Opinions. yes its a repost...get over it. Let your children develop their own damn opinions.. They should of had an Atheist symbol too.
x

Comments(620):

[ 620 comments ]
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
#506 - slapchoppin (10/21/2012) [-]
believe in god   
people assume my parents forced it on me   
mfw
believe in god
people assume my parents forced it on me
mfw
User avatar #471 - tyuru (10/21/2012) [-]
For added objectivity; acknowledge the fact that religion is not the only thing that is 'branded' onto children.
User avatar #499 to #471 - atrocitustheking (10/21/2012) [-]
Oh **** no, by no means at all. Offspring in nature learn by copying their parents, so it's only natural that the habits and practices of the parent are replicated by children.
#482 to #471 - asderition (10/21/2012) [-]
^ This guy.
#505 - thatsmrnoob (10/21/2012) [-]
**thatsmrnoob rolls 44** proof he's real
#539 to #505 - syis (10/21/2012) [-]
**syis rolls 30**
0
#575 to #505 - jakeattack has deleted their comment [-]
#510 to #505 - EjaculationMan (10/21/2012) [-]
**EjaculationMan rolls 43**
#517 to #510 - physx (10/21/2012) [-]
**physx rolls 00**
#520 to #517 - EjaculationMan (10/21/2012) [-]
**EjaculationMan rolls 66**
#540 to #520 - masterquester (10/21/2012) [-]
This thread was blessed by jesus himself.
Christains: 1
Atheists: 0
#578 to #520 - jakeattack (10/21/2012) [-]
**jakeattack rolls 04** if dubs god is real
#536 to #520 - neoexdeath ONLINE (10/21/2012) [-]
**neoexdeath rolls 774** Trips from Lucifer.
0
#522 to #520 - chrisruler has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #513 to #510 - teoberry (10/21/2012) [-]
i swear to god if the next person rolls 42
0
#535 to #513 - breadbasket has deleted their comment [-]
0
#523 to #513 - chrisruler has deleted their comment [-]
#85 - Lambda ONLINE (10/21/2012) [-]
#529 - bossauce (10/21/2012) [-]
Meanwhile funnyjunk discusses religion
#537 to #529 - nocandy (10/21/2012) [-]
butthurt knows no demographics.
User avatar #645 to #537 - atrocitustheking (10/22/2012) [-]
> 40k reaction image

AND NEITHER DOES EXTERMINATUS!
#86 - instalation ONLINE (10/21/2012) [-]
0
#104 to #86 - anonibus **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #108 to #86 - brettyoke (10/21/2012) [-]
FJ has tons of OC today.
User avatar #136 to #86 - djequalizee (10/21/2012) [-]
Saw this on 9gag yesterday
#223 to #86 - pineappletime (10/21/2012) [-]
"don't you think you're being unreasonable?" to your girlfriend/wife
"don't you think you're being unreasonable?" to your girlfriend/wife
+1
#89 to #86 - itsmypenis **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #93 to #86 - jcllcj (10/21/2012) [-]
Not sure if repost
#109 to #86 - isthispatrick (10/21/2012) [-]
Check out my OC.
User avatar #87 to #86 - wastelandgunner ONLINE (10/21/2012) [-]
"I prefer Internet Explorer, 9GAG, crocs, Nicolas Cage, and One Direction."
#112 to #86 - awesomeguyTS (10/21/2012) [-]
What the **** did you just ******* say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ******* words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ****** . As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ******* dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little **** . If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ******* tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ******* dead, kiddo.
#190 - kook (10/21/2012) [-]
Let your child develop their own opinion, as long as that opinion is Atheism. If it isn't everyone is going to tell them they're stupid and ignorant.
User avatar #192 to #190 - pseudobob **User deleted account** (10/21/2012) [-]
No, they will be called stupid and arrogant because they are stupid and arrogant.
#194 to #192 - kook (10/21/2012) [-]
You're calling people stupid wen you don't know the difference between ignorance and arrogance. Thanks for proving my point.
#197 to #194 - anon (10/21/2012) [-]
I'm sure he meant arrogant. Christians get in my face and scream that I am going to Hell, and they know this to be true for a fact.
#200 to #197 - kook (10/21/2012) [-]
But when Atheists get in their face and scream that Christians are stupid and ignorant it's somehow ok?
User avatar #206 to #200 - johnnybtrollin (10/21/2012) [-]
it's kinda like the pride thing you know...
black pride: ok.
asian pride: ok.
white pride: you ******* racist twat.
User avatar #215 to #200 - pseudobob **User deleted account** (10/21/2012) [-]
It's different. Evolutionism is demonstrably true, however a good amount of Atheists claim that it disproves Judaism and its offshoots, especially Christianity (the vocal majority) when in fact it only provides irrefutable evidence against Creationism. Agnosticism is the way to go.
User avatar #306 to #215 - dadukesta (10/21/2012) [-]
Actually we can't prove that evolution is true because it has taken place theoretically over millions of years. I believe in it because i can see humanity changing in the future, but the bones of old species that might not even be related are not definitive proof of evolution and we submit ourselves to the higher might of mystery when we admit our ignorance in the face of the universe.
User avatar #564 to #306 - pseudobob **User deleted account** (10/21/2012) [-]
Please think about this.

