x
Click to expand
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
#420 - zorororonoa (04/21/2013) [-]
Everyone is complaining about a lockdown happening, but lets be honest FJ.  We sit at home all day on our computers anyway, a lockdown wouldn't be any different for us.
Everyone is complaining about a lockdown happening, but lets be honest FJ. We sit at home all day on our computers anyway, a lockdown wouldn't be any different for us.
0
#485 to #420 - sirdickhousen **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #422 to #420 - exarzero (04/21/2013) [-]
No internet.
+7
#424 to #422 - sircollinshaw **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #429 to #424 - kingoflulzfool (04/21/2013) [-]
an hero , i will be at your funeral
User avatar #428 to #424 - exarzero (04/21/2013) [-]
I'd try and leave. Maybe go camping, and start a new society with the alligators or beavers.
User avatar #435 to #428 - swimmingprodigy (04/21/2013) [-]
you misspelled "blackjack and hookers"
+4
#437 to #435 - sircollinshaw **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
#439 to #435 - exarzero (04/21/2013) [-]
I knew I forgot something on that list...

Back to the drawing board.
User avatar #425 to #422 - zorororonoa (04/21/2013) [-]
Oh **** . I thought it just meant we couldn't leave our homes. Well I would hate it too than.
User avatar #433 to #425 - exarzero (04/21/2013) [-]
Well they shut down phones, and some internet connections. I am not sure if it was all of it. I cannot imagine them being able to create a zone that large, but who knows? They did it to prevent remote I.E.Ds.
User avatar #441 to #425 - catsareforcancer (04/21/2013) [-]
There'd be a revolution come morning.
User avatar #527 - AreyouSerious (04/22/2013) [-]
This brings the question of can you look badass while holding two gallons of milk
User avatar #558 to #527 - ponyfcker (04/22/2013) [-]
IM pretty sure he did.
User avatar #294 - luiselvergas (04/21/2013) [-]
that ******* cop is the most tactical milk man i've seen
#148 - liquidz ONLINE (04/21/2013) [-]
#125 - thebuzza (04/21/2013) [-]
Comment Picture
#352 - herecomesjohnny (04/21/2013) [-]
Why is everyone's panties in a bunch over a lockdown? I may not be american, but if the government told us a criminal was at large and that we should stay in our homes to make everything faster and safer, wouldn't that be a beneficial public directive?
#359 to #352 - anon (04/21/2013) [-]
no.
User avatar #407 to #352 - vivapinatapro (04/21/2013) [-]
Because Americans are bandwagoners. And someone said that a lock-down was unconstitutional so everyone just went with it.
#415 to #352 - anon (04/21/2013) [-]
It wasn't even a "lockdown".
It was highly suggested they stay indoors, it's not like they were shooting people for being outside.
#376 to #352 - slipperyjoe (04/21/2013) [-]
Some Americans think their Government is some tyrannical regime for some reason.

You know, with their uncapped broadband and cheap food.

So oppressed.
#360 to #352 - harryblazer (04/21/2013) [-]
because I bunch of keyboard warriors with the mindset of glenn beck and access to a 6th grade education thought the police rolling down the street in armored cars abd telling everyone to stay inside is a way for the goverment to controll us
#362 to #360 - anon (04/21/2013) [-]
>Implying glenn beck isn't an authoritarian statist
User avatar #287 - elcreepo (04/21/2013) [-]
>live in boston
>police lock down streets
>couldbeworse.russia
>Police ask to search my house, just a preliminary sweep
>takes them less than half an hour
>one cop high fives younger brother who wants to be a cop someday
>Lifted after a few days, guy is caught and we're safe
>hear people call it fascism and a police state
>Laugh, I ain't even oppressed.
#331 to #287 - anon (04/21/2013) [-]
>live in berlin
>police lock down streets
>couldbeworse.sovietunion
>Gestapo ask to search my house, just a preliminary sweep
>takes them less than half an hour
>one agent high fives younger brother who wants to be in the SS someday
>hear people call it fascism and a police state
>Laugh, I ain't even oppressed.
User avatar #336 to #331 - elcreepo (04/21/2013) [-]
There's a difference in that they were looking for a specific guy who had guns, weaponry, had killed and injured dozens, and shot a cop.
#341 to #336 - anon (04/21/2013) [-]
My point is that just because you were fine with this and didn't consider it oppressive doesn't mean anything. Most Germans, at least until the war started going badly and things really turned to **** , didn't consider the Nazi state oppressive.
User avatar #365 to #341 - maskedhippo (04/21/2013) [-]
are you seriously comparing this to nazism?
User avatar #347 to #341 - elcreepo (04/21/2013) [-]
This was nothing like the Nazis! There was a killer on the loose!

