I dare you. . THIS IS WHAT I WAS I 601'. You were.. asking.. for it..?
x
Click to expand

Comments(264):

[ 264 comments ]
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
#1 - xwindinthewires (03/08/2013) [-]
You were.. asking.. for it..?
#3 to #1 - whitenerdy (03/08/2013) [-]
The joke is that, women keep saying that they get raped and that all men are pigs, but how can they expect otherwise when they go to a party dressed like this <=
User avatar #4 to #3 - blewws (03/08/2013) [-]
Statistically, it doesn't matter what a women is wearing when she's raped. Just as many girls dressed in normal, non-revealing clothes are raped as women dressed like they are in that picture.
#5 to #4 - blackandwhitegod (03/08/2013) [-]
Based on what study?

Have you seen modern clothes?

Not to mention you have to remember this: Sometimes, you can ask for it in ways besides clothing. For instance all of your friends are womanizing assholes or white trash / ******* . Maybe you can dress like a dude but you go to a bar full of drunk assholes and take drinks from anyone? maybe you go into the allyway?



Frankly I haven't met enough women that have justified the response of considering them human. Not to say I don't horrible flesh bags of men, but women tend to be way worse in every category.
User avatar #20 to #5 - semicontra (03/09/2013) [-]
Quite frankly I agree there are other ways to lead people on and that in general leading people on is rude, but if a girl in the end does NOT want to have sex etc in absolutely no way is it her fault that someone rapes her. Don't you dare say that rape can ever be justified, because it can't.
#258 to #20 - whitenerdy (03/09/2013) [-]
I don't thing it's generally not about leading people on, that makes people want to rape you, for example. If you go into the town at night, you have a chance of getting assaulted on, either for the money or just for the kicks. Let's make 2 different possibilities:
a) you go into the town with generic nerdy cloths, glasses and go around all jumpy and scared.
- Higher chance of people will think of you as a easy catch and jump you.
b) you go with a leather jacket, and don't look like a little bitch.
- slimmer chance.

In that way, you yourself can control the risk factor of getting jumped, the same way women can. If you go around with no cloths. Then guys all over the place would get horny, and one or two of them would most likely jump her. Where, if she walked around with 80's glasses and a huge homemade sweater covered, no guys would get turned on, and there would be no danger.

What the jokes implies could be put into a more simplistic example, like:

> Go around ********** with cash and gold chains spilling all over the place.
> Get's ****** .
> No ******* surprise, he ******* asked for it when you're that retarded.

> Girls going around with almost no cloth late at night leaving their unprotected drinks all over the place with guys who're mostly likely intoxicated and have maybe taken some drugs, and could with ease put roffies in their drinks.
> Gets raped.
> Not the girls fault.

I agree with you that rape can't be justified, but bitches can't expect not to get raped when they jump around drunk with almost no clothing and fake double D's.
#27 to #20 - blackandwhitegod (03/09/2013) [-]
Did I ever say it was?

I am just saying if you are a stupid cunt, and you do **** where the end result might end in something bad happening to you there is a limit to how much you can say you were the victim.

If you drive drunk, you know the consequences for getting behind the wheel before you start drinking. You don't just end up drunk on accident. They make you take responsibility for your **** ups. If I took drinks from strangers in a bar, if I went in the back ally way alone, if I went into a room full of horny strangers, if I only made friends with pathological liars and sociopaths there IS a lot of responsibility for what happens resting your shoulders.