Great Apes (Chimpanzees, Gorillas, Orangutans...) have 48 chromosomes, or 24 pairs. Humans have 46, or 23 pairs. The theory was that in order for Humans to be descended from a common ancestor as the great apes, two of the pairs must have fused.

Further research indicated that, if they were to fuse, the new chromosome would have three end-cap markers instead of the usual two, indicating that the chromosomes combined end-to-end. This mutant chromosome was found shortly after, and it corresponds with two others in the Great Apes.

I think that qualifies as proof.
#221 to #215 - icefried (10/21/2012) [-]
I don't know.. i can't decide if i want to be agnostic.
User avatar #234 to #197 - secondlawprevails ONLINE (10/21/2012) [-]
Dude, those are the over zealous nut-jobs. Family dragged me along to church all the time as a kid and one of the few things I remember the preacher repeating over and over is that we're not supposed to judge people, that's god's job.
User avatar #201 to #194 - pseudobob **User deleted account** (10/21/2012) [-]
Sorry, I misread. Works either way.

If someone CAN be described as something, people should be allowed to say it. And I'm talking objectively. Racism is wrong on principle.
User avatar #91 - sketchysketchist ONLINE (10/21/2012) [-]
They should of had an Atheist symbol too.
#321 to #91 - ForNarniaaa (10/21/2012) [-]
This is the Atheist symbol.
User avatar #380 to #321 - ilovehitler (10/21/2012) [-]
If my memory is correct, that's another christian symbol. The fish, i think, symbolizes when jesus and a prophet or whatever fed villagers and the fish didn't run out, even though it looked like it should have.

It was adapted by atheists and had legs added to it, to symbolize evolution.
#409 to #380 - deranker (10/21/2012) [-]
**deranker rolled a random image posted in comment #11 at Appearances are deceiving ** actually the fish is a vagina
**deranker rolled a random image posted in comment #11 at Appearances are deceiving ** actually the fish is a vagina
User avatar #410 to #409 - ilovehitler (10/21/2012) [-]
acshully is dolan
User avatar #94 to #91 - ewowo (10/21/2012) [-]
They have the Darwinist symbol. I think that counts.
User avatar #161 to #94 - fyaq (10/21/2012) [-]
the darwin symbol is not that....thats the jesus fish made by the greeks...the "darwin symbol" is a bumper sticker where the fish says "darwin" and has legs in it.

please go read a book and try not to get your knowledge from bumperstickers...
User avatar #170 to #161 - ewowo (10/21/2012) [-]
Sorry but you're very wrong there. Because whatever books say, the vast majority of people recognise that fish as a Darwin symbol, not as a jesus fish.

And who decides what a symbol means? That's right, people.

Language, symbols, everything, all MEANING is given by people, and it is by no means perpetual.

Case 1: If suddenly 90% of the USA started using the word 'shabber' to describe, for example, a book, would they be wrong? Would they?

The answer is no. They made a new word.

Case 2: If suddenly 90% of the USA started using the word 'book' to describe just magazines, not regular books, those'd be shabbers, would they be using the word wrongly? No, they'd have changed the meaning of the word.

A word doesn't mean what the dictionary says it means, it means what the people who use it say it means. Language changes all the time, and the same thing goes for any kind of symbol.

So if a bunch of people recognise this symbol as a darwin fish, not a jesus fish, it becomes a darwin fish.
User avatar #174 to #170 - RaptorJesus (10/21/2012) [-]
No, im pretty ******* sure thats a jesus fish... Ive never heard of that referred to as the darwin symbol...
User avatar #178 to #174 - ewowo (10/21/2012) [-]
In that wase it's just me, and i'm pretty wrong.

