Finnish School. . Finnish schools heirs no uniforms. no entrance e: -terns. no fees. no league moles end no Firsted inspections. No one starts school until they finnish Finland School Education
x

Finnish School

Finnish schools heirs no uniforms. no entrance e: -terns. no fees. no league moles end
no Firsted inspections. No one starts school until they' re n were old. end dividing
children into sets cussed on ability is illegal. Kids address teachers by their first
heme; end no one ever gets more then 30 minutes of homework is night. And ‘yet.
since 2000. Finland hes topped pretty much ever educational giegue tends ever.
...
  • Recommend tagsx
+1824
Views: 68154
Favorited: 239
Submitted: 08/01/2013
Share On Facebook
Add to favorites Subscribe to septimia submit to reddit

Comments(664):

[ 664 comments ]
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
User avatar #3 - theturtletrolley (08/01/2013) [-]
What can I say, They always Finnish on top.
User avatar #155 to #3 - delphine (08/02/2013) [-]
There's norway they can always finnish on top all the time though.
User avatar #234 to #3 - theturtletorres (08/02/2013) [-]
Your username <3
#291 to #234 - theturtletrolley (08/02/2013) [-]
We can be Turtle buddies together <3
Pic not even slightly related
User avatar #667 to #3 - theturtletrolley (08/02/2013) [-]
Really guys? 340 thumbs? Really?
User avatar #450 to #3 - theturtletrolley (08/02/2013) [-]
I don't even want to know why over 200 of you thumbed my comment...It was a pretty ****** pun
#272 to #3 - Superhell (08/02/2013) [-]
I can tell it's you Carlos...

**** you.
#528 - allamericandude (08/02/2013) [-]
&gt;&quot;no league tables&quot;   
   
&gt;&quot;Finland has topped pretty much [every] educational league table ever&quot;
>"no league tables"

>"Finland has topped pretty much [every] educational league table ever"
User avatar #535 to #528 - polymerisation (08/02/2013) [-]
it might mean no internal league tables for schools
User avatar #630 to #528 - kittyporn (08/02/2013) [-]
i know, i smell bs in this article
#391 to #86 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
'MURICA
#470 to #86 - sackit (08/02/2013) [-]
"size doesn`t mean everything"
User avatar #647 to #470 - ilovehitler (08/02/2013) [-]
But in the world of power, it really helps to be bigger.
User avatar #690 to #647 - sackit (08/02/2013) [-]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjvXmpOTtdQ

Yeah sorry after some googling i found out the truth
#297 to #86 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
Finland is not in that picture...
#619 to #297 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
OK.
User avatar #98 - unggoy (08/02/2013) [-]
"no league tables."
"has topped pretty much every educational league table ever."
#1 - anon (08/01/2013) [-]
Maybe because I don't see any ******* dragging everyone else down
#57 to #1 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
I laughed sadistically at this then quietly said "thats ****** up"
#45 to #1 - katsikis (08/02/2013) [-]
**katsikis rolled a random image posted in comment #3075860 at Friendly ** the sad part is, is that this is actually true.
User avatar #318 to #45 - fuzzypickles (08/02/2013) [-]
Sorry, how is it true at all?
Is it true in your opinion?
Is it true based on fact? statistics?
Is it true based on experiance? observation?

Its not true at all. Bold statements like this are made by petulant uninformed teenagers who lurk on ********* website like this.
#345 to #318 - thatonecommunist ONLINE (08/02/2013) [-]
It's not because they're black.

It's because of the areas that blacks live in.

Honestly, look at the ghetto schools, they barely even try to teach people in some of these places.

**** sucks but it's true, may not be their fault, but it's true.
User avatar #606 to #345 - mattseven (08/02/2013) [-]
Where I live, there are no black ghettos. However, black kids tend to go the **** **** way, and act like they were raised on the streets with all that ****** attitude and stuff.
#637 to #606 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
"Let's see: I am of African heritage, I live in a relatively wealthy suburb with decent schools, and I could probably do well off with an education if I tried, hmm... ***** FUKK DA PO-LEESE DA WHITE PPL LOOKEN @ US LIK WE CRAZY ***** BANG BANG"

In all honesty, there are only some in my lower-middle class suburban area that act like this. Many are still into hip hop and rap culture but they're not that ignorant. They're a lot better off than the rednecks though (but that's just the South).
#615 to #345 - anisbanana (08/02/2013) [-]
The areas the blacks live in?

They live in black areas. Schools are ghetto because ******* attend them. I live in a mostly white district with pretty much no blacks and the average SAT score here is 2100.

Blacks make their areas into what they are. If there weren't gangs everywhere and they didn't lurk at night breaking into houses, it would be a much better place.

**** sucks but it's true, it is their fault, so it's true.
User avatar #672 to #615 - coolcalx (08/02/2013) [-]
you have your causality and effect backwards.
#573 to #345 - ancel (08/02/2013) [-]
Ha, They live in **** areas because they live there. Look at Detroit, they had all they needed in the 1960s, then, the nig-nog nation attacked.
#327 to #318 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
Found the ******
User avatar #333 to #318 - fuckinniggers (08/02/2013) [-]
Perhaps if you were to look it up you would find that the Black community in America is the statistically lowest scoring group when comes to anything school related.
#426 to #333 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
The problem is you're comparing Finland with the US. The two countries are very different both in size, influence, government and culture. Finland might not have colored immigrants, but they have immigrants from former Soviet countries and other poorer countries.

I think you should take a look at how the finnish school is build up instead of blurring out racial slurs and create stereotypes.

Remember only a sith deals in absolutes.

#457 to #426 - barhah (08/02/2013) [-]
"only a sith deals in absolutes."

Found the Sith
User avatar #536 to #426 - fuckinniggers (08/02/2013) [-]
Well I'm not blaming race or anything like that, I know race has nothing to do with it. I was merely telling the man that there have been studies that show the black community on average scores lower than any other community in America. Also if you reread my comment I never once actually blurted out a racial slur.
User avatar #355 to #333 - thekinganon (08/02/2013) [-]
We are products of the environments we are brought up in, don't blame the race, most of these poor black people life in poverty and the schools have given up on these kids before they even start learning anything.
User avatar #542 to #355 - fuckinniggers (08/02/2013) [-]
I know, I wasn't blaming race. The man I was replying to said "is it true based on a statistic?" I merely pointed out that there have been studies done showing that the black community has the lowest average score. I know that a lot of the schools that most of those kids go to are terrible but that shouldn't stop them. My father was able to leave the poverty and now has two masters degrees. All it takes is hard work... and credit cards... dad used a lot of those during college.
#555 to #355 - comradvlad (08/02/2013) [-]
Wrooong... to a certain extent. Yes we are a product of our environment to some extent. However how we deal with that environment is different. Look at the old arabian civilizations before they turned to **** . In the dessert, most prosperous people of their time. Lets look at a more recent example.... The earthquake in Haiti... You know that island has the Dominican republic on the other side. Arguable identical environment... Haiti is a ******** . Throughout the history of man there has been NO successful black empire, period. Asians, Arabs, Whites have all had their turns multiple times. So whats up?
User avatar #653 to #555 - skubasteve (08/02/2013) [-]
There are 200,000 lowland western gorillas in existance. I would say thats a decent empire.
#370 to #333 - jorisnl (08/02/2013) [-]
Your name is quite relevant here.
#544 to #370 - fuckinniggers (08/02/2013) [-]
I know right?
#614 to #318 - revanthewin (08/02/2013) [-]
Before I start let me say that there are exceptions to what I'm saying, but this is how it works majority of the time.

