Upload
Login or register

ColeTheUber

Last status update:
-
Personal Info
Date Signed Up:10/27/2009
FunnyJunk Career Stats
Comment Ranking:#970
Highest Content Rank:#1557
Highest Comment Rank:#270
Content Thumbs: 3616 total,  4708 ,  1092
Comment Thumbs: 36672 total,  38988 ,  2316
Content Level Progress: 16% (16/100)
Level 136 Content: Respected Member Of Famiry → Level 137 Content: Respected Member Of Famiry
Comment Level Progress: 31.9% (319/1000)
Level 334 Comments: Practically Famous → Level 335 Comments: Practically Famous
Subscribers:16
Content Views:66189
Times Content Favorited:205 times
Total Comments Made:4711
FJ Points:40062
Favorite Tags: the (5) | admin (4) | game (4) | You (4) | Just (3) | Lost (2) | roll (2) | this (2) | uber (2)

latest user's comments

#45 - ... no? That's why I posted and incredibly overused image. But…  [+] (1 new reply) 09/11/2015 on Fact Comp +1
User avatar
#60 - zaxzwim (09/11/2015) [-]
that made it much better, thanks
#82 - .hack// was the first show that I ever watched. Not just… 09/10/2015 on Found this part.2 -1
#36 - You missed one, OP  [+] (3 new replies) 09/10/2015 on Fact Comp +9
User avatar
#43 - zaxzwim (09/11/2015) [-]
i bet you think you're real original don't you
#45 - ColeTheUber (09/11/2015) [-]
... no? That's why I posted and incredibly overused image. But maybe this one will make it up to you.
User avatar
#60 - zaxzwim (09/11/2015) [-]
that made it much better, thanks
#63 - >Mentions Log Horizon >Doesn't mention .hack// …  [+] (8 new replies) 09/10/2015 on Found this part.2 +3
User avatar
#304 - deaminzaints (09/11/2015) [-]
the games where amazing, but i had a little trouble keeping interest in the show honestly.
User avatar
#185 - ketchupshinobi (09/11/2015) [-]
I love both but they each have their issues.
Log Horizon lacks a sense of weight in its dangers and direction in its plot. The beginning is especially slow.
.Hack//Sign has worse pacing issues and a main character who actively tries to avoid advancing the story.
User avatar
#321 - emiyashirou (09/11/2015) [-]
The biggest problem with Log Horizon, is that the anime caught up to the novels and then the studio was like "Hey, how about we make another season and just make up a bunch of stupid shit for the plot so we can cash in on it?"
#99 - theroflcer (09/11/2015) [-]
Worse, mentioning Sword Art Online & not .Hack//
User avatar
#87 - megaton (09/10/2015) [-]
its a sad reality, but im guessing because . hack is an older show.
#79 - anon (09/10/2015) [-]
tbh both are terrible
just in their own way
well LogH S1 was fine
but none of the .hack//s where good
#128 - norwegiansnowman (09/11/2015) [-]
#82 - ColeTheUber (09/10/2015) [-]
.hack// was the first show that I ever watched. Not just anime, show in general. I respect your opinion, but I love every bit of it. [spoiler] [/spoiler]
#48 - Except it's not at all. It's not just applying heat to food, i… 09/10/2015 on Poached eggs 0
#44 - That was exactly my point though. That poaching vs soft boilin… 09/10/2015 on Poached eggs 0
#19 - That's not even close though, that's two different cooking met…  [+] (13 new replies) 09/10/2015 on Poached eggs -1
User avatar
#29 - cuntism (09/10/2015) [-]
You're defining what differentiates one cooking method from another by the thing it was cooked in (frying pan vs oven) however poaching vs shell boiled can be looked at the same if you think about it, the shell can be counted as the cooking apparatus because it is the shell which makes it that way.

Meh it's all semantics, and probably the dumbest convo ever on FJ
User avatar
#44 - ColeTheUber (09/10/2015) [-]
That was exactly my point though. That poaching vs soft boiling in a shell are similar.

