Home Original Content Funny Pictures Funny GIFs YouTube Funny Text Funny Movies Channels Search

hide menu

Show All Replies Show Shortcuts
Show:   Top Rated Controversial Best Lowest Rated Newest Per page:
Order:
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
#151 - illhurtyou (08/01/2012) [-]
> Saw title   
> Thought you meant this   
> Was gonna be like: 						****					 yo 						****					.    
> Cuz this bitch rocks.
> Saw title
> Thought you meant this
> Was gonna be like: **** yo **** .
> Cuz this bitch rocks.
#153 to #151 - anon (08/01/2012) [-]
And so does religion.
#150 - faperturescience (08/01/2012) [-]
Arguments about religion down below, just a warning
#144 - skullnigga (08/01/2012) [-]
So because I'm christian automatically deprives me of any intelligence whatsoever?
User avatar #254 to #144 - cullenatorguy (08/01/2012) [-]
When you sit down and think about everything, your faith isn't grounded on anything in reality. It's faith. You have no reason to believe what you believe at all, other than being raised christian or just how you interpret some life experiences. I hope you at least recognize this.
User avatar #161 to #144 - slumberdonkey (08/01/2012) [-]
I'm not saying you're stupid, i'm saying that it's stupid that you have faith. Blind belief in something without ANY evidence is absolutely stupid.
#182 to #161 - madmaxx (08/01/2012) [-]
So you independantly verify all information that you read in your science textbook? Or do you just believe what is written there without question?
User avatar #341 to #182 - slumberdonkey (08/02/2012) [-]
Haha oh god! The stuff in MY science text book is literally ALL verifiable by me. I'm a physics major and everything done in my books can be done by experiment or at least with the numbers known by ever physicist and a piece of paper and pencil.
#360 to #341 - madmaxx (08/05/2012) [-]
So you dont.
User avatar #159 to #144 - noblexfenrir (08/01/2012) [-]
Intelligence regarding your belief. Not all of it though, just that one area.
-3
#148 to #144 - welshdrag has deleted their comment [-]
#154 to #148 - anon (08/01/2012) [-]
Yes.
#146 to #144 - anon (08/01/2012) [-]
As long as you believe that there is a floating man who watches over you, protects you, forgives you, and loves you but will send you to hell if you get him upset then yes.
#157 to #146 - anon (08/01/2012) [-]
God is omnipotent, get it right. Faggot.
User avatar #147 to #146 - skullnigga (08/01/2012) [-]
Implying Christianity ever states that there is a "floating man who watches over me, protects me, forgives me, and loves me, but will send me to hell if you get him upset." It never says that in the Bible.
User avatar #255 to #147 - cullenatorguy (08/01/2012) [-]
It may not say floating man, but it basically says that. The anon who originally said that just said things as literally as possible and as quickly as possible.
#160 to #147 - anon (08/01/2012) [-]
Christianity does not have any deity whatsoever. (accurately paraphrased)

- **********
#163 to #160 - anon (08/01/2012) [-]
Just an unintelligent statement.....
#141 - anon (08/01/2012) [-]
"NO NO NO YOU'RE THE NARROW MINDED ONE AND I'M NOT LISTENING TO ANYTHING MORE YOU SAY"

-OP after chugging four dicks
#131 - anon (08/01/2012) [-]
How about everybody just stop getting butthurt and enjoy a little joke. Im strongly Catholic yet I found it funny.
#125 - warlockrichard ONLINE (08/01/2012) [-]
#124 - OoJesusoO (08/01/2012) [-]
seriously OP? not all people with a religion are narrow-minded and most actually accept other opinions of other people with different opinions. don't let a few religion pushing zelics make your overall assumption of the minds of people with religion its like saying just because of 9/11, all terrorists are middle eastern don't let a selected few make up the whole community in general live and let live and be on your merry ******* way
User avatar #132 to #124 - noblexfenrir (08/01/2012) [-]
Absolutely nothing you said related to the points OP's post had.

No that one section does not define the whole religious community BUT it does represent the religion completely. A church that donates all of their time to helping poor children is on the same level of justification for their actions as Westboro baptist church, they just interpret the bible in their own ways. That's the problem, not what some people do, but that they can use their religion to justify anything.

Either way though, OP's post was related how most religious people are just accepting ignorance by following faith, believe it because it's all they've known, or just afraid of new concepts.