It's true because of how our culture is right now. It's cool to be uneducated and to waste all your money on clothes and ****** rims for your car. It's cool to **** around and drop out of high school. It's cool to make fun of the one white kid at your school.

This last reason is the reason you don't see many whites in black ghettos. In many areas, blacks are just as racist as many whites. Racism is picked up by children from their parents as they grow, and as there's already more blacks in poor neighborhoods than whites, the white kids get picked on.

When the white kids get picked on and singled out, it makes them not want to live in that environment for the rest of their lives, and the way out is basically handed to them through the school system. The thing is, it's just as easy for the black kids too. They just don't bother doing good most of the time. They have no reason to leave the ghetto. They get welfare, all their friends are there, and the way they see it going out to actually make something of themselves is a lot of work for something they don't really want.

So in the end, the white kids go off to college, the black kids stay in the ghetto and live off welfare, and in time their parents die, they have kids, and their kids pick up their morals and values. The next generation of blacks does the same thing as their parents for the most part, and the negro community is stuck in a self perpetuating cycle where they never make anything of themselves, their kids pick up their morals and never make anything of themselves, and most blacks are stuck in ghettos and low income areas that only become worse and worse as time goes on.

tl;dr, black people are poor because they're too cool for school, but not too cool for welfare.
#688 to #614 - ancel (08/02/2013) [-]
"Racism is picked up by children from their parents as they grow"
My parent wasn't racist. I learned it myself. As are most Europeans voting for right wing populist groups now a days.
#693 to #688 - learned (08/02/2013) [-]
Racism is influenced. If you live in a enviroment where you are influenced by racism, then there's a big chance of you becoming one also.
For example, one decides to go to /b/ everyday for hours. Bet you he'll be racist by the end of it.
#696 to #693 - ancel (08/02/2013) [-]
"Racism is influenced. If you live in a enviroment where you are influenced by racism, then there's a big chance of you becoming one also. "

If you live around an environment of XYZ you'll be more likely to have the views of XYZ, well done, did you get your degree and aldi of Tesco.
User avatar #689 to #688 - revanthewin (08/02/2013) [-]
I didn't mean that the only way someone could become racist is from their parents, I mean it's the way that it happens in this situation.
#691 to #689 - ancel (08/02/2013) [-]
Ah, my bad.
were never*
User avatar #661 to #614 - fuzzypickles (08/02/2013) [-]
tl;dr
#480 to #318 - katsikis (08/02/2013) [-]
It's true because I went to Southeast Raleigh High School, where its 85% black and no one wants to learn a thing.
#354 to #318 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
It's true based on statistics...

Well this is awkward
User avatar #358 to #354 - fuzzypickles (08/02/2013) [-]
can you link me them?
#384 to #358 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
Hopefully this link will work ( **** you my filthy item daddy)

www nytimes com/books/first/j/jencks-gap html

Put dots in where the spaces are.
User avatar #410 to #384 - fuzzypickles (08/02/2013) [-]
i take it you didnt read the whole article
#415 to #410 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
I have, the only thing I am disputing with you is whether black people have lower scores than white people, nothing else. They do have lower scores, it's right there. I'm not interested in reasons why as that wasn't part of the argument (you disagreeing with the first anon that black people don't have lower test scores)
User avatar #431 to #415 - fuzzypickles (08/02/2013) [-]
why do you think black people have lower test scores?
#490 to #431 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
because they perform worse on the tests

this guy
#567 to #318 - ancel (08/02/2013) [-]
It's true because it's based on reality.
#723 to #318 - anon (08/04/2013) [-]
Oh **** its this guy. you may remember me as megatheman, pickles. you are renowned for dick comments arent you? cunt.
User avatar #330 to #1 - weenieandthebutt (08/02/2013) [-]
I reckon disruptive ******* are the sole reason why they divide classes set on the kid's ability in the first place. If you don't wanna learn, that's entirely up to you but don't ******* disrupt the class by constantly pissing the teacher off or getting into needless arguments and I certainly don't wanna stay after school just because of you disruptive, attention-seeking cunts.
#484 to #330 - katsikis (08/02/2013) [-]
Thats actually true though. I remember I was in an Academic Algebra 2 class, and I was 1 of 4 kids in there that wasn't black (1 other was white and 2 others were latino) and every day our black teacher would try and teach us about algebra but these ignorant black kids would always start arguments with her, and complain about taking a quiz or something like that. I remember I had to go to a study session with that teacher after school just so I could pass the class.
User avatar #646 to #1 - Gerex (08/02/2013) [-]

Illiterate spics here too.
#487 to #1 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
I'm ******* white and your ******* racism i making the world worse i just fell that it won't finish and it's really sad because racism exclude blacks and this exclusion runs them to vengeance.

But what will you understand if you are a bunch o white chubbys who havent ever had more problems than can't defend themselves.
User avatar #645 to #487 - ilovehitler (08/02/2013) [-]
Yeah, no. You're not white.
User avatar #315 to #1 - fuzzypickles (08/02/2013) [-]
why is this getting thumbed up so much? in my school there were five black people in my year, and 22 white/indian/arab/other, there were 4 main class clowns, 1 black 2 white 1 indian.
Its so unfair that an uniformed comment like this gets so thumbed up.
#485 to #315 - katsikis (08/02/2013) [-]
dude you go to a ******* white school. If you go to any school where its majority black, or even 30% black you'll see what we're all talking about.
User avatar #500 to #485 - fuzzypickles (08/02/2013) [-]
lol my school is 33% black
#533 to #500 - katsikis (08/02/2013) [-]
either way if you live in the inner city or an area that isn't flushed with cash the public schools are going to be less than great, mainly because of kids who don't give a **** about learning, most of which are black.
#367 to #1 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
Wow, I feel so sad that so many people think like you do man. I can't believe you got past 300 thumbs... and the people who are shocked are thumbed down...

