x
Click to expand
Latest users (2): benderisgreat, redandgreen, anonymous(14).
#81609 - anonymous (34 minutes ago) [-]
What have the Romans ever done for us?
#81610 to #81609 - benderisgreat ONLINE (14 minutes ago) [-]
I'm gonna say circle track racing.
User avatar #81607 - benderisgreat ONLINE (36 minutes ago) [-]
Can you guys help me figure out which political party I belong in? I've tried all the online quizzes and they all tell me something a little different. If I'm an republican, democrat, left wing, right wing or liberal, I have no idea.
User avatar #81582 - kanadetenshi (8 hours ago) [-]
Goddammit there goes my little bit of hope for the US.

reason.com/blog/2015/03/26/rand-paul-goes-hawkish-propose-massive-d
User avatar #81595 to #81582 - akkere ONLINE (6 hours ago) [-]
I recall him doing something similar with his FAIR act, a piece of legislation that was supposed to fight off the ability federal government has to take property away from those who have only been suspected of committing a crime. Yet he's done little in his end to ward off the issue the Keystone Pipeline XL regarding the federal government's use of eminent domain to confiscate property for the project (the latest rendition of the bill for voting had a section regarding the defense of private property, but it only held a single line that simply stated no methods could be used that were against the constitution, which would effectively do little to nothing).

Just goes to show you shouldn't throw your chips to a politician because his policies are attractive; bills and legislation speak the truth in the end.
User avatar #81600 to #81595 - Shiny (5 hours ago) [-]
Well, it's not like anyone's gonna grease his palm for defending public siezure of assets. There's literally no point in being a politician in the US if you aren't corrupt.
User avatar #81590 to #81582 - Shiny (8 hours ago) [-]
lol, "massive-d"
User avatar #81584 to #81582 - lulzforgaza (8 hours ago) [-]
yeah that is pretty weird. Looks like he is pandering to other republican voters. This is just the beginning though, if he gets more and more popular he wills start going back on a lot of issues and changing his mind to pander.
#81573 - pebar ONLINE (16 hours ago) [-]
>>#81510, I've decided to write my paper on anti-discrimination laws, specifically the civil rights act of 1964, and how they violate freedom of association.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_association#Libertarian

When I was arguing against political correctness, I cited a bajillion court cases that struct down speech codes on college campuses. I will not have court cases on my side in this one.

BTW, my teachers is the type of liberal who openly talks about occupy wallstreet and trigger warnings and whatnot in class.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_association#Libertarian

#81596 to #81573 - anonymous (6 hours ago) [-]
Why do you care about what your teachers believe
as long as you're objective about it and include the reasons for what you're saying, they can't give you a shit grade

Go fucking blow their minds
User avatar #81579 to #81573 - lulzforgaza (10 hours ago) [-]
Nice.
#81575 to #81573 - pebar ONLINE (16 hours ago) [-]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scouts_of_America_v._Dale
well, I guess I do have this case

I might even put a trigger warning saying "this paper my contain viewpoints that some people will disagree with"

It's 2am and I got stuff to do tomorrow but I'm wide awake.
User avatar #81591 to #81575 - Shiny (7 hours ago) [-]
If you actually hope to change people's minds, maybe you should hold back the snark a little? You aren't arguing with neo-Nazis or Scientologists or whatever, there is a point in trying.
User avatar #81592 to #81591 - pebar ONLINE (7 hours ago) [-]
I suppose your right.
It's not really supposed to be persuasive anyway. I think we're just supposed to frame an ethical problem and maybe take a side.
User avatar #81594 to #81592 - Shiny (7 hours ago) [-]
Surely even your wannabe-leftist classmates can appreciate a devil's advocate argument.
User avatar #81602 to #81594 - pebar ONLINE (5 hours ago) [-]
some new info: it is supposed to be persuasive
User avatar #81593 to #81592 - pebar ONLINE (7 hours ago) [-]
you're*
User avatar #81576 to #81575 - redandgreen ONLINE (16 hours ago) [-]
Good luck!
#81574 to #81573 - youregaylol (16 hours ago) [-]
purposely trigger him as a distraction
User avatar #81577 to #81574 - pebar ONLINE (16 hours ago) [-]
That's kinda what I'm going for.
She assigned a paper on business ethics. I'm not going to write about something everyone agrees with; there's no point to that.

