logic. stumbled upon this.. I sure hope this doesn't cause a religious debate.
x
Click to expand

Comments(376):

[ 376 comments ]
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
#23 - jettripleseven (01/30/2012) [-]
I dunno if anyone's noticed, but the ********* hardly exists anymore.
It's just comments ABOUT the ********* now.
User avatar #26 to #23 - blokrokker ONLINE (01/30/2012) [-]
It's been a rather long time since I've seen a legit ********* . Kinda sucks, it's always fun to watch one unfold.
#90 - clink (01/30/2012) [-]
Everyone just calm down and have a Dr. Pepper
#152 - aBlindMoron (01/30/2012) [-]
I sure hope this doesn't cause a religious debate.
#200 - redwolfradolf (01/30/2012) [-]
Fact:
only content that shows religion in a negative way gets pinkies
#218 to #200 - jrook (01/30/2012) [-]
Fact:
only content that shows religion in a negative way are true
User avatar #219 to #218 - redwolfradolf (01/30/2012) [-]
how?
#222 to #219 - jrook (01/30/2012) [-]
no good comes from religion except with the possible exception of charity. But telling people " you must be a nice person by donating to charity or you will suffer an eternity suffering in ways you cant imagine" is slightly less than moral.
User avatar #234 to #222 - jellybob (01/30/2012) [-]
philosophy, architecture, music, and even science have benefited from religion. get your head out of your ass
#237 to #234 - anon (01/30/2012) [-]
Yet religion relies solely on science,such a shame.
User avatar #238 to #237 - jellybob (01/30/2012) [-]
religion and science can co exist and actually have before. They are just different sides to the same coin. Both are trying to make the world a better place, you can't scientifically make a person live a better life or take up moral codes (with a few exceptions of course) just as you can't religiously cure disease or whatever else science does (I'm a musician so "sciencey" things are not my forte, and like last time, there may be some exceptions)
#269 to #238 - xashun (01/30/2012) [-]
now i dont usually try to argue religion and im not taking sides here, but i'd just like to make it clear to Jellybob that religion has caused more death than just about anything else (consider the crusades).

Also, it is true that science and religion were once one and the same, however as our understanding of the universe grew, what we called science branched out with the backing of logic, and religion survived with faith. Science and philosophy have not benefited from religion as the dark ages were a time of Christian induced scientific repression and Plato, one of the greatest philosophers in recorded history was executed because of (but not limited to) religious impiety- which he was accused of because he promoted critical thinking by challenging and/or examining their own ideas and beliefs.

idgaf if it's too long to read, moral of what im saying is know your **** before you say it.
#299 to #269 - anon (01/30/2012) [-]
Yeah totally!
*cough*britfat imperialism alone in india 15 million people*cough*, *cough*russian communism 61,000,000 people*cough*, *cough*industrialisation figures in the millions*cough*, *cough*amerifat capitalism since their colonisation, figures in the millions*cough*, *cough*ww1 8 million*cough*, *cough*ww2 55 million people*cough* *cough*just to name a few example of how many people the secular west has killed in the past 200 years*cough*

I'm sorry what did you say? Oh yeah the crusades. When did they happen? 1000 years ago? I don't know the exact figures, but I'm sure more then thousands of people died in that war. That's ******* horrible! Religion is the cause of everything evil in the world and we must fight it! Because without religion, no wars would exist and everyone would live happy forever!

But you know what? You're right when you say "know your **** before you say it."
#366 to #299 - xashun (01/30/2012) [-]
Yellow Scarves Rebellion - 7mil, French war of religion - 4mil, Crusades - 3mil* (excluding all the side conflict), Panthay Rebellion - 12mil, Holodomor - 10mil, African Holocaust - 1.2mil, Jewish Holocaust - 15mil (approx), Bangladesh Atrocities - 3mil, Khmer Rouge Repression - 3mil, Witch Hunt of the Dark Ages - 8mil, i could go on. you could also factor all the deaths caused by sicknesses we would have overcome if didn't have Christianity setting us back 700 years of scientific and medical advancement. so yea, i know my **** :)