I know I shouldn't feel that way, we all know the internet overflows with hate and stupidity... anyway, I just wanted to say that.

If it's a joke, it really, really, isn't funny.
#124 to #1 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
And maybe it's also because they don't absolutely hate school like everyone else from every other country in the world.
User avatar #2 to #1 - theturtletrolley (08/01/2013) [-]
I laughed harder than I should have
#441 to #1 - usernamefour (08/02/2013) [-]
All of the black people on this website
User avatar #663 to #441 - fuzzypickles (08/02/2013) [-]
better that than all the white people on this site say ****** every 5 seconds because they are pubescent, thick, and pseudo-anonymous
#534 to #1 - epicawe (08/02/2013) [-]
Damn, this is actually true. The Finnish school system allows teachers to actually punish the kids if they act like little ********* (correct me if I'm wrong), not let them go outside and play football, like here in Norway. The teachers here are weakhearted, and they fear of being being called racists and such, because most of the trouble making brats are in fact foreigners. I remember having an Albanian ******* in my class in junior high who acted like a retarded gangster ****** thug bitch. He seriously ruined every single lecture he was present, basically ruined them for all my classmates. He's often sent hopelesly to the principal, but when to play table tennis instead.
HE'S A FOOKING RETURD.

sorry i get mad thinkin about him
User avatar #61 to #1 - gnillort ONLINE (08/02/2013) [-]
******* . truth.
#182 to #1 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
In all fairness, Finland does have Russia as their neighbour which is pretty much the same thing.
#375 to #182 - luqmanr (08/02/2013) [-]
I bet it's this guy's fault
I bet it's this guy's fault
#201 to #1 - kikisdeliveryservi (08/02/2013) [-]
shadly more ******* are coming to my goddamn country more and more every year
User avatar #26 to #1 - mykoira (08/01/2013) [-]
don't say that, there is at least one black dude in our school
#229 to #1 - shoryuken (08/02/2013) [-]
I laughed because it's true, a lot of black kids from my school either became drug dealers or went to jail.
#242 to #229 - HOBOwithISSUES (08/02/2013) [-]
or they get some girl pregnant and have to skip town
or they get some girl pregnant and have to skip town
User avatar #322 to #229 - fuzzypickles (08/02/2013) [-]
So what conclusions have you drawn from that?
Have you ever stopped and looked at how black people behaved today, and over 30 years ago?
And then realised what the media fed black people today and 30 years ago?
#541 to #322 - nickypickle ONLINE (08/02/2013) [-]
you really, really are new here, aren't you
User avatar #656 to #541 - fuzzypickles (08/02/2013) [-]
nope, been here 12 moths a year, for the last 3 years
User avatar #599 to #1 - nigeltheoutlaw (08/02/2013) [-]
HAHAHAHA ******* ! RITE GUISE? ******* !
#671 to #1 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
Nothing to do with black people, the American educational system for instance is a ******* joke.
User avatar #266 to #1 - highfocus (08/02/2013) [-]
haha you dumb racist ****
User avatar #368 to #1 - alleksi (08/02/2013) [-]
I'm not going to say that that is not true, because it does have some truth behind it.

In Finland, the schools that have a large amount of immigrants are doing much worse than the "whiter" schools.

that being said, for example, Norway's immigration situation is pretty much the same as Finlands, there ain't all that many ******* there, but still in the PISA tests norway has always been below Finland en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programme_for_International_Student_Assessment#Results
#401 to #368 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
> Not many ******* in Norway

Are you serious? Come here and you will see ******* and sand ******* everywhere.
User avatar #402 to #401 - alleksi (08/02/2013) [-]
relatively speaking there isn't many ******* in Norway. they're just concentrated to certain areas, just like in Finland.


You have to look at places France and Germany. those countries actually have a lot of immigrants. Nordic countries are nothing in comparison.
#609 to #1 - alphajunk (08/02/2013) [-]
Its true.
I go to school and the only people who were loud and disruptive were ******* .
They beated me/anybody else up everyday and always called everyone insults, people who never deserved this.
If rapping/hip hop didn't go horribly bad(well i hated rap so **** that ugly **** ) and did'nt inspire other people to do stupid **** . ("ASS MONEY WEED BITCHES HOES)
I wanted to learn without anybody making bad comments

My highschool is ghetto and so was middle school. I know and this is why i love FJ
#256 to #1 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
dey dint do nuffin
User avatar #303 to #1 - sabotagesam (08/02/2013) [-]
But then again, maybe you don't know **** about school systems, social settings and backgrounds, social policies and differences between the USA and Finland. I would go on further assuming that you don't know **** about **** and you're even proud of that. I wouldn't be so ******* angry, if I wasn't studying sociology, and getting these fatuous comments every ******* day.
#428 to #303 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
Well I feel like it's fairly obvious that Finland is not nearly as much of a melting pot as the US is. From what I have read, the Finnish largely resent immigrants as many of them don't bring additional productivity to the nation.

But I don't think that you can argue that the original comment is ENTIRELY wrong. It's actually true, but the reason that it is true is far more cruel and disturbing than this comment in itself.
User avatar #119 to #1 - xdeathspawnx (08/02/2013) [-]
detroit itself probably lowers the national average GPA at least 0.1
#214 to #119 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
0.1? doubt it, it would have to at least be 0.5 nignogs can't even read passed a 3rd grade reading level.
#292 to #214 - theturtletrolley (08/02/2013) [-]
They cant pass anything, Apart from on being a father
User avatar #320 to #292 - fuzzypickles (08/02/2013) [-]
Racism isn't dead apparently.
The people on this site make me hate humanity more and more.
User avatar #326 to #321 - fuzzypickles (08/02/2013) [-]
Bear in the big blue house!! nostalgia trip.

and well no, its not very polite, but neither is "They cant pass anything, Apart from on being a father" along with "you cant put me in jail, im not even a ****** ."
User avatar #329 to #326 - theturtletrolley (08/02/2013) [-]
Its called a joke, This is Funnyjunk not Crylikealittlebitchbecausesomeonesaidsomethingbadjunk
Grow up
User avatar #332 to #329 - fuzzypickles (08/02/2013) [-]
Haha, im not going to carry this conversation on any further, in that reply you proved that your a socially numb fedora wearing kid
#340 to #332 - theturtletrolley (08/02/2013) [-]
You call me the kid yet you're the one moaning because someone said something racist, Im sorry but have you ever been on this site before, Thats all it is
#341 to #332 - iamaniceperson (08/02/2013) [-]
Don't you insult fedoras.
#580 to #341 - illusiveshade **User deleted account** (08/02/2013) [-]
MFW loving watch peeps and their retarded arguments
MFW loving watch peeps and their retarded arguments
#585 to #326 - furiousmarshmellow (08/02/2013) [-]
Oh, quit your winning, you little brat.
Oh, quit your winning, you little brat.
User avatar #660 to #585 - fuzzypickles (08/02/2013) [-]
i mean, i admit i am whining, or as i see, complaining, but what sense does it make to call me a brat
User avatar #670 to #660 - furiousmarshmellow (08/02/2013) [-]
You're annoying.
User avatar #711 to #670 - fuzzypickles (08/03/2013) [-]
and youre a cunt apparantly
User avatar #716 to #711 - furiousmarshmellow (08/03/2013) [-]
I'm a cunt because I point out what you're actually doing?


