Dissing With Bible Quotes. . lauren clearer. @. .. Atheists Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and l the springs of water In reply to Lauren c
x
Click to expand

Dissing With Bible Quotes

lauren clearer. @. ..
Atheists Worship him who made
the heavens, the earth, the sea and
l the springs of water
In reply to Lauren clearer.
1 Timothy 2: 12
I I do not permit a woman to teach
or to assume authority over a man;
she must be quiet.
...
  • Recommend tagsx
+3588
Views: 76168
Favorited: 334
Submitted: 07/24/2012
Share On Facebook
Add to favorites Subscribe to Saito Subscribe to funny submit to reddit

Comments(594):

[ 594 comments ]
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
#570 - skumbaner (07/25/2012) [-]
>"God is always listening and watching"
>There is always a Slayer track playing
>therefore, God is always listening to Slayer
>OUTPLAYED
User avatar #577 to #570 - ireallylikepotatoe (07/25/2012) [-]
Couldn't you say the same about most mainstream(ish) bands?
User avatar #598 to #577 - elitetroll (07/25/2012) [-]
no, god enjoys the sounds of Slayer, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, and many other metal bands.
User avatar #603 to #598 - zraven (07/25/2012) [-]
..and Jimmy Buffet, for some reason. He just gets Margaritaville stuck in his head sometimes.
User avatar #604 to #603 - elitetroll (07/25/2012) [-]
yeah. and i bet god likes reggae also
User avatar #609 to #604 - uberkerry (07/25/2012) [-]
Think God would be interested in some Black Metal? o: Abbath seems like a man, god would admire
User avatar #613 to #609 - elitetroll (07/25/2012) [-]
maybe? i mean hes probably got the hair of a metalhead
User avatar #606 to #604 - zraven (07/25/2012) [-]
Ya know, I could see the Almighty kickin' back to some Marley.
User avatar #607 to #606 - elitetroll (07/25/2012) [-]
definately. i bet god is also in a smooth jazz band playing piano
User avatar #608 to #607 - zraven (07/25/2012) [-]
The piano guy always gets all the chicks.
User avatar #611 to #608 - elitetroll (07/25/2012) [-]
yeah, that and im sure that god looks like morgan freemon
User avatar #614 to #611 - zraven (07/25/2012) [-]
God "is" Morgan Freeman. He just enjoys acting on the side of that whole "run universe" thing.
User avatar #615 to #614 - elitetroll (07/25/2012) [-]
definately
User avatar #579 to #577 - skumbaner (07/25/2012) [-]
Most probably yes
User avatar #643 to #579 - LuckyStrikes (07/25/2012) [-]
Couldn't you say, that as the bible states God is every where, at all times past, present, and future, and that he loves everyone, as so is stated in the bible, that he loves all forms of music, as well? Not to mention that he loves all forms of hobbies, and games (including roleplaying, ccg's, vidya)??
#520 - kuree (07/25/2012) [-]
how ANYONE takes a loss in a flame war.
how ANYONE takes a loss in a flame war.
#495 - bahh (07/25/2012) [-]
**bahh rolls 6** 9
#496 to #495 - John Cena (07/25/2012) [-]
#605 - CoolStoryBrosky ONLINE (07/25/2012) [-]
#62 - spangle (07/25/2012) [-]
I'm a Christian, though I'm not one of the idiots who goes on twitter and sends out bible verses to accounts for atheism, as that's just dumb. Rather, I prefer to never mention my religion unless asked about it.

Pic semi-related to unrelated.
#599 to #62 - knowstoomuch (07/25/2012) [-]
>Never mentions religion unless asked
>Sees bible fag being bible fag post
>Mentions religion

