not funny. sad truths makes me feel.. Ever heard of the Pearl River, MS shooting? t, l' r Probably net. Iii',''.' aii! This 16 year old kid was stopped by Assis joel myrick prin
x
Click to expand

not funny

not funny. sad truths makes me feel.. Ever heard of the Pearl River, MS shooting? t, l' r Probably net. Iii',''.' aii! This 16 year old kid was stopped by Assis

sad truths makes me feel.

Ever heard of the Pearl
River, MS shooting?
t, l' r Probably net.
Iii',''.' aii! This 16 year old kid
was stopped by
Assist. Joel Mydick
and his MS pistol retrieved
his car.
Did the Gun Free Zone law stop this nut? Nope,
Did an armed citizen with a AS pistol? Yep.
Will you hear this in the mainstream media? Nope,
...
  • Recommend tagsx
+1127
Views: 37154
Favorited: 155
Submitted: 12/18/2012
Share On Facebook
Add to favorites Subscribe to ryantarantula submit to reddit

Comments(492):

[ 492 comments ]
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
User avatar #216 - iaintevenrustled (12/19/2012) [-]
Guess what happened at MY school? Kids were ******* around in the lunch room, joking about punching the **** out of each other (Hit chest really hard to produce thud, while missing friends face with fist to make it seem like punch). Then they grabbed knives and ketchup packets and pretended stab each other and bleed. ******* parent decides to get out gun and try to calm situation down by screaming "NOBODY MOVE, AND DROP THE KNIVES!" Whole cafeteria goes nuts, and kids look up and **** pants while dropping knives (they're plastic, mind you. Been plastic since one kid stabbed another in the neck). Parent then shoots one of them, and his defense was "I didn't see a school id, I thought he was here to kill him". Luckily it was just a bullet to the arm, but the man spent some time in prison.

TL;DR Not all people should have guns. Some defective humans will pull the trigger based on hasty assumptions.