Yeah...you're an idiot too.
User avatar #658 to #585 - fuzzypickles (08/02/2013) [-]
How does this make me a brat?
User avatar #231 - darksideofthebeast (08/02/2013) [-]
When you don't force something on someone they tend to like it more...
This is no surprise to me.
#245 to #231 - lifeiscool **User deleted account** (08/02/2013) [-]
Indeed! This also applies to raising kids, I've noticed.
User avatar #246 to #245 - darksideofthebeast (08/02/2013) [-]
This applies to everything in my opinion
Religion especially.
#247 to #246 - lifeiscool **User deleted account** (08/02/2013) [-]
Kinda, I haven't really cared about religion since i was just a little kid, since3 my parents didn't force it in any way, and i just resigned from the church... It's more like "When you don't force something on someone they get a more open idea of it, and tend to more easier think positively about the subject in case" ?
User avatar #249 to #247 - darksideofthebeast (08/02/2013) [-]
I only recently gave up on religion.
#250 to #249 - lifeiscool **User deleted account** (08/02/2013) [-]
That wasn't really my point... anyways, while we're on it, why did you "give up" ?
User avatar #255 to #250 - darksideofthebeast (08/02/2013) [-]
I realized its just based around fear.
I shouldn't have to fear my God or fear that he will send me to hell.
#257 to #255 - lifeiscool **User deleted account** (08/02/2013) [-]
Interesting! Now depending on your country, you might wanna apply the same logic to living there.
User avatar #280 to #257 - darksideofthebeast (08/02/2013) [-]
what do you mean?
#362 to #280 - lifeiscool **User deleted account** (08/02/2013) [-]
Give up on your country, in case It's based around fear? You shouldn't have to fear your country or that it will send you to bad places... either jail or death...
User avatar #376 to #362 - darksideofthebeast (08/02/2013) [-]
I hate my country also.
I live in America and have no respect for it either...
#129 - eyeballfrog (08/02/2013) [-]
&quot;dividing children into sets based on ability is illegal&quot;   
   
That seems unwise. The geniuses and the retards have different needs, and you're doing no one any favors by treating them the same.   
   
gif mostly unrelated
"dividing children into sets based on ability is illegal"

That seems unwise. The geniuses and the retards have different needs, and you're doing no one any favors by treating them the same.

gif mostly unrelated
#191 to #129 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
this simply means that the less intelligent aren't discriminated or left behind in education, the smarter kids will get into better schools later on etc. and receive education on a level most suitable for them
User avatar #209 to #129 - TheBigGummyBear ONLINE (08/02/2013) [-]
my little brother was treated as a 'special' child at school even though he only had mild problems he was treated as a baby when he was in grade 5. He actually ended up getting similar grades to mine in high school and I did quite well. He did poorly in public years because he was treated as a retard and therefore felt that he was.

By surrounding someone with certain types of people, they become those people.
#309 to #129 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
No. The idea that everybody is dealt with the same cards in the beginning. You will get basic education and you literally learn the basics. Then people can go where they want to. Highschool, polytechnical and after that uni. etc... But yeah we have special programs too though. Just my two cent...
#466 to #129 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
Einstein was dyslexic of course not al dslicx poeple will have sa e intellect just same as normal student being able to understand basic maths but have no issue as well poeple it about treating them the same if extra help is need it is given to them as you can tell I was one of those kid with learning difficultys I still have my issue is not with language it self I know difference in such cases as your and you're there their etc my issue I don't realise I've used one for the other it how my mind works for example here the word of I see it as ov itsead of of its so thing I learned but I can't unlearn it all I can do is go through it and make sure it correct after I am done I don't do it on this website since you aren't going to need it since well it time it takes me to sort can't take me an hour for a 500 word report so I get poeple thread for me it does help but this issue s for life for someeinstin mangrd to sort his issue out I can't but that doesn't mean that he didn't suffer it
0
#545 to #129 - toneboi **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
#562 to #129 - comradvlad (08/02/2013) [-]
This only works when the majority of people is on the same level. Yes there will be a few tard but they wont draag everyone down cause there is a few. Yes there will be a few geniuses and they will still achieve whatever because they will be working hard and doing other work outside of class. The system in america is failing because the majority are tards AND they keep lowering the standards to make tards normal. This means the average ids get dragged down as well. The smart ones well they do the same things the smart kids everywhere do and get ahead.
#640 to #129 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
Maybe you are still wrong, even though what you said makes sense to some degree?
I mean, they are still doing best. WORLD Wide. Oh, i wonder why.
User avatar #233 to #129 - coolcalx (08/02/2013) [-]
when I was in public school (America), I was put into the "gifted" classes because I had an above-average IQ.

it was awesome, because we were learning algebra when I was only in like 4th or 5th grade (so 10 or 11 years old, right?), and they generally stimulated our creativity and taught us to use our intelligence the best we could.

when I got to high school, we still had our gifted class for my freshman year, but after that, they cancelled it, and fired the lady in charge of it (they later re-hired her and made her a secretary).

what kind of school destroys a program designed to stimulate intelligent kids, and help the gifted and intelligent youth better themselves? like.. what the **** , man? THAT'S WHAT THE SCHOOL IS DESIGNED TO DO.

also, public schools are starting to assimilate the mentally challenged kids into the regular-ed classes, which is honestly detrimental to their development, and it slows down everyone's learning.
(my mother worked as a special-ed instructor for a long time, and now she teaches freshman history for several regular classes, a retarded/ED class, and an honors class, so she sees how the assimilation affects how they learn)
User avatar #235 to #233 - coolcalx (08/02/2013) [-]
oh yeah, my point was that treating everyone the same is bad when they simply aren't the same.

god, I hated sitting in class with all the "normal" kids.
I had to take a regular English class, and my god, the "normal" kids were so. ******* . stupid.

there was a kid in my astronomy class who thought the Moon was a star... and he was "normal."

