Flanders at the museum. . C I suis, IMPUTABLE FOSSIL
x

Comments(289):

[ 289 comments ]
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
#3 - hpnerd (10/26/2012) [-]
Comment Picture
#25 - scoggand (10/26/2012) [-]
does any one have the movie version of this
#217 - paesani (10/27/2012) [-]
Too many ******* times OP.
User avatar #227 to #217 - noblexfenrir (10/27/2012) [-]
What?
#230 to #227 - paesani (10/27/2012) [-]
get it?
User avatar #231 to #230 - noblexfenrir (10/27/2012) [-]
I've never seen this specific post before on funnyjunk...
User avatar #234 to #231 - paesani (10/27/2012) [-]
I asure you this has been posted at leas 3 times and got frontpaged
User avatar #241 to #234 - noblexfenrir (10/27/2012) [-]
I dunno, I've never seen it, and trust me I know I've never seen every single front page lineup. But I just did a search for this on Funnyjunk, searching for this image, any name related to it, etc. As far as I can tell it hasn't or it's apart of a comp.
#90 - allmightynig (10/27/2012) [-]
you madderino ned?
you madderino ned?
#127 - aerosol (10/27/2012) [-]
<religious arguments
-1
#138 to #111 - ilikecheerios has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #141 to #138 - dubstepforme (10/27/2012) [-]
I expected nagativity like this.. then I realize i had 7 thumbs xD
-1
#144 to #141 - ilikecheerios has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #146 to #144 - dubstepforme (10/27/2012) [-]
I'm not bragging, nor should I, it's only 8 thumbs lol. Congraulations? I had no idea it was posted 2 other times haha.
#152 to #146 - ilikecheerios (10/27/2012) [-]
Thank you for your congratulations, I felt so insecure without them. Now maybe I can live a life of happiness and friendship. But that aside, I really don't care you posted it dude, I was just jokingly expressing my frustration.
Thank you for your congratulations, I felt so insecure without them. Now maybe I can live a life of happiness and friendship. But that aside, I really don't care you posted it dude, I was just jokingly expressing my frustration.
0
#153 to #152 - dubstepforme has deleted their comment [-]
-1
#154 to #153 - ilikecheerios has deleted their comment [-]
#84 - pancakeswag (10/27/2012) [-]
MFW I saw your name
#91 to #84 - hattaz (10/27/2012) [-]
**hattaz rolled a random image posted in comment #607 at Achievement Unlocked ** Mfw i noticed both your names
User avatar #251 to #193 - blashyrkh (10/27/2012) [-]
Hell yeah, this was at the reason rally. I had so much fun that day.
#99 - monkeywithafez (10/27/2012) [-]
Comment Picture
+7
#256 - lonemercenary **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #258 to #256 - AnonsForSure (10/27/2012) [-]
I believe you have played way too much CoD.
-3
#261 to #258 - lonemercenary **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #277 to #258 - ninjaminion (10/27/2012) [-]
NOT ENOUGH!!!
User avatar #7 - dipshitz (10/26/2012) [-]
Religion and Evolution are not mutually exclusive

-a Catholic
0
#26 to #7 - ExorArgus has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #9 to #7 - Mahazama (10/26/2012) [-]
They are when the rest of science's light illuminates the path for your kind, but they're blind and it doesn't ****** matter anyways.
User avatar #20 to #7 - noblexfenrir (10/26/2012) [-]
They are when evolution directly proves the entire basis of the catholics creation myth as wrong.
User avatar #32 to #20 - shadowsspawn (10/27/2012) [-]
You can't prove what started the universe. Evolution could have been a tool used by God to create the world. It never has, nor ever will be, provable what sparked the original process.
#36 to #32 - wishanonscouldpost (10/27/2012) [-]
It is possible to prove it later.

We don't know for sure. Not knowing for sure does not mean its God.

Science is about not knowing something, observing it, testing it, and concluding what it does and how it works.

