Login or register
Login or register
Login / Create Account
Email is optional and is used for password recovery purposes.
Click to Create Account
Login to FJ
Stay logged in
Click to Login
Log in/Sign with Facebook.
Log in/Sign up with Gmail.
Remaining character count: 4000
[ + ]
Image or Video File:
Shortcuts: "C" opens comments. "R" refreshes comments.
Record voice message?
Click to start recording.
Enter Captcha Code:
Scroll to comment?
Back to the content 'Fucking Catholics Fucking Christians'
Oh wow! Another christian bashing post. How ******* original. All of you athiests say that christians are really mean and judgemental. Honestly, I have seen more douchebag athiests than douchebag christians. Most of you athiests are mean and retarded *******. Im an athiest, but i ******* love christians.
Deuteronomy Chapter 22
13 If a man takes a wife and, after sleeping with her , dislikes her 14 and slanders her and gives her a bad name, saying, “I married this woman, but when I approached her, I did not find proof of her virginity,” 15 then the young woman’s father and mother shall bring to the town elders at the gate proof that she was a virgin. 16 Her father will say to the elders, “I gave my daughter in marriage to this man, but he dislikes her. 17 Now he has slandered her and said, ‘I did not find your daughter to be a virgin.’ But here is the proof of my daughter’s virginity.” Then her parents shall display the cloth before the elders of the town, 18 and the elders shall take the man and punish him. 19 They shall fine him a hundred shekels[b] of silver and give them to the young woman’s father, because this man has given an Israelite virgin a bad name. She shall continue to be his wife; he must not divorce her as long as he lives.
20 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.
22 If a man is found sleeping with another man’s wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel.
This is why I hate Chrisitanity, you have to support this and anyone with half a brain wouldnt.
In B4 "Hur dur what about the good stuff"? I prefer to be a good person because i want to be, not because a book told me to.
New International Version (©1984)
"'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.
Here we go again. People should be able to be themselves without having to burn in hell for it.
If this is God's word, god is a ******* dick.
Be aware that god (if he does exist) did not write the bible. people did. i had a conversation with one of my friends about this. i agree that there are many things in the bible that are outlandish to many (as well as myself). christian catholic but i respect other forms of religion as well as athiesm (spelling?). im just asking to think about it. overtime, im sure that many things in the bible were changed just because people believed things were crazy to themselves, without regard to entire the population.
you misunderstand then
God DID write the bible, just indirectly, he used the various authors of the bible to create it for him, like a human vessel. The story goes that he literally "Dictated" what to write.
Protip: Chrome has built in spellcheck
what dictates a human vessel? how is this person chosen? again i do not see eye to eye with many of the writings in the bible. were the people chosen by God pure themselves? even today we are discovering new things in our religions that we never even heard of. im asking to bring clarity to help me see your point
i dont use chrome but i did just download it so i will keep that in mind.
It's very vague, all i can tell you is that god someone manipulated each author into writing these pieces (or so the story goes) which make it even more suspicious.
That's from the OT. Jesus died so the old testament would be nothing more than guide lines. I'm an Atheist, but everyone should know that Christianity isn't bound by the OT. You should look into Jesus' teachings, there are some good stuff there.
A) Not true, you cant pick and choose what bible verses to follow this is God's word, do you think he wrote it down wrong? or ****** up somewhere? No he didnt, because if he did, then this could be applied to the entire book, then the OT would mean nothing. If read properly, (picking and choosing verses) Harry Potter could be taken as fact.
B) Here's from the new testament:
1 Timothy 2:12
New International Version (NIV)
12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[a] she must be quiet.
Christianity is the teaching of Christ. His teachings is the only thing that must be followed. You can (but shouldn't) ignore the Old Testament completely. There are several factors you should need to count.
1. Even though the Bible is supposed to be the word of God, it is written by man.
2. The teachings of the Bible is just that, teachings.
3. The Bible has been edited several times (damn the Catholic Church).
4. Everything in the Bible should be interpreted with emphasis on what Jesus said.
5. You can't interpret every part of the Bible, as things like "You must believe in Jesus to get to Heaven" was edited in later to scare people into the religion.
1) God DID write the bible, just indirectly, he used the various authors of the bible to create it for him, like a human vessel. The story goes that he literally "Dictated" what to write.
2) It's a rulebook, God wrote it this way, through man, his words are flawless, our interpretation is what matters, but with the verses ive pointed out i see no toher way to interpret it.
3) yes and no, Verses i've pointed out have not.
4) Jesus actually has very little to say (again see above verses) considering his importance, the fact that he skipped a whole book written by his father is a bit frustrating.
5) You can, it's in english, if you couldnt, why the hell would you put it in? Even parts "added in" can be read and interpreted.
(Damn you for making me log in to reply to your stupidity)
1. You're an idiot. Inspiration is not dictation.
2. See above.
3. Prove it.
4. Little to say? The Gospels ARE his words...
5. Read the anon's whole comment before replying to it.
Jesus does address the fact that he has changed some teachings from the Old Testament. He says that the Jews' hearts were made of stone, so they could not receive the full law. And no, I'm not going to cite it. I'm far too lazy.
1. You have two choices in this case then
-etiher I am right
-or the writers of the bible can go wrong, and if they are, who is anyone to decide how god REALLY wanted it? How the hell do you know that they're even right? You cant be picky, you cant be choosy. The authors either have the word of god here or they dont, because they second they dont you can start to second guess the whole ******* book.
3. "And no, I'm not going to cite it. I'm far too lazy"
4. all of the sudden these words are flawless and are the words of jesus, youre selectively reading the bible again.
5. fine ill use another counterargument IF THE BIBLE IS EDITED, WHY FOLLOW IT? You're supposed to follow the word of god, how do you decide where that is in the mess of edits?
agreed. (im atheist too)
Back to the content 'Fucking Catholics Fucking Christians'
Top in 24 Hours
History In The Making
Very Relatable Professor
When you're feeling down
Anon knows his ----
NYES. Anyone else into these?
Daily News April 26-2018
Khan and UK bull----
Everything changed when the Pyro Update was released
Something for Everyone
Anon figures out the power of nofap
inconclusive troubled gentle Rat
T E X A S
don't move a muscle !
I sense a great disturbance
Really warm ground stuff
Tumblr is a LAM
some ---- with love 51
I miss him already
That's alot of Ghost riders
fumbling subsequent mountainous Emu
Just being polite
B E E S T H E T I C
Rich friend in the 2000's
SHUT IT DOWN!