I'm so glad those people don't make it to college.
User avatar #400 to #235 - elcreepo ONLINE (08/02/2013) [-]
You tried a lot less hard because of it, I bet. This is why I hate equality in education.

In my school system, you could get into harder classes based on what you did the year previous. My first year they put me into college prep english (a level above the stupids in general, where most normal kids are) because my English teachers in middle school were dickwads.

The next year I was in honors, and I made it into the advanced preparation class by senior year (the only year they HAVE ap english). Passed it with a B+.

The problem was though that by my senior year the guidance councilors were forcing teachers into tossing everyone, regardless of skill level, into advanced preparation. So my AP teacher had to deal with tossing them back out for the first quarter.
#349 to #235 - thatonecommunist ONLINE (08/02/2013) [-]
I made it into the gifted courses.

I begged to be let out, because, that's more work.
Never went at all.
I regret nothing.
User avatar #662 to #349 - coolcalx (08/02/2013) [-]
ours was optional once we got to high school. if you wanted to go, you could. if not, you didn't have to be there.
User avatar #396 to #129 - elcreepo ONLINE (08/02/2013) [-]
This. If you put retards with smart kids and grade them just the same then the smart kids won't try as hard because they don't need to.

It's a basic fact of communism and the reason it doesn't work.
#153 to #129 - monkeyheadbsc (08/02/2013) [-]
Who said they are treated the same? They are just not devided. You can always differentiate within a class. Thats more effort for the teacher, but they get more money and have more time giving individual care.
#243 - zomitlu (08/02/2013) [-]
If my school didn't put people into sets based on ability I would have killed myself then and there.
User avatar #421 to #243 - weenieandthebutt (08/02/2013) [-]
I know that feeling. I was so ******* god damn happy when I was doing my GCSEs and moved up to the top set amongst pupils who actually want to learn. Then during the final year, my science class suddenly became somewhat mixed ability (or they just incredibly lowered the standard) where some of the ******* were in my class. They were so god damn disruptive and at times, just not a good environment.
#28 - anon (08/01/2013) [-]
"Finland has topped pretty much every educational league table ever."

Sounds like a solid, cited fact.
User avatar #364 to #28 - alleksi (08/02/2013) [-]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programme_for_International_Student_Assessment#Results

I believe it is talking about the PISA tests. sure, it is overgeneralizing an awful lot by saying "every educational league table ever"
+8
#216 - jaergerjaquez **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
#576 to #216 - spacestalin (08/02/2013) [-]
So? I see no problem in paying taxes as long as I see a clear benefit from it
Taxes are not an evil scheme for "The Man" to take your money, they are an agreed fee to fund what everyone needs and uses (education, roads, health).
Taxes are only bad when they're high for no discernible reason (paying 20% tax and having ****** roads) then you know something fishy is happening, but if you can clearly see the difference your taxes make there's no reason to complain.
+1
#706 to #576 - jaergerjaquez **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #710 to #706 - spacestalin (08/03/2013) [-]
Oh, for a second there I thought you were against tax funding...
Yeah, I agree with you. Though with the current system, raising taxes will just serve to stuff politician's pockets even more, because the system is barely functional as it is.
We first need a complete re-evaluation of our priorities and the policies we've enacted, not only in the US, but in a lot of places too.
User avatar #157 - mion (08/02/2013) [-]
It's an easy concept. I wonder how no country gets it.

Germany tries to improve every year in league tables and yet fails every year and thus they're making it harder, because they think: "Oh, Finnish pupils are more intelligent than ours? Better let them do harder stuff, that'll fix the problem".

Truth is: School should be made by people who aren't either complete morons or 80 years old. And I truly never got how they don't just accept former pupils (i.e. pupils who've graduaded not more than 3 years ago) to help them. They know better than those pricks.
#90 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
the problem with american school systems is that they are passing people that didn't do anything. It is illegal to hold back someone in elementary. How is that fair ? If a kid can't read at a second grade level how is he expected to read at a third grade level next year? In detroit right now 80% of highschool graduates have a grade 3 reading level. How can they get jobs? How can they do anything for that matter. The worst part is most of the time the kid gets prescribed ritalin for having "adhd" when really he's just stupid. The pills remove all motivation and it makes the student worse. And sometimes they drag in a second teacher especially for that one kid who in the end disrupts the class even more. It's like their system is purposely meant to ruin future generations and to breed first class idiots to run our "workforce". I am disgusted that my taxes go to those detroit ****** welfare checks. Does anyone else agree ?
#93 to #90 - mreggsalad (08/02/2013) [-]
I think the way you phrased that sentence made your comment 1000% better. "Detroit ****** wellfare checks." you sir, have my thumbs.
#106 to #90 - oneironeer (08/02/2013) [-]
When I was in the first grade my school tried to hold me back because I wasn't "interactive enough with my peers", which they saw as a vital stepping stone for social development. It's like what the **** , I did all the work now you're going to hold me back for not talking much? **** that **** . I think the main issue is just that a bunch idiots run the education system, which in turn causes issues like the fore-mentioned stated.
User avatar #180 to #106 - hotsaws (08/02/2013) [-]
If I had been held back every time my teachers complained I didn't talk to other people enough, I'd still be sitting in kindergarten, reviewing the letter G.
User avatar #114 to #90 - LiamNeeson (08/02/2013) [-]
You need to do some research. The 80% of highschools in _____ reading at a _______ level starts from two articles. One by CBC, the other by the Huffington post. Both completely dumbed down by the title. The CBC one said 80% of NYC students were illiterate. The actual fact was that they weren't ready for a college program. And that was 80% of the applying group.

The HP article said 80% of American high schoolers read at a 5th grade level, but it was actually that they were reading 5th grade books. The most popular series at that time? The Hunger Games, which dominated the top 3 of almost all upper grades, just as Harry Potter would have years before. But The Hunher games is considered a 5th grade level book. Lord of the Flies is considered 5th grade too, The Great Gatsby on a 7th, Romeo and Juliet 8th, hell, 1984 is considered grade 8 and Animal Farm grade 7. More info here: You need to login to view this link
User avatar #183 to #114 - hotsaws (08/02/2013) [-]
When you say Romeo and Juliet is 8th grade reading level, do you mean the translation or in Shakespearean? In freshman year we read the original and I found pretty difficult.
User avatar #185 to #183 - LiamNeeson (08/02/2013) [-]
Original text with meanings for certain words on the next page.
User avatar #187 to #185 - hotsaws (08/02/2013) [-]
Oh, I see. I never got any translation for that story, had to figure that out myself. Last year I did read Othello, with the original text on one page, and a modern translation on the other. Sorry, but that dialect is just difficult to pick up.
#117 to #90 - zaphodcoolfrood (08/02/2013) [-]
I personally blame NCLB for the majority of these problems in the American public school system. It was really just a ****** piece of legislature that made everything worse. Thankfully, all 50 states have recently developed a new national curriculum that is going to standardize education in the country.

