Piracy. . an anus TO traf.., mer other HAVE ARE! -H ma n: . r WHATER THE FEE-‘ ) A near an "rm: mar an new . , . ACEEPT CAMS cost TWICE 5 SOME GAMES FROM '' id'
x
Click to expand

Piracy

an anus TO traf.., mer other HAVE ARE! -H ma n: . r WHATER THE FEE-‘ )
A near an "rm:
mar an new . , . ACEEPT CAMS cost TWICE 5
SOME GAMES FROM '' id' i' THE ONLY ALTERNTAVE Em?‘ m
THE mums Hans: STATES m aunt PREPAID man: ', W 60 ii)
Capra
...
  • Recommend tagsx
+2349
Views: 66621
Favorited: 111
Submitted: 11/16/2012
Share On Facebook
Add to favorites Subscribe to flashcache submit to reddit

Comments(165):

[ 165 comments ]
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
#84 - julpiter (11/16/2012) [-]
how they think it works
how they think it works
#19 - corundum (11/16/2012) [-]
Seriously, **** people limiting web content by country.
User avatar #33 to #19 - RAWRomnomnom (11/16/2012) [-]
Porn is blocked in the country I live in...
#41 to #33 - zackmorris (11/16/2012) [-]
I am so, so sorry.
#60 to #33 - adunsaveme (11/16/2012) [-]
I will add to the 			****		 section and dedicate it to you
I will add to the **** section and dedicate it to you
#174 to #60 - RAWRomnomnom (11/17/2012) [-]
Thank you, kind stranger.
Thank you, kind stranger.
User avatar #42 to #33 - makethingsworse (11/16/2012) [-]
You poor bastard...
#45 to #33 - anon (11/16/2012) [-]
Tell me where you live so i can never go there. just kidding its prolly really kerl
User avatar #96 to #33 - ipoood (11/17/2012) [-]
where do you live?
User avatar #173 to #96 - RAWRomnomnom (11/17/2012) [-]
I live in Bahrain, it's a small ass country in the Middle East next to Saudi...this place is hell, thank God I only have 7 months left here. I MISS MY PORN.
#3 - lazyvoltage (11/16/2012) [-]
I'm a pc gamer and I always buy from the steam store as norwegian game prices are ridiculous. A new game costs around 100 bucks which is ******* retarded.
User avatar #31 to #3 - serotonin ONLINE (11/16/2012) [-]
You think that is big? Is Serbia new games are about 60eur....but average salary here is 300-350e
0
#56 to #31 - sikicireyis has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #47 to #31 - newbrony (11/16/2012) [-]
Same in Croatia, although we have even less shops that sell video games. I usually go to Serbia to buy something digital.
User avatar #44 to #3 - rokkarokkaali (11/16/2012) [-]
And where I live buying a new game is 120 dollars, where getting a dollar is 20 ******* pesos. So we have to pay 2400 pesos which is 20% of the average salary.
User avatar #52 to #3 - lysham (11/16/2012) [-]
100 bucks?in malaysian us is x3.1 more value..so 60 bucks can reach to RM200..fck..i realy want guild wars 2 but i cant afford it...and more my internet is 120 ringgit per month and still limited
#121 to #3 - bigdeadi (11/17/2012) [-]
But that's because you guys make a **** load of money. Your economy is so good, thanks to your oil.
#109 to #3 - vigilum ONLINE (11/17/2012) [-]
That's pretty much only PS3 games.   
What stores do you even go to?
That's pretty much only PS3 games.
What stores do you even go to?
#126 to #109 - lazyvoltage (11/17/2012) [-]
I go to gamestop, and there's no difference in price between ps3 and xbox 360 games.
User avatar #127 to #126 - vigilum ONLINE (11/17/2012) [-]
Look at more stores than one.
I usually find that the xbox games are a fair bit cheaper than the PS3 ones.
#128 to #127 - lazyvoltage (11/17/2012) [-]
Maybe in the us, not here. There aren't a big selection of places to buy games either, there are two major game retailers, Gamestop and Game. They got pretty equal prices. Then there's the stores that primarily sell something but also sell games and they're even more expensive.
User avatar #15 to #3 - safo (11/16/2012) [-]
$80 here in Lebanon, I got the same game for $17

I saw The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion the other day for $70, what the actual **** ? Skyrim is $80...