#139 to #132 - OoJesusoO (08/01/2012) [-]
1.you are not smart enough to change it.
he's bascially saying the people with religion do not have the common sense to change their believes which of course is false since there are in fact many people who do this.
2.your afraid to download anything new meaning to accept new ideas.
not all people with religion are narrow minded people who have a one track mind and won't accept others beliefs and opinions
3. It was there when you started.
again same as 1 you can change your religion.

GTFO
User avatar #143 to #139 - noblexfenrir (08/01/2012) [-]
1 and 3.)

No he's saying people who are religious commonly aren't able to move away from the ignorance which is religion. Most can't move away from the idea of taking something on the merit of 'faith'. Which means accepting evidence towards determining existence is out of their range of though.

2.)
He's talking about not trying to mesh and mold your religion to obviously contradicting ideas.

Like this:

>Evolution comes out as a hypothesis.
>Church denies it because it contradicts genesis account. No problem because it's still a hypothesis.
>More evidence comes forward and evolution is declared a theory.
>Church does one of two things
>>1.) Completely denies it, saying their religion is true and science is wrong.
>>2.) Says their holy book story of the beginning of life is actually a metaphor and that it shouldn't be taken literally even though it was up until it was proven wrong.

Religion and science do not go hand in hand and trying to mold one to fit the other is narrow minded.
#173 to #143 - anon (08/01/2012) [-]
Just an fyi, the church has never taken genesis as literal. If you look up Origen (225 AD) or Justin Martyr (155 AD), you'll see that there was never an intention of taking the creation story as literal.
#172 to #143 - IsaacH (08/01/2012) [-]
1 and 3 on why you're a complete moron.
1. Saying that people are too ignorant to move away from religion is absolutely ******* stupid, it's not about being ignorant it's about what they believe in. Three says that you're just taking what you started with which is absolutely ridiculous, I have met many people that have gone from Atheism to Christianity and Christianity to Atheism and all other sorts of religions, so if you think that one is true you're just as ignorant as you say other people are.

2. What you said isn't even relevant. How did you get that from, "You're afraid to download anything new." That just says you're afraid to change your religion, I don't know where you got this hold idea of trying to make Religion and Science work together. But that statement OP made was also retarded because as stated above, many people change their religion, some are scared to but that's probably because they strongly believe in their own religion.
User avatar #179 to #172 - noblexfenrir (08/01/2012) [-]
Cute.

1.) Yes it is being ignorant, they are using faith as a determination for existence which is accepting ignorance. Also atheist isn't a religion, it's a lack thereof, and yes people can hop back and forth from atheism to theism this doesn't change how each side equivocates evidence with belief.

2.) Um I got that from not accepting new information and applying it. I did however extend on that idea but the premise is the same. Not hard to figure that out.
User avatar #195 to #179 - IsaacH (08/01/2012) [-]
1. It's not ignorant, can you please prove to me that it's wrong? No? O that's right because NO ONE ACTUALLY ******* KNOWS! So honestly, faggots like you should learn to keep to themselves, there are more ******* like you then there are bible smacking Christians in today's world. Religion is supposed to be what happened and for the most part science is theory. So based on your logic you're just going to go ahead and guess that the world was made how it was! Now that sounds pretty ignorant to me.

2. Again not even relevant, you're just a retard trying to fluff up your argument. The original comment was saying that they are afraid to accept something new, you are taking it a step further and saying that they are afraid to look at new information, which is not what is said in OP's picture, most know the, "new information" but don't accept it. Now you just like to assume things about people as a whole which is as stupid as OP's post.
User avatar #202 to #195 - noblexfenrir (08/01/2012) [-]
Wow the "Nobody knows" argument, people still use that?

1.) Believing something with no evidence is ignorant.
and as for the proving you wrong thing: (it's really sad that I have to resort to copy and ******* pasting this same damn thing because I would not write it up for the twentieth time)

"Okay fine I go through with explaining this **** alot so one more time can't hurt.

First of all, humans are not omniscient creatures, we base our determination of existence on evidence and knowledge. It is subjective, but we have no other possibility of claiming knowledge is everything is based on an objective universe in relation to ourselves.

So, why exactly is asking "Prove god doesn't exist" a REALLY ******* retarded question? Because you cannot prove a negative, all evidence for proving a negative is in direct correlation with the LACK of evidence for the affirmative. Humans use this process for EVERYTHING (unicorns, aliens, big foot, loch ness monster, slenderman, etc etc etc) EXCEPT GOD. Why? Because they WANT it to be true. This doesn't make it true though now does it?