Is rape right? No. Did I ever say it was? No. But if you don't have the foresight to know what might happen, you probably shouldn't be all that surprised when it does.
User avatar #29 to #27 - semicontra (03/09/2013) [-]
Women shouldn't have to ever worry about getting raped no matter what they do! Driving drunk is your choice, controlling the actions of others is not! Saying women should have the foresight to not get raped is like saying people should have the foresight to not get murdered.
User avatar #101 to #29 - rageisfunny (03/09/2013) [-]
In a perfect world women wouldn't have to worry about getting raped. This is not a perfect world, so they should be aware of that, as clearly there are rapists out there.
#166 to #29 - ARRRGGGG (03/09/2013) [-]
You can take actions to not get raped. Like not go to a club by yourself and get completely ********** and take drinks from random strangers.
User avatar #173 to #166 - semicontra (03/09/2013) [-]
Quite frankly no matter how many actions one may take, it's still the guy who rapes the woman. LIke I said, controlling the actions of others is not ones choice. I know women who have worn normal clothing, such as jeans and a tshirt, and still have gotten raped. There are no guaranteed ways to avoid getting raped. However we could actually teach kids no means no, not to judge peoples promiscuity on what they wear one night to a club, or just in general to respect women and their choices. But of course then who would we blame when a woman gets raped? Oh, I know, THE MAN WHO DOES IT.
#175 to #173 - ARRRGGGG (03/09/2013) [-]
On a scale of regular guy to white knight, you have the suit of armor, white steed, and sword in hand. I'm half expecting you to burst into my living room in your dazzling white armor and berate me on how my ethics and morals do not live up to your standards.
User avatar #177 to #175 - semicontra (03/09/2013) [-]
They don't, but in the end it doesn't really matter I guess. You aren't going to accept what I say, and you're damn straight I will never tolerate what you are saying.
#186 to #177 - ARRRGGGG (03/09/2013) [-]
Get over yourself. In your righteous butthurt you completely warped what I said into something you could attack from your perch on top of moral high ground hill. Continue preaching your own point of view and how it's superior to that of others. Maybe next you can tackle the issue of car accidents and how it's not the pedestrian's fault for running across a busy street. Controlling the actions of others is not one's choice after all.
#148 to #29 - creosote (03/09/2013) [-]
"She was 5-foot-2, 105 pounds, wearing a miniskirt and a halter top with a bare midriff. Now, again, there you go. So every predator in the world is gonna pick that up at 2 in the morning."
User avatar #153 to #148 - semicontra (03/09/2013) [-]
Thank you for telling me this quote where a man tries to justify the rape and murder of an 18 year old girl because of what she wore and how it incited the murderer.
#160 to #153 - creosote (03/09/2013) [-]
Your sarcasm is uncalled for in this instance. Had it not been a quote and instead my personal opinion, than you'd have every right.
Your sarcasm is uncalled for in this instance. Had it not been a quote and instead my personal opinion, than you'd have every right.
User avatar #168 to #160 - semicontra (03/09/2013) [-]
Actually I believe it was completely called for because you literally just copied and pasted a quote. You gave absolutely no justification for why this was important at all, granted because you choose this quote I am lead to believe that you agree with it and are therefore expressing your opinion. Not only that, you quoted a middle-aged man who generally has conservative republican views, and who has absolutely no idea what it's like to be a girl and especially one that was raped. What you are currently demonstrating is how we live in a rape culture. What you are trying to do is excuse rape, because the prevalent attitude in America is to trivialize rape and to try to blame the victim. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you are male, and quite frankly with this attitude of yours I also assume you'd rape someone if they were dress 'promiscuously' enough.
User avatar #171 to #168 - creosote (03/09/2013) [-]
Women are not the only people that can be raped, you know? I simply used that quote because I find it to be ridiculous, along with anything Bill O'Reilly has ever said. I apologize that you took it wrong, but you have no right to assume something like that of me, or anybody else.
User avatar #176 to #171 - semicontra (03/09/2013) [-]
I am confused at who that quote was to then, and I apologize. And I do recognize that women aren't the only ones who can get raped, however this conversation was targeting scantily clad women and I was speaking about that.
User avatar #184 to #176 - creosote (03/09/2013) [-]
I realize the point of the thread, the Bill O'Reilly quote was simply meant as an example of the stupid excuses that people give when it comes to rape. I obviously should have explained it instead of just slapping it in there, and now for whatever reason I'm finding a hard time explaining its purpose...
User avatar #169 to #168 - creosote (03/09/2013) [-]
Yes, I am a male, and I was raped when I was ten, so **** you.
User avatar #170 to #168 - limb (03/09/2013) [-]
Next time you want to use my name metaphorically go climb a tree and go out on a limb and die.
#203 to #5 - anon (03/09/2013) [-]
... white trash ******* . Alright we'll roll with it.
User avatar #6 to #3 - escapedfromkitchen (03/08/2013) [-]
these are not normal girls, these are sluts.
User avatar #52 to #3 - xamyomgx (03/09/2013) [-]
How about instead of telling me don't get raped we tell men not to rape?
#129 to #52 - anon (03/09/2013) [-]
This would work if we lived in a perfect world, but here is the big point to this entire argument WE DON'T. Women should be able to dress how they wish, and mostly they can. It's not that a rapist goes for the most revealing cloths, rather it's that the most revealing cloths just naturally shows more off and grabs that attention from others. I mean, I should not have to lock my doors to help protect me from robbery but since people try to steal I have to take action to protect myself; That is just reality, and reality sucks.
User avatar #53 to #52 - xamyomgx (03/09/2013) [-]
women* not me, wtf..
User avatar #253 to #3 - rhetoricalfunny ONLINE (03/09/2013) [-]
So if you saw a woman walking down the street wearing that you would immediately rape her?

Seriously, what the **** . Get some self control.
#257 to #253 - whitenerdy (03/09/2013) [-]
"hurrdur u rabe ppls wih no clothz, get selfcontol."

> Go around ********** with cash spilling all over the place
> Get's ****** .
> No ******* surprise, he ******* asked for it when you're that retarded.

> Girls going around with almost no cloth late at night leaving their unprotected drinks all over the place with guys who're mostly likely intoxicated and have maybe taken some drugs, and could with ease put roffies in their drinks.
> Gets raped.
> "OMG GUISE R SUSH PIGS >:(((( GT SUM SELFCOTROAL!1"
#logic

I didn't say, as you implied, that I would rape a female as she would run around naked, like I wouldn't assault a man walking down the street, covered with Rolex gold watches, gold chains and what not. but it would be no surprise if someone else did.

User avatar #274 to #257 - rhetoricalfunny ONLINE (03/10/2013) [-]
You are honestly trying to justify rape.

And acting like I'm the dumbass.
User avatar #277 to #274 - whitenerdy (03/10/2013) [-]
First of all:

Justification =/= Telling how whores are dumb cunts.

Just because think a guy is asking for it if he gets robed when he goes through a hood in a nice suit and a bag with cash sticking out of it, doesn't mean that I justified that it happened.

Secondly:
> Comes up with clever arguments.
> Counter argument: " u r dumb."

How intellectual of you, why don't you thumb me down again just to show how mad you're Mr. Pre-Puberty.
#11 - onedollarbill (03/08/2013) [-]
you remind me of this ************ !
User avatar #16 to #11 - zorororonoa (03/09/2013) [-]
oh god i forgot about him until now
#33 to #11 - anon (03/09/2013) [-]
I miss you spyro.
#213 to #11 - iamtheblackgoat (03/09/2013) [-]
The fact I recognize this guy means I think I had a pretty good childhood

Pic semi-related, James was master-race train
#12 to #11 - anonydroid (03/08/2013) [-]
******* moneybags that prick stealin all my shiet
#17 to #11 - zomura (03/09/2013) [-]
That makes it even easier for me to say you deserved it! AGH!
#139 - onenightstand (03/09/2013) [-]
I don't understand why people try to stand up for rape?    
Rape is rape is rape
I don't understand why people try to stand up for rape?
Rape is rape is rape
#199 to #139 - anon (03/09/2013) [-]
It's not even that people are standing up for rapists. Its the fact that these bitches don't understand that we are trying to prevent some rapes from occuring. Revealing clothing turns on regular guys, what do you think that would do to a rapist? Its not about fault, its about how they are ******* being stupid and wearing slutty clothes expecting the rapists to just walk the other way. YEAHHHH thats gonna happen......