Science is not "Oh **** , we don't know. God did it."
User avatar #160 to #36 - danihollywood (10/27/2012) [-]
Religion is not about that either. Although we believe in a God doesn't mean that we will live life clueless. Just like the Greeks, the Mayans, The Egyptians and many other civilizations who believed deeply in Gods but still studied science and where very advanced when it came to it. Science is a big part of religion and most people don't know that.
#167 to #160 - wishanonscouldpost (10/27/2012) [-]
That had nothing to do with my post.

I was replying to someone who said you can't ever prove what started the universe and what stated evolution, which is incorrect.

Are people really this stupid? We haven't figured out how to prove the universes existence yet, so it has to be impossible to prove and has to be god? Seriously?

Don't even know why I bother with this **** to be honest. Most of FJ is underage and have no idea what they are even talking about. Just following their parents religion without much thought.
User avatar #175 to #167 - danihollywood (10/27/2012) [-]
It had everything to do with your post. You basically said that religion is "Oh **** , we don't know. God did it." My reply was showing you how that is far off from the truth.
Oh and i am no under aged kid who is clueless. I attend college and i've taken and still are taking classes in which much of this topic is studied. I may not be an expert but i know enough to know what you are saying is pure ******** .
#46 to #36 - wishanonscouldpost (10/27/2012) [-]
Yay for people thumbing me down because they get mad they are wrong.
#89 to #46 - anon (10/27/2012) [-]
No, it's because you're kinda being a dick. Let the guy think what he wants
#169 to #89 - wishanonscouldpost (10/27/2012) [-]
People thinking that believing things without proof is okay is a problem. It goes against science and against what built modern society.

People shouldn't think like that, and if its being a dick to point out why that is wrong fine.

Also why do people log out to not get thumbed down?
#208 to #169 - mrcharleyz (10/27/2012) [-]
You need to learn when to stop. You speak like all you say was the truth. You don't know **** , I don't know **** , Nobody don't know **** .
User avatar #139 to #46 - noblexfenrir (10/27/2012) [-]
I thumbed you up as many times as I could.

They just don't like having their little bubble of false reality pushed because god forbid (bad phrasing) it pops and they have to see the world for what it really is and realize that just because something makes you happy, doesn't make it real.
User avatar #54 to #32 - toosexyforyou (10/27/2012) [-]
Surely you at least see how stupid that sounds though right?
+3
#94 to #54 - itsmypenis **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #35 to #32 - illegalartist ONLINE (10/27/2012) [-]
yes but that still contradicts catholicism
#50 to #35 - cockineveryorifice (10/27/2012) [-]
No it doesn't, the Catholic church accepted evolution 60 years ago as the method by which God bought humans to the Earth.
User avatar #56 to #50 - lordmoldywart (10/27/2012) [-]
That would be great if the catholic church knew how to interpret the bible
User avatar #52 to #50 - illegalartist ONLINE (10/27/2012) [-]
tha **** no it didn't. brought them to earth from where? mars? the catholic church has ALWAYS stood by the adam and eve story and that the world is only 6000 years old.
#53 to #52 - cockineveryorifice (10/27/2012) [-]
No, I've got the facts staring me in the face on a different tab, do some research.

Ok bought was the wrong word, I mean came into existence.
User avatar #55 to #53 - illegalartist ONLINE (10/27/2012) [-]
hahaha sure you do. im guessing from some obscure denominations website? as a matter of fact, i have TWO tabs open with facts. so top that.