Also it's funny because god can only be real through absolute evidence because he is not possible through probability since he is given the wonderful attribute of creating the universe. Meaning no evidence=No god."


"For the most part science is theory"
Actually yes, because science doesn't claim absolute knowledge, only peer reviewed, experimented, and confirmed assumptions that are the best answer given the evidence. So no we don't guess how the world was made, we are taking the answer with the best evidence, if something comes along that is a better answer we will adjust our view. THIS IS PROGRESS.

2.) Not really assuming things, considering there is no evidence for a god yet all of these things (evolution, abiogenesis, etc etc) contradict religious accounts, yet people still believe in religion, ignorance and blind faith are not positive things.
User avatar #322 to #202 - IsaacH (08/01/2012) [-]
You're ******* stupid, you are beyond ******* stupid, "Believing something with no evidence is ignorant." Most of science is a theory, a guess, no evidence behind it, so you seem to be the ignorant one.

You're a ******* idiot and you're only saying, "Because you cannot prove a negative." Because you have in no way to prove that God doesn't exist, you're simply using that as an excuse to justify your own ignorance.

Well lets see what happens with that stupid ******* logic, Big Bang Theory has no evidence behind it=No universe. Hur dur you're so ******* smart. You're contradicting yourself and you're REALLY not aware that science is mostly THEORY but you're too ******* stupid to know that, you simply cannot grasp the idea of a higher power and reject it instantly without a second though.

2. I'm going to refer you to my previous comment for this part. You're too stupid to comprehend try a second time.
User avatar #338 to #322 - noblexfenrir (08/02/2012) [-]
Wow...you really have no clue what you are talking about are you. Please tell me you're a troll, otherwise...seriously go back to school kid.

Do you know what a theory is in science? It is something that has enough evidence and is proven through experimentation and peer review. A theory is the highest point for a hypothesis in science. So it does have evidence you ******* imbecile.

.............YOU CAN'T PROVE A NEGATIVE, holy **** are you seriously this idiotic? How much glue did you ingest in kindergarten? I explained the reasoning behind why god doesn't exist.
(Basically it's like this: Give me all the reasons you don't believe in the loch ness monester, and I mean it, give me all the evidence to disprove the loch ness monster to you. I will not respond further until you give this 'evidence')\

..................................................................
..............................................
...
...
...
...
...
THE BIG BANG THEORY HAS ******* EVIDENCE! WE OBSERVE HOW THE BUILDING BLOCKS OF THE UNIVERSE WORK AND REACT AND HOW THE BASIC LAWS OF PHYSICS WORK WITH MATTER AND PARTICLES TO SEE IF WE CAN SEE THE PROCESS BEHIND WHICH THE BIG BANG COULD OCCUR.
We wouldn't call something a theory if it didn't have evidence, to be a theory in science you absolutely NEED evidence.

Please research your definition of a theory in the field of science and please don't respond if you cannot provide your evidence against the loch ness monster.
User avatar #363 to #338 - IsaacH (08/07/2012) [-]
Lol you're a moron who can't even make a relevant statement when you're proven wrong so how about you get back to school, "kid."

WOW you're a moron, a theory does not have evidence or very little not enough to prove anything, it's a guess you ******* idiot.

Shut up, please shut the **** up, that is the dumbest ******* thing I've ever heard, you can prove a negative. That statement was so astronomically stupid I actually lost brain cells reading it.

.................................You're so ****** stupid it's ridiculous and I don't even know if I'm being trolled at this point or not, the big bang theory doesn't have evidence IT'S A ******* EDUCATED GUESS YOU MORON!

Damn you have to be the dumbest ****** on Funnyjunk and I've seen some stupid mother ******* on this site before. I've met a kid with down's that smarter then you are.
User avatar #364 to #363 - noblexfenrir (08/07/2012) [-]
Because I haven't been proven wrong yet.