Still, my theory is solid, remember it, might come in useful some day! ;)
User avatar #386 to #178 - ilovehitler (10/21/2012) [-]
Don't tell me what to do.
User avatar #179 to #178 - ewowo (10/21/2012) [-]
*case
User avatar #430 to #170 - fyaq (10/21/2012) [-]
youre a retard.

PEOPLE made the symbol IN GREECE LONG AGO.

just because a dumb teenager on the internet says something doesnt mean its true.

if i say that the jewish star is a symbol for McDonalds, and i get 100 retards like you to believe it, does that make it fact?

please throw away your computer, you're spreading stupidity through your posts.
User avatar #653 to #430 - ewowo (10/22/2012) [-]
AND GET YOUR ******* **** STRAIGHT.

Stupidity =/= ignorance
User avatar #652 to #430 - ewowo (10/22/2012) [-]
Excuse me? EXCUSE ME? Is this what you do all day? Insulting people and RUINING THEIR ******* DAYS?

I already admitted I was wrong in comment #178 you ******* . I WAS WRONG. Wrongness can be fixed. You, however, are a ******* asshole. I'm afraid there's no cure.
#352 to #170 - cockineveryorifice (10/21/2012) [-]
Yes, but you are the only one recognizing it as a Darwin fish.
Yes, but you are the only one recognizing it as a Darwin fish.
User avatar #651 to #352 - ewowo (10/22/2012) [-]
That's true -> Already established that below.
#232 to #161 - anon (10/21/2012) [-]
i thought that was the pentagram for satanism hahahaha
#98 to #94 - anon (10/21/2012) [-]
You are aware that what you might think is the Darwinist symbol was actually used by early Christians?

en<DOT>wikipedia<DOT>org/wiki/Ichthys

Which also means that on the picture there are two symbols for Christianity... which kinda renders the artists opinion moot when (s)he doesn't seem to perform a whole lot of research.
User avatar #100 to #98 - ewowo (10/21/2012) [-]
-> Early christian symbol
>Implying it's still a christian symbol
>Implying symbols retain their original meaning

>Etymological fallacy (though slightly extrapolated)
#105 to #100 - schnizel (10/21/2012) [-]
mkay
i hate the church of scientology
i hate islam
i hate cat-o-licks
i hate yewish
i hate everyone
User avatar #106 to #105 - ewowo (10/21/2012) [-]
So you hate every single religion, regardless?

Everyone who has any sort of religious beliefs?
User avatar #107 to #106 - schnizel (10/21/2012) [-]
yes
i kinda like the sumerian religion
User avatar #171 to #107 - ewowo (10/21/2012) [-]
you don't think that's just a bit narrow-minded?
User avatar #182 to #171 - schnizel (10/21/2012) [-]
a bit yes but look up annunaki
annunaki return
enki
enlil
User avatar #202 to #182 - ewowo (10/21/2012) [-]
So?
User avatar #655 to #202 - schnizel (10/22/2012) [-]
they are comeing
User avatar #657 to #655 - ewowo (10/22/2012) [-]
You're not making much sense.
User avatar #658 to #657 - schnizel (10/22/2012) [-]
you did do what i said
research
User avatar #660 to #658 - ewowo (10/22/2012) [-]
Bunch of conspiracy theories.
User avatar #663 to #660 - schnizel (10/22/2012) [-]
ok but wait
look
feel
embrace
and enlil is gay
User avatar #198 to #182 - enlil (10/21/2012) [-]
hey wait, it's you again
User avatar #665 to #198 - schnizel (10/22/2012) [-]
bitch
User avatar #195 to #182 - enlil (10/21/2012) [-]
Dare ye call upon my name in a religious debate, you narrow-minded fool
User avatar #659 to #195 - schnizel (10/22/2012) [-]
fuk your madafakin son
nuking earth
when enki gets back imana give you a beating
yo yo yo my *****
User avatar #672 to #659 - enlil (10/22/2012) [-]
calm your tits, sumerian-religions-expert guy.
User avatar #673 to #672 - schnizel (10/22/2012) [-]
yo my niga imana **** yu up
with my laser canon
woooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!!!
dubs decide who i will kill
User avatar #103 to #100 - herecomesjohnny (10/21/2012) [-]
Wait, i got people back in my homevillage that have plenty of jesus fish car sticker etc.
User avatar #252 to #94 - robsterthelobster (10/21/2012) [-]
Well what if someone doesn't believe in God but doesn't believe in evolution either?
User avatar #92 to #91 - daentraya (10/21/2012) [-]
Haha.. Thats a joke right?
-8
#363 to #91 - tweetyftw **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
#382 to #363 - waswat (10/21/2012) [-]
False, everyone is born without an opinion on religion. Which is not atheism. I'd say agnosticism is closer to that.
User avatar #434 to #382 - Chuckaholic (10/21/2012) [-]
I think Apatheism would be closest, that's indifference to whether there's a god or not. A new born baby doesn't really care about that stuff.
-1
#436 to #434 - tweetyftw **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #440 to #436 - Chuckaholic (10/21/2012) [-]
yeah so you could say atheism however that is generally connoted as someone who doesn't believe as opposed to being indifferent. I'm not denying you, I just think that atheism (that is often interpreted as atheism) has become a sub genre of atheism (how we interpret it)
-13
#393 to #382 - tweetyftw **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
+4
#412 to #393 - waswat has deleted their comment [-]
-5
#424 to #412 - tweetyftw **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
#460 to #424 - anon (10/21/2012) [-]
You put a random item in a box. You ask a baby what is in the box. The baby does not answer and it doesn't even acknowledge the box.
You say "The baby must think there is nothing in the box then!"
This is your logic.