"embezzling is wrong" well, no shit
#81569 - anonymous (20 hours ago) [-]
God Bless.
#81571 to #81569 - anonymous (17 hours ago) [-]
#81567 - anonymous (21 hours ago) [-]
Zodiac bound martyrdom seekers shall courageously encroach upon the Arab portion of the Persian Gulf.

t. Byposted, "knower"
#81563 - lulzforgaza (22 hours ago) [-]
Looks like someone is really butthurt...
User avatar #81570 to #81563 - redandgreen ONLINE (18 hours ago) [-]
Just because Zayn left? Wow.
User avatar #81599 to #81578 - redandgreen ONLINE (5 hours ago) [-]
It was just a joke, Zayn Malik left 1D.
User avatar #81604 to #81599 - lulzforgaza (3 hours ago) [-]
What a horrible joke, like people actually pay attention to that. What are you a 16 year old girl?
User avatar #81605 to #81604 - redandgreen ONLINE (3 hours ago) [-]
Sorry.
User avatar #81559 - PopcornViking ONLINE (22 hours ago) [-]
"After Pledging To ‘Repeal Every Word Of Obamacare,’ Ted Cruz Admits He’s Signing Up For Obamacare"

wut
User avatar #81608 to #81559 - mixednuts (36 minutes ago) [-]
You can't sign up for Obamacare.

Obamacare is not a program in it's own right, it's a set of regulations for health insurance companies.
#81572 to #81559 - anonymous (17 hours ago) [-]
Republicans are Hypocrites.
User avatar #81580 to #81572 - lulzforgaza (10 hours ago) [-]
Hypocrisy is the very idea of being a democrat/liberal/socialist
#81606 to #81580 - anonymous (52 minutes ago) [-]
Sure.
User avatar #81564 to #81559 - lulzforgaza (22 hours ago) [-]
So I'm curious, what sites do you get your news from?

obvious prediction: all the leftwing ones!
#81565 to #81564 - PopcornViking ONLINE (22 hours ago) [-]
i saw it on the trending sidebar on facebook

its not there now but it was before
User avatar #81560 to #81559 - akkere ONLINE (22 hours ago) [-]
Not entirely 100%, but going from these sources

www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/obamacare-super-foe-ted-cruz-may-soon-enroll-n329981
www.newsmax.com/US/Ted-Cruz-Obamacare-signing-up/2015/03/24/id/634268/
www.factcheck.org/2013/05/congress-and-an-exemption-from-obamacare/

Lawmakers are required to acquire insurance through health care exchanges via the ACA. Not quite sure why it would be such a controversy. Is there some articles stating that he's going through the process in a non-mandatory measure?
#81533 - anonymous (03/25/2015) [-]
All Kikes please leave.
All Kikes please leave.
User avatar #81568 to #81533 - garymotherfingoak ONLINE (20 hours ago) [-]
then why haven't you left yet :^)
#81520 - pebar ONLINE (03/25/2015) [-]
"Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who was captured by the Taliban after abandoning his post in Afghanistan and then freed five years later in a controversial trade for five Guantanamo detainees, was charged Wednesday with desertion. "

www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/25/bergdahl-to-be-charged-with-desertion-official-says/

