Dreamcast Feels. Aw... YO ii ii' iii'; fufill am‘ IN EDGE SEFF' |’ S PRESIDENT ISAID FILL l" HIS DICKIN TD Foam EDITH} DUE TD THE FAMILURE THE . HE DIED SUBMITT dream cast feels sega Damn right in the
x

Dreamcast Feels

YO ii
ii' iii'; fufill am‘
IN EDGE SEFF' |’ S PRESIDENT ISAID
FILL l" HIS DICKIN
TD Foam
EDITH} DUE TD THE FAMILURE
THE . HE DIED
SUBMITTED BY f:
...
  • Recommend tagsx
+1250
Views: 47469
Favorited: 56
Submitted: 06/19/2013
Share On Facebook
Add to favorites Subscribe to liquidvoodoo submit to reddit

Comments(139):

[ 139 comments ]
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
+57
#21 - anothereposter **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
#4 - snowshark (06/19/2013) [-]
Story time:

> Be me.
> 6 years old.
> 2002.
> Ask dad for Playstation2 because I played my cousin's and loved Ratchet and Clank.
> Gets dreamcast instead.
> Complain because I was a **** when I was 6.
> Play console anyway.
> Two weeks later after playing the hell out of Fur Fighters and Sonic Adventures 1 & 2.
> Give dad biggest hug of his life.

> 19 now.
> Every year on my birthday we dust off the old Dreamcast and play each other for hours.
> I'm a lot better than him but I let him win anyway because he did it for me when I was a kid.

When I came to the internet for the first time and found out the dreamcast was called a failure it hurt, because nothing could be further from the truth for me. It was the best thing that had ever happened in my life when I was 6 and I'd be a different guy without it.

Thanks SEGA.
#18 to #4 - goobyman (06/20/2013) [-]
did i hear fur fighters?
IT DOESN'T WORK. What do i do now?
User avatar #27 to #18 - snowshark (06/20/2013) [-]
Wow, dude. That sucks... Fur Fighters is one of the best games I've ever played. Fantastic humour, great gameplay. Good mix of shooting and platforming and puzzle solving.

A tad easy but it really bites that Fur Fighters didn't stick. I LOVE the game so god-damn much!
User avatar #28 to #27 - goobyman (06/20/2013) [-]
i only got to the stage with the shopping center.
User avatar #29 to #28 - snowshark (06/20/2013) [-]
That's probably Lower East Quack. New Quack City has some great and memorable levels, but then again, so does every hub in the game.

I highly suggest you seek out a copy that does work or maybe get Viggo's Revenge for the PS2. The Cell-Shaded graphics are a real detriment to the style of the game in my opinion but at least you'd be able to play it.
User avatar #78 to #18 - carmichael (06/20/2013) [-]
might be because your pc is too new/good for the old games. Go find an old pc or see if you can run it in konfigurated mode (run as windows 98 or something like that)
User avatar #79 to #78 - goobyman (06/20/2013) [-]
what is this thing called where you can emulate a pc within a pc? that might work.
User avatar #80 to #79 - carmichael (06/20/2013) [-]
you could try to rightclick the games icon and go to preferences and from there force it to run with an older windows system
#47 to #4 - anon (06/20/2013) [-]
How are you 19
User avatar #73 to #4 - NataliePsycho (06/20/2013) [-]
I remember playing Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast. No game will ever replace it; I still remember the moment I defeated Chaos at the end...
#132 to #73 - Bobtheblob (06/20/2013) [-]
That's blue as 			****		.
That's blue as **** .
User avatar #82 to #4 - deathdiedead (06/20/2013) [-]
My father is dead
#86 to #82 - iregisteredfornsfw (06/20/2013) [-]
no dreamcast for you
User avatar #97 to #4 - mrbuu (06/20/2013) [-]
ratchet and clank is the only reason i wanted a ps3 and probly the ps4. i stoped after the 3rd one. i should ask my sister if she still has my ps2 and games. i got my memory card.
User avatar #101 to #97 - snowshark (06/20/2013) [-]
I've never gotten a playstation because I really hate using the controller. The dualshock looks nice but it's much too small for my hands. The XBox controller fits much more snugly in my mitts. (Also the dreamcast's giant controller.)