Also your wrong in saying that you need to teach a kid about God for them to understand the concept.
-1
#468 to #460 - tweetyftw **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
+1
#444 to #424 - waswat has deleted their comment [-]
-1
#463 to #444 - tweetyftw **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
-1
#464 to #463 - tweetyftw **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
0
#530 to #464 - waswat has deleted their comment [-]
0
#461 to #444 - waswat has deleted their comment [-]
#479 to #393 - anon (10/21/2012) [-]
"Do you believe in god:
Yes: Atheist
No: Theists"

An atheist is a person who does not believe in a god, nor reincarnation.
Your logic is irelevant.
0
#483 to #479 - tweetyftw **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
#485 to #483 - zintra (10/21/2012) [-]
No. You said that if you're an atheist, you believe in a god.
0
#489 to #485 - tweetyftw **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
#495 to #489 - zintra (10/21/2012) [-]
Maybe you should read over your posts?
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but you might have messed up some of your comments. Maybe that's what's causing confusion and resulting in people thumbing you down?
-3
#405 to #393 - tweetyftw **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
-2
#395 to #393 - tweetyftw **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
+1
#400 to #363 - nengcaste **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #433 to #363 - fyaq (10/21/2012) [-]
in the real sense of the word yes.

in the internet sense of the word no.
#569 to #91 - saucebosss (10/21/2012) [-]
closest I could think of
User avatar #585 to #569 - beefymuffin (10/21/2012) [-]
Catholics believe in evolution so this would not work
User avatar #204 to #91 - theholum (10/21/2012) [-]
Atheists would have existed without people being introduced to it in a young age, few atheists are, but few of the major religions would have gained any popularity if you couldn't "indoctrinate" them at a young age, I think that's some of the point of this post
#350 to #204 - anon (10/21/2012) [-]
The same should be said for atheism. Many people imply athiesm as if a scientific fact, thus the same influence could be held on children from religious backgrounds. The idea of religion (including atheism) shoudl be kept completely obvlivious to society, and those who care about their origination should be granted access to a librarry of such beliefs, where they can choose for themeselves. These people will then, out of traidtion, not speak of religion as a social topic, and thus religion is kept at a personal level. No bias. No prejudice. No vioelnce. People whore are theists and athiests would coexist, and the world would be better.

But I guess what should be isn't always what is.
User avatar #654 to #350 - theholum (10/22/2012) [-]
Atheism isn't a scientific fact, and it doesn't try to be either...
User avatar #498 to #91 - sweateagle (10/21/2012) [-]
should HAVE
#435 - sircool (10/21/2012) [-]
thanks to the internet, i've finally come to a conclusion. there are people who don't believe in god, then there are atheists.    
   
people who don't believe have either little time in their daily lives to be bothered with such matters or have formed an opinion of their own and it should be respected since they don't try to bring up the issue anywhere.   
   
atheists, on the other hand, are 12 year old little 			********		 that whine whenever the word &quot;god&quot; is muttered without a &quot;sucks&quot; or &quot;doesn't exist&quot; after, want to rebel against their parents for given them the iphone 4 and not the iphone 5,  or just be complete ass holes to everyone. Please do tell if i'm wrong with these statements, but for me this entire channel acts like the second description.
thanks to the internet, i've finally come to a conclusion. there are people who don't believe in god, then there are atheists.

