Home Original Content Funny Pictures Funny GIFs YouTube Funny Text Funny Movies Channels Search

hide menu

Deeticky

Rank #8743 on Comments
Deeticky Avatar Level 284 Comments: More Thumbs Than A Hiroshima Survivor
Offline
Send mail to Deeticky Block Deeticky Invite Deeticky to be your friend flag avatar
Last status update:
-
Personal Info
Date Signed Up:3/29/2010
Last Login:12/21/2014
Funnyjunk Career Stats
Comment Ranking:#8743
Highest Content Rank:#4157
Highest Comment Rank:#416
Content Thumbs: 2400 total,  2750 ,  350
Comment Thumbs: 8620 total,  9694 ,  1074
Content Level Progress: 96% (96/100)
Level 123 Content: Respected Member Of Famiry → Level 124 Content: Respected Member Of Famiry
Comment Level Progress: 43% (43/100)
Level 284 Comments: More Thumbs Than A Hiroshima Survivor → Level 285 Comments: More Thumbs Than A Hiroshima Survivor
Subscribers:0
Content Views:108626
Times Content Favorited:164 times
Total Comments Made:2233
FJ Points:774
Favorite Tags: lol (8) | troll (5) | chan (3) | Four (3) | anonymous (2) | black (2) | Christianity (2) | comic (2) | forever (2) | murder (2)

latest user's comments

#113 - We have one of the sotres here in Minnesota (At the Mall of Am…  [+] (2 new replies) 11/23/2014 on '70s LEGO has the right idea 0
#120 - spoperman (11/23/2014) [-]
God damn it I'm jealous right now

Although, seriously dood, how do you know what's in the tubs up high? Gif related, it's mfw
User avatar #127 - Deeticky (11/23/2014) [-]
We just build ladders out of the other legos in order to reach the high tubs.
#73 - You say that in order to fund anything, the government "m… 11/20/2014 on I love magnetic trains. 0
#71 - Just like the private sector, taxpayer-funded jobs can add wea…  [+] (2 new replies) 11/20/2014 on I love magnetic trains. 0
User avatar #72 - doctorprofessornv (11/20/2014) [-]
Like I said, the issue is that government cannot create additional wealth. Government gets 100% of its resources from the private sector, so to fund anything it must take from someone else. They might be creating jobs, but the economy isn't actually growing because the wealth was only taken out and put back in another context (redistribution). More often than not this redistribution interferes with natural market forces that would have allocated the resources more efficiently, and thus you end up with a net loss on the total economy.
User avatar #73 - Deeticky (11/20/2014) [-]
You say that in order to fund anything, the government "must take from someone else". Is that not true of the private sector as well? If they don't take their money from someone else, then where does it come form?

Also, to reiterate, government jobs, just like private sector jobs, do help to grow the economy, because they put money into the hands of more people. When more people have money, more people can spend money. Because more people are spending money, more businesses can afford to expand and hire more employees, thereby growing the economy.

Also, I have to ask. I hear this idea of "natural market forces" all the time, but nobody has thus far been able to explain what that means. After all, because human beings choose to give money an artificial value, aren't markets and economies by definition artificial as well? Unless you're just referring to unregulated capitalism? We've seen already that unregulated capitalism does not work. Just look at the turn of the 20th century, with child-labor, a poverty rate of around 50%, sweatshops, pollution, and an extremely uneven distribution of wealth.

The key, my friend, is finding the proper balance between government regulation, public programs, and the private sector. That's something I think we're all still working on.
#70 - I wasn't advocating for or against raising taxes per se, I jus… 11/20/2014 on I love magnetic trains. 0
#26 - You shouldn't have put so much arsenic in the letter.  [+] (1 new reply) 11/19/2014 on Congrats grad +16
User avatar #32 - thisisspartah (11/19/2014) [-]
how much is too much?
#21 - Because I guess we Americans are are just too phobic of paying…  [+] (3 new replies) 11/19/2014 on I love magnetic trains. +17
User avatar #38 - ciacheczko (11/19/2014) [-]
I'm no expert on this case, but of what I've seen America's economy is already in struggle and has many citizens in serious debt. Making the taxes higher only makes sense when the people who pay them can afford them and have their pays raised accordingly. Otherwise it's just tons of people paying their taxes for funding things that none of them will be able to afford anyway. This already happens more than enough, if you ask me.

Japan can not only afford it, but is also much smaller of a country so it's not that hard to wire it with these trains. On the contrary to 'Murica, that takes a large part of huge continent.

But this is all just guessing, so correct me if I'm wrong.
User avatar #70 - Deeticky (11/20/2014) [-]
I wasn't advocating for or against raising taxes per se, I just wanted to point out that raising taxes is likely the only way we could afford to build a serious magrail system. I suppose we could make massive cuts to other programs instead, but that does not generally work out well.