I don't think guns should be banned, hell no. But don't think guns are just safety. They're dangerous tools, that can easily cause harm or death to those who didn't deserve it.
User avatar #244 to #216 - asschwitz (12/19/2012) [-]
It was the guys fault. You should never shoot unless it's absolutely required. And what made him think it would be a good idea to pull a pistol out in a cafeteria full of kids..?
User avatar #256 to #244 - iaintevenrustled (12/19/2012) [-]
Teenagers really, but I live in hick-town. Where the brain cells are few. We had to move here -_-
User avatar #258 to #256 - asschwitz (12/19/2012) [-]
That sucks. And honestly, the last thing you wanna do is panic if a gun gets pulled. Because it'll be harder to hit his intentional target, and he'll more or less likely fire multiple shots, without ever hitting his target, and more then likely hitting innocent bystanders.
User avatar #479 to #216 - japfapper (12/19/2012) [-]
Okay, a valid point, but how are we supposed to determine who can and cannot handle a gun? Are we supposed to do psychiatric evaluations on every person trying to buy a hand gun? The guns that were used to shoot those children were purchased legally by his mother. There was no way of telling how or what they were going to be used for. People who plan on doing terrible things with guns are going to do them regardless of whether they purchase a gun legally or if they have to steal them from someone else.
User avatar #132 - BeoX (12/19/2012) [-]
The obvious solution to school shootings, then, is to have all teachers carry around .45 caliber pistols, be they first or twelfth grade teachers. This is obviously the best solution with no potential side effects.
#133 to #132 - pedobearson (12/19/2012) [-]
Well, doesn't someone like the straw man fallacy. It actually is the best solution, albeit it may have some side effects. The pros would outweigh the cons though.
User avatar #137 to #133 - BeoX (12/19/2012) [-]
Alright. Alright. Alright. Now. Tell me something; are we really so goddamned cynical as a society to believe that everyone should carry around a firearm at all times, especially teachers of ******* 5 and 6 year olds? I'm sorry, but when the hell did I wake up in the world of Mad Max or some stereotypical vision of the Old West? Are we really, as a nation, willing to accept that it is BETTER if everyone carried around guns, all the time? Is that what we've come to? Because if it is, if being so paranoid and scared of those around us that we constantly carry around something designed to end life, then I am no American.
User avatar #146 to #137 - stunning (12/19/2012) [-]
carrying a gun around with you doesnt mean flashing it around popping off shots
User avatar #149 to #146 - BeoX (12/19/2012) [-]
It's the principle of the act, my Funnyjunk friend. It's the principle believing you have to be constantly armed. It's like being in an abusive relationship; you don't simply defend yourself, you get the hell out of the relationship.
User avatar #155 to #149 - stunning (12/19/2012) [-]
Running away wont solve everything. Sometimes you gotta face it and do something. Even if it means getting out your own gun and shooting the other guy tryin to kill everyone else. Would you rather have 1 dead child or 20 dead childrenz?
User avatar #158 to #155 - BeoX (12/19/2012) [-]
Of course you do. I'm not advocating rolling over and taking it from some criminal wastrel. However, I will not advocate being constantly armed to the tooth and mentally prepared to end someone's life. And in cases such as the actual content here, I'm glad the principal had a weapon with which he could defend the innocent. That does not mean, though, that we should all be armed at all times, "just in case."
User avatar #163 to #158 - stunning (12/19/2012) [-]
okay maybe you dont have to kill the kid just shoot him in the leg or something i dont know. and i never said anything about being armed at all times. thats ridiculous. im not gonna go to a job interview with a pistol in my waist no thank you. I dont know man i guess everyone has different views. im being trained as a police officer here in toronto and i guess having a gun would be a pretty good idea if used responsibly
User avatar #166 to #163 - BeoX (12/19/2012) [-]
I agree. When I'm of age, I probably will buy a handgun, for multiple reasons, mainly for protection and because shooting is damned fun. But that some people think we need or ought to all own weapons for personal, constant defense is absurd.
#139 to #137 - pedobearson (12/19/2012) [-]
Yes.
User avatar #144 to #139 - BeoX (12/19/2012) [-]
I will gladly accept those red thumbs. I refuse to be so cynical as to believe that everyone is potentially out to slaughter me. I refuse to accept that guns should be held aloft as the only true protectors of justice. I am not for the outlawing of guns, that is simply unconstitutional. But to immerse our children in a culture so permeated by instruments of death, and then to exalt those instruments, is not only un-American, but plain barbaric. America is better than that. Humanity is better than that.
#150 to #144 - pedobearson (12/19/2012) [-]
OK, OK, I was kidding. Not everyone is out to slaughter you, but when they do then you should always have a means to protect yourself, equal to or above your foe's. Who do you expect to win, a guy with even a bee bee gun versus a guy with mere fists?
User avatar #156 to #150 - BeoX (12/19/2012) [-]
That's the same logic that got us into the Cold War. Constant one-upsmanship with foes leads only to more potential death. Everyone starts carrying handguns, then muggers don't wait to murder you, they just shoot first and steal later. Muggers do that, average citizens begin shooting first at anyone who looks slightly suspicious. And now we have a land founded on distrust of your fellow man and general anarchy. Having a gun is not defense, it's offense waiting to happen.
User avatar #154 to #144 - anthonyd (12/19/2012) [-]
****** part is, we aren't better than that. America isn't, humanity isn't. We're all a load of douche
#72 - haywoodjablome (12/18/2012) [-]
mfw discussions that follow
mfw discussions that follow
User avatar #5 - gammajk (12/18/2012) [-]
Except he didn't stop **** . The guy killed 2 people and wounded 7 others after bludgeoning his mother to death and got "stopped" when he was driving away to go to a different area.
Once again, you ******* dumb ***** are focusing on HURR DURR USE GUNZ TO STOP DA SHOTERS instead of focusing on the real causes of the problem. Want to know what the cause was? Here's a note the kid left his friend before going on the shooting:
"I am not insane, I am angry.I am a cross dresser. I killed because people like me are mistreated every day. I did this to show society, push us and we will push back. ... All throughout my life, I was ridiculed, always beaten, always hated. Can you, society, truly blame me for what I do? Yes, you will. ... It was not a cry for attention, it was not a cry for help. It was a scream in sheer agony saying that if you can't pry your eyes open, if I can't do it through pacifism, if I can't show you through the displaying of intelligence, then I will do it with a bullet."