Wut?
User avatar #84 to #62 - RAPxMASTER (07/25/2012) [-]
I'm an athiest, and I hate when christians do it, You don't see me going around saying how much I disagree with the idea of there being a God and stuff, I don't mind in people believing whatever, but when they constantly go around putting facebook statuses and tweets and all, is when I start getting annoyed and pissed.
User avatar #91 to #84 - spangle (07/25/2012) [-]
It's really a two-way street. Personally, I see just as many atheist posts on my newsfeed as Christian ones. However, they are both annoying and need to stop. It's fine to believe what you want to believe (or don't believe), but don't shove it down anyone's throats.
-2
#101 to #91 - misterdoland **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #71 to #62 - garrettjacobsen (07/25/2012) [-]
I am an atheist and I respect your opinions and beliefs.
User avatar #78 to #71 - spangle (07/25/2012) [-]
And I respect your opinions and beliefs (or lack thereof haha). No reason to engage in such a pointless fight.
User avatar #93 to #78 - garrettjacobsen (07/25/2012) [-]
Agreed. Would you like to get together and have breakfast whilist we discuss a topic we both agree on, perhaps how cute kittens are?
User avatar #94 to #93 - spangle (07/25/2012) [-]
Absolutely.
User avatar #97 to #94 - garrettjacobsen (07/25/2012) [-]
I'm being serious, name a state and I'll arrange to be there within this year.



Unless further than midwest. Then we have skype breakfast.
User avatar #241 to #97 - scooterpony (07/25/2012) [-]
Hello, I'm Chris Hanson. Why don't you take a seat over there?
User avatar #317 to #78 - Chuckaholic (07/25/2012) [-]
There's nothing wrong with a debate though about why you believe, as long as both parties want it. However debates have etiquette and it's a shame that many people don't realize it.
User avatar #76 to #71 - karson (07/25/2012) [-]
tolerance? respect? maybe there is still hope for FJ.
User avatar #77 to #76 - garrettjacobsen (07/25/2012) [-]
Maybe just for me
User avatar #83 to #77 - karson (07/25/2012) [-]
maybe...
#121 to #83 - John Cena (07/25/2012) [-]
This conversation restores my faith in humainty
#631 - bobbinzz (07/25/2012) [-]
MFW I see a religion-related post.
MFW I see a religion-related post.
User avatar #146 - OMGCAA (07/25/2012) [-]
I don't get it though, the Atheist's picture implies that he is a Pastafarian.
User avatar #88 - kyledp (07/25/2012) [-]
That moment when Atheists know more about the bible than me.
#4 - killerliquid ONLINE (07/24/2012) [-]
Trademark of atheists. Knowing the bible more than a stupid Christian.
#659 to #4 - jshrysmth (07/25/2012) [-]
false real trademark of athiests knowing quotes from the bible and using them in ways they aren't meant to be used to be an asshole. i do this too but still athiests do it alot more.
#393 to #4 - steelcrasher (07/25/2012) [-]
Remember 5 quotes that can be used against theists

Automatically know more about bible than christians...wut ?
User avatar #11 to #4 - gwlk (07/24/2012) [-]
Was talking to the insanely religious guy at work yesterday. Another coworker asks him if he's read the whole bible(innocently, she was legitimately curious). He says, "I've read parts of it. How about you, (me)?"(Knowing I'm an atheist).
I tell him I've read the whole thing which is why I don't believe any of it.
He gets all uppity and starts trying to preach around all the customers and **** .
#209 to #11 - dadukesta (07/25/2012) [-]
Why not just believe the good parts of the bible? That's what i do.
User avatar #525 to #209 - iisammehii (07/25/2012) [-]
Right, so believe parts of something that we're "meant" to run our lives off of?

That's ******* stupid, you can't just ******* pick parts out then ******* shun the other parts, that's being as bad as the bigoted idiots who constantly ******* shun homosexuals but completely ignore other parts of it.

To believe in something which has so many contradictions, so many errors, so much **** is just ridiculous.
#404 to #209 - John Cena (07/25/2012) [-]
Mainly because it means you're acknowledging that the other parts of it are moronic at best. This then leads people to wonder how it can be believed at all, as it is flawed.
Like the original boy-who-cried-wolf story - if you lie and are an asshole many times, why should you be trusted on anything else you say? In the story the answer was you're not, you're eaten by a mother ******* wolf.
#662 to #4 - ishotthedeputy (07/25/2012) [-]
Trademark of atheists: reading the bible out of context to take quotes and use them against christians
#26 to #4 - nofightingdos (07/25/2012) [-]
What's the point of following or doing something involving strict rules if you're not going to read deeper into them and discern for yourself the credibility of following them?