I also dislike the placement of the thumbsticks. The consoles are always decent but the controller just feels too light and awkward for me to enjoy playing with it.
User avatar #102 to #101 - mrbuu (06/20/2013) [-]
you are right the ps3 and such controlers suck do they honestly think only kids and midgets play it? I wish sony would just make a contoler i can use... that is why i got a 360 and cost 200$ less. who needs blue ray when you don't have an HDTV
User avatar #109 to #102 - snowshark (06/20/2013) [-]
Aye, and it's also why I'm going for the XBoner. Now that the horrible policies have been dropped it's just down to the personal preference in games, companies and aesthetics and personally I prefer the XBoner setup thusfar. I'm still gonna call it the XBoner but I can't stand the thought of using those thumbsticks...

Also, the setup looks a lot more like facebook than a game's console from that new video. I'm all for social-ness but it seems cluttered and hap-hazard.
#113 to #4 - anon (06/20/2013) [-]
***** u r 18 fo sho
#120 to #4 - anon (06/20/2013) [-]
I know that feels. My dad got me a Dreamcast, used to play Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six so ****** much
User avatar #121 to #4 - kyrozor (06/20/2013) [-]
******* this.

Dreamcast was the best **** ever. I love all the games, Sonic Adventure (Which i played for the longest time without a memory card) So every time I played it for long enough to play a different character or even the one time I actually finished it I was left in awe. There was crazy taxi and Jet Set Radio and well as Soul reaver and Sonic shuffle. **** was amazing.
User avatar #13 to #4 - tonkkax (06/20/2013) [-]
Well i had the Jaguar 64, i loved it as a kid.

Turns out it was the laughing stock of all video game consoles.
#14 to #13 - esunabusy (06/20/2013) [-]
Don't feel bad. You have every right to find joy in anything you can. Personally.. I think Philips CDi was the worst console.. but.. yeah.
#98 to #14 - butterisgood (06/20/2013) [-]
Where did you learn to fly?   
Where did you learn to fly?   
Where did you learn to fly?Where did you learn to fly?
Where did you learn to fly?
Where did you learn to fly?
Where did you learn to fly?Where did you learn to fly?
User avatar #19 to #14 - tonkkax (06/20/2013) [-]
I have that game but i never actually played it.

I just played Zool 2 and Rayman.
#48 to #4 - mainlymanly (06/20/2013) [-]
I'm a nintendo man, but by joe that ******* touched me in all the right places
PIC ******* RELATED
User avatar #5 to #4 - wellimnotsure (06/20/2013) [-]
you aged 13 years in 11 years? well done
User avatar #6 to #5 - snowshark (06/20/2013) [-]
And I just realised I put a 6 rather than an 8.

That's what I get for posting after midnight...
User avatar #34 to #6 - fukkendragonite (06/20/2013) [-]
You did that twice you know. Just saying.
#11 - Jesusnipples ONLINE (06/20/2013) [-]
Wait, what?
I had a Dreamcast - still do - and I love that ****** .
I played both the original Sonic Adventure games on there, and they were ******* amazing. The Dreamcast was a success in my book at least...
User avatar #41 to #11 - themabymaby (06/20/2013) [-]
SEGA of Japan ****** everything over, and the PS2 delivered the final blow to the company.
User avatar #84 to #11 - youarelying (06/20/2013) [-]
i wouldn't doubt it failed because you could pay burnt games on it. i dont know anyone who has both the dreamcast and a pc that actually paid for there games
User avatar #25 to #11 - nyangiraffe (06/20/2013) [-]
You see, Sega made a great product, but they kinda hurt themselves back in the day with the Saturn. They hurt all of their markets by slapping their consumers in the face which kinda lead to their death as console makers.
#62 to #11 - anon (06/20/2013) [-]
The Dreamcast was a great machine, ahead of its time. But it was a commercial flop, which nearly bankrupted them.