Yeah, he sounds like a normal, well-adjusted human being, doesn't he? Maybe focus on the fact that he probably has mild autism and severe depression instead of THE WAY THAT WE DEAL WITH IT AFTER IT'S ALREADY TOO LATE.
User avatar #314 to #5 - zenagirl (12/19/2012) [-]
Cross dresser?


What a faggot
#362 to #5 - John Cena (12/19/2012) [-]
o he mad.
#6 to #5 - locuples (12/18/2012) [-]
Seems like I'm not the only one that just read the wikipedia entry of this incident because that picture stank of biased "truths".
User avatar #8 to #5 - Fgner (12/18/2012) [-]
You don't need a gun to go on a killing rampage to be honest. Go run people over in a car, chainsaw it up, or who's going to say no to a crazy guy with a makeshift bomb? I mean, humans have done pretty well murdering each other the thousands of years before guns were invented. If nobody has a gun, sure, nobody will get shot. But that's not going to stop all the violence and death. It'll just use a different medium.

Plus, criminals have this tendency to break the law. I wonder why someone obviously on a mission for murder wouldn't want to follow the law. Europe has much worse/more (I forget which) public shootings than the U.S. But I blame that on overzealous gun laws (cops can't have guns except a couple special times).

I don't own a gun, but I believe in the right to defend yourself and accept the inevitability that crazy/malicious people will always exist. When I have a wife, I'll most likely want her to carry a small firearm with her at all times, just in case. I believe that gun laws should be stricter, but a bit. And that the laws and procedures regarding people committing crimes with weapons should be much heavier.
#24 to #8 - John Cena (12/18/2012) [-]
You forgot all the examples? Funny, cause I live in Europe and I sure as hell haven't heard about those crazy shootings you are mentioning...
User avatar #27 to #24 - Fgner (12/18/2012) [-]
www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/06/10/john-lott-america-gun-ban-murders-multiple-victim-public-shootings-europe/

Couldn't remember the name of the shooting, but just Googling "EU public shooting" gives me this article as the #1. Google is a wonderful tool, you should use it some time.
#370 to #27 - John Cena (12/19/2012) [-]
It sure is.

[url deleted]
User avatar #10 to #8 - gammajk (12/18/2012) [-]
So why not actually try to deal with the root of evil/crazy/maliciousness instead of just killing them and saying "it will always exist".
User avatar #11 to #10 - Fgner (12/18/2012) [-]
Because the root of evil/crazy/maliciousness is the very existence of the mind. Deep neurological issues and unmovable psychological ideas are the reasons people do these things. It's not some societal thing you can change, to fix these problems you would have to fix the human brain itself.

And if you did fix these aspects of it, you will have stripped away the free will of man. It's because we can decide and choose that we can do things like this. We can rationalize insanity within ourselves, this man truly believed with every ounce of his being that murdering all those people was the only way. And there are many worse cases out there.

And how would you even diagnose these conditions? Because people can lie and decide for themselves, you can't actually often determine this homicidal insanity until an attempt has been committed.

You can fix society as much as you want, but there will always be the crazies, and they will always find something. It's human nature, it's human biology. Don't try to make me the bad guy for making you admit the fact that humans have constantly found ways to murder and kill for thousands of years, and that crazy people will always exist and find a way. You can't fix the problems we're talking about. Never.
User avatar #114 to #11 - gammajk (12/19/2012) [-]
But the problem is that these cases CAN be fixed. Murdering innocent people isn't something that rational people do, and irrationality can be spotted. Education is the key here - a more well educated public trained to spot behaviours typical of schizophrenia, depression and other major disorders will be able to "fix" people before they do something this drastic. These "deep neurological issues" can be treated and there's no such thing as an "unmovable psychological idea".
Free will of man my ass, they're taking away the free will of others by, you know, slaughtering them.
You can be as pessimistic as you like, but claiming that the disorders that cause people to murder are unfixable is ignorant and just plain wrong.
User avatar #167 to #114 - revanthewin (12/19/2012) [-]
Alright, if someone's schizophrenic, and someone else can tell that he is, then the crazy guy gets medication. A few years go by and one day maybe forgets to take his medication or maybe he gets worse. Then he goes and shoots some people anyway.