people who don't believe have either little time in their daily lives to be bothered with such matters or have formed an opinion of their own and it should be respected since they don't try to bring up the issue anywhere.

atheists, on the other hand, are 12 year old little ******** that whine whenever the word "god" is muttered without a "sucks" or "doesn't exist" after, want to rebel against their parents for given them the iphone 4 and not the iphone 5, or just be complete ass holes to everyone. Please do tell if i'm wrong with these statements, but for me this entire channel acts like the second description.
User avatar #448 to #435 - techketzer (10/21/2012) [-]
And then there's that faggot sircool on some internet imageboard talking like he's been spoonfed wisdom and knowledge from birth, acting like he's got it all figured out and now preaches to us all from his soapbox.

There's obnoxious believers and non-believers, but faggots like him I hate most.
User avatar #507 to #448 - teoberry (10/21/2012) [-]
sircool's ****** right tho. most of the athiests on this site are 15 year old kids going through a phase where they think they're so edgy because they say 'god sucks' and 'haev fun wit ur invisble frend retards!!1'
User avatar #630 to #507 - techketzer (10/22/2012) [-]
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

What else is there to say? Yes, it includes non-religious ideologies as well and rightly so, but that doesn't mean you're off the hook in the least.
User avatar #631 to #630 - teoberry (10/22/2012) [-]
i get that bud, but like i said, let's argue about something else know, this has gotten stale
#632 to #631 - techketzer (10/22/2012) [-]
I should have played minesweeper instead of talking to you.
User avatar #633 to #632 - teoberry (10/22/2012) [-]
well then, you can be a dick if you like, i was just suggesting something new, as i was just starting to enjoy this
User avatar #533 to #507 - techketzer (10/21/2012) [-]
That's what you think, and that's why you're an ignorant ******** .

If you actually talked to the people you're so carelessly labeling you'd see that there are many bright young people able to back up their opinions with valid arguments; I've even talked to people who ended up teaching me a thing or two about philosophy.

You sit on your ass, comfortably judging an entire collective from whatever flawed and biased little insight you may or may not even have; calling them idiots and pretend-intellectuals when you yourself are so much worse in that regard than you're accusing them of being.

tl;dr: Your hypocrisy is mind-boggling.
User avatar #534 to #533 - teoberry (10/21/2012) [-]
>calling me a hypocrite
>saying that i shouldn't be judging of othes
>calls me an ignorant ********

well, seeing some of the arguments on this site 'including yours', i think i make a good ******* point. all the athiests i've talked to on this site, barring one, has told me to **** off, and taught me nothing, even when i've shown respect.

tldr: you're a hypocrite yourself, get off your high horse
User avatar #553 to #534 - techketzer (10/21/2012) [-]
You impressively displayed how you are a hypocritical, ignorant ******** .

You think you make a ******* good point? You do, actually. But look at the TO comment, the point is made against you.

Pah. I think it more likely you've been a condescending asshole to receive that reaction from everyone but one. But no, you being an asinine hypocrite, automatically think there's something wrong with them all instead of with just you.

Anyway, it still gives you no right or ability to judge the entire collective or even just extrapolate to the majority. Doesn't work that way. "Atheism" isn't a defining, it's a denying attribute.

And don't you talk **** about my horse, you ******* asshole.
User avatar #556 to #553 - teoberry (10/21/2012) [-]
**** your horse. and how is (i'm assuming the original by sircool) his comment against me? i agreed with him. a lot of the people on this site or 12 year olds with very wrong facts (crosses made of gold, various bible verses)
#579 to #556 - techketzer (10/21/2012) [-]
"and how is (i'm assuming the original by sircool) his comment against me? i agreed with him."

You're the dumbest thing since asbestos inhalators. Even my horse laughs at you right now.
User avatar #582 to #579 - teoberry (10/21/2012) [-]
well ******* explain. he said most athiests are 12 year old ******** , i said the same thing and gave examples. maybe you can't read
User avatar #601 to #582 - techketzer (10/21/2012) [-]
The mere fact that I have to explain something as obvious as this piles more shame on your head than I could within weeks of shoveling.
But alright, just makes my job easier.

You say you make a point at how atheists are all aggressive, offensive assholes by pointing at their replies to some condescending faggot talking **** about them, baselessly insulting them and ridiculing them for having a specific opinion.