Kinda the opposite of the Wii. Hardly anything special except for a gimmick, hardly any good core games. Yet a booming commercial sucess.

Sadly, the best isnt always the most sucesful.
#81 - scizthereaper (06/20/2013) [-]
I bought a Dreamcast for this. I still hook it up sometimes to play it. I don't even care if I have to go through a stash of Gamecube games and Xbox cords, I will never forget the Dreamcast.
#60 - Coolinbny ONLINE (06/20/2013) [-]
Dreamcast is the most underrated system of all time. It's failure still bugs me to this day.
Dreamcast is the most underrated system of all time. It's failure still bugs me to this day.
#76 - serotonin (06/20/2013) [-]
I had no idea that it was failure....I tought it was awesome
User avatar #77 to #76 - yuukoku (06/20/2013) [-]
It was a financial failure, but the Dreamcast was actually okay for it's time.
#32 - ieatyououtaldaylon (06/20/2013) [-]
I'm sorry sega.... I didn't know.....
User avatar #38 to #32 - themabymaby (06/20/2013) [-]
Sony's fault.
User avatar #70 to #38 - misticalz ONLINE (06/20/2013) [-]
Dunno why you got a red thumb.
You're right.
#83 - drunkasaurus ONLINE (06/20/2013) [-]
I have no explanation for this, but I had the time of my life playing the ******* grinch on dreamcast more than any other game.
User avatar #93 to #83 - alanflindt (06/20/2013) [-]
was on ps1 as well
what a ******* game
User avatar #61 - imcoolashell ONLINE (06/20/2013) [-]
he died in 2001.....
#24 - vegetatheprince (06/20/2013) [-]
I thought the dreamcast sold well?
User avatar #39 to #24 - themabymaby (06/20/2013) [-]
Playstation 2 ****** it up 4 srs.
User avatar #67 to #39 - ravarshi (06/20/2013) [-]
was game piracy that much of an issue at that point, i know it is now, but that was 11 years ago, i just got my first computer then.
User avatar #144 to #67 - themabymaby (06/21/2013) [-]
not really tbh
User avatar #26 to #24 - dedaluminus (06/20/2013) [-]
Yeah, but they pretty much lost money on every console, and the disc format they picked was really easy to pirate.
User avatar #68 to #26 - ravarshi (06/20/2013) [-]
above comment @ you, my mouse is retarded and slipped.
#92 - tragono **User deleted account** (06/20/2013) [-]
#3 - mudkipfucker ONLINE (06/19/2013) [-]
This image has expired
Now i feel bad for not buying one
#44 - kampi ONLINE (06/20/2013) [-]
"afterwords"
"afterwords"
User avatar #58 - EnergizierAnon (06/20/2013) [-]
wait wait wait.... the dreamcast was a failure? but its one of the most fun systems i've ever played, how was it a failure?
User avatar #59 to #58 - sanguinesolitude (06/20/2013) [-]
it didn't make money... that's pretty much the only thing that makes a company a failure.
User avatar #88 to #59 - Bad Man (06/20/2013) [-]
>Implying EA isn't a failure.
User avatar #89 to #88 - sanguinesolitude (06/20/2013) [-]
>implying making money when your goal is making money isnt success
User avatar #91 to #89 - Bad Man (06/20/2013) [-]
>Implying becoming one of the most hated companies in the US and implementing ******** policies is success.
User avatar #94 to #91 - sanguinesolitude (06/20/2013) [-]
>implying being hated matters to the shareholder when you make 4.14 billion dollars in revenue, increasing over the previous year.


not saying they're a good company. But you or I disliking a company doesn't make them a failure. They exist to make money and they are doing that.
User avatar #99 to #94 - Bad Man (06/20/2013) [-]
>Implying EA's stock values haven't plummeted and are barely recovering.