Also just because they kill a lot of people doesn't mean they're crazy. You can right that off as a convenient excuse, but that doesn't mean they're 100% crazy. They can go kill a ton of people just because they're angry. There's no way to treat a disorder, there's no way to "fix" them. They're just angry.
User avatar #270 to #167 - revanthewin (12/19/2012) [-]
Really? Normal people, under no circumstances murder anyone else? There's never been a single person in the history of the all of humanity who killed someone else for any other reason besides that they had a mental disorder.

And I do believe that they don't have to happen, but they still do, and nothing will change that. Even if someone does have schizophrenia, and they do get help for it, that isn't a sure guarantee that they won't snap and start killing people. Someone could start ******* with them about it and make them do it. Also, I said crazy because schizophrenia is a really long ******* word, and I didn't want to type in schizophrenia more than once, but if you want me to I could type schizophrenia more than once to avoid any confusion about what I mean when I'm talking about schizophrenia.

And last, you want me to find a shooting that doesn't involve someone with a mental disorder? Fine, I already found one. It's right above us. Didn't say anything about any mental disorders or anything. He was just some guy who people ****** with a lot. If he even had any mental disorder, it could have even been caused by people ******* with him.

P.S. I can tell from the way you write off people who shoot other people as schizophrenic that you really have no idea as to why people go on these shooting sprees in the first place.
User avatar #230 to #167 - gammajk (12/19/2012) [-]
You still don't get it. Why are you refusing to even consider the idea that these shootings don't HAVE to happen?
I can tell by the way you write off people with schizophrenia as "crazy" that you really have no idea as to why people go on these shooting sprees in the first place. Go look at some records of these mass shootings, and tell me how many you find that DON'T have some sort of mental disorder. These aren't normal people who just "get angry", normal people DON'T MURDER.
User avatar #417 to #230 - Fgner (12/19/2012) [-]
George Hennard. He even let a woman and her child leave.
Jivverly Wong. He was an immigrant and was just having a tough time fitting in - for years. Said he felt "degraded and disrespected" in America. A bitter, unlucky man. But not insane.
Howard Unruh. Poor kid got teased for years. About being a mama's boy, about (not true) him being homosexual, One day he comes home from the movies, and someone had stolen his new gate. He got into his best suit, got his mom out (through threats of course), had breakfast, and went out to kill those who had made fun of him. He killed innocent people who stood in his way. A cop even said "You a phyco?" after the killings, he responded: "I'm no phyco. I have a good mind." Is he insane - of course not. Who wouldn't snap after years of nonstop emotional and mental abuse.

www.buzzfeed.com/craigslistkiller/the-normal-lives-of-10-notorious-serial-killers

And those are just SERIAL KILLERS and MASS MURDERERS. Let's not even bring in the one time murderers, domestic abusers, blah blah blah. Maybe you should grow up and know what you are talking about before you start blabbering your mouth like you know what's going on.
User avatar #427 to #417 - gammajk (12/19/2012) [-]
I don't think you understand the difference between "insanity" and "mental illness".
User avatar #430 to #427 - Fgner (12/19/2012) [-]
Insane:
Seriously mentally ill.
They're synonyms you idiot. Why don't you try countering the sound arguments we all provided instead of arguing semantics like a child.
User avatar #477 to #430 - gammajk (12/19/2012) [-]
Because it's people like you who write off everybody that does these things as "crazy" or "insane" that DIRECTLY CAUSE THEM TO AVOID SEEKING HELP. ******* morons like you label them, provide them with a negative connotation, you laugh at them, you insult them, and then when they finally snap and shoot a few kids, you cry, boo ******* hoo, why did this evil man do this, he must have been some faggot loser with no friends with some faggoty insanity disorder.