If this had been something that just happened out of the blue with no reasoning, I'd likely agree with you. Or if they were still patrolling the streets now, I'd agree with you.

But they aren't.
#351 to #347 - anon (04/21/2013) [-]
I'm not saying it's anything like the Nazis. It's obviously nowhere near as bad. Let me clarify, my point is that just because some people don't consider it an authoritarian, oppressive measure doesn't mean it isn't. It obviously is. You consider it a necessary measure or not, and that's open to debate. But a police lockdown, whether justified or not, is authoritarian by nature.
#416 to #351 - anon (04/21/2013) [-]
it's only oppression if you feel oppressed.
User avatar #309 to #287 - byposted (04/21/2013) [-]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYHf7n5h-bw
You need to login to view this link

The media is not reporting on anything but these two videos convey the contrary.
User avatar #314 to #309 - elcreepo (04/21/2013) [-]
Again. Do you believe everything you see on the internet?

Where you in Boston? Where you put under the temporary lockdown? No? Okay then.
#318 to #314 - anon (04/21/2013) [-]
The first video is an eyewitness account and we can actually see that he lives in Boston, unlike you.

The second video shows the cops barging into a house and taking its occupants out at gunpoint.

User avatar #328 to #318 - elcreepo (04/21/2013) [-]
"Eye witness account" with no proof. The guy is just another tard spewing out his opinion.

The second is a family that failed to comply with police orders. During a time of severe threat such force can be utilized, and families were warned that the police MUST enter and search every home in the area.
0
#312 to #309 - elcreepo has deleted their comment [-]
#326 to #287 - swagbot (04/21/2013) [-]
There are good cops and bad cops - Many are just decent people just doing their jobs, and we can all laugh at what's basically a "Grown-Ups Field Trip" for Boston right now - but don't forget that there are plenty of bad cops ******* **** up, shooting/beating people, and if the **** ever Hits The Fan, "They Are Nice Guys Just Doing Their Job" won't be a great excuse for what they do to the populace.

Have you already forgotten about the Chris Dorner rampage?
User avatar #335 to #326 - elcreepo (04/21/2013) [-]
I know there are bad cops, but from my experience we were treated nicely.

Plus the argument that it was a police state is entirely ridiculous. Police states tend to be far more brutal, corrupt and permanent than this.

I'm not going to lie, I was terrified the whole time, and I definitely was relieved when the cops were around and making sure the guy wasn't hiding in my home.
#367 to #335 - swagbot (04/21/2013) [-]
What the **** ?

[big]WHY NOT JUST CHECK YOUR OWN HOME TO MAKE SURE THE GUY WASN'T IN THERE??[big]

Dude.... COME ON
User avatar #400 to #367 - elcreepo (04/21/2013) [-]
>armed with bombs and a machine gun
>I have a baseball bat

Yeah I'll let the trained professionals handle it.
#470 to #400 - swagbot (04/21/2013) [-]
Okay.. stop... stop.

Let's go over this, step by step....

Okay:
> The Chechan is supposedly running 'round your neighborhood, right?
> So, he breaks into your house to hide, and he's armed with 'Bombs and a Machine Gun', he's gonna kill you, THEN hide in your house.
> SO IF YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD, WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU "leaving up to the professionals"?!? YOU'RE ALREADY DEAD!!

My friend, you are THE PORTRAIT of the modern-day sissy-man.

Grow some balls.
> Get a gun. Learn how to use it. Defend your home. Remember: "When seconds count, the Police are only minutes away."
> Don't let 'Officers Smiley' into your house so easily. Do you realize you willingly allowed your Constitutional Right to privacy to be bent over a barrel and sodomized right in front of you? Oh wait - you don't even care.