Yes it is the rapists fault but these girls in no way protect themselves by edging the rapists on with their revealing clothing. Kind of like don't wear gasoline on your clothes when going to a fire pit.
#250 to #199 - zombieginger (03/09/2013) [-]
So essentially men are just a bunch of walking apes who can't control their urges? People should be able to wear whatever they 			*******		 want.
So essentially men are just a bunch of walking apes who can't control their urges? People should be able to wear whatever they ******* want.
#147 to #139 - anon (03/09/2013) [-]
No one is standing up for rape, people just think there are things women can do to contribute to the chances of it happening. I for one think that revealing cloths does not incite rape, but it does attract more attention and of of the people who are paying more attention could be a rapist and that is where I think the dots connect.
User avatar #146 to #139 - TheReich (03/09/2013) [-]
That is one of the strongest goddamn wooden doors I've ever seen...
#15 - mattdoggy (03/08/2013) [-]
my opinion on this matter
User avatar #13 - blacklite (03/08/2013) [-]
>Victim blaming

Right, because it's a woman's fault that she can't walk down the street at night without getting raped.

Nobody ******* deserves to be raped. Even if they should be recognizing the danger and not wearing slutty clothes in dangerous areas at night doesn't mean that it's perfectly okay for the rapist to do the deed. Whether they're taking precautions or not the real problem is that guys will just ******* rape girls just because of what they're wearing.

Yeah, it's stupid that they're not more careful but the actual rapist is way more at fault.
User avatar #55 to #13 - mylazy (03/09/2013) [-]
I just want to ask you...Is it getting annoying receiving notifications that someone responded to you on this thread?
User avatar #56 to #55 - blacklite (03/09/2013) [-]
Nah
#183 to #13 - anon (03/09/2013) [-]
WTF are you talking about
#198 to #13 - anon (03/09/2013) [-]
SRS pls go.
User avatar #22 to #13 - pepemex (03/09/2013) [-]
Watch out guys we have a mangina / feminazi over here
User avatar #23 to #22 - blacklite (03/09/2013) [-]
You have no idea how little I care for the feminist agenda 9/10 times.

It's just that rapists, just like murderers and other criminals, should always get the blame when a crime takes place.

It's not a matter of women's rights or any of that **** . It's a matter of justice.
User avatar #25 to #23 - pepemex (03/09/2013) [-]
If you leave your car unlocked at night aren't you partially at fault if it gets stolen?
User avatar #28 to #25 - blacklite (03/09/2013) [-]
Partially, yeah, but that doesn't mean you should get even HALF the blame. They didn't HAVE to steal your car. They would've had to actively decide to. Leaving it unlocked is more like momentary carelessness, which is far more forgivable.
User avatar #47 to #28 - thatnerdyguy (03/09/2013) [-]
Leaving your car unlocked is a stupid mistake.
Stealing a car is a stupid decision.
User avatar #61 to #13 - icedmantwo (03/09/2013) [-]
no they didnt deserve it but nonetheless wearing slutty clothes is literally a way for a woman to attract sexual views from men
so while most men have the self control to either ignore the girl (for whatever reason) or to hit on her and coerce her via verbal and contextual clues into consensual sex there is always the few people with no self control who will commit a rape, the same way as somebody who walks alone down every alley invite murder and muggins
stupid actions that lower your defense and increase negative attention are the problem the point is that if you wish to avoid the negative attention that comes along with wearing slutty clothes you shouldnt wear slutty clothes the same way you dont walk alone down a dark alley or have back alley surgery
so to sum up nobody deserves rape the same way nobody deserves murder or anything else of that nature but doing stupid things like dressing slutty or walking down a dark alley will increase the chances that one of the few people who cant control themselves will come after you
obviously this doesnt always work but it helps
User avatar #67 to #61 - setittowumbo (03/09/2013) [-]
You must've spent a lot of time on that comment to keep copying and pasting it in your replies to people that don't agree with the content.
User avatar #71 to #67 - icedmantwo (03/09/2013) [-]
straight to personal attacks
i like it
stay classy san diego
User avatar #74 to #71 - setittowumbo (03/09/2013) [-]
No...wait - what?
User avatar #83 to #74 - icedmantwo (03/09/2013) [-]
rather than formulating a proper response you simply attacked me for expressing my views
#88 to #83 - setittowumbo (03/09/2013) [-]
I didn't attack you. What the 			****		 are you talking about? I've been seeing the same exact comment by you replied to comments that don't agree with the content. I made a prediction (it was more of a question and I obviously should've put it that way) that you took a lot of time on that comment to copy and paste it so many times. That's not attacking. Calm down. Go take a nap...it'll all be over soon...
I didn't attack you. What the **** are you talking about? I've been seeing the same exact comment by you replied to comments that don't agree with the content. I made a prediction (it was more of a question and I obviously should've put it that way) that you took a lot of time on that comment to copy and paste it so many times. That's not attacking. Calm down. Go take a nap...it'll all be over soon...
User avatar #99 to #88 - icedmantwo (03/09/2013) [-]
if you didnt disagree with my comment you should have formed a proper rebuttal instead you just implied that i waste too much time on the internet (true but nonetheless i find it offensive as im on vacation right now)
User avatar #105 to #99 - setittowumbo (03/09/2013) [-]
How the **** is my comment offensive? If for anything it was just be pointing out the obvious. And I do that a lot.
User avatar #116 to #105 - icedmantwo (03/09/2013) [-]
i just stated how i found it offensive
i also find it offensive that you cant simply debate your point
User avatar #276 to #116 - setittowumbo (03/10/2013) [-]
And just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right,
User avatar #275 to #116 - setittowumbo (03/10/2013) [-]
Please do enlighten me as to how it is offensive. If it is then you seriously need to get some help.
User avatar #278 to #275 - icedmantwo (03/10/2013) [-]
you implied i have nothing better to do than to try and argue on the internet
on a related note feed me your red thumbs it arouses me
User avatar #282 to #278 - setittowumbo (03/11/2013) [-]
I didn't imply anything. What the **** is your problem? I was pretty much asking if you had spent a lot of time on the comment to copy and paste it so many times. I should've put it in question form instead of me just pointing it out. I didn't know someone could get so offended.
User avatar #65 to #61 - blacklite (03/09/2013) [-]
Dressing slutty is usually just how a woman tries to look good. Who DOESN'T want to look good? That's just something people do and people have different ways of doing it. My point is that they should be ABLE to do so without risking rape. Sometimes it's not even in a bad area like a dark alley though. Sometimes it's just a bar or a club or even a park.