Plus, it doesn't take a SEVERE mental illness to cause these things. All it takes is even a mild case of depression, constantly lowering your self esteem, your confidence, incapacitating your ability to function in society and feeling, even if it isn't true, as if society is laughing at you, like they rejected you because you're such a loser. This **** eats away at your mind CONSTANTLY and it'd drive you to shoot up a ******* school too if it happened to you.
User avatar #538 to #477 - Fgner (12/19/2012) [-]
I was the one that just proved that normal people commit murders. I was the one who just stated that insanity isn't black and white, there is a massive grey area. You don't seem to understand what the conversation is about now. YOU said normal people don't do this, only crazy peopel do. YOU labeled and judged. and I defended them.

You just contradicted yourself completely you moron. Seriously, you should just stop talking now.
User avatar #552 to #538 - gammajk (12/20/2012) [-]
You have absolutely no reading comprehension and are clearly incapable of cognitive reasoning. Please go get an elementary education before arguing on the internet about **** you have absolutely no clue about.
User avatar #567 to #552 - Fgner (12/20/2012) [-]
Holy **** , you are stupid.
> Talk about the topic at hand you stupid twat.
> Make up your mind over which side you are on.
> If you pick one stupid side, at least defend it.
> Nice job using your "big words." You saying reading comprehensions and cognitive reasoning totally don't make you sound like you're trying to appear smart.

I can't help but notice the only thing you did after we presented absolute truths that disproved you is argue semantics and then switch your viewpoint rapidly. Get back on topic if you want to talk at all.
User avatar #395 to #230 - Fgner (12/19/2012) [-]
Actually, murder is a built in desire of the human mind. Evolution taught us dog eat dog, and though we don't physically murder, we still murder economically and socially. We wage brutal war against others, but it's okay because it's on a national level. So every soldier is therefore insane? So every corporate man is insane? Hell, every man tries to ruin somebody at some point in his life. So every man is insane.

You seem to put so much emphasis on the insanity of the perpetrator. Why does he have to be insane? Why can't normal people murder? Why can't a man just be pushed one to many times? Why can't a person just look in the mirror one day and snap? Insanity isn't some magical property that is black or white. Insanity is so complex and unique it's unstoppable. People can be fine one day and the next day lose it.

The state of the human mind teaters on the edge of insanity at all times, it's how we are capable of emotion and free will. The same reason you cry when a loved one dies is the same reason someone may put a gun to their own head. The same reason you grind your teeth when someone is taking an argument too far is the reason someone may put a gun to anothers head. How we handle these emotions, how we conduct ourselves is the problem.

And yes, you are right, perhaps if we lived in a utopia, where nobody fought and nobody suffered we could prevent these things simply by keeping thosewho are clinically insane at bay. But we don't. Nor will we ever. It's a cruel dog eat dog world, and our minds are designed the way they are.

And if you want some examples, read my next comment.
User avatar #12 to #10 - Fgner (12/18/2012) [-]
And sorry if I'm not getting my ideas across properly. It's pretty late and I've had a long week(end). I read it over and it didn't sound right to me, but it was close enough. I think I got my point out.
#202 to #8 - John Cena (12/19/2012) [-]
Europe doesn't have more school shootings than the US i call ********

And when is the last time you heard of someone killing 20 people in one day with a knife.
people aren't saying stopping guns is gonna stop murder but it will reduce there ability to do so.
User avatar #228 to #202 - dankfrank (12/19/2012) [-]
22 children and elderly woman stabbed outside primary school by Chinese knifeman

Happened the same day as the school shooting! Checkmate
#283 to #228 - John Cena (12/19/2012) [-]
There were 0 deaths.
User avatar #302 to #283 - dankfrank (12/19/2012) [-]
But I can guarantee his intent was to kill.
Just because it wasnt an effective weapon doesnt mean **** .

#365 to #302 - John Cena (12/19/2012) [-]
So we have two disturbed individuals, both of whom decided to assault a school.

In one of the incidents, almost everyone died. In the other, no one died. The primary difference between the two was the weapon used.

You think that "doesn't mean **** "?