And I'm sure we can come up with a dumber conversation. I mean, it IS funnyjunk.
User avatar
#21 - chcknchsr (09/10/2015) [-]
All cooking is the same principle. Heat + food = cooked food. Therefore, by your logic, poaching=frying=grilling.

I don't think your example with the steak is a good one, as a steak with holes poked in it will not retain its juice properly.

User avatar
#48 - ColeTheUber (09/10/2015) [-]
Except it's not at all. It's not just applying heat to food, it's how you apply heat to food. Frying relies on heating the food right on the heat source, grilling suspends the food above the heat source, and poaching boils it in water.
And how is that "by my logic"? I distinctly said that grilling and pan-frying are two separate cooking methods. It's your misguided logic which says that all cooking is the same.

Furthermore, my example with the steak is pretty spot on. See travishein's reply for how the holes work. The only difference between what's in the video and a soft boiled egg is that one is in a shell and the other is in a plastic bag, while the only difference between the steaks from my example is that one uses a tenderizing liquid and the other pokes holes to break down proteins.
User avatar
#24 - travishein (09/10/2015) [-]
That is incorrect sir. I worked for a steak house where we cut our steaks by hand. We used to jaccard our steaks (look up jaccarders if you don't know) to perforate the outer portion of the steak and break up the proteins. This was done with sirloin and strip to make the meat tender. Once the proteins begin to cook, they draw their moisture in. The proteins break down during cooking, but as long as you let it rest prior to cutting...it will still be very juicy. Whereas a sirloin that hasn't been tenderized can be very tough. Peace.
User avatar
#30 - cuntism (09/10/2015) [-]
Jaccarders are for getting more out of shittier meat
User avatar
#37 - travishein (09/10/2015) [-]
Top sirloin? New York Strip? Center cut pork loin? I disagree that they are shitty meat, and just about any dense protein benefits from jaccarding. But, you guys are the experts so peace out!
User avatar
#198 - cuntism (09/11/2015) [-]
You don't need to tenderize good meat. It stands on it's own merits. I dunno maybe it's different in the US but here you tenderize shitty meat
User avatar
#204 - travishein (09/11/2015) [-]
I'm a New York strip guy. New York is the cut between the sirloin and the ribeye. You get some of the marbling as the loin moves towards the ribeye end, but the strong, beefy flavor you'll find in a sirloin. Dense muscle (like sirloin) has a tendency to be a tougher cut. It's not "low quality" meat, it's just a part of dealing with proteins. The truth is, any butcher, meat cutter, etc. that knows his way around all cuts of beef probably jaccard the meat and you don't even know it. We aren't talking about thick gauge needles. These are tiny blades that simply separate the proteins slightly, making it slightly tender and decreasing cooking times. If you eat nothing but tenderloin, ribeye and other marbled cuts you probably don't eat meat that has been jaccarded so there's that chance.
#209 - cuntism (09/11/2015) [-]
Our cuts are named different here, same names but for different places.

I personally only eat sirloin, but then I only eat Wagyu (the breed that Kobe is from, but raised in the UK, not *quite* as nice but damn close and like 1/10th of the price).

I don't mind a ribeye now and then but because I have my steak blue, it's not nice. If I've no choice but a ribeye then I'll have it rare.

In the UK if I seen a butcher pre-tenderize the meat I'd legit have him fired. If a meat can't stand on it's own quality then it shouldn't be sold. The jaccard is dangerous too in a sense because all that surface bacteria, all that fecal matter that is flash fried and killed that can't get in past the surface now has a way into the meat to breed. That means you can't age a cut now too if it was pre-jaccard'ed or whatever the term is.

This is one of those convos where we just stop here, shake hands, and say we have a difference of situations and opinions, and no good can come of continuing it
User avatar
#212 - travishein (09/11/2015) [-]
Agreed. Have a good one!
User avatar
#210 - cuntism (09/11/2015) [-]
Oh I will add that if I was getting skirt, flank, something like that then yeah I'd tenderize it, I use flank steak for steak butties in summer, grilled peppers onions and melted cheese with garlic and bbq sauce, numnum
User avatar
#25 - chcknchsr (09/10/2015) [-]
Thank you.
#26 - You're right, that does sound stupid. Thanks for filling me in… 09/10/2015 on When showing off artifact... 0
#23 - I don't play WoW, can someone explain?  [+] (14 new replies) 09/10/2015 on When showing off artifact... +13
#24 - avarius (09/10/2015) [-]
In the next expansion, players will get the ability to unlock transmogs (basically skins for items) that resemble legendary (lore-wise not quality-wise) weapons. So for example, as a Death Knight you could get the ability to unlock a skin to make your weapon look like Frostmourne, the weapon of the Lich King