Find the flaw in that logic. No, wait, I'll end up having to find it for you halfwit anyway.
The flaw is that the only reasonable answer to the faggot Mr. sircool is a nice, resounding " **** you, too." and you're blaming people for that exact reasonable response.

There you go. My horse still laughs.
User avatar #608 to #601 - teoberry (10/21/2012) [-]
first of, that still doesn't show how his points contradicts mine. and i am blaming people for that response, it's not that it was bad because it was a bit mean, it was bad because it was a ******* stupid response. get that through your thick skull and reply when you start using logic and stop acting so edgy.
User avatar #616 to #608 - techketzer (10/22/2012) [-]
I never said it did. I said the original comment is the key to understanding how this entire thread is one giant ******* good point against you.
Figures I have to explain that as well.
You tune in on on the perfectly sensible replies instead of the offensive, pejorative TO-comment and think nothing of it; you don't even notice your leap in logic if I don't bring it to your attention.

You're a hypocrite faggot demanding others to keep standards you yourself have no intention or probably even just ability to uphold.

I'm not acting edgy, I am edgy. Born that way, can't do anything about it.
Also, everyone knows you don't fill the logic in through the skull, it is generated from within. Well, everyone but you, that is. ;)
User avatar #618 to #616 - teoberry (10/22/2012) [-]
>born that way, can't do anything about it
confirmed for 12 year old going through phase

and i focused on your reply because, no, it wasn't perfectly sensible, it was stupid. look at tweetyftw's post, it describes you. if you think you can bring up valid points instead of going overboard on insults and swears, hit me up. if not, please be quiet and look over your replies very carefully and see why you don't make a lick of sense.
User avatar #620 to #618 - techketzer (10/22/2012) [-]
Actually born in 1992. Just goes to show how hopeless you really are, haha.
How old are you, by the way?
And even if, you should rather be ashamed to admit a supposed 12yo has better grammar and diction than you, not brag about it.

My response was the exact same thing as the TO-comment, only redirected.
TO does it, it's fine, techketzer does it, it's awful and stupid and wrong.
Again, your hypocrisy is mind-boggling.

I can deal in facts and rock-solid arguments, of course.
In fact, I did. All the time. How the hell did you miss it, surely you can't be that stupid?
And where the hell are yours? Apart from biased nonsense and invalid extrapolations you've produced nothing but worthless drivel. I'm not even sure why I made that differentiation.

Alas.
#622 to #620 - teoberry (10/22/2012) [-]
&gt;implying i need to use proper grammar on the internet   
   
i use it when emailing my boss and stuff like that, and it appears we are the same age. so, apologies if i was a dick, i ate, came back, and realized i wasn't that nice. so, next time, lets talk about actual reasons why religion is good/bad and not throw mindless insults at eachother
>implying i need to use proper grammar on the internet

i use it when emailing my boss and stuff like that, and it appears we are the same age. so, apologies if i was a dick, i ate, came back, and realized i wasn't that nice. so, next time, lets talk about actual reasons why religion is good/bad and not throw mindless insults at eachother
User avatar #624 to #622 - techketzer (10/22/2012) [-]
">implying i need to use proper grammar on the internet"
Letting standards slip is never a good idea.

Neither is believing in stuff there is not even the slightest hint for; nothing is more easily instrumentalised and abused.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire

And throughout history, from Islamic Jihad to Christian Crusades, 30 Years War to Auschwitz and Kolyma, the purging waves of socialist USSR and China, the brutal truth and imperative importance of this quote is proven.
User avatar #625 to #624 - teoberry (10/22/2012) [-]
eh, i don't like to use it, i use internet to escape all the details and stuff in the real world. and remember, the holocaust was not motivated by religion, rather by a hate of it. although hitler was christian and he wanted to purge christianity of jewish influences, that his personal views on jews, and he even attacked some churches. same with the USSR, they wanted to eradicate all relgion to advance their adgenda, China was worse, but they're better now.
User avatar #626 to #625 - techketzer (10/22/2012) [-]
"Neither is believing in stuff there is not even the slightest hint for; nothing is more easily instrumentalised and abused."

Does it say religion anywhere?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

Does that say religion anywhere?

It says absurdities. Believing absurdities is dangerous to everyone involved or only neighbouring.
#627 to #626 - teoberry (10/22/2012) [-]
which means that some of the things atheists say are absurdities, especially here on FJ. let's just agree to disagree, since i got better things to do.
#628 to #627 - techketzer (10/22/2012) [-]
" let's just agree to disagree, since i got better things to do."