And science has never changed to accommodate religion but religion always adapts to include new aspects of science. if it didnt the stupid catholics would still think the earth is flat. wait 100 years and none of them will deny evolution.
User avatar #66 to #55 - Fagdust (10/27/2012) [-]
Not to get in on the religion - anti-religion argument but i just wanted to clarify something. There was knowledge that the world was round due to the paths of the ocean currents. There are even scriptures explaining, very generally, how the rain cycles occur. There are Biblical scriptures confirming this some time before Pythagoras (around 6th century BC). And many cultures did have the flat world theory, but that didnt mean they were unscientific or unintelligent, I mean, the Chinese were one of the most echnologically advanced civilizations for thousands of years in early history and they didnt learn the earth was spherical until around the 17th century AD.
User avatar #67 to #66 - illegalartist ONLINE (10/27/2012) [-]
not sure what your point is. even when presented with evidence from galileo the catholics still tried to deny it. i have nothing wrong with religion, i just dont like organized religion and what it has turned into.
User avatar #74 to #67 - Fagdust (10/27/2012) [-]
My point was that there will always be knowledge and truth where one knows where to look for it, whether it be through religion, philosophy, or science. And I do agree with you, I may be Christian, but I wont sit down and let some group of people tell me their own narrow-minded interpretations of the Bible. Organized religion, to me, is another way for people in power to control those who aren't. Also yes, the Catholic church did try to deny Galileo because his theories would paint them in the wrong light where they, for so many years, said the earth was the center of the universe. They didnt let people have their own copies of scriptures back then so the people had more faith in the church than in God.
#58 to #55 - cockineveryorifice (10/27/2012) [-]
Mate you're talking as if this is up for discussion, it's not. Monsignor Ravasi said Darwin's theories had never been formally condemned by the Roman Catholic Church, pointing to comments more than 50 years ago, when Pope Pius XII described evolution as a valid scientific approach to the development of humans. It's a fact that the Catholic church has accepted evolution, only that God was behind the evolution.
#60 to #58 - cockineveryorifice (10/27/2012) [-]
And stop thumbing me down illegalartist, you lose arguments like a little bitch I see.
User avatar #62 to #60 - illegalartist ONLINE (10/27/2012) [-]
hahaha i havent thumbed you down once. we see who the bitch is.
User avatar #61 to #58 - illegalartist ONLINE (10/27/2012) [-]
congrats, you just copied and pasted something that is common knowledge. that still doesnt change the fact that many catholics do not accept evolution.
#63 to #61 - cockineveryorifice (10/27/2012) [-]
I wasn't arguing whether catholics accepted evolution, I was saying that the Catholic church did. Sure catholics are split between creationism and evolutiom, but the Catholic church has accepted evolution.
User avatar #137 to #32 - noblexfenrir (10/27/2012) [-]
Okay first: "You can't prove what started the universe"

We can research it and maybe one day find out, I have yet to see any reasoning in that statement that explains that because we don't know, god did it. It seems god has a monopoly on occurrences we can't yet readily identify, until we use science to figure them out.

" Evolution could have been a tool used by God to create the world."

Cool, I was talking about the bible's creation myth, which is genesis. Evolution directly conflicts with it. and don't give me the whole "it was metaphorical" speech, if it is metaphorical for the pure reason that it disproves the religion then so to can god be metaphorical. You can't pick and choose reality.

"It never has, nor ever will be, provable what sparked the original process"
Umm, are you stupid? Yes we will never be able to view the original process but we can take things that we have learned from studying the progress and effects that have occurred from the original process and use science and experimentation to re-create the process by which it all started.

Honestly I don't see why god ever has to be an answer. Evolution is essentially a proven fact, you don't need a god to start it, because what works even better than god is saying "I don't know how the universe was created" because then you are saying the exact same thing as "god did it" without making a determination of reality.
-1
#295 to #32 - swiftykidd **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
0
#270 to #32 - nengcaste **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
#49 to #20 - cockineveryorifice (10/27/2012) [-]
Implying anyone with a brain would take the stories in the bible literally
User avatar #133 to #49 - noblexfenrir (10/27/2012) [-]
> That if someone didn't take the bible literally, then they would be making assumptions on what is real and what is metaphorical in the bible, yet they never question if their god is a metaphor because they are cherry picking what they want to be right.
#11 to #7 - anon (10/26/2012) [-]
Science and religion are not mutually exclusive, in fact for better understanding we take the facts of science and apply them.
-Screeching Weasel
User avatar #264 - optimos (10/27/2012) [-]
> Screencap a funny scene from The Simpson
> Upload it to Funnyjunk
> ??????
> Frontpage
User avatar #323 to #264 - tridaak (01/15/2014) [-]
revenge of the simpsons
User avatar #324 to #323 - lotengo (12/16/2014) [-]
How is that considered revenge?
User avatar #325 to #324 - tridaak (12/16/2014) [-]
Because of revenge of the **** .
#238 - larrygoulade (10/27/2012) [-]
Comment Picture
[ 289 comments ]
Leave a comment
 Friends (0)