I really dislike the whole concept. Reasons should be rather obvious.
#189 - thevoodoofrog (09/11/2015) [-]
Its not a skin. Its the actual weapon, that levels up its power as you advance through the content.

You can change the skin of that weapon to 5-6 others, and each of those have 4 different colour sets. You can also change the appearance of the weapon to any other one you can use, with transmog.

User avatar
#39 - thatssotoby (09/10/2015) [-]
Nope, worse than that. Your only weapon in the ENTIRE expansion is going to be that weapon. Not a transmog, an actual weapon. You can get different skins for it, but everyone will have the fucking Ashbringer
User avatar
#45 - avarius (09/10/2015) [-]
You aren't even kidding. That IS worse, holy shit...
User avatar
#62 - dreygur (09/10/2015) [-]
I kind of like it. I think new weapons gave too much of a powerspike compared to regular gear, so having it upgrade gradually kind of smoothens the power level a bit.
User avatar
#144 - grimsho (09/11/2015) [-]
The idea of having one weapon and upgrading/customizing it instead of replacing it with random drops is great.
Making those weapons prominent lore items and giving them to LITERALLY EVERYBODY for no effort is not great.
It also completely removes the achievement of finding legendary weapons, so in both terms of Lore and Gameplay weapons are very devalued, I think making Artifacts major lore items like Frostmourne and Ashbringer was a mistake.
User avatar
#231 - dreygur (09/11/2015) [-]
They never added random legendary drops back into the game because they didn't like it, and mandatory quest legendaries don't feel legendary.
User avatar
#48 - darthblam (09/10/2015) [-]
I think it's cool, honestly.
And it's not just a cool looking thing with skins, it's a whole new talent tree for your specific class spec. Think of it as the legendary cloak at the end of MoP. But instead of working up to getting it towards you end, you get this thing early on and level it up to something awesome.
Even though I'm not getting a famous lore weapon on my main, I look forward to this.

This shit isn't even finalized yet, everyone's just jumping on the same old bandwagon of "I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!" that's shown up with every expansion.
#66 - anon (09/10/2015) [-]
> Legendary takes an entire guild of 40 people to achieve and months of hard work
> People whine
> Legendary takes 25 people
> People whine
> Everyone will legendary if they do a quest chain
> People whine
> Repeat
>Everyone gets a legendary and no other choice
User avatar
#53 - jamiemsm (09/10/2015) [-]
i always looked forward to getting a new weapon the most in wow. now that is gone
User avatar
#27 - majkee (09/10/2015) [-]
you dont get frostmourne, you get shards of it, and craft em into different weapons

but yeah, demon hunters, the artifacts, what they have announced, the whole expac seems like click bait
User avatar
#29 - avarius (09/10/2015) [-]
Thank you for the clarification. I only watched that reveal trailer from Gamescom and haven't bothered with WoW since I quit in March.
I just looked up the (rather incomplete) article about Artifacts on WoWWiki. Seems like you also get to unlock several skins for each of the weapons, which I have to admit is kinda neat again, but ultimately it still means that everyone will run around with the same, LEGENDARY i dare to repeat, weapons.
User avatar
#34 - majkee (09/10/2015) [-]
it kills that whole "finding a new weapon" feel, since apparently no weapons will drop for you at all
User avatar
#26 - ColeTheUber (09/10/2015) [-]
You're right, that does sound stupid. Thanks for filling me in, I've seen a lot about this but didn't know the details.
#9 - Jo Ann mentioned. Swell with fabric and coupons. …  [+] (1 new reply) 09/08/2015 on Sounds like a fun guy +13
User avatar
#19 - lordofbumcrack (09/09/2015) [-]
not bad