OH MY ******* GOD, IF YOU'RE A TROLL 10/10 BECAUSE YOU HAVE ME THINKING YOU ARE A ******* IDIOT

"The formal scientific definition of theory is quite different from the everyday meaning of the word. It refers to a comprehensive explanation of some aspect of nature that is supported by a vast body of evidence. Many scientific theories are so well established that no new evidence is likely to alter them substantially. For example, no new evidence will demonstrate that the Earth does not orbit around the sun (heliocentric theory), or that living things are not made of cells (cell theory), that matter is not composed of atoms, or that the surface of the Earth is not divided into solid plates that have moved over geological timescales (the theory of plate tectonics)...One of the most useful properties of scientific theories is that they can be used to make predictions about natural events or phenomena that have not yet been observed."
^
This is what a ******* theory is in science you goddamn imbecile. A theory is the highest point in science, that means that it had surpassed numerous tests meant to prove it wrong, it has gone against peer review, by scientists calling it a theory, it is the best explanation for whatever you are using it for. (The definition of theory you are using would be "hypothesis" in science)

Really? You can prove a negative?
Okay give me the evidence that santa claus doesn't exist (and don't be cute and say "well a real life santa did blah blah..." tell me why the jolly man who rides around the world in a single night and gives presents to kids and is immortal isn't real and why you don't believe in him. What "evidence' do you use to disprove him?)

and are you stupid? the big bang is supported by just the basic workings of particles....wait a minute, do you think the big bang says how the universe was formed or how it was created? Because the big bang only explains how it was formed.

User avatar #365 to #364 - IsaacH (08/08/2012) [-]
Okay when you get some kind of education please try and make a logical statement and I'll humor you, Santa Clause isn't real, it is impossible to go to every kids house in the world and give them presents in just a single night there is no where near enough time. Immortality is impossible. There is your evidence, simple logic, but you're clearly too ******* stupid to figure that out on your own now aren't you?

Again you're a complete idiot, no proof behind it whatsoever. You know this is the easiest time I've ever had proving someone wrong on the internet before. You sir are a bitch.
User avatar #366 to #365 - noblexfenrir (08/08/2012) [-]
But santa claus is a being with immortality, it's not impossible because santa has it. And it's not impossible to deliver to every kid in the world, santa can do it.

Even so, all of your evidence was a refuting statement to an already pre-existing claim for the existence of santa.

Claim: Santa is immortal.
You said immortality is impossible, why? Because we've never witnessed it and so far see no possibility of it. So your evidence is directly correlated to the lack of evidence for immortality.

Both of your claims were things that had no supporting evidence.


Claim: God created everything.
We have direct proof of evolution proving the biblical account of genesis is just horribly false. As well as every other creation myth out there, and pretty much god is support to be able to do everything possible and impossible. Well we have never viewed any of these happening and it is supposed to be impossible to do anything impossible. Meaning by your logic, god doesn't exist.

I'm glad this was so easy for you because you made my job of making you look like an idiot so much simpler.
User avatar #367 to #366 - IsaacH (08/09/2012) [-]
You're an idiot and you're not using any type of common logic. So when you get a brain let me know when you want to make an actual argument.

Well immortality is impossible, again common logic. Now you are just being ignorant to try and prove your point but it's failing.

Lol my God you are stupid I feel bad for you. Let me ask, what ACTUAL proof do you have? None, it's all a ******* THEORY WITH NO EVIDENCE. I understand this is a hard concept for you to understand. Also it's called the bible, every try reading it? It's an amazing thing that can actually teach you a lot!

I'm glad you think you have made any sense so far and thank you for making my job of making you like an idiot so much simpler!
User avatar #368 to #367 - noblexfenrir (08/09/2012) [-]
No, "Immortality isn't possible" is not common logic. Why is it impossible? What physical evidence do you have that makes it impossible, or are you just implying that because we have never seen immortality and that we have never experienced it, mean it doesn't exist and is not possible. But that would mean you are applying observation and knowledge to your reasoning, which when applied to god give the same results.

Proof of what?...

Yeah the bible can teach me that to get in god good graces I have to commit genocide, kill many people, kill children, enslave women, oh and that incest is perfectly fine.


The bible is an over-loved fairytale, nothing more. Sorry.

User avatar #369 to #368 - IsaacH (08/10/2012) [-]
Yes it is common logic, you're an idiot and now you're just pretending to be blissfully ignorant because you can no longer make a logical argument.

Yeah exactly rofl.

Wow you're an idiot. I've heard a lot of things about the bible, but not that, you've obviously never actually read the bible.

