that it goes the way it should. If they tell you you're arrested, then you need to listen to them, it doesnt matter whos wrong or right, just do what they say and you'll come out alright ./
User avatar #33 - darthtomale (06/24/2015) [-]
yeah most of the time. but there are cases where an officer asked for an id unlawfully or searches unlawfully assuming that they can. this is the sort of behavior thats unacceptable. my dad was sheriffs deputy for 20 years and he told me straight up "dont let those fuckers get over on you" because he knew a lot of shitty cops would do shitty things and get away with it. and for sure cops are legally allowed to lie to you but it ruins communtiy trust when you see this sort of behavior from the good guys. racial profiling, illegal searches, aggression, unnecessary use of force, it wears at a community long enough that we all want to say fuck the police .

user's channels

Join Subscribe gentlemen-time
Join Subscribe stoner-humor
Join Subscribe zoidbergtime

items

Total unique items point value: 2050 / Total items point value: 2350

Comments(90):

[ 90 comments ]
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
#118 - twentyseconds (04/20/2015) [-]
>your face in this thread   
funnyjunk.com/Space/funny-pictures/5520483/   
   
Read a lot of your comments, you sure make some great points in this thread.
>your face in this thread
funnyjunk.com/Space/funny-pictures/5520483/

Read a lot of your comments, you sure make some great points in this thread.
#120 to #118 - darthtomale ONLINE (04/21/2015) [-]
and use it in your honor
and use it in your honor
User avatar #119 to #118 - darthtomale ONLINE (04/21/2015) [-]
wwhy thanks and ill save that gif
User avatar #114 - darktoucan ONLINE (04/08/2015) [-]
why are you ranked in the 36 thousands for comments when you only have 20 lvls below me? im ranked in the eight hundreds. im so confused
User avatar #115 to #114 - darthtomale ONLINE (04/08/2015) [-]
i dont always comment but when i do people seem to rate it preferably
User avatar #116 to #115 - darktoucan ONLINE (04/08/2015) [-]
that doesnt really have anything to do with what i said but im glad you get good thumbs.
User avatar #117 to #116 - darthtomale ONLINE (04/08/2015) [-]
yeah i know..

and my thumbs are terrible. i honestly have no idea why.
User avatar #112 - darthtomale ONLINE (08/18/2013) [-]
Christy Mack
User avatar #111 - darthtomale ONLINE (02/23/2013) [-]
SUN DEVIL ANGELS PRESENTS KRISTEN
#92 - wildthornberries has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #93 to #92 - darthtomale ONLINE (02/11/2013) [-]
i might talk to you in a little. right now some girl is pouring her heart out to me right now
#94 to #93 - wildthornberries (02/11/2013) [-]
o.o *cough* that might be me *cough*
o.o *cough* that might be me *cough*
User avatar #95 to #94 - darthtomale ONLINE (02/11/2013) [-]
... have you ever heard of nick poiencot? he lives in housten
User avatar #96 to #95 - wildthornberries (02/11/2013) [-]
Nope, about 1 million live in Houston so..nope. Why is he famous in any way?
User avatar #97 to #96 - darthtomale ONLINE (02/11/2013) [-]
he's a really good friend of mine.and the girl is his girlfriend
User avatar #98 to #97 - wildthornberries (02/11/2013) [-]
Ah, I see. The good ol' emotional stress letting out from a relationship? Oh and I live near Pearland, So yeah.
User avatar #99 to #98 - darthtomale ONLINE (02/11/2013) [-]
yeah. she's a sweet girl and he's not mean but she loves him a hell of a lot more than he loves her. it makes me sad. theyre a lovely couple
User avatar #100 to #99 - wildthornberries (02/11/2013) [-]
Well, ya' sure she ain't on her rag? Also tell her to take him to the Rodeo, it makes everything better. Except vegans.
User avatar #101 to #100 - darthtomale ONLINE (02/11/2013) [-]
nah. he moved away and she misses the **** out of him. so she's been particularly attached to him lately
User avatar #102 to #101 - wildthornberries (02/11/2013) [-]
Oh, saddening. Is this boy, blonde? Just wondering.
User avatar #103 to #102 - darthtomale ONLINE (02/11/2013) [-]
...yes? and his dick is massive
#104 to #103 - wildthornberries (02/11/2013) [-]
Yum. ^-^ I usually go to how you use your dick, not by size.
Yum. ^-^ I usually go to how you use your dick, not by size.
User avatar #105 to #104 - darthtomale ONLINE (02/11/2013) [-]
so she's talking to him now. im off the hook
User avatar #106 to #105 - wildthornberries (02/11/2013) [-]
Hah, PRESSURE from relationships you're not even in. :3
User avatar #107 to #106 - darthtomale ONLINE (02/11/2013) [-]
hes a bro. i gotta do everything i can to make his plans work out
#108 to #107 - wildthornberries (02/11/2013) [-]
^-^ Bro code. Hey, I have a question. c:
User avatar #109 to #108 - darthtomale ONLINE (02/11/2013) [-]
yeah? whats that?
User avatar #110 to #109 - wildthornberries (02/11/2013) [-]
Check your inbox
User avatar #91 - darthtomale ONLINE (01/13/2013) [-]
charlie sweets
#89 - estonianpride **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #90 to #89 - darthtomale ONLINE (01/07/2013) [-]
sorry i dont care for these shenanigans
User avatar #57 - darthtomale ONLINE (12/02/2012) [-]
chloe james
#56 - theyoungwildfree (10/30/2012) [-]
Now I have a non **** friend. Curse you!
#55 - darthtomale ONLINE (10/26/2012) [-]
Comment Picture
#48 - davegrowl (10/21/2012) [-]
So I heard you like Jake and Amir...
So I heard you like Jake and Amir...
#49 to #48 - darthtomale ONLINE (10/22/2012) [-]
just a little
just a little
#50 to #49 - davegrowl (10/23/2012) [-]
God, I love them.
God, I love them.
#51 to #50 - darthtomale ONLINE (10/23/2012) [-]
quite
quite
#52 to #51 - davegrowl (10/23/2012) [-]
Did you see the new one?
Did you see the new one?
#53 to #52 - darthtomale ONLINE (10/23/2012) [-]
yes, i saw them post on facebook about it both times
yes, i saw them post on facebook about it both times
#54 to #53 - davegrowl (10/24/2012) [-]
*******		 awesome.   
And the Milkmans, too.   
   
			*******		, Ben Schwartz, man.
******* awesome.
And the Milkmans, too.

******* , Ben Schwartz, man.
#47 - darthtomale ONLINE (08/25/2012) [-]
Comment Picture
#46 - darthtomale ONLINE (08/25/2012) [-]
Comment Picture
#45 - darthtomale ONLINE (08/14/2012) [-]
Comment Picture
#44 - darthtomale ONLINE (08/13/2012) [-]
Comment Picture
#43 - darthtomale ONLINE (08/13/2012) [-]
Comment Picture
#41 - snrjohnston (08/09/2012) [-]
You seem to like Amir, just a little.
#42 to #41 - darthtomale ONLINE (08/09/2012) [-]
a little, yeah
a little, yeah
#40 - darthtomale ONLINE (08/09/2012) [-]
Comment Picture
#39 - darthtomale ONLINE (08/03/2012) [-]
Comment Picture
[ 90 comments ]
Leave a comment
 Friends (0)