That's WHY many Atheists don't believe, it's because all of it is far-fetched and the periods they come from (as we learned) have spurned these texts from a "divine source" in order to rule the unruly and uneducated.
0
#52 to #26 - misterdoland **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #27 to #26 - killerliquid ONLINE (07/25/2012) [-]
You know, I would'nt have posted it without knowing taht.
User avatar #9 to #4 - remsaman (07/24/2012) [-]
rule #1 of warfare.
know thy enemy.
#600 to #9 - John Cena (07/25/2012) [-]
Typical atheists thinking it's a war instead of what it actually is: people having different opinions.
#601 to #600 - remsaman (07/25/2012) [-]
its called a joke.
live a little. or does your religion forbid humor too?
#7 to #4 - hemming (07/24/2012) [-]
That's why Atheists doesn't believe in it
User avatar #19 to #7 - wolvesbrickwall (07/25/2012) [-]
"Atheists doesn't"
User avatar #22 to #21 - wolvesbrickwall (07/25/2012) [-]
should be "Atheists don't"
#23 to #22 - hemming (07/25/2012) [-]
You're right, but...
#289 to #7 - John Cena (07/25/2012) [-]
you're a faggot who doesn't know **** most christian's know what they are talking about just not little ***** like this
+25
#489 - boogaa **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #500 to #489 - lepotato (07/25/2012) [-]
Fukken Saved.
#480 - toastedsnatch (07/25/2012) [-]
Stupid Christians.
#107 - jettaelas (07/25/2012) [-]
I'm Christian, but I really hate it when people spout off verses to try to convert people.  It NEVER works, it just pisses people off. Just let people believe what the hell they want to believe.
I'm Christian, but I really hate it when people spout off verses to try to convert people. It NEVER works, it just pisses people off. Just let people believe what the hell they want to believe.
User avatar #137 to #107 - liftplus (07/25/2012) [-]
try telling the mormans that every time they knock on my door
#113 to #107 - John Cena (07/25/2012) [-]
bad gif choice... John Stewart is jewish. You're right though.
User avatar #212 to #113 - dadukesta (07/25/2012) [-]
Judaism still follows the Bible, just the old testament instead of the new...
User avatar #114 to #113 - jettaelas (07/25/2012) [-]
Haha yeah didn't think about that. Oh well, it's pretty close.
#481 - mylifeasacomic (07/25/2012) [-]
Comment Picture
#129 - atma (07/25/2012) [-]
The Bible isn't a continuous listing of rules and regulations to live your life by. It's a collection of stories, mostly for the purpose of providing a sophisticated set of morals. And, like any good stories, they have a variety of characters both good and bad; not every ******* quote that you pick from The Bible is going to be the words straight from God's mouth.
In Genesis 9, Noah's son Ham sees Noah drunk and passed out naked and tells his brothers about it because he thinks it's so funny. His brothers think he's being immature, and cover Noah in a blanket out of respect. When Noah wakes up and finds out that Ham was teasing him, he gets pissy, and curses Ham and his son. People have taken this particular passage out of context so many times, using it as fodder for anti-gay propaganda, going "NOAH CURSED HIS SON FOR LOOKING AT HIS PEEPEE, LET US CURSE ALL WHO LOOK AT OTHER'S PEEPEES"
Or maybe Noah just had a hangover and he was embarrassed. It's that simple. He got angry and yelled and probably regretted it later, which is something that we can all relate to, and there are relatable passages like this ALL OVER THE BIBLE.

I'm not mad at the content. I just think it really needs to be said that there are so many inconsistencies and discrepancies in the words of The Bible because -- surprise, surprise -- more than one person is saying them.
#467 to #129 - juicynips (07/25/2012) [-]
You sound like my theology lecturer...you don't happen to study religion at university do you?
User avatar #658 to #467 - atma (07/25/2012) [-]
I took a summer Bible course to finish off my Undergraduate credits. I wasn't going in expecting the most exciting time of my life, but it actually turned out to be my favorite class, the professor was really objective about the course material and stirred up a lot of questions and discussion about the things that too many people take for granted.