Don't think I don't recognize a coward fleeing when he's defeated when I see one.
#629 to #628 - teoberry (10/22/2012) [-]
listen man, maybe you like retarded debates, maybe you got an addiction or something. but i'm done for the moment, if one of us brings up a different part of religion to debate about, then i'm all for it. so if you got an idea, post it.
#451 to #448 - sircool (10/21/2012) [-]
stop with the complements, you're going to make me blush.
stop with the complements, you're going to make me blush.
#477 to #451 - techketzer (10/21/2012) [-]
That is a rather strange way to answer, but alright...
#475 to #435 - fracturecannon (10/21/2012) [-]
your comment had me at prototype
it also hit home on a closet atheist under a strict religious household



... oh, and techketzer, get your head out of your boyfriend's ass and quit being an over-sensitive prick
#502 to #475 - techketzer (10/21/2012) [-]
Up yours, you cocksuck; I'm an oversensitive prick as much as I ******* want to be and where I stick my head is none of your business either.
#512 to #502 - fracturecannon (10/21/2012) [-]
Don't come crying to me when the place you stick your head bites it off.
User avatar #546 to #512 - techketzer (10/21/2012) [-]
No danger of that happening, I don't like you.
#548 to #546 - fracturecannon (10/21/2012) [-]
im happy our opinions are mutual
User avatar #554 to #548 - techketzer (10/21/2012) [-]
That's nice. Go away.
#605 to #554 - fracturecannon (10/21/2012) [-]
judging from the thumbs, your the one everyone wants to go away.
#614 to #605 - techketzer (10/21/2012) [-]
pic didn't load. Shame.
User avatar #613 to #605 - techketzer (10/21/2012) [-]
Yes, I'd think you are one to value the opinion of anonymous idiots given form in colorful gestures.
Fits the pathetic picture quite nicely.
User avatar #478 to #435 - atrocitustheking (10/21/2012) [-]
The first thing you mention is the dictionary definition of atheism.
An atheist can be what's known as a "soft atheist" which means they just don't go to a church/temple/synagogue/mosque/etc. A "hard atheist" is someone who is actively against religious beliefs, not so much an a-theist (from the Greek "without god, or a deity") as an anti-theist (against god, or deities).

Hope that definition helps.
User avatar #623 to #435 - jlyoung (10/22/2012) [-]
Well there is the distinction to be made between an atheist and an anti-theist. An athiest just doesn't believe in god and an anti-theist actively opposes religion. Both groups have their own whiny, irritating members just like every belief system.
But this post does kind of make a good point about not forcing your beliefs on your children, this includes atheists though.
+2
#446 to #435 - tweetyftw **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #508 to #446 - Carthusia (10/21/2012) [-]
I think that was what he was trying to get across.
Most Atheists I know don't usually mention it until the subject comes up. For example, I didn't know a close friend of mine was an atheist until about 5 months after I met him and even then I was like "oh ok, that's cool I guess". I get along well with my Atheist friends and monotheist friends (and they with them) because we're not pretentious assholes (I'm polytheist, so I'm kinda mocked by both sides occasionally, but I don't really care).
That said most people tend to associate Atheism and Anti-theism very closely. Some people don't even know the difference and we owe that to the "spoiled 12 year old assholes". while I'm sure a good portion of them are not 12 years old, I'm pretty sure most (or at least those I've known) are complete assholes.
At the end of the day, being who I am and what I believe, I don't really care what book someone reads or doesn't read. I just want to live my life and be happy because life is too short to be pissed off about another persons religion. It's as simple as that.
#480 to #446 - sircool (10/21/2012) [-]
actually, the way i see it at least, if you didn't believe in a god, you wouldn't need a title for it. you don't call christians and muslims the same name. hell, you don't even call all christians the same name. nonbelievers are that, they don't believe. atheists take an active approach to it.
actually, the way i see it at least, if you didn't believe in a god, you wouldn't need a title for it. you don't call christians and muslims the same name. hell, you don't even call all christians the same name. nonbelievers are that, they don't believe. atheists take an active approach to it.
+1
#488 to #480 - tweetyftw **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
#189 - BeaverBalls (10/21/2012) [-]
Atheism: suddenly you're smarter than everyone who has a religion