that aside, i never once said that without religion the world would be without wars and whatnot, so TRY to hold back the condescension? and it pains me to see that you focused on a point i wasn't even trying to make =='' death tolls aside, try reading the actual body of my previous post, then make a structured (and hopefully less pretentious) response to that
User avatar #379 to #366 - jellybob (01/30/2012) [-]
war is the human condition, we will fight eachother over anything, World War 1 and 2 were not religious and they have been the most bloody conflicts to date. The crusades were based solely on religion yes, but it's not fair to blame religion for all conflicts of mankind, while yes it did play a part in alot of them, it wasn't the sole cause all the time
#401 to #379 - xashun (01/31/2012) [-]
but i never blamed religion for all of mankinds conflicts D:
#375 - datbadass (01/30/2012) [-]
scumbag sean
#180 - manofparody (01/30/2012) [-]
MFW looking at the comments.
MFW looking at the comments.
#16 - anon (01/29/2012) [-]
im leaving before the 			*********
im leaving before the *********
#13 - notthatstoned (01/29/2012) [-]
OUT FROM THE NIGHT, FROM THE MIST, STEPS THE FIGURE.
NO ONE REALLY KNOWS HIS NAME FOR SURE.
HE STANDS AT SIX-FOOT-SIX, HEAD AND SHOULDERS.
PRAY HE NEVER COMES KNOCKING AT YOUR DOOR!
SAY THAT YOU ONCE MADE OC,
OR NEW CONTENT,
BUT SOMEHOW NEVER MANAGED TO GET TO THE FRONTPAGE.
HE WON’T BOTHER TO WRITE OR TO PHONE YOU.
HE’LL JUST retoast THE CONTENT INFRONT OF YOUR FACE!
REEEEEEEEEEEPOOOOOOOSTMAAAAAAAAAAAAN

#29 to #13 - anon (01/30/2012) [-]
+1 pinkie for the Repo reference
User avatar #193 to #13 - currentlyfapping (01/30/2012) [-]
Cant say that I have seen a Repo reference on FJ, kudos for you
#323 - anon (01/30/2012) [-]
#356 - anon (01/30/2012) [-]
I don't know what you're all raging about, I found this funny.
-3
#235 to #212 - freespeech has deleted their comment [-]
#320 - fluffymcnutter (01/30/2012) [-]
Oh look another post symbolically portraying a caricature christian verbally assulting an athiest for no reason. It seems to work the other way around on this site.
User avatar #322 to #320 - peachrock (01/30/2012) [-]
That is so true.
#288 - sebbiechan (01/30/2012) [-]
Since it's impossible to prove a negative, the burden of proof falls on the person making the positive claim. SCIENCE!

Pic somewhat related
User avatar #298 to #288 - kdobjk (01/30/2012) [-]
Being an atheist is more than just saying I don't believe there's a god, its more similar to saying I am sure/I refuse there's any kind of god or higher power
#305 to #298 - anon (01/30/2012) [-]
False. That is a common misunderstanding, being atheist is the exact thing of saying: "I do not belive in God.". Atheist = A theist = No god = Not refusing just non existant.
User avatar #310 to #305 - kdobjk (01/30/2012) [-]
'Atheism is accurately defined as the denial of the assumptions of theism. The theist affirms that there is a God running the universe; he declares that the idea of such a God is necessary to an understanding of life; he offers various arguments or, as he rather presumptuously calls them, evidences for his God Idea.'
#233 - anon (01/30/2012) [-]
*Not intended for OP, but the commentors on this post*

This **** is getting ridiculous. You people are hypocrites.
"Atheist" attacks religion: 10 plus pinkies
Religious figure (Usually a Christian) defends their faith: -20 pinkies

True atheists don't feel the need to attack another religion, which is what I see a vast majority on this site. Want to make Front Page? Post something mocking religion. There's a difference between being Atheist and being anti-religious, which some of the people commenting are.

pinkie me down I don't give a **** .
#244 to #233 - drunkturtle (01/30/2012) [-]
Actually it's more like:

Atheist calmly introduces reason and scientific evidence to the discussion: 10 plus pinkies
Atheist attacks religion: -20 pinkies

Christian defends their faith: 10 plus pinkies
Christian tells everyone that they're going to hell for being human: -20 pinkies
User avatar #246 to #244 - thefran (01/30/2012) [-]
> Atheist attacks religion: front page

Fixed it for you! don't need to thank me.
User avatar #247 to #246 - drunkturtle (01/30/2012) [-]
Religious people are always playing the victim. You know how many times I've seen anti-atheist **** on the front page?

Attack ANY beliefs different from your own: Front page.
User avatar #248 to #247 - thefran (01/30/2012) [-]
> Religious people are always being the victim
FTFY Being and playing are spelled differently. Don't confuse the words!