Gaben saved me from piracy, I actually own originals from steam. He did it!
User avatar #70 to #15 - dustyshane (11/16/2012) [-]
What? Oblivion is $70 over there? Since it's like 6 years old over here, you can get the GoTY Oblivion for $20.
User avatar #170 to #70 - safo (11/17/2012) [-]
it is, its just the place that sells original games is **** retarded.

everytime a new CoD gets released they price it $90 because of demand..I pirate it every year because **** activision money whoring
User avatar #171 to #170 - dustyshane (11/17/2012) [-]
I had no idea games are affected by demand, at release that is. They're usually just fixed at $60 at while, and may last up to a year or even way less, it really depends on the popularity of the game.
User avatar #4 to #3 - Dairuga (11/16/2012) [-]
Yes, yes exactly. As a Norwegian inhabitant, I always thought 100 dollars, or 600 crowns, was what games cost everywhere.
Cue growing up, and realizing people only tend to spend 20 Dollars on games and such, in USA and **** .
Sad story, bro.
User avatar #10 to #4 - Maroon (11/16/2012) [-]
no... new games here are 60 dollars. not as bad as 100 but still nowhere near the 20. who told you 20?
User avatar #13 to #10 - divinecreator (11/16/2012) [-]
probally someone who just bought Duke Nukem lol
#107 to #13 - bigballamike (11/17/2012) [-]
But Duke Nukem is only $6...
User avatar #14 to #13 - thepalmtoptiger (11/16/2012) [-]
or people who are catching up on last-gen games.
User avatar #40 to #13 - mrthezho (11/16/2012) [-]
I went to Germany just a few weeks after Duke Nukem forever came out and saw it for just 5€ in a store.
#24 to #13 - jinkazama (11/16/2012) [-]
I saw the balls of steel edition for €17 one month after launch. That's a pricedrop of €83 in one month because of how hard it tanked.
#54 to #10 - ohhitheree (11/16/2012) [-]
They USED to cost $20. That was before Bush.
User avatar #32 to #10 - kaxu (11/16/2012) [-]
Lucky guy ... In France new games are around 70euro wich is 90$.
Yep, new games are god damn expensives.
#21 to #10 - Sammael (11/16/2012) [-]
A year old game will be around that much, on Steam.
Not everyone has to have game right as it comes out.
User avatar #11 to #4 - newsmyrna (11/16/2012) [-]
I live in Florida where are the 20 dollar games at.
#18 to #4 - anon (11/16/2012) [-]
New release games in USA are actually about 50-60 USD, then after two months they go down to 30-40 USD.

It unfortunately doesn't go as low as 20 anymore with inflation as it is.
#143 to #4 - ending (11/17/2012) [-]
the reason they are so expensive is because you get paid more. Minimum wage in the U.S is around 7.25(I know, im a minimum wage slave), and norway's minimum wage is around 14$ from what I heard. If you do the math, Norwegians get the longer part of the stick.
User avatar #29 to #4 - honkan (11/16/2012) [-]
FYI, you don't translate kroner. Its called Norwegian kroner in English.
User avatar #134 - MegaAwesomeSauce (11/17/2012) [-]
If you make it unbelievably difficult for consumers to get hold of your products while fully understanding that they could rip you off and get it for free elsewhere, its your own damn fault.

#9 - ljubav (11/16/2012) [-]
its the exact same thing in my cauntry im dying to buy something from lol shop but can't buy anything cause they don't support my country....
User avatar #17 to #9 - ImAWizard (11/16/2012) [-]
wher wer yu wen john is kill
User avatar #12 to #9 - thekinganon ONLINE (11/16/2012) [-]
*country* i dont usually correct people, but because English isn't your first language it will help you :)
#83 to #12 - ljubav (11/16/2012) [-]
Sorry about that, but in the second time i wrote it correctly, and when i was writing country in my language i pronounce it like this "kauntri" and that is why i spelled wrong the first time.
#57 to #12 - achselschweiss (11/16/2012) [-]
He spelled it correctly the second time, so I'm going to assume that it was a typing error rather than a spelling error. Except that "O" is nowhere near "A", unless he's using the Dvorak keyboard layout of course.
User avatar #110 - urzyle (11/17/2012) [-]
> hear about game from friend
> go to buy physical copy
> "no longer in stock"
> don't have credit card to buy it online
> pirate it

I STILL WANT TO BUY A COPY.
metro 2033 and fallout.. can there be a compilation of the fallout series? Please?
#122 to #110 - anon (11/17/2012) [-]
"can there be a compilation of the fallout series?"