User avatar #81523 to #81520 - lulzforgaza (03/25/2015) [-]
Well he wasn't worth the trade, that's my personal opinion. I can't say he deserves death because I'd never say that about a U.S soldier. Looks like he went through enough shit by being captive for 5 years.
#81538 to #81523 - anonymous (03/25/2015) [-]
Fuck off kike.
#81516 - anonymous (03/25/2015) [-]
User avatar #81566 to #81516 - marinepenguin (21 hours ago) [-]
Few hundred? Literally almost the entire Northern Vietnamese were fighting us in a guerilla war. You can't really beat an enemy like that when public opinion is against The war in the first place. We killed dozens of NVA and guerilla fighter for every soldier we lost, but they were fighting a war of attrition. We won Damn near every battle, but were forced to pull out.
User avatar #81597 to #81566 - niggernazi (6 hours ago) [-]
Amerikike sucks and lost big time against some fucking gooks who didnt know how to make anything else than cooking rice. So now you make a lot of war-action movies about heroical you all where in the vietcuck war to compensate for your unbelievable small dicks. Yeah and btw, same with the ragheads in middle east.
User avatar #81601 to #81597 - marinepenguin (5 hours ago) [-]
Yes. We lost in Vietnam, and we've lost in the Middle East. No patriotic idiot could deny that.

But saying that it was due to military blunder or the militaries inability to get the job done is just stupid. Vietnam was lost not on the battlefield, but at home. The military was winning, but public opinion at home forced politicians to also turn against the war. In the middle east (which wasn't a purely US involved conflict btw), we've won the vast majority of all Battles as well, but our governments poor planning and preparation for a war of occupation has led to the shithole that is the middle east today. It's not our military that has been incapable, it's been our government.
User avatar #81524 to #81516 - lulzforgaza (03/25/2015) [-]
If this is supposed to be a Vietnam war reference then make it

The part of the United States Army and Navy with 70's tech that could reach Vietnam + all the money America cared to spend on fighting against the domino effect

vs.

Millions and millions of Vietnamese gorilla fighters who carry little moral and a shit-stain, dangerous jungle
#81537 to #81524 - anonymous (03/25/2015) [-]
Fuck off kike.
User avatar #81517 to #81516 - schnizel (03/25/2015) [-]
Death.
User avatar #81598 to #81517 - niggernazi (6 hours ago) [-]
*Society
#81513 - schnizel (03/25/2015) [-]
>mfw I will never be a medieval knight and fight the Hungarians crusaders
#81519 to #81513 - anonymous (03/25/2015) [-]
Did you know that usurers were forbidden from being knights?

YFW you will never have your own fief
User avatar #81581 to #81519 - schnizel (10 hours ago) [-]
At least I have mount and blade.
#81525 to #81508 - radiserne (03/25/2015) [-]
"jewish reggae singer"
#81507 - pebar ONLINE (03/25/2015) [-]
All right /politics/ listen up.
For my liberal English class, I need to write a long paper on business ethics. It has to be about a specific problem. I have to cite multiple peer reviewed articles on the topic.

I can't think of what to write about and I'm running out of time.
User avatar #81557 to #81507 - akkere ONLINE (23 hours ago) [-]
What sort of paper is it? Exposition, or rhetoric?
I guess for both length and quality of content you could try to bring out the general issue of valuing labor and focus it on sweatshops and outsourced labor of second/third world countries. Comparison checking of the cost to produce an item + wages vs. the actual sale of item for very products and such, as well as comparing it to the industrial revolution of early US history that would later transform our economy from second-world/pseudo-first-world to primarily first world in nature.
#81561 to #81557 - pebar ONLINE (22 hours ago) [-]
I was going to do it on trade liberalization (more free market) in China since the 70s but she said that was too broad a topic.

China had been a communist shithole for a long time. Its piss poor management lead to the deaths of over 50 million people from starvation. In the early 70s, it started privatizing its agriculture and that lead to a surge in food production. Even though the well being of everyone has dramatically increased, their leftwing parties criticize the policies for increasing inequality.
User avatar #81530 to #81507 - radiserne (03/25/2015) [-]
Laws prohibiting cloths that cover your face, aka laws against niqab and burkas.
Look up S.A.S. v. France, very important verdict as far as European law goes.