User avatar #21 - gagster (12/18/2012) [-]
I thumbed down, Wasn't funny.
#396 - lebobybob (12/19/2012) [-]
here's how the system should work, step 1) mental check, step 2) background check, step 3) proper use training, step 4) here's your mother ******* gun
#409 to #396 - bnoble (12/19/2012) [-]
He didn't buy the gun. He stole it from is mother, killed her, then went on the rampage. Point being these kind of people will always find a way to do what they want.
#421 to #409 - John Cena (12/19/2012) [-]
hey, thats what gun safes are for, if you buy a gun and you have an insane kid, get the ******* gun safe so they can't get the ******* guns! This isn't bloody rocket science people!
#488 to #396 - japfapper (12/19/2012) [-]
1.) A woman goes to buy a gun.

2.) Passes all criteria for owning gun.

3.) Locks guns in gun safe.

4.) Her son, unbeknownst to her, unlocks the safe and takes 3 guns she has in there, precedes to kill her and shoot up an elementary school.
User avatar #415 - MitsukiOokami (12/19/2012) [-]
The info in this post is misleading: The principal stopped him as the kid attempted to flee the scene. Although he could have stopped the kid from committing more murders later, this pic is a bit misleading in leaving the reader to assume he stopped the boy mid-rampage.

However, I still agree with the message it's sending since the principal could have saved many more lives by stopping him from escaping. I am prepared for any red thumbs.
#25 - lizardonfire (12/18/2012) [-]
Good job, you started a sh*tstorm.
Now lets lean back and enjoy
User avatar #28 - iitroxic (12/18/2012) [-]
Below us we see the fight of Anti-gunfags and Pro-gunfags

Nothing much is resolved.
User avatar #440 - Tyranitar (12/19/2012) [-]
Hunting and self-defense weapons should be alright, if the people purchasing them are looked into to make sure they aren't messed up in the head. But no civilian in the country should need a ******* SMG or a sniper rifle that can remove the top half of a man's body.
User avatar #491 to #440 - homelessgus (12/19/2012) [-]
no, people don't NEED them, but they WANT them simply because they are cool. obviously excluding full-auto. thumb me down for having an opinion. i dont care.
#425 - sokolftw (12/19/2012) [-]
**sokolftw rolled a random image posted in comment #381728 at Anime & Manga ** Politics on the internet.
**sokolftw rolled a random image posted in comment #381728 at Anime & Manga ** Politics on the internet.
User avatar #498 to #425 - theaceofthespade (12/19/2012) [-]
This is... weirdly accurate
User avatar #413 - Eventually (12/19/2012) [-]
Not really...he was trying to leave when Mr. .45 held him at gunpoint until authorities showed up. Nobody stopped him, he finished on his own. Maybe if Mr. .45 had been carrying in the school he could have actually stopped him, but that's a different debate
User avatar #422 to #413 - MitsukiOokami (12/19/2012) [-]
He could have fled the scene and went on a killing spree elsewhere to wreak more havoc. The principal MAY have saved lives either way. Or just stopped him from getting away. Either way...
#405 - DrWeird (12/19/2012) [-]
I guess we'll never see a day when politics is left out of Funnyjunk...
I guess we'll never see a day when politics is left out of Funnyjunk...
#31 - malifauxdeux (12/18/2012) [-]
Except that, if there was adequate gun control, that 16 year old wouldn't have gotten a gun in the first place, and there wouldn't have even been a situation.
User avatar #407 to #31 - trowlernotparas (12/19/2012) [-]
just because it's illegal doesn't mean people won't have it such as any ******* drug
User avatar #235 to #31 - falxon (12/19/2012) [-]
im 16 and i can get a gun easy my dad owns 5 legally and i am in canada
User avatar #289 to #31 - supermegasherman (12/19/2012) [-]
locks only keeps honest people honest. getting an illegal firearm is very possible if you know where to look
#143 - Sampsy (12/19/2012) [-]
Did the fact that guns are legal provide the possibility for it to happen in the first place? Yep.
0
#160 to #143 - blinkfreak has deleted their comment [-]
#162 to #160 - comradewinter (12/19/2012) [-]
Just because something exists on the market doesn't mean illegalizing it is not effective. There's a **** ton more who drink alcohol than smoke marijuana or any other illicit drugs.
User avatar #170 to #162 - zarcos (12/19/2012) [-]
ever hear of Prohibition?
User avatar #191 to #170 - roflsaucer (12/19/2012) [-]
Yea. And it didn't work, either.
User avatar #192 to #191 - zarcos (12/19/2012) [-]
thats the point.
User avatar #193 to #192 - roflsaucer (12/19/2012) [-]
Well I feel stupid now.
0
#161 to #160 - blinkfreak has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #171 to #143 - mayedh (12/19/2012) [-]
Not really. Illegal guns are pretty easy to get. They're cheaper too.
User avatar #173 to #171 - Welshhobo (12/19/2012) [-]
Thats because you live in a country were you can buy guns you moron. Anywhere where guns are illegal are practically impossible to get.
User avatar #241 to #173 - theaveragejoe (12/19/2012) [-]
Lets equate a ban on guns to a ban on drugs. it will not work. Marijuana is illegal but almost half of my school smokes it. Sound like it working? nope. point is, if someone is determined to get something thats illegal they will.
User avatar #534 to #241 - Welshhobo (12/19/2012) [-]
What the **** are you talking about "Lets equate a ban on guns to a ban drugs". Lets equate your ass to your mouth because its talking **** .
For a start, theres a huge moral difference between buying yourself some drugs, or buying yourself a gun. No one in any civilized country feels the need to buy a gun, let alone risk getting caught buying one. When you buy yourself drugs, you aren't buying something that is made specifically to kill people.

