Login or register
Login or register
Stay logged in
Log in/Sign up using Facebook.
Log in/Sign up using Gmail/Google+.
CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT
Email is optional and is used for password recovery purposes.
Have the FunnyJunk newsletter e-mailed to you
Min comment interval: 14 seconds
Remaining character count: 4000
[ + ]
Image or Video File:
Shortcuts: "C" opens comments. "R" refreshes comments.
Record voice message?
Click to start recording.
Enter Captcha Code:
Back to the content 'Read desc.'
Anonymous comments allowed.
Freedom and slavery aren't that far apart. You think receiving money for work doesn't make you a slave? Why is it estabilished that you have to work in order to have things? You are the proletariat. That word comes from Ancient Rome and it one of the names they called slaves by.
Hey, and what about that sudden urge to eat a BigMac after you watch a McDonald's ad?
Marijuana doesn't harm anyone, but it's still illegal to smoke, even own it. Just a few examples. You're not that free. Can you fly? No. Evolution didn't give you wings. So you're not really free.
1. Yes, receiving money for the work you VOLUNTARILY do makes you a free man.
2. You don't have to work to have things. You have to work to get things from other people who worked to get those things.
3. You are a faggot. That word comes from Germanic influence and it's one of the names we call idiots by.
4. That sudden urge to eat a big mac after seeing a big mac ad is hunger. You can eat anywhere you want. It's not like they're forcing you to eat there by putting up signs that say, "Hey, you're hungry? We sell food!"
5. Weed is illegal because the majority of people don't want it legalized, or don't care enough to fight it.
6. Something not being physically possible doesn't mean we're enslaved. It would be slavery if someone started shooting anyone who tried to make a plane or helicopter to achieve something our puny meatbag bodies cannot do.
7. Absolute freedom cannot, and probably should not, exist. That's called chaos. Obviously we don't have the freedom to do a lot of things, because those things infringe upon the freedom of others to not get shot, robbed, raped etc.
You are almost too stupid to breathe.
You're so shallow not even an ant would drown in you if you were a puddle.
You didn't understand one bit of what I tried to say and you even called me "faggot". That's a nice argument, the insult, it takes you so far in life, doesn't it?
Freedom is the absence of publicly enforced government or violently enforced political authority, the lack of coherciveness. Freedom is sharing. Freedom is having the power to do so and not doing it. Freedom is respecting the person next to you.
But why do I even care, this is FunnyJunk, where a pun makes frontpage and the average IQ is just above 100.
Also, average IQ is supposed to be just above 100. It's scaled such that average is always 100.
actually the majority of americans support the legalization of marijuana, but besides form that your comment is great.
Yea, what I was trying to say is that they either don't want it legalized or they wouldn't mind if it was and are cool with it, but really don't have a strong enough opinion to get up and actually get it legalized.
damn your definition of slavery is way off. you have to work in order to get things because those things are made by other people just like you. what do you think would happen if no one works? and not everyone gets a sudden urge to eat a burger or buy something as soon as they see it on tv. that statement is just retarded. and why do you need to be able to fly in order to be called free? what if i have wings but i don't wanna fly? i'm a voluntary slave? wait, that doesn't seem to make much sense
I'm saying you're not free because you're not omnipotent and omniscient. There is no absolute freedom (and by absolute freedom I don't mean raping and looting and etc, that dwells in moral and that's another story)
"You think receiving money for work doesn't make you a slave?"
No, no it doesn't. Slaves generally aren't paid other than food.
Food and money aren't different if they're both salaries. In Ancient Greece, people cared for slaves more than some companies care for their employees. And money is just a metal or a paper, and it runs your life. Yay, freedom.
Money allows you to chose what you spend money on. Food doesn't. One is a slave salary, one is a free mans salary.
You're an idiot.
"Why is it established that you have to work in order to have things?"
You ******* serious, bro?
Because you aren't entitled to other people's ****. If you want something from them you will probably have to give them something in return, unless they're super nice.
Freedom doesn't have to be absolute. Just because you can't rape and kill people on a whim doesn't mean you are a slave. Not being
free doesn't make you a slave.
yes you are a slave because the government slaps you on the wrist for smoking weed.
you have it so hard.
Back to the content 'Read desc.'
Top in 24 Hours
New: Presidential Debate Live
watching the thumbs update in real time
Does it really matter
Rethav Exacka Loorlubavo
Blow it out your Ass
Over the Garden Wall
Scrap & Topheavy Extra
Tossev Vowsicr Usurni
French bra commercial
crawling in my skin
Germanic Germs Dump
Flat-Chests Anonymous Filed a Grievance
Well That Sucks
Nice and Warm
Don't Stick yo Dick in Crazy Pt.2
Timing is everything