Rank #852 on ContentLevel 284 Comments: More Thumbs Than A Hiroshima Survivor
OfflineSend mail to dagold Block dagold Invite dagold to be your friend
|Last status update:|| |
|Date Signed Up:||1/19/2010|
|FunnyJunk Career Stats|
|Highest Content Rank:||#842|
|Highest Comment Rank:||#1644|
|Content Thumbs:||7026 total, 7797 , 771|
|Comment Thumbs:||9692 total, 10829 , 1137|
|Content Level Progress:|| 40% (40/100) |
Level 159 Content: Faptastic → Level 160 Content: Soldier Of Funnyjunk
|Comment Level Progress:|| 56.99% (57/100) |
Level 284 Comments: More Thumbs Than A Hiroshima Survivor → Level 285 Comments: More Thumbs Than A Hiroshima Survivor
|Times Content Favorited:||839 times|
|Total Comments Made:||3341|
- Views: 51195sxephil epic quote
2294 251 Total: +2043
- Views: 42736having a bad day?
1394 113 Total: +1281
- Views: 45628The gay avenger
1331 156 Total: +1175
- Views: 28259an old classic
916 38 Total: +878
- Views: 28690thank you sir may I have another?
578 37 Total: +541
- Views: 11404winning her over
290 17 Total: +273
- Views: 924hobbit love
15 1 Total: +14
latest user's comments
|#229 - Agreed. This is just clear that this officer should have never…||07/23/2016 on "why are people mad and...||+2|
|#220 - I can't help but agree with you, as sad as it is. Usually it s… [+] (2 new replies)||07/23/2016 on "why are people mad and...||+2|
#229 - dagold (07/23/2016) [-]
Agreed. This is just clear that this officer should have never been trusted with a gun. There are people who say only police and military should have guns but cops are just ordinary people with unordinary responsibilities. I'm a soldier and I think some of my fellow soldiers should never be handed a bb gun but here they are with grenades and shit.
|#30 - Had a similar moment in school. I don't remember what I said o…||07/18/2016 on Watch Your Language||+1|
|#20 - Probably ricochet if it hit at the right angle.||07/18/2016 on /k/ learns how to paint the...||+7|
|#80 - I'm really curious how he accomplished that without cheating h… [+] (1 new reply)||07/18/2016 on D&D Comp||0|
#130 - orangepikmin (07/18/2016) [-]
He used a combination of fudged rolls and working the character to achieve those scores. Granted, 4 of those points are fair game (two ability score upgrades), but it's insane to have a bard with a constitution/ hp comparable to a barbarian's. It ruins the point of a barbarian at that point if you can have a magical tank monster.
|#203 - To be honest I'm willing to believe that the a lot of bad revi…||07/17/2016 on Sending A Message With Your...||0|
|#137 - I was a fan of the originals but I'm willing to go see it to s… [+] (4 new replies)||07/17/2016 on Sending A Message With Your...||+3|
#168 - theguywhoaskswhy (07/17/2016) [-]
Don't bother. It doesn't do them justice. Its like they took the original canon and threw it in the trash. There is nothing to allude to a previous ghostbusters team.
The original characters make a debut sure... But it is in no way a "passing of the torch" type of scene. Instead they appear as extra's/cameo's, for instance, Dan Aykroyd is a cab driver. Bill Murray has a little more screen time, but he's not an older Peter Venkman.
The director is the kind of guy who cucks himself for feminism in order to make more money.
And lets not forget, when they were getting bad reviews from FANS prior to the release, their response was to put up an ad that said "Women are funny, get over it!"
#203 - dagold (07/17/2016) [-]
To be honest I'm willing to believe that the a lot of bad reviews on the trailer were anti feminism statements. I have no issue with a story trying characters of different genders to see how the world would affect them differently as long as the change in gender wasn't the entire definition of their characters. A female batman, for instance: The bat is a millionaire martial artist orphan with an expensive suit and lots of issues. That statement could apply to both genders and fits the batmen we have now but if a female bat's definition was "A woman in a suit who fights crime" the movie would probably be shit but if they actually managed to adapt the character properly I would be willing to give the movie a chance.
#179 - fuccthedevil (07/17/2016) [-]
1) It's a remake, not a sequal. It doesn't have to be canon.
2) It is a remake, not a sequal. It doesn't have to allude to the previous ghostbusters.
3) Fans cannot give bad reviews before the release of the film. That's just asinine.
4) It's a perfectly alright movie. It's not as good as the originals, no. But it doesn't have to be.
5) I honestly believe that most of the bad reviews started because the GB's were female this time around. After that, the fedora-tipping autists latched onto the idea that the movie was gonna be bad and spread like wildfire.
#185 - theguywhoaskswhy (07/17/2016) [-]
1) It does have to be canon, other wise it not a remake, its a different franchise.
2) Fair enough
3) 950,000 dislikes on the initial trailer sounds like a bad review to me. Maybe not too heavy on the words, but it does send a pretty clear message.
5) The bad reviews started because the trailer was terrible. Then, be it due to going along with public opinion or in recognition of its terribleness, bad reviews happened.
|#42 - They should join forces then. He funds these people so they ar…||07/17/2016 on Gates||+5|
|#10 - My mom was the last of 13 kids, I have a cousin as old as her.… [+] (1 new reply)||07/13/2016 on waoi||0|
|#54 - I'll admit I've only seen the first one years ago, so I may ha…||07/12/2016 on legs||+1|