And consider this - The authorities shut down AN ENTIRE CITY because of one (two) little criminals - Since when have we ever done that before!?!

Wake up, dude. This was a test to see how far the American Public would let the Police go in violating their rights during a 'crisis', and sissies like you showed them they can do whatever the **** they want!

I didn't have to write this mini-essay: I'm letting you know this for your own good. Take it for what it's worth.
-5
#247 to #224 - elitechristovsky **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #517 - aarkthedragon (04/22/2013) [-]
What irks me is that 99% of all the little terds here and around the site that bitch and moan about politics, police, government in general know NOTHING about any of it, and are just saying what they hear other people say to sound "cool".

Stop being such biased little ***** and get your own damn opinions.
User avatar #555 to #517 - smokedmeatlog (04/22/2013) [-]
You. I like you.
#511 - nymikemet (04/22/2013) [-]
All the Anti-America people are like "OH MY GOD THEY PROBABLY POISONED THE MILK"!
All the Anti-America people are like "OH MY GOD THEY PROBABLY POISONED THE MILK"!
#551 to #511 - anon (04/22/2013) [-]
it's already poisoned with GMOs so they probably didn't do it again.
#505 - smilingpyro (04/22/2013) [-]
in 2008 my area flooded and we were the only family not to evacuate, the army brought us pizza, gatorade, redbull, gas, and hot rods. **** was so cash
(pic unrelated)
#550 to #505 - landerp (04/22/2013) [-]
here, this should help
0
#560 to #505 - cghfg **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
+10
#426 - sircollinshaw **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
+10
#139 - sundanceholiday **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
#569 - TheInvader ONLINE (04/22/2013) [-]
User avatar #582 to #569 - csmithyo (04/22/2013) [-]
in Canada we drink bagged milk
User avatar #586 to #582 - redclover (04/22/2013) [-]
inb4 "BAGGED MILK!?!?!?"

we've been over this FJ. Canadians are weird.
#588 to #586 - csmithyo (04/22/2013) [-]
not weird,  just different :(
not weird, just different :(
User avatar #590 to #588 - redclover (04/22/2013) [-]
Just look at your squirt guns!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhV3B-fMOBY
User avatar #613 to #590 - disregardtheponies (04/22/2013) [-]
******* Ed made that show.
User avatar #592 to #590 - csmithyo (04/22/2013) [-]
i have no response to that
User avatar #368 - maskedhippo (04/21/2013) [-]
This is just ridiculous. Speaking as someone who lives in eastern MA, the lockdown was to keep everyone safe. You guys talking about how they're oppressing people, and the man is trying to held us down, there was a very real possibility of getting killed by a deranged terrorist if you ventured outside. Furthermore, even if this was some kind of fascist scheme, to what end? Keep people in one region of one state inside their homes for a whole day? That's a pretty weak plan. But that's irrelevant, because they were doing it FOR THE PUBLIC GOOD.
User avatar #370 to #368 - eyesodadeep (04/21/2013) [-]
actually, it was to keep people off the streets so the only person on the streets would be the suspect.
User avatar #371 to #370 - maskedhippo (04/21/2013) [-]
yeah, that too. Having everyone inside made the search easier.
User avatar #372 to #371 - eyesodadeep (04/21/2013) [-]
youre a good person
User avatar #387 to #368 - exclamation (04/21/2013) [-]
Yer right. They weren't declaring Marshall law or the like; they were protecting the citizens in an appropriate manner.
#83 - zomaru (04/21/2013) [-]
I don't understand all the hate. We still have no idea where the motive for the bombings came from, and because suspect is in critical condition we may never know. This lockdown was as much to catch the suspect as it was to show how seriously we take these sorts of incidents, and when people **** with America, we come back in full force. I just really hope these guys weren't contracted from a terrorist organization in a 3rd world country with oil reserves.
#89 to #83 - byposted (04/21/2013) [-]
They were Chechens; Muslims from Russia who like to kill and rape schoolchildren. It has become known that their motive was a general disliking of America, whatever the preliminary cause.