Hell, as someone else pointed out earlier it's not even just slutty clothing that attracts rapists. It's anything that looks easy to remove.
User avatar #79 to #65 - icedmantwo (03/09/2013) [-]
a women who wants to look good isnt wearing things that make them look good they are wearing things that attract sexual attention
that was the point of my point
if you dress that way you will get a lot of good attention (ie people buying drinks and hitting on you) but also bad attention (people wanting to rape you)
if you walk down a side alley you might get home faster but being out of the line of sight of public and out of the street lights people committing a mugging would act much more brazen
thats the point
if you really want to dress like that then bring friends that you trust with you to keep you company as numbers is a significant factor in any confrontation
we cant change the behavior of the rapist nor can we predict who will become a rapist so instead of prosecuting everyone we think might become one we find ways to prevent it
0
#255 to #65 - recio **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #85 to #61 - batmansgirlfriend (03/09/2013) [-]
Women should be able to wear what they feel comfortable in. If a man is making sexual advances towards a women who is obviously uncomfortable then it is his fault that he can't control himself. A women can walk down the street in a provocative outfit and still not be asking for it. No one is ever asking to be raped.
User avatar #113 to #85 - icedmantwo (03/09/2013) [-]
if you reread the post (or even read it once) you would realize im not saying that anybody wants to be raped you would realize i said not everybody can control themselves and you would realize that by wearing clothes that increase the amount of sexual attraction you are receiving regardless of whos attraction it is so you might end up with dr stevens the kind heart doctor who works out when he isnt at working at the hospital or volunteering at the orphanage or you might attract jim bob the inbred 250 lb hillbilly who likes his girls squealing in pain
User avatar #252 to #61 - xjessicaxrabbitx (03/09/2013) [-]
Rape is an act of power and control, not lust. You do not have to look attractive to be raped. The elderly get raped in nursing homes. It's not about how attractive someone is, but about the fact they can be overpowered.
User avatar #259 to #252 - icedmantwo (03/09/2013) [-]
its often based around physical attractiveness for the initial targeting
then they decide if the risk is worth the reward which is why they look to see if you are with your friends and other people you cant trust
User avatar #271 to #259 - xjessicaxrabbitx (03/09/2013) [-]
No it is not. It is based on the ability to overpower the victim. As I said, rape is not about sex, but the power and control. You don't have to be attractive. The elderly are raped by people young enough to be grandkids. They're not looking at sexy grandma, but at a target. The mind of a rapist does not see victims as potential lovers, but as targets.
#111 to #13 - asongulol (03/09/2013) [-]
Both sides are at fault.
http://www.vocfm.co.za/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8196:storm-over-baby -burqa-fatwa&Itemid=131
#179 to #13 - anon (03/09/2013) [-]
You see you're a dumbass who doesn't understand the difference between asking for bad things to happen to you, and deserving bad things to happen to you.

If a girl dresses like a slut and gets raped:
Did she bring it onto herself? YES. Did she deserve it just for dressing slutty? NO.
Is the rape in any way justified? NO, there's no such thing as justified rape.

I by no means think rapist who rape slutty dressing girls should go unpunished, BUT IN ALL CASES, if they have dressed less like whores, the odds of them getting raped would have been far less.

It's like if a person leaves his rich looking house open with security or anyone to look after, then he gets robbed.
Does deserve it? No. Did he ask for it? Yes. Got it you dumb **** ?
#182 to #179 - anon (03/09/2013) [-]
* leaves his rich looking house open with NO security...

Excuse me for that dumb **** , I seem to have forgotten a keyword.
#35 to #13 - veryspecialagent ONLINE (03/09/2013) [-]
First of all, no one has ever said "Oh, it's completely your fault for dressing like a whore so we're just gonna let this rapist go free of charge"...

The problem is that when women wear certain types of clothing, they're doing it to catch attention, and sometimes they catch unwanted attention as well; I'm not saying they shouldn't be able to dress how they like, it's a free country, but it's a fact of life. They can't sit there being surprised that it happened.

What really causes a problem in these scenarios are all the sluts that run around saying they've been raped 4 times by different men, because really they were embarrassed they were a one-nite-stand and the guy never called back. All it leads up to is some poor women getting blamed by their families (cause really, it's never the judicial system, in America atleast, saying that).
User avatar #39 to #13 - lazypaul (03/09/2013) [-]
How do you spot a feminist at a party?
User avatar #40 to #39 - blacklite (03/09/2013) [-]
***** I'm not even sure guys can be feminists.

Besides, it's relevant to the point of the pope.
User avatar #45 to #40 - thatnerdyguy (03/09/2013) [-]
Feminism is just supporting gender equality. Men can definitely be feminists.
Of course, the keyword here is equality, so a lot of women aren't feminists either...
User avatar #46 to #45 - blacklite (03/09/2013) [-]
I suppose that sounds right.
User avatar #42 to #40 - HeartOfTheDL (03/09/2013) [-]
Found the feminist!
+1
#244 to #13 - missing has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #264 to #244 - blacklite (03/09/2013) [-]
Stealing is usually done out of pure desperation if someone needs money but is absolutely broke. Rape is just for fun. There is no way anybody could have a NEED to rape somebody.
User avatar #30 to #13 - xjessicaxrabbitx (03/09/2013) [-]
Thank you for this, but don't slut shame, either. People can dress how they want or have sex as many times as they want, consensually that is, and shouldn't feel bad about it.