> You know how many times I've seen anti-atheist **** on the front page?
There is so incredibly much more atheist propaganda that you can't even possibly conceivably compare. I literally see it every day.
User avatar #253 to #248 - drunkturtle (01/30/2012) [-]
Yes, for every one anti-atheist post, there's five anti-religious ones. That's because we outnumber you! You aren't a victim just because you're the minority.

User avatar #254 to #253 - thefran (01/30/2012) [-]
> That's because we outnumber you!
That's because you are bent on propaganda, lack decency and won't shut the **** up.
User avatar #260 to #254 - drunkturtle (01/30/2012) [-]
Bent on propaganda? Are you ******* kidding me?

There are three pro-Christian billboards in my area, all within a ONE MILE ******* RADIUS of my house. One of them actually says, I **** you not, "Anti God is Anit-American." Athiests.org tried to get a billboard set up somewhere around here, and the city wouldn't let them! Yet WE'RE the ones spreading propaganda and WE'RE the ones persecuting you? Give me a ******* break.
User avatar #268 to #260 - thefran (01/30/2012) [-]
> Bent on propaganda? Are you ******* kidding me?

Nah, I'm ******* adulting you. I see atheistic propaganda everywhere on the internet every single day. Especially on sites like funnyjunk.

> There are three pro-Christian billboards in my area, all within a ONE MILE ******* RADIUS of my house
Implying I give a **** about stuff that happens in America.

I'm from a country where atheists managed to achieve an awesome kill count when persecuting religious people.
User avatar #280 to #268 - drunkturtle (01/30/2012) [-]
What country would that be? Because you also live in a world where Christians have killed pagans, Jews, black people, Muslims, Native Americans, each other, innocent puritans they labeled as "witches," men, women, children, newborn babies. My point is that Christians have killed more people than any group that's ever existed. However many deaths the Christians have SUFFERED, it's a small fraction compared to how many deaths they've CAUSED.
#295 to #280 - anon (01/30/2012) [-]
**** yes for you! have a pinkie!
User avatar #296 to #280 - thefran (01/30/2012) [-]
> innocent puritans they labeled as "witches"
Yah right Puritans are not christians at all.
They were far from innocent, though. Read up something on the history of your obese kingdom of stupidity.

> pagans
Pagans never killed christians at all!

> Native Americans
That's a territorial war, you're kidding me right?

Etc.

You're amazingly stupid and ignorant.

User avatar #307 to #296 - drunkturtle (01/30/2012) [-]
> Yah right Puritans are not christians at all.
I did mention that they killed each other didn't I?

> They were far from innocent, though.
Several covenanted Christians who followed all the social norms set by the Puritans were unjustly executed based on the word of a bunch a children and bigoted priests. Explain how they were "far from innocent" please.
User avatar #326 to #307 - thefran (01/30/2012) [-]
> I did mention that they killed each other didn't I?
You did mention a ridiculous amount of irrelevant things.

How's this for a logical construction: Let us assume that, since we are not aware of most nazis' religion, they were all atheists, making actions entirely out of antireligious reasons!

Huh? Do you like it?
User avatar #391 to #326 - drunkturtle (01/30/2012) [-]
You're totally dancing around my arguments because you don't have a response.

> Let us assume that, since we are not aware of most nazis' religion, they were all atheists, making actions entirely out of antireligious reasons!

Christians have murdered people because they don't practice the same religion as them, "God told them to," etc. They were killing IN THE NAME OF GOD. Even if the Nazis were an atheist group (which they aren't) they weren't murdering people in the name of NOTHING, were they? They were killing for a reason completely nonreligious.
User avatar #363 to #326 - TheWayneAdams (01/30/2012) [-]
I may be wrong, but weren't the Nazis Christian?
User avatar #303 to #296 - drunkturtle (01/30/2012) [-]
Who the **** said pagans killed christians? I said Christians were killing them!
They came to North America and killed the Native Americans because they believed that it was God's will to wipe out an entire race and steal their land. It was also "God's will" to kill Mexicans. Google "manifest destiny."


0
#251 to #248 - drunkturtle has deleted their comment [-]
#145 - randomeme (01/30/2012) [-]
But you have to take into consideration the fact that religion isn't meant to be proven. In fact, that's the whole basis of religion, to believe in something without the need of proof. Hence faith.
#28 - bananawama (01/30/2012) [-]
Religous "proof"
#313 - megatrondecepticon (01/30/2012) [-]
Religion? OH 			****		, I'M OUTTA HERE!
Religion? OH **** , I'M OUTTA HERE!
[ 376 comments ]
Leave a comment
 Friends (0)