So, no, not an expert or anything but I guess you can say I've studied it a bit.
#555 to #129 - John Cena (07/25/2012) [-]
Point is; non of them are god's words, all of them are man made.
User avatar #142 to #129 - AnomynousUser (07/25/2012) [-]
Meh, I honestly don't care about when people pick out specific things from the Bible to disprove someone who tries to use the Bible for their ideas or whatever. I just find it funny... Maybe it's because I see it as just another book, but I just laugh when someone does that.
User avatar #158 to #129 - lolollo ONLINE (07/25/2012) [-]
The Bible is like Gilgamesh, or the Odyssey. It's a portal into the views and tendencies of cultures long since lost to us where those books are all we have left to know about how a society worked. Anyone who treats it as otherwise is an idiot, including the atheists who think they're so clever by becoming bigger experts in a god damn English Lit reading assignment than the very sciences they try to hold over everyone's heads. You won't believe how many times I've had to shoo away an atheist who's tried to disprove me by bringing up evolution only to have me embarrass the **** out of them by knowing more about how the **** works than they do. Too many times I've seen in these debates people assume that just because someone's calling them out on their **** that they'll be able to get away with just dusting off an old argument that's worked for them in the past.

I thank you for being one of the more intelligent ones. The bible's a ******* anthropological resource, not a history book.
User avatar #248 to #158 - scooterpony (07/25/2012) [-]
Seeing smart theists like you makes me happy. I'm far too stupid to hold my own in an argument and knowing the fact that there are theists who CAN is pretty coolbro.
That is all.
User avatar #222 to #158 - dadukesta (07/25/2012) [-]
The old testament is quite a history book though. Any PH.D. in history would say that, with all the involvement of the Egyptian Empire and the establishment of Israel and its effect on the mediterranian.
#165 to #129 - eyerjesse (07/25/2012) [-]
Of course many like myself do not believe the bible word for word, but at least some of those people like myself understand that the bible is a collection of stories that in many ways can help a person find comfort when dealing with problems pertaining to problems in their life.
Regardless of how many times it has been rewritten, as long as people are able to decipher the good from the bad, and make proper decisions in their everyday lives.
User avatar #185 to #129 - RedSarge (07/25/2012) [-]
All I got out of that, was that Noah got pissed off and cursed at a ham.
#204 to #185 - atma (07/25/2012) [-]
our lesson today was a success
#522 - John Cena (07/25/2012) [-]
Religious people (not just Christians) bash atheists for what they believe in, and that's just fine.

Atheists respond with something of their own, and that's being intolerant and mean.

Allofmywut.

Pic very related.
#656 to #522 - dragonchu (07/25/2012) [-]
I'd just like to point out your post did not make sense if only for the reason that you put other religions bash atheists for what they believe in, it's hard to bash nothing :p Religion and apparently even no religion creates war, people are stupid on both sides. ~ a wiccan
#696 to #656 - John Cena (01/02/2014) [-]
All you mange to just show with that picture of yours is that you clearly do not understand what "Atheism" means. You are as much a Atheist as on other religions as Atheist is towards the rest and yours including. As to what atheists belief what stared the universe is very different from person to person. The differences between those picking a religion and the Atheists that reject all Claims to knowledge that religions make, is that you picked 1 specific religion out of a million and declared that the correct one, Atheists just rejected all million and one.
User avatar #526 to #522 - SirPeanutNuttyFoor (07/25/2012) [-]
> Religious lady tweets an atheist account. Clearly trying to shove her beliefs down his/her throat.
> Atheist replies with a bible verse.
> "Why do atheists have to be so rude and disrespectful to Christians????!"
> What?
+1
#567 to #522 - hallohallo **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
#528 to #522 - John Cena (07/25/2012) [-]
I've yet to actually see a Christian act hostile towards an Atheist, I mostly only see Atheists insulting other faiths
#543 to #528 - lagrasshopper (07/25/2012) [-]
I was once told by a christian that i would be struck down by lightning and sent to hell. I was only in 6th grade and all i did was say that i was atheist.
#533 to #528 - John Cena (07/25/2012) [-]
Then I invite you to watch some of TheAmazingAtheists older videos on Youtube where Christians lob pretty mean insults towards him.
0
#583 to #528 - juspate **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #30 - kamehamehanurd (07/25/2012) [-]
Oh religious post! *Grabs popcorn and reads comments*
[ 594 comments ]
Leave a comment
 Friends (0)