There is literally no use for guns other than murdering children in schools, unless you live in yellowstone ****** park.
#259 to #241 - John Cena (12/19/2012) [-]
There is a difference you retard. Drugs are way easier to fabricate and sneak in, unlike guns that need an actual factory and assemble which make the production costs really high.
User avatar #179 to #173 - mayedh (12/19/2012) [-]
So does the shooter.
#190 to #143 - pyroniclol (12/19/2012) [-]
It's too late for making guns illegal. They are already millions of them here. Unless the gov't goes on some gun repossession crusade.... and we all know how badly that would turn out.
#441 to #143 - zenethe (12/19/2012) [-]
*Did the fact that guns exist provide the possibility for it to happen in the first place? Yep.*

Just because it's illegal doesn't mean it's gonna stop people from getting it
#164 to #157 - rprol (12/19/2012) [-]
no but the people who commit the sort of atrocities such as the recent shooting aren't generally criminals.
User avatar #168 to #164 - karson (12/19/2012) [-]
I figured you'd say that. (thanks for the red thumb, also) anyways, the point is, making guns illegal isn't going to keep them out of the hands of criminals. someone who plans on killing a ******** of people obviously doesn't give a **** about how he gets the guns to do it. basically, if a psycho wants a gun bad enough, he can get it. case in point: friend of mines school had a kid who got arrested the day before his planned shooting because one the of guys who he asked to help him reported him. when they searched his house, they found several fully automatic weapons and about 10 bombs. Obviously he didn't buy those legally. it was in a ghetto area and he admitted to buying the guns off of a couple of gang-bangers. like I said, its not like someone who wants to kill a bunch of people gives a single **** about whether or not he obtained the weapons legally or not. truly, all banning guns would do is keep them out of the hands of normal people.
#175 to #168 - rprol (12/19/2012) [-]
i didn't red thumb you (i haven't red thumbed anyone on the gun debate apart from if they're retarded). no banning guns won't keep them out of the people who are really determined to get them. however it does stop the people who snap from going out on a rampage at whim. it needs a bit of premeditation. in addition to that it allows a buffer of time for the authorities to stop the individual. im not saying that they always would but it makes it easier for them and prevents random killings where the would be shooter can't simply open his front door and gun down the neighbourhood children.
User avatar #187 to #175 - karson (12/19/2012) [-]
while I respect your opinion, I still disagree. if someone wants to go on a rampage they're gonna do it with whatever weapons they can find. in china (or was it japan? anyways) there are mass killings but instead of guns a guy stabbed and cut up a ******** of school children. I have a friend who lives in sydney, where guns are really hard to obtain, and there are gangs of people at night who murder people by hacking them up with machetes. while guns being legal here in the US definitely has bad side effects, I do believe it is better in the long run for the people. the founding fathers want the citizens to have firearms not only for the defense of the country with militia but also if they didn't like the government. the idea was that if the people believed the government was corrupt, the 2nd amendment gives them the ability to attempt to overthrow said government. the 2nd amendment is kind of like insurance for all the other amendments. (or at least, that was the founding fathers' reason for it).
#194 to #187 - rprol (12/19/2012) [-]