Also there is another verdict from ECHR where Britain was convicted for allowing British Airways to forbid one of its employees from wearing a veil during work. It's generally the verdict people take about when they discuss wether or not businesses should be allowed to dictate what their employees wear.
User avatar #81562 to #81530 - pebar ONLINE (22 hours ago) [-]
EEOC v. Abercrombie & Fitch is a similar case in the supreme court that's currently pending. I might do it on that.
User avatar #81526 to #81507 - lulzforgaza (03/25/2015) [-]
The new bill in Indiana is about business ethics, am I wrong?
#81536 to #81526 - anonymous (03/25/2015) [-]
Fuck off kike.
User avatar #81511 to #81507 - schnizel (03/25/2015) [-]
Hire people based upon their abilities, and whiteness.
User avatar #81510 to #81507 - kanadetenshi (03/25/2015) [-]
Anti-discrimination laws?
User avatar #81512 to #81510 - pebar ONLINE (03/25/2015) [-]
IDK how I could stretch that into 8 pages
User avatar #81514 to #81512 - kanadetenshi (03/25/2015) [-]
How about discussing the racist history of worker unions in the US?
User avatar #81529 to #81514 - Shiny (03/25/2015) [-]
So being a racist union leader is bad but being a racist CEO isn't?
User avatar #81531 to #81529 - kanadetenshi (03/25/2015) [-]
When did i say being a racist CEO is a good thing?
User avatar #81589 to #81531 - Shiny (8 hours ago) [-]
It seems hypocritical to claim anti discrimination laws are bad but also slander unions as racist, when logically this means discriminating by race is fine in a free market.
User avatar #81603 to #81589 - kanadetenshi (5 hours ago) [-]
There's a fine difference between calling places racist and forcing them not to be racist. I support private unions as a means to voluntarily negotiate. And just like i oppose anti-discrimination laws for private companies i oppose them for private unions.
#81515 to #81514 - pebar ONLINE (03/25/2015) [-]
Comment Picture
User avatar #81521 to #81515 - kanadetenshi (03/25/2015) [-]
It's a pretty good read. You could use the footnotes as articles and citation.

object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/serials/files/cato-journal/2010/1/cj30n1-4.pdf
#81500 - pebar ONLINE (03/25/2015) [-]
how great would this be?
User avatar #81503 to #81500 - kanadetenshi (03/25/2015) [-]
I'd be interested in how they're going to do this. The most logical way would be to genetically modify the plant so that Green Fluorescent Protein is encoded in it's genome. But that would make it shine all day instead of just in the dark.

Still far better than "Solar freaking Roadways"
User avatar #81502 to #81500 - schnizel (03/25/2015) [-]
That can't go wrong.
#81501 to #81500 - valeriya (03/25/2015) [-]
It'd get rid of one of my pet hate of cities.
#81497 - pebar ONLINE (03/25/2015) [-]
#81495 - anonymous (03/25/2015) [-]
White nationalists be like:
Omg ! The Jews are supremacistic, they talk about the chosen people!

then later..
Whites truly are master race!!!
User avatar #81496 to #81495 - schnizel (03/25/2015) [-]
Hit with the stick, don't get hit with the stick.
#81504 to #81496 - anonymous (03/25/2015) [-]
Cue meaningless metaphor...
User avatar #81505 to #81504 - schnizel (03/25/2015) [-]
We all want supremacy, the jewish one is bad for us.
#81493 - anonymous (03/25/2015) [-]
User avatar #81498 to #81493 - marinepenguin (03/25/2015) [-]
Wow! It's almost like they're in the same religious family Abrahamic Religions and share much of their origins!

Also, that story of Noah and the flood dates back to Sumerian tales 2000 years before either religion existed. So add in the Anunaki with that one.
User avatar #81499 to #81498 - schnizel (03/25/2015) [-]
>tfw Enki won't jizz and make a river anymore
#81556 to #81487 - anonymous (23 hours ago) [-]
The American Police State cometh. Slowly but surely, it creeps ever closer.