Rapists do not go for "slutty" clothes. They go for easy to remove clothing. This includes skirts, dresses, and sweats. They also go for shoes that hinder the ability to run away, such as heels. It's not so much about the skin that's being shown as it is the ease of access. The longer it takes to rape the more likely it is the victim can fight back or get help.
User avatar #31 to #30 - blacklite (03/09/2013) [-]
True, yes. No rapist just sees a woman, gets aroused, and decides to rape them. It's usually planned. Like some sort of hunt, I guess.

Still though, any dangerous area at night is a bad way to go. For reasons other than rape, but for a woman I would guess that's among the most dangerous.
User avatar #37 to #31 - xjessicaxrabbitx (03/09/2013) [-]
Definitely. People do need to take precautions. It's a shame that people still blame victims.
User avatar #18 to #13 - mylazy (03/09/2013) [-]
No one thinks that is really the problem. Some people may try to use that as a defense when accused of rape, but few people really buy it. The problem comes when the women was actually WILLING and then feels guilty and charges the guy with rape. In many cases, if she can prove she had sex and any alcohol was involved she has pretty much won the case, even if the guy was innocent. I am not saying every guy is innocent, but plenty are. Furthermore, even if they are tried not guilty, their reputation is already ruined beyond repair. I agree that blaming the victim is pointless, but it pisses me off when the real victim is the one on trial.
User avatar #21 to #18 - goodcheese (03/09/2013) [-]
actually most rapes go unreported and rarely is it falsely reported. most women aren't going to endure the shame and humiliation of claiming they were raped just to get back at someone. yea tv shows show a lot of the time a woman crying rape but a lot of the time it's not reported at all because the victim thinks nobody will believe them and they think that it was their fault that they were raped when they in fact are never to blame. i have sources for the facts if you would like.
User avatar #26 to #21 - mylazy (03/09/2013) [-]
I agree that a large number of rapes go unreported, but I disagree that it is rarely falsely reported. Here is my source, if you would like, It has many other sources along with it, so you can branch out from it.

You need to login to view this link
User avatar #178 to #26 - goodcheese (03/09/2013) [-]
the problem with one of the studies i did see was that it specifically said forcible rape. rape is defined as unwanted sexual activity. if the person is threatened with physical violence or violence against their families or emotional threats such as blackmail then even though the person has said yes it is still not consensual because this choice was not made freely. also there is usually pressure on the victim to recant their story so as not to get the accused in trouble and police have a history of grossly mishandling rape cases and victims. as far as the other claims made, my source seems to have different statistics than yours so that leaves us at somewhat of an impasse. www.ndaa.org/pdf/the_voice_vol_3_no_1_2009.pdf

anyways, rape is obviously a very tricky legal issue and their are different laws for different countries and even states but it is important to remember how consent works, "yes" means yes only when said freely and "no", no response, a non-verbal response, confusing responses, and "yes" said under threat of physical or emotional violence do NOT give consent.
User avatar #265 to #178 - mylazy (03/09/2013) [-]
I can say that I feel like the only one that feels like 8% is a pretty high number. I mean over the last what 30 years there have been over 90,000 reported incidents. That is 7,200 people that have been falsely accused and very likely had their reputations ruined. In addition, not all the sources used dealt only with forcible rape. I also feel that any form of pressure, including the ones you mentioned should be included in forcible, so our definitions of forcible are also a little different.
User avatar #266 to #265 - goodcheese (03/09/2013) [-]
yea it is a lot but if somebody is going to claim most of them are falsely reported when it is only 8% then it messes things up for the 82,800 who actually were raped and then accused of lying when they already are in a very vulnerable position, many rape victims suffer from ptsd and other debilitating psychological effects and are at increased risk for suicide. blaming the victim and accusing them of lying only worsens this. this is why the judicial system is more likely to believe the victim and so it's important for men, when initiating any sexual activity, to ask for clear consent every time. if a man can say with confidence that he did ask clearly for sex and he received a yes that was said freely, then he can definitely make the claim that he wasn't forcing her to do anything she didn't want to do. this is why alcohol presents a problem. in over half of rape cases, one or both people were drinking and so it's not as easy to give or get consent in these cases. so it's best to wait until you're sober to have sex and just ask flat out so there's no confusion
User avatar #267 to #266 - mylazy (03/09/2013) [-]
Now we are back to the blaming the victim issue. I already said that most people don't actually blame the victim. In fact there are far more people who feel like people blame the victim to often than there are people that actually blame the victim. In addition, no one who views this topic from a sensible view point thinks that most cases are false. It is actually pretty obvious that most cases are real, but there are still a lot that are. That is the only point I wanted to make with any of my comments. In my opinion 1% of cases being false is a lot and anything approaching 10% is way too much.