Duuuuuude didn't you hear about all the **** that went down when they tried to just that? The first two fallouts are by Interplay and then Bethesda bought the rights and made number three. Interplay then went and started selling the first two and brought them back to the market, Bethesda was pissed because they where just riding off their succes from Fallout 3. They tried to sue Interplay for selling a brand that they now owned but lost.
User avatar #124 to #122 - urzyle (11/17/2012) [-]
no, like all the games' original copies in one box you can buy as a whole. Like those book series you can buy in bulk..
or is that what you meant?
#147 to #124 - gjsmothefirst (11/17/2012) [-]
Try Steam?
User avatar #168 to #147 - urzyle (11/17/2012) [-]
like I said.. can't buy it online. even as a downloadable.
#176 to #168 - gjsmothefirst (11/17/2012) [-]
Ah. I assumed you meant Amazon or such things.
#149 to #110 - anon (11/17/2012) [-]
That exists. It has Fallout 1, 2 and Fallout; Tactics.
#90 - hooligun (11/16/2012) [-]
i swear if console companies[or pc] figured out a way to let people buy 			****		 by putting money through a slot built into the console[or pc] alot more people would buy stuff
i swear if console companies[or pc] figured out a way to let people buy **** by putting money through a slot built into the console[or pc] alot more people would buy stuff
-4
#158 to #90 - counteractive has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #144 to #90 - awakendhybrid (11/17/2012) [-]
Dat gif
User avatar #6 - anttumi (11/16/2012) [-]
I always torrent games, and if theyre worth playing, and if i have the money, i buy them.
User avatar #7 to #6 - blokrokker (11/16/2012) [-]
I like to torrent games, and if I don't like it, I uninstall it (obviously). And if I do like it, then I already have it!
User avatar #20 to #7 - anttumi (11/16/2012) [-]
Well, thats true. Then again, i think the game company deserves some money for the game, if its really good. However it depends, if the company is or is not an indie company.
#28 - bitchplzzz (11/16/2012) [-]
This is 			********		.  I can relate to this.  Like, also on YT "HURR, YOU NO SEE VIDEO.  WHY, YOU ASK?  BECAUSE YOU LIVE SOMEWHERE ELSE!!"   
   
			****		 you, internet, 			****		 you.   
Proxy activate
This is ******** . I can relate to this. Like, also on YT "HURR, YOU NO SEE VIDEO. WHY, YOU ASK? BECAUSE YOU LIVE SOMEWHERE ELSE!!"

**** you, internet, **** you.
Proxy activate
User avatar #102 - welfarekid (11/17/2012) [-]
I guess you have to be non-American to "feel" this one.
User avatar #53 - callmeemm (11/16/2012) [-]
Yo-ho Yo-ho a pirates life for me
User avatar #116 - redJericho (11/17/2012) [-]
Here's a sweet video about piracy if you have the patience, it's like a minute long or-so.

It's also pretty funny, talking about how exaggerated the stats that companies give relating to how much money they lost due to piracy. It's called the 8-billion dollar iPod.

www.ted.com/talks/rob_reid_the_8_billion_ipod.html
User avatar #163 to #116 - goldenpotato (11/17/2012) [-]
Oh, Ted Talks are neat.
#120 to #116 - anon (11/17/2012) [-]
as true as what he is saying it still does not excuse piracy. it is still stealing whether you want to sugar coat it or not
User avatar #133 to #120 - Kierkegaard (11/17/2012) [-]
However, the issue is not that piracy is still theft - it is, unquestionably - the issue is that the draconian laws and restrictions imposed to prevent piracy often drive people to pirate games in the first place, resulting in losses for their own bottom lines. Customers have told them over and over that they're only harming themselves, and yet they persist with horrid boundaries that often make pirating a piece of media easier and more rewarding (money not even taken into account) then legitimately purchasing the game/movie/music/whatever. Censorship and Piracy Prevention often end up doing the opposite of their intended purpose.
#131 to #120 - anon (11/17/2012) [-]
Stealing something requires the original to be in your possession...piracy is quite literally just copying.
User avatar #165 to #120 - dirigiblequixote (11/17/2012) [-]
The legitimacy of theft varies by circumstance.