of course there will be an increase in other types of violence. that doesn't give an excuse to keep this particular type. and for the second amendment, do you not trust the american democracy enough to let the system work? it doesn't ensure that you keep democracy as evidenced when George bush beat Al Gore in Florida. and when you look at the oppression in Bahrain and elsewhere in the middle east where guns are almost as readily available as in the US then you can see that it wouldn't help to overthrow the government even if it did become corrupt (and be honest. what do you think are the chances of that happening ever in the US? Not only does the very system of democracy (generally) work to keep that stuff from happening but also organisations such as the UN, NATO and all of America's allies would steer the country away from such a disastrous course if it came to it.
User avatar #209 to #194 - karson (12/19/2012) [-]
like I said, it was the founding fathers' idea. if the government was bad enough to start a revolt, then I'd say the democracy wouldn't be in place at all, let alone to keep it from happening. clearly, even if there was a revolt, due the the very advanced weaponry the US military uses, it would be over in a few days.and I know revolts usually don't work, especially when its a couple of normal people with ak's against a trained army with heavy weapons such as MG's, mortars, artillery, air support and tanks, to name a few.(pretty sure the few recent civil wars have been going quite well for the rebels, look at the libyan civil war. Even the syrian rebels are doing fairly well right now) personally, I would rather be shot in the face than have my ******* arms hacked off, but hey, that's just me. all of this said, I like guns. I live in a rural area, own quite a bit of different shotguns and rifles, and I like to target shoot as a hobby and have gone to a few state competitions.( irrelevant maybe, but thought you should know why I am in this debate with you.)
#210 to #209 - rprol (12/19/2012) [-]
fair enough. im not saying all guns should be banned outright. i just think that there needs to be an overhaul of what is considered acceptable.
User avatar #213 to #210 - karson (12/19/2012) [-]
ah, well then, for some reason I thought you did. Honestly, we should start fixing the guns issue just by actually enforcing the gun laws that are already in place.
User avatar #447 - unknownhero (12/19/2012) [-]
Why the **** did this get so many thumbs?
User avatar #290 - zeroxnight (12/19/2012) [-]
the point is to ban assault rifles that would only be useful in shooting sprees. not hand guns. only time you need an AK 47 is when there is a zombie apocalypse
User avatar #77 - iampatricstar (12/18/2012) [-]
Bad argument. Ignorant people will look at this and say "oh people using guns break the law!" because it is illegal to have a gun on a school campus, even if it is a registered weapon. Also, the assistant principal probably broke protocol and a plan put in place to project children and could of possibly risked more children in the process.
User avatar #79 to #77 - volleys (12/18/2012) [-]
I think this is a great idea to let employees carry weapons on campus, not people who just walk in or students.
#80 to #77 - selfdenyingbeggar (12/18/2012) [-]
That actually makes a good argument to support being able to have a gun everywhere. I see your point, though.
User avatar #82 to #80 - iampatricstar (12/18/2012) [-]
Well, I do agree with the right to bear arms. If it is a registered firearm, they should be allowed it on a school campus, but possibly after going through psychiatric testing beforehand if the firearm would be on the campus.
#86 to #77 - fuzionusf (12/18/2012) [-]
According to what I read, the principal had his gun in a car parked outside of the school's Gun Free Zone. He ran to it and got it and ran back to the school.
User avatar #136 to #86 - iampatricstar (12/19/2012) [-]
That is even riskier because the gun free zone ends a mile away from the school, I believe. That would be he ran a mile, grabbed his gun, ran back INTO A GUN FREE ZONE, and then shot the child.
User avatar #45 - FJSoldier (12/18/2012) [-]
Did you hear about the middleschool massacre in england in 2010? No?! 100 scones were all smashed to pieces over the pronounciation of the word scone. It was a massacre I tell you, all over the news!
#424 - nonamemeant (12/19/2012) [-]
MFW these discussions
MFW these discussions
[ 492 comments ]
Leave a comment
 Friends (0)