As far as consent goes, I agree with you. I myself am staying abstinent until marriage. Should generally solve these problems.
User avatar #48 to #26 - roberttheplant (03/09/2013) [-]
you cite your source, you get my thumb.
#8 - spawnconnery ONLINE (03/08/2013) [-]
User avatar #108 to #8 - SgtBaha (03/09/2013) [-]
kitty
#140 - mrblues (03/09/2013) [-]
I'd stop scrolling here before your political jimmies get rustled.
User avatar #2 - mayorman (03/08/2013) [-]
what the guy below me said
-2
#24 to #2 - whyisthissohard **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #36 to #2 - foelkera (03/09/2013) [-]
I enjoy sliding thick scottish cocks into my puckered, throbbing anus
User avatar #281 to #36 - throbbing (03/11/2013) [-]
eh
#7 to #2 - churrundo (03/08/2013) [-]
Titty Sprinkles
Titty Sprinkles
#167 - thisonewins (03/09/2013) [-]
&gt;Post says &quot;tell me I asked for it&quot;   
&gt;Post clearly references being mugged   
&gt;Comment section;   
&gt;&quot;I don't know, rape is... ehhh&quot;   
MFW
>Post says "tell me I asked for it"
>Post clearly references being mugged
>Comment section;
>"I don't know, rape is... ehhh"
MFW
User avatar #112 - batmansgirlfriend (03/09/2013) [-]
Rape is about power, not attraction. Rapists look for easy targets, such as clothes that may be easier to take off, isolation, etc. It's disgusting to say that a women is asking for rape. No one is ever asking for rape.
If a women wants to wear a short dress she has the right to. If she wants to wear high heels she has the right to. A man sexually assaulting her and leaving her emotionally, mentally, and physically scarred gets no sympathy from me.
Basically, you are saying that all men have animalistic urges in which they want to rape at any given point. If a guy has no self control when it comes to sex, he is not a man but an animal.
Don't tell women not to get raped. Tell people not to rape.
#114 to #112 - anon (03/09/2013) [-]
They also may go for promiscuous/slutty women because we seriously take that into account when deciding whether they're guilty or not.
#124 to #112 - anon (03/09/2013) [-]
Sorry, but when the gf chases a married man lies to him does AWFUL THINGS TO HER OWN HUSBAND/ BAD MOTHER- TRICKES MARRIED MAN INTO BEING DAD-( wife lives him deeply) forced to work for watchers../ diamond FRONT PAGE /\ Book deal /\ Moviey~ JAIL FOR THE GF DNA / FAMILY/ DUM FRIENDS DEVELOPERS ETC. ALSO MY FAMILY :(( OH WELL ..3
User avatar #133 to #124 - thecharliesheen (03/09/2013) [-]
....What the **** just happened?
User avatar #187 to #133 - izzygirl (03/09/2013) [-]
I think you were just raped.
#216 to #187 - thecharliesheen (03/09/2013) [-]
That... That hurt to read...
That... That hurt to read...
User avatar #217 to #216 - izzygirl (03/09/2013) [-]
I honestly can't comprehend what he/she/it was trying to say...
User avatar #218 to #217 - thecharliesheen (03/09/2013) [-]
I THINK.. that their dad had a girlfriend and.. it ruined her life somehow? And something about DNA and something called "dum friends developers"...
User avatar #219 to #218 - izzygirl (03/09/2013) [-]
Shhh. Just. Just don't.
Don't let brain cells die trying to decode that comment.
User avatar #220 to #219 - thecharliesheen (03/09/2013) [-]
I give up.. My head hurts. A lot.
#221 to #220 - izzygirl (03/09/2013) [-]
Mine does too after reading the entire comment...
Mine does too after reading the entire comment...
User avatar #232 to #221 - thecharliesheen (03/09/2013) [-]
It feels strangely like one of those poorly worded advertisements..
User avatar #233 to #232 - izzygirl (03/09/2013) [-]
All I could think of is this sweatshirt I got from my sister-in-law. It reads "Happy Panda with you makes pleasant memories."
User avatar #234 to #233 - thecharliesheen (03/09/2013) [-]
Sounds like something out of the Japanese region.
User avatar #235 to #234 - izzygirl (03/09/2013) [-]
Her mother got it in Taiwan.
It's probably my second favorite sweatshirt next to the one with built-in earbuds.
User avatar #243 to #235 - thecharliesheen (03/09/2013) [-]
You have a sweatshirt with built in ear-buds??
User avatar #272 to #243 - izzygirl (03/09/2013) [-]
Yeah. the strings that you can pull the hood tighter had earbuds on the end, you plug up your iPod/mp3 in the pocket.
#238 to #124 - fishratsas (03/09/2013) [-]
I believe Anon is trying to say...........spiderman thread!!!!!!!!!!
I believe Anon is trying to say...........spiderman thread!!!!!!!!!!
#242 to #241 - fishratsas (03/09/2013) [-]
****		 it I can't be asked to finish it.
**** it I can't be asked to finish it.
#123 to #112 - zeroxnight (03/09/2013) [-]
Just to not be sexist, I rape everyone. If I sees a man I like I tell him like this.
#142 to #112 - jrondeau **User deleted account** (03/09/2013) [-]
There's some dude I hung out with about a month ago that tried to tell me that when certain women wear the 'right' clothing, he almost can't help but touch. He tried to make the case that men literally can't control their own bodies at the sight of an incredibly hot woman.

My response: If you can't control your own actions because some hot chick is standing in front of you, you just need to go live in the jungle with all the other monkeys like you.

mfw
#145 - helenwheels (03/09/2013) [-]
He doesn't deserve to be mugged. The fact that he might be increasing his chances of being mugged by making himself a more obvious target doesn't justify the acts of the mugger who was simply waiting for any possible target. He isn't hurting anyone by showing what he has, it might be annoying but not hurting.
#155 to #145 - anon (03/09/2013) [-]
The best part of this is (and im not referring to you necessarily) is that if it was a woman in skimpy clothes, FJ would overwhelmingly agree she should be raped.
User avatar #206 to #155 - helenwheels (03/09/2013) [-]
That's the point of the post, its that its making fun of women who get raped wearing skimpy clothes. But I'm explaining why the post is completely wrong to say that women in skimpy clothes deserve rape.
#162 to #155 - anon (03/09/2013) [-]
and yes, I understand a lot of people here are saying they believe the opposite, but that's just the Law of Contrary (the law which states that the most vocal people are the ones who wish to make clear that they do not belong to the group under scrutiny)
User avatar #32 - maccamcrbja (03/09/2013) [-]
Why do people always use theft as an example when trying to defend rape? I will never understand how can you even compare physical possessions to someone's body.
User avatar #34 - pacoseago (03/09/2013) [-]
I bet that the person who mugged him went straight to jail.
#106 to #34 - anon (03/09/2013) [-]
Yep. No "your honor, but he always gave money to charity, and he was even wearing expensive clothing! Are you absolutely sure this was a theft? Maybe my client just misread the signs, he thought it was okay to take that money at gunpoint, he thought they were just playing around and didn't really mean it"
User avatar #51 to #34 - xamyomgx (03/09/2013) [-]
I bet they didn't pass GO
#54 to #51 - derpyllama (03/09/2013) [-]
I bet they didn't even collect two hundred dollars.
User avatar #208 - eyemeralds (03/09/2013) [-]
I'm banking on it
+4
#214 to #208 - elgringogordo **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #97 - ThatsSoFunnyHeHe (03/09/2013) [-]
Honestly I don't think it's the girls fault if she gets raped. I don't think any non-rapist was going about his day then decided to become a rapist because some girl was dressed like a slut.
Buuuuut, he'd probably sooner chose to rape the one dressed like a slut, so dressing like a slut isn't a good idea. **** sluts.
#109 to #97 - anon (03/09/2013) [-]
[url deleted]
User avatar #165 to #97 - mrnoodlez (03/09/2013) [-]
Was that a pun at the end?
User avatar #57 - youarenotspecial (03/09/2013) [-]
Do some of you really believe that it is up to YOU to decide what is or is not acceptable for women to wear, with the punishment of not conforming to these unwritten standards being rape? If a man walks around with his shirt off, does that mean that he deserves to get raped by some huge, muscular man that's stronger then him? No.
You can't complain about men being treated like dumb asses who are "all the same" whilst asserting the notion that they simply can't help themselves around a sexy looking lady. Both are bull.
Clothes don't cause rape. Rape can happen to anyone, anywhere. These stigmas and stereotypes do nothing but bring shame to victims and give excuses to rapists.