Stealing a track from Metallica, for instance, or downloading a ROM of a game that is no longer in production is different from taking revenue away from a starving artist who's legitimately trying to make a living.
#5 - amuzen ONLINE (11/16/2012) [-]
I ran into this exact problem trying to buy the psp port of final fantasy 8
#50 - Cleavland Steamer (11/16/2012) [-]
Piracy is not a crime. When you illegally download a song, for instance, you are not taking a tangible object or a limited resource from the company/artist. You are simply not giving them money. Songs are unlimited, you can download as many as possible and the company would never run out, so you are not stealing anything when you sail the seven seas...
0
#160 to #50 - rasberryassassin has deleted their comment [-]
#161 to #50 - audioclave (11/17/2012) [-]
It is still theft of intellectual property and still violation of copyright.    
   
   
   
Don't try to justify pirating by either using your argument or by saying that they "won't miss another dollar or two" (however it's phrased) when they don't consider that it is either still a crime or the people that put their blood, sweat and tears into a fantastic game and aren't earning a single dollar of their already very meager royalties because half of the fanbase doesn't own a legal copy because they can't get the 			****		 outside and get one. I can understand if you live in Congo or Peru or something, but if you live in the US and/or Canada, you just can't justify it.
It is still theft of intellectual property and still violation of copyright.



Don't try to justify pirating by either using your argument or by saying that they "won't miss another dollar or two" (however it's phrased) when they don't consider that it is either still a crime or the people that put their blood, sweat and tears into a fantastic game and aren't earning a single dollar of their already very meager royalties because half of the fanbase doesn't own a legal copy because they can't get the **** outside and get one. I can understand if you live in Congo or Peru or something, but if you live in the US and/or Canada, you just can't justify it.
User avatar #162 to #161 - audioclave (11/17/2012) [-]
Rephrasing the last sentence:



If you live in the Congo or Peru or something, it makes a slight amount of sense to pirate since obtaining a physical copy is rather hard anyway. If you live in the US or Canada however, it's unjustifiable.
User avatar #59 to #50 - kallesyndrom (11/16/2012) [-]
Piracy is a crime since it is illegal in most countries. Piracy is not theft, however. Personally I don't think piracy should ever be punished with jailtime myself. Maybe it shouldn't be punished at all. But your government does have authority over you, your own opinion doesn't really matter.
#62 to #59 - lackofcareingerer (11/16/2012) [-]
**** u put that in while i was typing mine
#63 to #62 - lackofcareingerer (11/16/2012) [-]
* **** . you ...* not **** you in a insulting way sir
User avatar #74 to #63 - kallesyndrom (11/16/2012) [-]
**** you too, in a non-insulting way!
#77 to #74 - lackofcareingerer (11/16/2012) [-]
this is a good example of when good grammar is an important tool
#55 to #50 - anon (11/16/2012) [-]
Except it costs them money to make it. they can only get that money back by selling it.
#58 to #55 - Cleavland Steamer (11/16/2012) [-]
Because artists/corporations don't have enough money.
-1
#66 to #58 - dustyshane has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #72 to #66 - Cleavland Steamer (11/16/2012) [-]
I would disagree with you. First, there are really no statistics to support that. Second, you can't really judge someone's ability/knowledge of pirating based on their taste in music.
User avatar #75 to #66 - aqualadFTW (11/16/2012) [-]
Anybody can pirate and it's incredibly easy and getting easier. And we are not judge, jury, and executioner. Just because we feel someone doesn't deserve something doesn't mean we should steal it.
User avatar #64 to #58 - aqualadFTW (11/16/2012) [-]
Look, just because you're upset someone has more money than you doesn't give you (or the government) the right to take it away. Someone made that money legitimately and it is theirs. If you take away their profit you are taking money that would be legitimately theirs. Yes, artists and recording companies make far too much money, but we should not combat that by stealing it.
User avatar #68 to #64 - Cleavland Steamer (11/16/2012) [-]
9/10 didn't make it legitimately. It's very difficult reach that level of wealth without exploiting others and whoring yourself out to advertising companies.
User avatar #73 to #68 - aqualadFTW (11/16/2012) [-]
Still legitimate. Just because someone else has a different set of morals and beliefs than you doesn't mean it's not legitimate. Just because YOU wouldn't do it doesn't make it illegitimate.
User avatar #76 to #73 - Cleavland Steamer (11/16/2012) [-]
So, you are basically saying that, even though they stole and exploited to get so rich, it isn't moral or correct to take that wealth back?
User avatar #78 to #76 - aqualadFTW (11/16/2012) [-]
Exactly. And you don't know that they stole and exploited anyone to get rich. You assume that. Just because Lil Wayne is a rich asshole, you don't know what he did to get where he is. And even if he did lie and cheat and steal to get to the top, if we lie and cheat and steal to get "even", are we any better?
User avatar #80 to #78 - Cleavland Steamer (11/16/2012) [-]
If you consider downloading music illegally to be "lying, cheating, and stealing" then yes. I personally have no respect for the rich in America. It is my belief that it is necessary to reclaim the stolen wealth, because, regardless or morals, their accumulation of wealth is one of the main reasons this country is going down the ******* . BUT, this is my opinion, and I realize and respect that yours is different. I am really not interested in having a drawn out debate on the internet right now, so, yeah...
#82 to #80 - aqualadFTW (11/16/2012) [-]
Well you seem like a nice enough guy so I thumbed ya up for your time. Good talk, would talk again 8/10
Well you seem like a nice enough guy so I thumbed ya up for your time. Good talk, would talk again 8/10
#112 to #50 - neoexdeath ONLINE (11/17/2012) [-]
Yoho bitches!
#85 to #50 - pseudobob **User deleted account** (11/16/2012) [-]
It's not theft, but it is a crime.
User avatar #91 to #85 - Cleavland Steamer (11/16/2012) [-]
I will refer you to comment #65
User avatar #92 to #91 - pseudobob **User deleted account** (11/16/2012) [-]
Ah, so you know it's a crime? Or is that not what you meant.
#61 to #50 - lackofcareingerer (11/16/2012) [-]
it is a crime. a crime is an illegal act, piracy is illegal.

laweyered.

its not stealing if that's what you mean, unless you sell it.
User avatar #65 to #61 - Cleavland Steamer (11/16/2012) [-]
Do you REALLY think that I didn't know it was illegal? I used the word "Illegally" in the second sentence. Not being a dick, but you're the second person to say this.
#67 to #65 - lackofcareingerer (11/16/2012) [-]
i understand good sir, i was merely pointing out your misuse of the word crime, have a pleasant evening.
#123 to #65 - slashtrey (11/17/2012) [-]
"Piracy is not a crime."

"Do you REALLY think that I didn't know it was illegal?"


...you should run for president.
#94 to #50 - TheCynic (11/16/2012) [-]
It's not considered theft, it's considered a violation of copyrights. The idea being that if you didn't pay for the rights to own a copy, you don't have the privilege to experience the product you downloaded.