TL;DR It's **** now, but it looks like it's going to start improving.
#135 to #90 - reycall (08/02/2013) [-]
although you are right about certified practitioners being an issue, it is still not the sole reason that the Americas and other places in the world wont ever reach the levels of education Finland is setting the bar for. our entire system is ******* horrendous. No amount of good teachers will make it as good as theirs.
0
#223 to #90 - bateking has deleted their comment [-]
#122 to #90 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
mmmmmm.....no.....it's not illegal to hold kids back in elementary school. I know a couple of people who were held back in 3rd grade.
User avatar #238 to #122 - HOBOwithISSUES (08/02/2013) [-]
the school cant force you to get held back but your parents, if they see that you need it, can hold you back a grade
User avatar #407 to #238 - elcreepo ONLINE (08/02/2013) [-]
When I was in elementary school about a decade and a half ago they could force a kid to be held back. I knew some second graders who got held back, and I was grateful because they were smelly or annoyingly stupid and held the whole class up.
#92 to #90 - bfudge (08/02/2013) [-]
**bfudge rolled a random image posted in comment #572 at Title ** Lets see what sticks.
User avatar #94 to #90 - drewbridge (08/02/2013) [-]
And yes, they legitimately drug boys for being boys.

Years ago, 2 of our friends had to take medication because they were prepubescent males. That **** makes you skinny and I don't think actually helps.
#76 - arnoldbusk (08/02/2013) [-]
Is that not normal?


Oh, forgot how good it felt to be part of the nordic masterrace
0
#152 to #76 - zmbz **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #161 to #76 - quantumlegend ONLINE (08/02/2013) [-]
I didn't realize you were still alive
User avatar #729 to #76 - revengeforfreeze (01/27/2014) [-]
alekksandar
#730 to #729 - alekksandar (01/27/2014) [-]
Reporting for Duty
User avatar #170 to #76 - afrodemon (08/02/2013) [-]
you wanna know the best part about norway? we got oil and democracy. because nothing says "FU USA" more than that
User avatar #657 to #170 - stripey (08/02/2013) [-]
Why does having oil and democracy say **** you to the U.S.?
#634 to #76 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
Except that it's the same schooling system we have too
User avatar #84 to #76 - derein (08/02/2013) [-]
It makes me sad that I'm not Nordic. A lot of my favorite people are Swedish.
User avatar #298 to #84 - TexMex (08/02/2013) [-]
Who are these people? I'm swedish myself so I'm pretty interested.
User avatar #642 to #298 - derein (08/02/2013) [-]
Gustavus Adolphus (Yeah, he's a 17th century ruler, but he was pretty damn awesome), Eric the Pagan (Mostly because of how far Catholic conversion stretched in Sweden in 1066, he still managed to be a contender for the throne), Alfred Nobel, and a number of metal vocalists.
#692 to #642 - TexMex (08/02/2013) [-]
Whoah that's a lot better than I expected, nice.
Whoah that's a lot better than I expected, nice.
User avatar #91 to #76 - icelandicjesus (08/02/2013) [-]
*Proud*
User avatar #453 to #91 - daentraya (08/02/2013) [-]
I'm not proud. I'm just darn happy to be from Skandinavia
#275 to #91 - zsabber (08/02/2013) [-]
captain Proud
captain Proud
User avatar #488 - pandamoncia (08/02/2013) [-]
Failed to mention that they every year, hand pick students for their national tests.
So the "stupid", or "Less intelligent" children are not allowed to participate
#678 to #72 - abortionclinic (08/02/2013) [-]
Torilla tavataan
User avatar #5 - rikter (08/01/2013) [-]
You actually can start school at age six. The Finnish school system is made out to be great, but it really has some problems. One of the greater problems is that the teachers can't do much about the more troublesome kids disrupting others, and that means that the whole class can suffer as a result. On the other hand the teaching is really hands on, and if a student needs assistance they will receive it. The one thing that all these stories leave out is that homes and parents are very active during the early school years, and that means that the kids will receive support and assistance at home too. I have personally experienced the system as working, but I've also seen some of my friends being screwed over.
User avatar #310 to #5 - angelious (08/02/2013) [-]
yh there is the special education class(or something) where people not behaving themself/having trouble learning

are sent

i went to one of those due to my behaviour towards people in general
User avatar #314 to #310 - rikter (08/02/2013) [-]
Some times that works, but in my experience those sent to special education (or whatever) weren't the real issue. A friend was sent to special education because he wouldn't talk to anybody but his friends, while a violent, and noisy, jackass couldn't be dealt with because he was so out of control.
User avatar #317 to #314 - angelious (08/02/2013) [-]
dont really understand why they would send people like that over there.

i was send for disrespecting my teacher and telling another one to "go **** himself"

but in our school it really worked well with the class
#312 to #5 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
Yeah, teachers have had their rights stripped here. Kids showing up drunk and with knives... It's a bit silly honestly....
#469 to #5 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
There is no perfect system that's pipe dream
User avatar #471 to #469 - rikter (08/02/2013) [-]
Wow, really? I have been enlightened and enriched by this knowledge, which I did not already possess.
User avatar #6 to #5 - rikter (08/01/2013) [-]
Also the bit about uniforms. There might not be one but that doesn't mean that there aren't silent rules and norms. I received pressure to get rid of my ponytail, and some of my goth friends got the same thing for their appearance. All I've said is based on my own experience, and might not apply to every school and every person. Thought it should still be said
User avatar #146 to #6 - vicsix (08/02/2013) [-]
Dude, I'd rather have a dress code, than a ******* uniform. After a while, you really start to feel like you are going crazy. I have literally had problems where I would blink and see every person near me in Dark blue collared shirts and khakis. They wonder why kids shoot up schools.
User avatar #293 to #146 - stanleys (08/02/2013) [-]
At my school we a have dress code to polo shirts only, and they must be solid grey, yellow, white, or maroon. As for pants, it's usually khaki pants or cargo shorts, usually a khaki or similar color. I really don't think it's that bad but dear god, the bitching people do about the dress code is ridiculous. The only argument that I agree with is the fact that polos are hot as hell and probably only a fourth of the classrooms have air conditioning
User avatar #197 to #146 - viperish (08/02/2013) [-]
I lold.