TL;DR
It's ******* enraging that women I know have had their rapists walk off without punishment, and that I can no longer walk in my own ******* town because of ignorant ***** like you.

User avatar #59 to #57 - icedmantwo (03/09/2013) [-]
no they didnt deserve it but nonetheless wearing slutty clothes is literally a way for a woman to attract sexual views from men
so while most men have the self control to either ignore the girl (for whatever reason) or to hit on her and coerce her via verbal and contextual clues into consensual sex there is always the few people with no self control who will commit a rape, the same way as somebody who walks alone down every alley invite murder and muggins
stupid actions that lower your defense and increase negative attention are the problem the point is that if you wish to avoid the negative attention that comes along with wearing slutty clothes you shouldnt wear slutty clothes the same way you dont walk alone down a dark alley or have back alley surgery
so to sum up nobody deserves rape the same way nobody deserves murder or anything else of that nature but doing stupid things like dressing slutty or walking down a dark alley will increase the chances that one of the few people who cant control themselves will come after you
obviously this doesnt always work but it helps
User avatar #63 to #59 - youarenotspecial (03/09/2013) [-]
Not the point. I agree certain things will bring more attention to you than others. People should practice common sense. However, far too much emphasis is placed on the behaviors of the victims, not the rapists. A lot of the time, women who are raped are not dressing particularly slutty or selling their bodies in back alleys or some **** , but there is still a stigma that women who get raped are. This leads to a lot of shame and victim blaming, no matter what the circumstances are.
User avatar #69 to #63 - icedmantwo (03/09/2013) [-]
well given the population of people getting raped vs the population of people raping its easier to change the behaviors of those with a susceptibility to being raped
things as simple as learning how to detect suspicious behavior or going places with friends you can trust easily eliminate much of the chances of being raped
obviously this wont prevent somebody who intends to rape from raping somebody
this works the same way not walking down a dark alley prevents yourself from not getting mugged
if we want to get technical nobody is a rapist until they forcefully engage in sex with an unwilling partner the same way nobody is a murderer until they kill somebody but since its easier to make it harder for a potential murderer than to lock up or council everybody who is a potential murderer (ie everybody) we find ways to prevent the murder
this same class of thought can easily be applied to rape
User avatar #81 to #69 - youarenotspecial (03/09/2013) [-]
Have you really thought about how that sounds, though? When you tell someone "not to be that girl" you are really saying "make sure he rapes that other girl."

I mean, I get what you are saying. You shouldn't trust every person you meet, and getting intoxicated in shady places is a horrible idea. It is also very smart to do your research on basic human behavior. However, a rapist will rape no matter what. If he can't find easy victims, he'll pick some girl up off of the street. Hell, it isn't safe for a women to take a hike or go for walks anywhere anymore. In fact, many rapist already do creep around in these "safe" areas.

Also, there is a difference between how people look at murder compared to rape. Both the victim's and suspect's background/whereabouts will be investigated, but murder does not have an inherit stigma of shame to it.
User avatar #92 to #81 - icedmantwo (03/09/2013) [-]
yes there are certain issues with modern society (sex=shame in many circles) but obviously things are changing in this aspect
if you compare society now to society 100 years ago 50 years ago or even 10 years ago things have changed greatly
in the mean time what youre suggesting is perhaps to lock everyone up until we are sure they arent a rapist simply isnt feasible its easier to prevent a rape than to catch every rapist since nobody is a rapist until they rape
no this isnt perfect but humanity is perfect
but we try our best anyway
and besides you make it sound like there are hordes of people hanging out in every shadow hunting for women which simply isnt true
User avatar #102 to #92 - youarenotspecial (03/09/2013) [-]
I get what you are saying. I agree with you on some aspects, even.

I wasn't saying that people should be locked up before they rape, that is just ridiculous. What I was saying is that when cases of rape are investigated, the rapists should be the first priority, not how the victim was dressing. Especially since many rapists are repeat offenders.

I believe that society's view on both sex and rape need a major overhaul. And this attitude that rape only happens to 'sluts" is not helping the problem, at all.