The word "theft" is misused and comes into play when you consider the load of people who paid a lot of money, time, patience, and work to make whatever was downloaded. You might think of the rich executives or the artist, but there are also a lot more people involved in production that aren't that rich and are losing the money they worked for.
#95 to #94 - TheCynic (11/17/2012) [-]
Or rather, it is considered theft, but not physical theft. Theft of intellectual property- which is what copyright laws are intended to protect.
#105 to #50 - Thevaultboy (11/17/2012) [-]
MFW your name.
#88 - ghustla (11/16/2012) [-]
Oh yeah listen to this: I got A PS3 I choose KSA as a country(BIG MISTAKE) because my country is not listed, then I discovered that currency used in the store is US dollars ****** catch is you can't use any US PSN cards, US issued credit or debut cards nor any US related payment really REALLY OH MY GOD WTF ARE ******* KIDDING ME NBDUSAHBVUIRBVHHBA P;UI2[,F2UMGCNF92
User avatar #164 to #88 - skinless (11/17/2012) [-]
what country do you live in?
User avatar #175 to #164 - ghustla (11/17/2012) [-]
feken Sudan
#101 to #88 - rotinaj (11/17/2012) [-]
i still dont know what ksa stants for
User avatar #106 to #101 - ghustla (11/17/2012) [-]
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
#108 to #106 - rotinaj (11/17/2012) [-]
Did you know LPA stands for little people of america?
User avatar #111 to #108 - ghustla (11/17/2012) [-]
ahhh what?
+3
#81 - suckmyrichard **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #100 to #81 - pulluspardus (11/17/2012) [-]
I'm from Kuwait
and that's not the only thing that is region locked, we don't have netflix, Hulu, Google Music, Last.fm, Kindle store, Audiobooks, any "Video on demand" store ever, any "Music on demand" store ever, and lots of games and servers are region locked.

and they wonder why piracy is huge around these parts, we don't have alternatives! but I myself do go on VPN just to LEGALLY "Buy" these stuff, I don't care about the publishers being dicks, I want to support my favorite authors and developers, is it hard to remove the region locking?
User avatar #103 to #100 - pulluspardus (11/17/2012) [-]
VPN as in change fake my IP to appear as if I live in america.
User avatar #113 to #81 - zoidz (11/17/2012) [-]
I think most of Middle-East, South American on some parts, Steam now got the R$ (Brazilian) transaction, Russia has some region blocked things/censored/limited copies, I think Germany also has them. I have a few friends that either have to pirate or ask someone else to buy it for them so that they can get a 'complete' copy.

What is region block for anyways?
User avatar #142 to #81 - symphonyofspecters (11/17/2012) [-]
happens just about anywhere that isn't in the U.S/Europe
User avatar #150 to #81 - hokeymon (11/17/2012) [-]
Same in the Philippines too. Only the capital city has game stores that have original copies. The rest or the cities have only pirated ones.
User avatar #86 to #81 - fmarules (11/16/2012) [-]
i am from colombia and this happen to me all the time
+1
#87 to #86 - suckmyrichard **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #89 to #81 - ghustla (11/16/2012) [-]
bloody Sudan
#156 to #81 - tomtomvdp (11/17/2012) [-]
Argentina, where i live. Uruguay , Paraguay , Peru , Bolivia . Basically , most of south and central America.
#119 to #81 - ccarpio (11/17/2012) [-]
It happens to me all the time here in Peru
pic related, its how the whole site will think I look like
#125 - darkjustifier (11/17/2012) [-]
It's more fun to pirate.
#141 to #125 - kingmaker (11/17/2012) [-]
argh
argh
#146 to #141 - darkjustifier (11/17/2012) [-]
Dear sweet celestia that's adorable.
#1 - aeden (11/16/2012) [-]
I really enjoyed this comic. Thanks for sharing it.
User avatar #37 - ishalltroll (11/16/2012) [-]
The internet should be a government, authority and corporational power free zone (except for CP or pedophiles luring kids).
At some point the people are gonna have to stand up to make the internet free again, it's the only full freedom we had, and it's being taken.
-1
#97 to #37 - gritsreborn **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #104 to #97 - ishalltroll (11/17/2012) [-]
Nope. I am actually one of the people who oppose the ********** who run around "Hur dur we've got no freedoms at all anarchy would be so much better acab lol!"
But, corporational power and governments interfering with the freedom of people in a virtual space, restricting their rights even there? No. That, I find unacceptable.
#2 - alexlife (11/16/2012) [-]
Wanted to buy Okami HD which is 20$ on the us Playstation Store - That's equal to 114 kroner but when I looked in the Danish Playstation Store - It cost 200 kroner...damn I was mad :P

But then again, it's not that hard to find a cheap gamecard so I'll just buy it in the US :P

[ 165 comments ]
Leave a comment
 Friends (0)