I'm not generally in favor of raising taxes will-nilly any way. I think we need to make sure the money is spent/ wisely before we raise taxes. I also think we need to ensure that the rich pay their fair share, as too many corporations are using loopholes, such as tax havens, to get out of paying their taxes, thereby increasing the burden on the rest of us.
#45 - shadowgandalf (11/19/2014) [-]
You got a few people, with a lot of money, who could survive paying a bit more tax you know.
#101 - >Playing feminist DND >Create white, male chara… 11/19/2014 on RPG funnies 2.0 +24
#90 - Dude, you just described Somalia. There is no such thing as tr… 11/01/2014 on MSNBC After Republican Wash... +9
#88 - I have thought about the quiz thing too, my friend. However, i… 11/01/2014 on MSNBC After Republican Wash... 0
#121 - Thanks for taking time to think deeply about the issue. You're… 10/26/2014 on Seriously +1
#93 - The problem is that the media is labeling this issue as "…  [+] (2 new replies) 10/26/2014 on Seriously +1
User avatar #95 - ZakisBak (10/26/2014) [-]
I do agree, I did learn some things. And my professor tried to break it up, give a timeline run through of it, even tried to find a Pro GG article for us to read, but it pretty much ended up being a gamer victim blaming. I agree, lots of the things the gamers say/tweet/reason are solely and purely sexist, arguing the only reason the women are wrong are for being women, giving gamers a bad look because the ones who are actually trying to debate with reason and logic, get swept under the massive rug that is the sexist gamers. I think there are rights and wrongs on both sides, and it may have sounded like I was sexist myself, but I think I was just upset, because I don't think he fairly portrayed what the feminists did in his timeline reenactment. So in order to let off steam and try to say no, they did this and this, they are actually in the wrong some-it just came off as me hating on them, in order to try and balance out his what seemed to be strawman argument. Sorry for the long post, but I appreciate you reading mine.
User avatar #121 - Deeticky (10/26/2014) [-]
Thanks for taking time to think deeply about the issue. You're absolutely right, there are rights and wrongs on both sides. I hope more people can start thinking about the issue the same way you do, so that instead of just fighting about how much people hate each other, we could actually begin to create an effective dialogue between the two sides.
#24 - Does anyone here remember Swine Flu? Remember how the media ma… 10/16/2014 on Ebola. Dwight gets it. +4
#67 - This one is gold. 10/14/2014 on Ken.M +3
#28 - Seriously? Ebola's not that dangerous (it's transmitted throug… 10/13/2014 on Thanks obama +2
#436 - They couldn't save her. The bottom half of her body was pinned… 09/30/2014 on Creepy real-life photo comp 0
#39 - >Playing Tumblr DND >Create white male characte…  [+] (3 new replies) 09/24/2014 on Social justice League +16
User avatar #52 - krobeles (09/24/2014) [-]
Should've put more skill points into Profession: Sexual Harassment
Might also wanna pick up those Improved Grappling Feats.
#59 - booped (09/24/2014) [-]
Nah role a white knight to be more protected with better defense against feminazi enemies. Put points into suck-up-ness and use fedora armor.
#48 - booped (09/24/2014) [-]
> Role a furry, pyrofox,
> tri-bi-cis-killing-trans-sexual pyrofox.
> find evil cis, straight, white male.
> Use my feminism powers to smight it!
> LEVEL UP! PRIVILEGE RAISED TO 34
#37 - Picture 09/19/2014 on Greetings from hell +9
#202 - That's called a Meritocracy. 09/17/2014 on Fuck yeah technocracy! 0
#200 - Ok, I like you! I'm also planning to go into politics after la…  [+] (1 new reply) 09/17/2014 on Fuck yeah technocracy! +1
#209 - armsdealer (09/17/2014) [-]
#324 - The Taj Mahal isn't in Alladin. In fact, the movie even says t… 09/12/2014 on (untitled) +1
#434 - Picture  [+] (1 new reply) 08/31/2014 on JUSTICE IS SERVED 0
User avatar #435 - holycrapimacupcake (08/31/2014) [-]
Have a good day, night, whatever fucking time it is where you are.
#426 - Then vote people into office who are willing to work hard. It'… 08/31/2014 on JUSTICE IS SERVED 0
#422 - I've watched them all. Not a single one of them showed the kid…  [+] (3 new replies) 08/31/2014 on JUSTICE IS SERVED 0
User avatar #431 - holycrapimacupcake (08/31/2014) [-]
Ah...I thought you were merely talking about the video...I think I'll go use the sleep now.
#434 - Deeticky (08/31/2014) [-]
User avatar #435 - holycrapimacupcake (08/31/2014) [-]
Have a good day, night, whatever fucking time it is where you are.
#415 - The story isn't real.  [+] (5 new replies) 08/31/2014 on JUSTICE IS SERVED 0
User avatar #419 - holycrapimacupcake (08/31/2014) [-]
Watch the video moron.
User avatar #422 - Deeticky (08/31/2014) [-]
I've watched them all. Not a single one of them showed the kid being sentenced to 25 years in prison. I was referring to the sentencing as fake (Which was OP's story), not the actual "swatting". So before you call me a "moron", do some research.
User avatar #431 - holycrapimacupcake (08/31/2014) [-]
Ah...I thought you were merely talking about the video...I think I'll go use the sleep now.
#434 - Deeticky (08/31/2014) [-]
User avatar #435 - holycrapimacupcake (08/31/2014) [-]
Have a good day, night, whatever fucking time it is where you are.
#413 - The story is fake. 08/31/2014 on JUSTICE IS SERVED 0
Show:
Sort by:
Order:

items

Total unique items point value: 1870 / Total items point value: 2370

Show All Replies Show Shortcuts
Per page:
Order:
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
#8 - evilhomer ONLINE (06/21/2014) [-]
User avatar #7 - atomicman (01/17/2014) [-]
If only we got to meet each other in person. I'm sure we'd be become great friends.
#4 - traffy (01/02/2014) [-]
**traffy rolls 65**
**traffy rolls 65**
User avatar #1 - CannonFodder (10/26/2012) [-]
I hadn't been on FJ for ~ 1.5 years so I don't know what has/hasn't been done. Just couldn't be ****** studying so drew that instead. Didn't mean to annoy peeps but cheers for the feedback man
User avatar #5 to #1 - traffy (01/02/2014) [-]
you should shut the **** up
User avatar #6 to #5 - CannonFodder (01/04/2014) [-]
Lol care
 Friends (0)