And I wasn't trying to say that their are hordes of rapists everywhere, but rape can happen anywhere. It is just a little ridiculous that a women should have micromanage every tiny little aspect of their life out the fear that such a crime can happen to them bearing mind that they will likely get blamed for it.
User avatar #118 to #102 - icedmantwo (03/09/2013) [-]
i get what your saying there as well
and as the son of a cop im going to point out they only look at clothing in a serious investigation as part of a profile so they know who to warn
society certainly does need change massive change in several areas the populist views on sex and sex crimes being on such area (corruption and greed in political arenas being another that really bothers me)
and we lock our doors at night and install security systems because we dont want theft or murder in our homes they arent big changes but they do help lower the chance of it happening which is what im suggesting here no it isnt foolproof but if somebody wanted to murder you and you didnt know it was coming they probably would try regardless of your security or wait until your vulnerable but it is still a deterrent for a "casual" murderer or rapist (whichever the case may be)
#66 to #63 - jazzytheferret (03/09/2013) [-]
Think I recall hearing/reading that rape is more of a power, control, or wanting to hurt/humiliate someone than a sexual thing, at least the majority of them.
User avatar #68 to #66 - youarenotspecial (03/09/2013) [-]
It really wouldn't surprise me at all.
User avatar #93 to #57 - reginleif (03/09/2013) [-]
Women don't ask for rape by dressing provocatively, they are pretty stupid however if they think it helps. The clothes invite sexual attention they wouldn't get otherwise.

But to your earlier argument concerning getting penetrated by a larger man, no the man wouldn't deserve to get raped, because he is a man and we respect...... jk.

The man wouldn't deserve the rape, and neither would the woman. But listen to this: If there was a tsunami coming to your beach home, and you were ordered to evacuate, wouldn't you? What if you were told to put heavy items on the bottom of your shelves..... and in the case of this poor fellow, dress a little less flashy while in poorer more dangerous neighborhoods.

Those all sound like good pieces of advice, and they are there for your safety.... you would do very well to listen to them instead of complaining that you shouldn't HAVE to do all this. Tsunamis happen, Earthquake happens, muggings happen and so do rapes....so maybe think about that when you are drunk of your ass in a little black dress.

inb4 "Let's teach boys not to rape": We already do this, they are called "laws" and if convicted we send the boy to a nice place called "jail" where he will be taught to perfect his art by Grandmaster Bubba.
User avatar #115 to #93 - youarenotspecial (03/09/2013) [-]
I get what you are saying, however, tsunamis don't have personal responsibility. Now don't get me wrong. Rape happens. People suck. And I do agree that people should practice common sense in order to keep themselves out of harms way.

I do, however, take issue with the assumption that all rape victims are "whores" or morons. That is where the real problem is.

And there is some point the "let's teach boy not to rape" thing. Yeah, laws and jails are all well in good, but in reality, a lot of rape cases aren't even investigated. Because it only happens to whores. There are also a lot of attitudes that your average school boy is going to find perfectly acceptable (assuming he has dumb parents/teachers, like many do) because they are just written off as "boys being boys." I get it, kids can be jerks. But it starts by telling them that it's not ok.
User avatar #120 to #115 - reginleif (03/09/2013) [-]
I wouldn't think highly of any girl's intelligence if she wore the slutty clothes or blew a circle of dudes while drunk off her ass, but that doesn't mean she deserves a rape.

Same **** with this (albeit fake) guy, or anyone who doesn't prepare for a natural disaster...... sure we can say they don't deserve to die......but I wouldn't give them my highest esteem either. They can be whores or morons, they were obviously unaware or unfazed by the dangers of the world.

And I disagree with the generalization that rape laws aren't enforced, for the most part they are when they are REPORTED. This myth of not enforcing rape laws is more speculation, and media propaganda. And while tsunamis and natural events have no personal agency, humans do and they choose to use their powers for evil sometimes, just like a rapist.....a murderer, a thief, or a mugger can disregard laws and attitudes to what he does and strike.

So I ask you once again, would you be opposed to me telling people not to wander off into white vans? Alleyways? To always make sure you have a buddy or taxi to get you home after a drunk?

Or would you insist you shouldn't have to?
#62 to #57 - jazzytheferret (03/09/2013) [-]
I agree that no one "deserves to be raped". Although another argument would be how easy it is for a girl to ruin or nearly ruin a guys life with an accusation. I have personally been taken once because after a drunken hookup with a girl who got caught by her boyfriend (which I was unaware of by the way) claimed it wasn't consensual. Thank god it got thrown out in court due to witnesses and her asking someone for a condom, but I still get looks from some people when I go out to the bar.
User avatar #64 to #62 - youarenotspecial (03/09/2013) [-]
That is true. Those women are ******* horrible. They're a part of the problem, really.
User avatar #72 - setittowumbo (03/09/2013) [-]
Why not don't rape instead of don't get raped?
-7
#78 to #77 - setittowumbo has deleted their comment [-]
#96 to #87 - setittowumbo (03/09/2013) [-]
I love this movie.
I love this movie.
#98 to #78 - reginleif (03/09/2013) [-]
This image has expired
Yes, because rape is totally encouraged by our society, it's totally not against the law and we don't prosecute.

Also we tend to discourage mugging , stealing ,kidnapping, lying, and **** with or without legal punishment yet we still take time to teach our kids how to safeguard against it.

You are spouting an ideology not based on logic, but the dogma of never criticizing women.
#103 to #98 - setittowumbo (03/09/2013) [-]
Whoa! Everyone calm the 			****		 down. I didn't even say any of that 			****		. What the actual 			****		.
Whoa! Everyone calm the **** down. I didn't even say any of that **** . What the actual **** .
User avatar #104 to #103 - reginleif (03/09/2013) [-]
I meant to post this to your first comment, "don't rape".

We already tell people not to rape.
User avatar #107 to #104 - setittowumbo (03/09/2013) [-]
But that was a joke. Why are you getting so mad? Why is everyone getting so mad? It was a question that wasn't even meant to be taken serious. I wasn't sharing an opinion or anything. Nor was I agreeing or disagreeing with the content.
User avatar #110 to #107 - reginleif (03/09/2013) [-]
I fail to see the funny good sir.

All I see is a repeat of the same tired old slogans.

But if you were indeed joking, I'm sorry for not getting the joke which clearly wasn't that good.

That ofc applies to your first comment, the pics were ok.
[ 264 comments ]
Leave a comment
 Friends (0)