-
User avatar #198 to #197 - vicsix (08/02/2013) [-]
It's not funny, it's torture.
User avatar #319 to #6 - angelious (08/02/2013) [-]
i had long hair and never received any **** for it.and the goth girls of our school were also left in peace
User avatar #334 to #319 - rikter (08/02/2013) [-]
I am so goddamn jealous right now. For me it was first the hair, then the pants, then the piercings. I didn't like the treatment.
User avatar #351 to #334 - angelious (08/02/2013) [-]
oh well. to be fair i think my school had other things to worry about than the way people dressed.


after all my class was given the title of being the worst behaving students the teachers had ever seen in their co rear
User avatar #171 - kwanzalord (08/02/2013) [-]
This environment breeds the idea of studying and education being "fun".
Therefore more students get behind their studying and do great.

Opposed to hard core competition.
Japan is now having the problem that students are no longer going to school due to how much pressure they feel.
Kids are slowly degrading. This is actually true in other asian countries too.
0
#174 to #171 - longersback has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #175 to #174 - kwanzalord (08/02/2013) [-]
I lol'd I have no idea why you lol'd hahahahaa
0
#177 to #175 - longersback has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #186 to #177 - kwanzalord (08/02/2013) [-]
You are mistaken on a few points.

1) It is only compulsory up until high school
Therefore, students are not required to attend school past 9th grade.

So yes, students can "stop" attending school once they are done with middle school.

Just because a law says one thing, that doesn't mean people will follow it at all times.
Some reasons why they don't attend school
1) delinquency
2) bullying

and how they get away with it (even though it's the law)
1)Teachers do not want themselves or the school to be held responsible for it, so let it slide to not bring attention to it
2) Teachers do not want that student to attend anyways, it may rub off on the others (bad attitude, depression)
User avatar #178 to #177 - morbidbreath (08/02/2013) [-]
its a law? sauce plz
0
#179 to #178 - longersback has deleted their comment [-]
#565 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
Well maybe cause Finland doesn't have so many ******* ******* and sand ******* like the rest of Wetsern and Northern Europe.
User avatar #572 to #565 - kyoutu (08/02/2013) [-]
Actually sand ******* tend to do quite well in school. Hence why there is so many sand ****** doctors. Form my experience at school they respected that they could get a good education in school and the white British kids took it for granted and a lot of them ****** it up.

******* though, they're stupid.
#581 to #572 - PVTDickStryker ONLINE (08/02/2013) [-]
Top student in my highschool was a sand 			******		, top student in my vocational dual enrollment was a 			******		.   
   
   
 Feelin da heat, crackah?
Top student in my highschool was a sand ****** , top student in my vocational dual enrollment was a ****** .


Feelin da heat, crackah?
User avatar #613 to #581 - rubixium (08/02/2013) [-]
I thought segregated schools were illegal.
#605 to #565 - funmanigro (08/02/2013) [-]
/po/ pls go
User avatar #568 to #565 - emostrawberry (08/02/2013) [-]
Actually they do...... i live half of my life in Finland, Turku is full of *******
+1
#569 to #565 - asdborg has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #104 - galgawine (08/02/2013) [-]
My American School:
-No uniforms
-No entrance Exams
-No fees
-wtf is a league table
-wtf is an ofsted inspection
-Kids can choose whether they want easier or harder classes, no one forces them to be separated
-I don't call any of my teachers by anything other than their first name unless i have a witty nickname for them.
- I rarely even have homework I need to take home with me because I can just do it in school and it never takes long.
-Finland, your school system is not that special.
#727 to #104 - anon (08/08/2013) [-]
Well where does america rank in education??? Excatly, lmaoooooo
#140 to #104 - thisisausernamec (08/02/2013) [-]
sounds like a really easy dumb school haha
User avatar #149 to #140 - WolfRider (08/02/2013) [-]
like he said
you can pretty much choose to be smart or not in schools around here
User avatar #278 to #104 - skaffanl (08/02/2013) [-]
I think that the fact that a whole country upholds these rules is pretty special. I mean, not all American schools follow this policy right? You just mentioned one school while OP mentioned all schools within an entire country, that is a big difference to me.

My opinion on the matter: Children are 'forced' to choose way too much for their age when it comes to the future of his/her life. At the age of 12 I had to choose the difficulty of my education for the upcoming 6 years while I didn't even know what would happen. It's ******* ridiculous.
User avatar #176 to #104 - newforomador (08/02/2013) [-]
At my school we always call the teachers Mr. or Mrs. whatever their last name is, but simply as a matter of respect. Sometimes we might think of a nickname for them that we start calling them, but other then that we use their last name.
User avatar #430 to #176 - crampers (08/02/2013) [-]
top lel, in my school we just adressed the teachers as friends
User avatar #503 to #104 - eatchickendaily (08/02/2013) [-]
My American public school:
-No uniforms
-No entrance exams
-No fees to actually be in the school, but fees for the school year (quite reasonable though)
-No idea what league tables/ofsted inspections are, therefore my school doesn't have them
-Kids decide for themselves what classes to take, I'm in higher level classes myself because I want to become an actuary
-About 70% of each grade is in the lowest possible level of each class though
-Refer to teachers as Mr./Mrs., it's more about respect for the teacher than anything else
-Even in my higher level classes, probably about an hour-90 mins homework each night, but usually no more than half an hour per class
-7 50-minute periods each day + lunch (half an hour), four core subjects (math, science, english, social studies) and three of anything from study hall to underwater basket weaving to Ancient Greek
-My school has the 4th largest enrollment in the state (2500+ students)
-It's probably about 80% white, I rarely see anyone who can't make friends because of how diverse everyone's interests are
-How would you rate my school from 1-10?
User avatar #582 to #104 - butonmethitis (08/02/2013) [-]
But then again, are your school at the top of the enducation league?
User avatar #632 to #104 - aviators (08/02/2013) [-]
I'm right there with you dude. The only "teacher" i call "Mr" is our weight trainer. And we either call him Mr.G or Johnny rain cloud.

But yeah, my school sounds just as awesome as yours.
#493 to #104 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
Ofsted inspection is were a group of governing bodies come into the school/college for like a week and asses the school/college on things such as working environment
#550 to #104 - bongconnery (08/02/2013) [-]
I feel like you're just in the retard classes
I feel like you're just in the retard classes
#638 to #104 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
You just skipped all the important details about how their entire infrastructure is based upon the fact that the system is liquid. People are not enforced to do anything in general.
Just like Norwegian prison's, we rehabilitate people instead of enslaving them and trap them (in 99.99999% of the cases, breivik will stay in jail forever).
Also, what american school you go to makes a huge difference.
The YouTuber "Woodysgamertag" had the ********* grades i have heard of, but thanks to being able to go to a good school, he got his **** together and at least got good education going for him.