pic unrelated
User avatar #402 to #189 - ilovehitler (10/21/2012) [-]
Yeah, for some reason a lot of atheists seem to think that not believing in god makes them smart, when they are in reality dumbasses. There have been extremely smart religious people, and extremely smart atheists. There have also been extremely dumb religious people, and extremely dumb atheists.
#648 - atrocitustheking (10/22/2012) [-]
This image has expired
> come on to FJ
> see religious debate
> support for atheism & Christianity
> mfw no one mentions the true saviour, the God-Emperor of Mankind
#682 to #648 - warzon ONLINE (10/27/2012) [-]
There are few options.
I sugest explosive.
#683 to #682 - atrocitustheking (10/29/2012) [-]
This image has expired
Kill it with Fire - For the Imperium, it's not just a good idea, it's official government policy.
User avatar #684 to #683 - warzon ONLINE (10/29/2012) [-]
As a guardsman player i have to stick with cannonfodder and explosives.
Or ill be shot.
User avatar #685 to #684 - atrocitustheking (10/29/2012) [-]
Hellhound tanks, my friend. Hellhounds.
User avatar #686 to #685 - warzon ONLINE (10/29/2012) [-]
HELLHOUNDS ARE CRA-

*Sounds of a pistol being loaded*

Very effective against life.
#500 - teoberry (10/21/2012) [-]
>says religious people force their opinions on people
>forcing his opinion on people
>mfw
#560 to #500 - mvtjets ONLINE (10/21/2012) [-]
Comment Picture
#370 - iAmAWizard (10/21/2012) [-]
This is Funnyjunk.

You're preaching to the choir son.
User avatar #132 - IceViper (10/21/2012) [-]
then they will just believe what everyone around them is saying
#144 to #137 - HarbingerGunner (10/21/2012) [-]
He is right. It is called conformity and it is extremely strong.
#150 to #144 - hailarty (10/21/2012) [-]
I don't think that making a child conform to parents religions is a good way to teach a child not to conform...
#152 to #150 - HarbingerGunner (10/21/2012) [-]
but human conform. That is human nature. To be liked by everyone around them.
One of my favorite tests was about lines. A group of people would enter a room with a scientist. All but one is an actor. The scientist will show a board that shows multiple parallel lines of varying length and ask which is the longest. The actors ALWAYS picked the wrong line and the scientist would see how the one true person answer. EVERY SINGLE time the person would eventually conform to the popular belief.

Now put that here. If a person goes to reddit or funnyjunk daily and sees the overly-athiest view of everything, it is highly possible that they will conform and become atheist.

This isnt wrong, immoral, or cruel. This is human nature.
Put the kid out in the world to decide for himself and he will not think properly, only join the flow
User avatar #116 - Loppytaffy (10/21/2012) [-]
I see ont he far right they are prepared for a demon baby.
Or Alchemist.
Or demon summoning alchemist.
User avatar #101 - dommazzetti (10/21/2012) [-]
dearleader
your logic is flawed for one reason
the majority of athiest had religious parents and i bet you did too.
Parents show their idea and kids can choice their own.
it is a parents job to teach and structure you can change anytime you want
#384 to #101 - unfamous (10/21/2012) [-]
That isn't really a flaw in logic. That's like saying because some people manage to escape from north korea, north korea isn't really that bad a place. Not that religious indoctrination is as bad as the glorious leader's, I don't support giving your kid a definitive answer about the existence of a god one way or the other but I think you have a right to do so if you choose to. Just saying the flaw you pointed out isn't really a flaw.
#124 to #101 - anon (10/21/2012) [-]
tell that to my lost foreskin.
#222 to #124 - boredomavenger (10/21/2012) [-]
why would you want your foreskin back?
User avatar #496 to #124 - dommazzetti (10/21/2012) [-]
another problem here... it is now common practice to remove the foreskin at birth. unless the mother says do not do it the doctors remove it
#456 - anon (10/21/2012) [-]
As a human it is IMPOSSIBLE to grow up without being acculturated into your regions culture and society. Culture is the most important adaptation humans have and defines/influences everything that we do. This argument is petty, ignorant, and possibly racist.
#141 - tiddycats (10/21/2012) [-]
I have no clue what religion that brand he's holding is supposed to represent, so I'm just gonna assume he wants him to be a fish.
I have no clue what religion that brand he's holding is supposed to represent, so I'm just gonna assume he wants him to be a fish.
[ 620 comments ]
Leave a comment
 Friends (0)