As always, they won. I think, if not their goal, it was a victory for them, that Boston disregarded civil liberties and declared lockdown. It is similar to how the terrorists won on 9/11 with the Patriot Act.
User avatar #97 to #89 - Riukanojutsu ONLINE (04/21/2013) [-]
' Muslims from Russia who like to kill and rape schoolchildren"

all dat foxnews.
#102 to #97 - urbemarmis (04/21/2013) [-]
nahh dude...these dudes are ****** up. i saw a video where they were beheading captives. theyve been attacking russia because they want to become a free nation. and besides fox is one of the better news outlets you can find.
#109 to #102 - Riukanojutsu ONLINE (04/21/2013) [-]
"besides fox is one of the better news outlets you can find."
#115 to #109 - urbemarmis (04/21/2013) [-]
whens the last time fox decided to toy with the life of a clearly innocent man by doctoring up fake phone calls to make it seem he killed someone because of his race? george zimmerman is innocent and the facts prove it. ABC also called him "white hispanic" to try and say that the "white" part of him hates blacks. whens the last time youve heard anyone say someones "white hispanic" i know i call all of my lighter toned hispanic friends hispanic. none of this "white hispanic" bull **** . they slice **** to match their libtard agenda or they just make **** up altogether
#117 to #115 - Riukanojutsu ONLINE (04/21/2013) [-]
Comment Picture
User avatar #95 to #89 - brockyboi (04/21/2013) [-]
Although it is true some rights were suspended for a few days, honestly it was 100% justified. In emergency situations, the rules do have to be changed. I do agree though that the Patriot Act is absolutely horrible, but this lockdown did get us the culprits in the end. Many other countries will suspend their rights for heightened security in some situations, so I think that the country reacted very well.
That's just my opinion though, and I do clearly see where you're coming from.
#120 to #89 - anon (04/21/2013) [-]
I was about to call you stupid, but then I say you are byposted and realized I didn't have to.
User avatar #94 to #89 - xzynth (04/21/2013) [-]
I kind of agrees, they changes USA with their attacks, they achieve something. Yet, these are difficult an swers few here cana ctually answer.
User avatar #57 - colegaleener (04/21/2013) [-]
she wanted the D

vitamin D
#2 - anon (04/21/2013) [-]
>Mad man detonates a bomb injuring 100+ people.
>Police want to lock down the streets to stop him so he doesn't get away with it.
>Crybaby liberal calls it fascism because they want to stop future harm.
#531 to #2 - anon (04/22/2013) [-]
There is not a single ******* liberal calling it fascism. Every liberal I know, myself included, thought it made perfect sense. It's the libertarians and conservatives (the Alex Jones' of the world) who want to bring all kinds of conspiracy crap into it.
#533 to #2 - anon (04/22/2013) [-]
It was all the gun nut conservatives and libertarians flipping a bitch over this.
#354 to #2 - walkingdisaster (04/21/2013) [-]
The liberals were the ones freaking out?
The liberals were the ones freaking out?
User avatar #282 to #2 - elcreepo (04/21/2013) [-]
>live in boston
>police lock down streets
>couldbeworse.russia
>Police ask to search my house, just a preliminary sweep
>takes them less than half an hour
>one cop high fives younger brother who wants to be a cop someday
>Lifted after a few days
>hear people call it fascism and a police state
>Laugh, I ain't even oppressed.
User avatar #6 to #2 - HarvietheDinkle (04/21/2013) [-]
Actually, it was people on both sides calling it that.

I disagree with them.
User avatar #12 to #6 - pockyrin (04/21/2013) [-]
How can anyone be mad at police telling them to either stay indoors or not come home while a madman with a gun was running around.
User avatar #16 to #12 - snickerstheif (04/21/2013) [-]
The police were doing house-to-house raids that's why...
User avatar #145 to #16 - hauntzor (04/21/2013) [-]
Godforbid they search all possible places that a dangerous man could be hiding...
User avatar #264 to #145 - andytang (04/21/2013) [-]
the problem comes when they can use this as a precedence for other "raids"

honestly it may have been necessary it may not have been there is a reason that there are massive debates over this
there is no correct answer and both sides have positives and negatives that require some real thought

we haven't come to a solution with these kinds of things not because of ignorance but because there is no "right" decision
User avatar #323 to #145 - snickerstheif (04/21/2013) [-]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LrbsUVSVl8

Yeah Police states are awesome...
 Friends (0)