Down the rabbit hole ****** , don't skim the surface.
User avatar #383 to #104 - elcreepo ONLINE (08/02/2013) [-]
If you're in middle school then you have it easy, wait until high school and you can cross off whether or not you can choose to be in an easier system, you MUST call teachers by their last name and you will have a ******* of homework.

That is, if you go to a public school worth anything.
User avatar #592 to #383 - galgawine (08/02/2013) [-]
I'm going to be a senior in High School next year and my school is seen as one of the best in my state. The State is Vermont though so we are very liberal and theres not as much competition for something like that cause we are so small. I'm sure schools in other states or even in vermont have it harder than us.
User avatar #506 to #383 - Fgner (08/02/2013) [-]
I went to a great high school (only for two years before I went to college early) and no - it's pretty much the same. You can make it hard yourself, but in reality if you try the slightest, it's a breeze.
User avatar #311 to #104 - zhanxious (08/02/2013) [-]
How old are you? 8?
#438 to #104 - kenleyP (08/02/2013) [-]
But is your school at the top of any education tables? I think not
#673 to #104 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
>go to one of top three schools in Colorado
>uniforms (just a polo and khaki or navy blue shorts)
>entrance exam ( not really to get in just for placement)
> ******* $11,500 tuition and forced to buy $800 ipad
>honors and remedial classes, super smart kids just take the grade level up for the course
>mr. Or mrs.
> considered an elite school in Colorado, actually not that hard 2 hours of homework
> I think the school just worked up a name for themselves and made it easy
> easy school = high gpa, excellent school for athletics. 99% go to college 1% goes military
User avatar #635 to #104 - masturbed (08/02/2013) [-]
And even after that you dont know what your country is called.
#338 to #104 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
But America has one of the worst educational systems of the first world countries...
#628 to #104 - jewinashoe (08/02/2013) [-]
The difference is their educational system is rated #2 in the world only behind korea
#331 to #104 - jiipee (08/02/2013) [-]
Oh you dont have fees in normal schools in America.. that's cute.

In Finland College is completely free, University is completely free. So is pretty much everything else; healtcare, dentalcare .. how bout there in mmmurica?
#564 to #104 - zerath (08/02/2013) [-]
My School.
-Uniforms... Custom made suits and **** ...
-No entrance exams.
-No fees
-League table?
-Ofsted inspection every three years
-Not even allowed to say teachers last name or frist name... just sir or mrs/miss
-Five pieces of homework a week lasting an hour each
My ******* school is owned by another company...
#521 to #104 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
its more talking about the fact that they are still at the top, ass-hat
User avatar #251 to #104 - thefatmanster (08/02/2013) [-]
Here in mexico you MUST have a very short hair cut or you will be suspended, thats ******* retarded, they think we are in a ******* military base.
User avatar #286 to #251 - burtgasm (08/02/2013) [-]
That's a stupid ******* rule. What reason do they have for that **** ?
User avatar #679 to #286 - thefatmanster (08/02/2013) [-]
I don't know man, they are ******* retarded, i always say that if we go comfortable to school we will learn better, you know, no uniforms and stupid rules like the short hair cut, anyway our education sistem sucks massive dicks.
User avatar #680 to #679 - burtgasm (08/02/2013) [-]
I can see by the way you spelled system
User avatar #681 to #680 - thefatmanster (08/02/2013) [-]
oh! sorry, i'm not very good at english yet, thanks for the correction!
User avatar #682 to #681 - burtgasm (08/02/2013) [-]
haha dont worry english is ******* weird sometimes
#390 to #104 - anon (08/02/2013) [-]
have fun working at McDonalds bitch!
User avatar #225 to #104 - therealtjthemedic (08/02/2013) [-]
My schooling
-uniforms (seriously, ties, tucked in shirts ******* annoying)
-entrance exams
-fees n ****
-i dont even know what this is
-nor this
-You HAVE to be seperated into groups
-must call teachers Mr. or Ms.
- ********* of homework, literally HOURS of work each night
i wish it wasn't that special
#445 to #225 - vodnuth (08/02/2013) [-]
Private school education? Conditions were the same for me and I went to a private school.
User avatar #449 to #445 - therealtjthemedic (08/02/2013) [-]
eyup
had to, cause i was in a foreign country
User avatar #476 to #449 - trojanmannn (08/02/2013) [-]
I am in a private school now, one of the hardest in the nation and it is just terrible. During the school year my butthole is loaded with homework each night and it's a struggle to maintain a 3.0
User avatar #307 to #225 - octaviano (08/02/2013) [-]
My School?
-No Uniforms
-No Entrance Exams, or so I have not heared
-120€ per Week, because whoknows
-?
-??
-Only Grouping is whenether you want to learn Latin or French, or if you take Religion or 'Werte und Normen', which is bascicly 'look at all the different views, you atheist/noncatholics!'
-Mr. or Ms., but occasional funnames with lesser strict teachers.
-Not that much homework, but...bleh.
User avatar #282 to #225 - hawaiianhappysauce (08/02/2013) [-]
My Schooling
- No uniforms (woohooo!)
- entrance exams with a 10% chance of getting in (a You need to login to view this link )
- No Fees (woohoo)
- ????
- ????
- You are seperated into 2 groups: Those who learn french and spanish
- call teachers by Mr. or Ms.
- Get home from school around 4:30 PM, have 4 hours of homework a day and that's excluding tons of projects due within a week and one long term project due in 6 months and another engineering project due in 3 months. Not to mention you have to do 124 hours of community service.
User avatar #486 - nustix (08/02/2013) [-]
How is dividing kids in groups based on abilities a bad thing? You should teach kids what they need, in The Netherlands you get divided in different levels of education, somebody who is bad at learning but great in practical skills get taught what they need rather than algebra.
User avatar #494 to #486 - portucheese (08/02/2013) [-]
In Portugal it's everyone in the same class: the Einsteins, the genius, the smart, the normal, the dumb, the stupid, and Meg.
User avatar #495 to #494 - portucheese (08/02/2013) [-]
And, in the end, this is a good thing because we learn how to deal with diferente people
User avatar #505 to #495 - nustix (08/02/2013) [-]
True, I sometimes forget how ignorant people can be but still, I would hate it to be in the same class as someone who doesn't understand basic algebra, now we can fully focus us on the more complex stuff.
#508 to #505 - portucheese (08/02/2013) [-]
Welcome to my life
[ 664 comments ]
Leave a comment
 Friends (0)