Hahahahahaha my work here is done.
#135 to #132 - pedobearson (08/01/2012) [-]
I dislike both of you.
#140 to #135 - OoJesusoO (08/01/2012) [-]
i love you :3
User avatar #137 to #135 - noblexfenrir (08/01/2012) [-]
Good to hear.

Prove me wrong.
#122 - espegaaaa (08/01/2012) [-]
NEXT UP. WHY LIKING DIET SODA MAKES YOU A HOMOPHOBE.
#120 - anon (08/01/2012) [-]
actually the reason i used IE for as long as i did was because i was really used to the tool bars and how it worked, but then fj kept crashing and all the games were slow so thats why i converted to chrome
User avatar #138 to #120 - Nameloc (08/01/2012) [-]
Someone actually used the ******* toolbars?
#118 - sirgawain (08/01/2012) [-]
Not only is this content incredibly stupid, but it's an ancient repost.
**** you too, OP.
#116 - kouzan (08/01/2012) [-]
I believe I've found a use for this out-dated picture.
#168 to #116 - agentosama (08/01/2012) [-]
Atheists start things like you are trying to. Nobody cares. Shut up.
User avatar #114 - toosexyforyou (08/01/2012) [-]
This post says nothing about Christians shoving their religion down people's throats and it doesn't even pick Christians out specifically. You Christians must actually realize deep down that you're stupid and that people hate you for it. Truth is that there's no hate to this post, a simple "I'm religious, I'm completing a degree in blablah at this college, I'm not afraid of other religions or even atheism because I have learned of them, I was born in this religion but now I'm this one OR my parents were this religion and I'm this one." Oh but wait the reason there isn't a single comment saying any of that is because you're all not smart like the post says. Logic'd.
#171 to #114 - agentosama (08/01/2012) [-]
>Unintelligent for being Christian
>More people on Earth are Christian than any other affiliation
>Human race mainly unintelligent minority is right because they just are
>Nobody cares if minority hates Christians, they are the majority
>Stop starting ****
#155 to #114 - jordantheguy (08/01/2012) [-]
why do self righteous/centered christians always seem to find funnyjunk?
User avatar #134 to #114 - noblexfenrir (08/01/2012) [-]
Well it's not inherently the person who is stupid, they are just choosing to be delusional in one aspect.
The religious is the thing that is stupid and makes no sense.
User avatar #336 to #134 - toosexyforyou (08/02/2012) [-]
that's a good point but I still think that someone has to be stupid to believe in any religion
#113 - vindicted (08/01/2012) [-]
Im not gonna lie internet explorer got me through some tough times when i was younger; and by tough times i mean nasty ass porn and by younger i mean 5 seconds ago i dont even have to clear the history i mean come on who would open it up to check it
#107 - sahakid (08/01/2012) [-]
Being agnostic is like using Opera


...


I don't know how, I just wanted to mix up the religious debate a little
User avatar #136 to #107 - noblexfenrir (08/01/2012) [-]
Being agnostic is like using paint to surf wikipedia.

...


You don't know what you're doing and using something completely wrong for the job.
#105 - badthing ONLINE (08/01/2012) [-]
#104 - alucardshellhound (08/01/2012) [-]
**alucardshellhound rolled a random image posted in comment #29 at Punchline **
User avatar #103 - spazzin (08/01/2012) [-]
Religion is like OP's dick
He doesn't have 1.
#97 - spazzin (08/01/2012) [-]
Couldn't find any funny, so here's a random gif.
Couldn't find any funny, so here's a random gif.
#92 - nikoandbrucie (08/01/2012) [-]
If you hate IE and compare IE to Religion and say you don't know why you hate it, well this is a reason I think ALL religions cause nothing but trouble and mayhem. It's easiest to stay neutral but in all honesty, I have to stay Christian, well for the reason it was there first.. I guess, but I keep an open mind and try hard to find a scientific reason for everything. I believe in the theory of evolution, The "Big Bang" theory.
#88 - thatnerdyguy (08/01/2012) [-]
******* chrischans always shove there religon down my throwt, im gonna post about how there all so stupid to show that im not like them
User avatar #264 to #88 - cullenatorguy (08/01/2012) [-]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7QgRJgDNPE
this is why most atheists are anti-theists
-4
#110 to #88 - toosexyforyou has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #112 to #110 - thatnerdyguy (08/01/2012) [-]
1. That's even worse.

2. Plenty of people choose religion.
 Friends (0)