|Funny Pictures||Funny Videos|
|Funny GIFs||YouTube Videos|
Rank #4392 on CommentsLevel 311 Comments: Wizard
OfflineSend mail to beerholder Block beerholder Invite beerholder to be your friend
- Text/Links 2
- Pictures 36
- YouTube 6
- Animated Gifs 2
- Favorites 2
- Friends 1
- Comments 1338
- Channels 7
- All 1395
- Views: 49517Why I love the game.
1444 128 Total: +1316
- Views: 33102Fan placement
1119 57 Total: +1062
- Views: 27651Do you trust this printer?
834 151 Total: +683
- Views: 28999dat' a...
710 86 Total: +624
- Views: 7658Scumbag employers
290 16 Total: +274
- Views: 9725Move over, Japan. Here's Russia
238 24 Total: +214
- Views: 413310 Useless Human Body Parts
50 10 Total: +40
- Views: 1363Shortest attention span
13 1 Total: +12
- Views: 1895O Fortuna Epicness
20 11 Total: +9
- Views: 2865the website is down
24 18 Total: +6
- Views: 2842trust me, i'm an engineer
15 9 Total: +6
- Views: 960Canadians survive plane crash,...
4 5 Total: -1
latest user's comments
|#218 - **beerholder used "*roll picture*"** **beerholder rolled i…||12/13/2014 on sleep tight pizza||0|
|#7 - "First stone golem president" - Lost it||12/12/2014 on History in pictures||0|
|#26 - I've strayed too far from the frontpage||12/09/2014 on Whatever||0|
|#14 - it's water, but has 3 states of aggregation. liquid, ice and c…||12/06/2014 on Because moll e keewls slow...||0|
|#14 - true...true...||12/06/2014 on Nadia Comaneci||0|
|#12 - it was full of gypsies back then too, you commie lovin' bastard! [+] (3 new replies)||12/06/2014 on Nadia Comaneci||+3|
|#8 - No, there's a 2way entrance, went to sweden once and they had …||12/06/2014 on Watch your step lady||0|
|#22 - Several tabs later... [+] (2 new replies)||12/06/2014 on Australian Problems Pt 8||+230|
|#56 - No, the scene went like this: The character of Matt D… [+] (2 new replies)||12/02/2014 on MFW I take a huge shit||0|
|#32 - Really, because that whole scene with the rescue of the … [+] (7 new replies)||12/02/2014 on MFW I take a huge shit||0|
#56 - beerholder (12/02/2014) [-]
No, the scene went like this:
The character of Matt Damon blew the airlock and the ship started spinning uncontrollable, descending into the planet's atmosphere. Now Cooper came with the small craft, matched the rotation of the ship and docked with it. He then fired his engine and managed to rescue the ship from burning into the atmosphere.
The problem I had with that scene were the following:
1. Firing the engines while spinning couldn't take them anywhere. They would just rotate accelerating the spin.
2. A large piece of the ship was missing, space physics works the same as in earth physics, if you push an object from anywhere else than its center of mass, you start spinning it. Presuming the docking port was in its center of mass initially, after the explosion, the ship would weigh a lot more in one part than the other.
3. Having succeeded (sic) raising the ship from the atmosphere, the ship didn't stay in the orbit, but ejected out of orbit into the black hole. When leaving earth for the wormhole, a whole stage was needed to achieve escape velocity from earth, but this time, that small landing ship could do it in a few seconds, while spinning.
#44 - ninjaroo (12/02/2014) [-]
It does, but it's not the only factor.
If a planet is spinning really fast, you can use that speed to launch yourself off the planet. Think of spinning a wet ball really fast, all the droplets fly off. Same idea.
Also, a smaller planet with the same surface gravity is easier to get away from.
And lastly, there was a black hole on one side of the planet. Move towards that, and the tidal forces assist you. Not particularly smart since you're now moving towards a black hole, but it's possible.
Join Subscribe battlefield
Join Subscribe computer-geek
Join Subscribe feels
Join Subscribe fucking-science
Join Subscribe funny
Join Subscribe oc-comic-makers