Home Original Content Funny Pictures Funny GIFs YouTube Funny Text Funny Movies Channels Search

hide menu
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
User avatar #662 - warrenzthehero (04/14/2012) [-]
It's 25%. It says random. So whatever the answer is, of the four, it's still 25%, given that there is in fact a correct answer. Disregard the two 25%s, and what the answers actually are entirely. It's random, thus, 25%.
User avatar #667 to #662 - HeBitch (04/14/2012) [-]
But there are 2 25%'s, so you have a 2 in 4 chance of picking 25%, which is 50%.
You have a 25% chance of choosing 50% though, since there's only 1. You're back where you started.
#741 to #667 - lolelollipop (04/18/2012) [-]
I think i should thumb you just for your thumbnail
User avatar #674 to #667 - warrenzthehero (04/14/2012) [-]
Ignore the numbers. Think only of the letters. Four answers. Four choices. 25%.
#693 to #674 - ludamat (04/14/2012) [-]
you are thinking in only one dimension. The nature of the question requires that you actually consider which answer is correct.
User avatar #681 to #674 - fuzzyballs (04/14/2012) [-]
you're wrong you know
User avatar #680 to #674 - HeBitch (04/14/2012) [-]
You can't ignore the numbers, they determine whether you're correct or not.
You would be correct if there were 4 different answers, but not in this case.

The answer is actually 0% because you'd be wrong no matter what.
User avatar #683 to #680 - fuzzyballs (04/14/2012) [-]
0% isn't one of the options, you're stuck with A,B,C and D buddy
User avatar #686 to #683 - HeBitch (04/14/2012) [-]
Well obviously, but there is a 0% chance of getting the correct answer, buddy.
User avatar #688 to #686 - fuzzyballs (04/14/2012) [-]
but you can't pick 0% buddy
User avatar #691 to #688 - HeBitch (04/14/2012) [-]
Sigh, use some logic.

a)incorrect
b)incorrect
c)incorrect
d)incorrect

Therefore, there is a 0% chance of getting the correct answer. I'm fully aware 0% isn't
an option as I possess the ability to read. I hate having to explain simple things like this
because it sucks all the funny out of it. Let me ask you a question.

how many letters are in the word "rectum"?
a)5
b)4
c)1
d)7

Pick one at random, what % chance do you have? 0. Buddy.
User avatar #694 to #691 - warrenzthehero (04/14/2012) [-]
Think of it this way; this is how I thought of it:

On modern-day standardized tests they use a scantron answer document. Say this was on a test. The document reader would have one of the answer choices as correct, it'd have to. So if you guessed at random, then it's a 25% chance of choosing the one that the test says is correct.
User avatar #695 to #694 - HeBitch (04/14/2012) [-]
... BUT THERE ARE 2 25%'s SO YOU HAVE A 50% CHANCE OF GUESSING 25%

I do see what you're trying to say, modern-day standardized test though. Look at the answers and think logically about what you pick, it will always be incorrect because of the 50% chance of picking 25%.
User avatar #697 to #695 - warrenzthehero (04/14/2012) [-]
Well the answers themselves are all wrong, yes. In that case, if I was taking the test, I would round. But ONE of the choices would be correct.
User avatar #699 to #697 - HeBitch (04/14/2012) [-]
Would it?

a) 25% - wrong because there are 2, which means you have a 50% chance of choosing 25%
b) 50% -wrong because there are 3 possible different answers
c) 60% -wrong because there are 3 possible different answers
d) 25% - wrong because there are 2, which means you have a 50% chance of choosing 25%

None are correct, which is why it is a paradox.

#713 to #699 - Womens Study Major (04/14/2012) [-]
Are you sure about that?

a) 25% There are 2 of those TAKE BOTH OF THESE OUT BECAUSE THERE ARE THE SAME
b) 50% <---- This one is correct because your only left with B and C.
c) 75% No because you took out both A and B
d) 25% The second one Take it out

It looks to me that it's 50%
User avatar #725 to #713 - HeBitch (04/15/2012) [-]
You're not "left" with anything. The question says you pick an answer at random. If you pick b (50%), well that means that c (60%) would also have to be correct since there's a 50% chance of not picking 25%. 60% is definitely not correct. 25% can't be correct either since there a 2, and therefore a 50% chance of picking it. The answer is incorrect no matter what.
User avatar #696 to #695 - HeBitch (04/14/2012) [-]
*this isn't a modern-day standardized test though
#716 to #696 - Womens Study Major (04/14/2012) [-]
But hebitch have you thaught about it like this?
A 25% B 50% C60% D25%
1+1=?
A2 B6 C7 D2
If you choose at random the change is 50% which is B but becuase I choose B as 50% doesn't mean B is the correct answer to the question, but B is the correct answer to the question. the correct answer to question P (which is the ''paradox) is P=B=50% but becuase the answer is B to P doesn't mean the answer to M (which is my question) is B, it only means if I choose at random the change is 50% I am right. becuase
M=A/D=50 %

Sincerely,

AnoN
User avatar #709 to #696 - potatoace (04/14/2012) [-]
reply to anon that was but I didn't log in
User avatar #724 to #709 - HeBitch (04/15/2012) [-]
no, because you have a 50% chance to land on 25%, and a 50% chance to land on 50% OR 60%. So no, the answer is not 50%.
User avatar #727 to #724 - potatoace (04/15/2012) [-]
oh no that wasn't me notice the date difference
I said that if 0% was a choice it would be wrong anyway
User avatar #728 to #727 - HeBitch (04/15/2012) [-]
Oh, my bad. Yeah you're right.
#707 to #696 - Womens Study Major (04/14/2012) [-]
I do agree with you but
if there was a choice which is 0%
it would still be wrong
its impossible
User avatar #700 to #696 - warrenzthehero (04/14/2012) [-]
Good point, but that's how I would approach the question. It needn't even be standardized, only a regular test.
#743 to #700 - pokeboy (04/22/2012) [-]
**pokeboy rolls 311**
 Friends (0)