EA has made **** decisions and has paid for them. They may have been making great money before, yes, but Mass Effect 3, Sim City, and various smaller ******** have really screwed them over.The thing that they haven't learned is that you don't **** over the people who make you money. Shareholders are important, but they aren't the ones paying for the product that makes them their money.
User avatar #103 to #99 - rocksteady (06/20/2013) [-]
EA hasn't screwed themselves over at all, their public profits are off the charts. You are just embarrassed that you lost an argument, and are talking out of your ass.

sanguinesolitude was right

Making money is success in any business.

No one cares that you didn't like the ending to Mass Effect 3 or that Sim City had some online issues. EA is one of the highest profit gaming companies, they could make a game tomorrow called "Go **** your self," and still come out ahead form the yearly Madden release alone.
User avatar #104 to #103 - sanguinesolitude (06/20/2013) [-]
Kind of like how snooki is a terrible person, but has been very successful.
User avatar #105 to #104 - rocksteady (06/20/2013) [-]
Exactly.
#106 to #105 - sanguinesolitude (06/20/2013) [-]
This image has expired
but about that mass effect 3 ending (and much of the game to be honest)... mfw
User avatar #110 to #106 - rocksteady (06/20/2013) [-]
I played Mass Effect 3 for only a few hours and said to myself, "This isn't fun at all." Which is shocking, because Mass Effect 2 is up there as one of my favorite game experiences.
#112 to #110 - sanguinesolitude (06/20/2013) [-]
This image has expired
it was ok, not great up until about halfway through. They pissed me off with the Tali reveal, and then made me embarassingly angry with the terrible ending.
User avatar #107 to #103 - Bad Man (06/20/2013) [-]
I'm not about to get into an internet fight with you, because I honestly don't care what you or your heartfelt rant think. I said my piece, and my conversation wasn't with you. I'm not even going to bother reading your reply, so whatever.
User avatar #108 to #107 - rocksteady (06/20/2013) [-]
You read it and saw you are wrong. It's just that simple.
User avatar #100 to #99 - sanguinesolitude (06/20/2013) [-]
>implying i dont agree with you

They haven't been doing as well but are still quite successful.
very true points. Mass effect 3 broke my heart and engorged my rage gland. But for every diehard mass effect fan, there are millions of filthy casuals who will continue to buy battlefield, madden, fifa, medal of honor, etc.

p.s. i hate EA
#87 - mewthird (06/20/2013) [-]
whats gonna happen with this failure? xs
#118 to #87 - anon (06/20/2013) [-]
Alright, it's ******* fixed. Let's go ahead and continue complaining about the fact that they fixed it.
#90 to #87 - ireallylikepotatoe ONLINE (06/20/2013) [-]
Something along the lines of this.
User avatar #12 - rdangerdash (06/20/2013) [-]
I feel pretty bad for the dreamcast. Pretty much everyone who has played one says it's awesome and yet hardly anyone ever played it. You're not a bad company, SEGA, you've just had a hard time.
User avatar #40 to #12 - themabymaby (06/20/2013) [-]
Thank the PS2 for that.
User avatar #69 - tuckthisphit (06/20/2013) [-]
It might be a feel post but afterwords,really ?
#63 - anark ONLINE (06/20/2013) [-]
oh the nostalgia
User avatar #123 to #63 - dsgbiohazard (06/20/2013) [-]
Just throwing it out there, the one on the Dreamcast was Jet GRIND Radio.
User avatar #124 to #123 - anark ONLINE (06/20/2013) [-]
My original had a Jet SET Radio cover but the game itself was Jet GRIND Radio. Does not matter, amazing game!
User avatar #143 to #124 - dsgbiohazard (06/21/2013) [-]
No doubt!

However, I've never actually played any of the Jet Set games. :c
User avatar #1 - girguy (06/19/2013) [-]
The dreamcast kicked ass. It didn't deserve its failure.
#55 - dgarcia (06/20/2013) [-]
Afterwords from his future self telling him about E3 2013
[ 139 comments ]
Leave a comment
 Friends (0)