hide menu

Show:   Highest Rated Newest

User avatar #150692 - hwangw ONLINE (08/20/2014) [-]
I've been kind of depressed for the last couple of months. I had to leave my old job and was extremely naive thinking a new job would just drop in front of me. I'm 19 now but I started taking college classes in my sophomore year so I could graduate highschool with an Associates degree then I immediately started working towards my bachelors. I've got 3 IT certs, including A+, and am working towards my 4th and more. I thought I'd be able to at least get a simple IT job, like help desk or something. After I started to run out of savings I realized it wasn't gonna happen. So I accepted a job at Costco, I start tomorrow. I don't know what else I could've done but I feel like I'm settling and I'm kind of heartbroken that I couldn't get into IT.

Then over the last couple of weeks I found out 3 of my 4 best friends are moving away next week. All completely separately, they just happened to line up around the same time. We I feel like my life is falling apart and I'm not sure what to do anymore. I'm probably just making a big deal out of nothing but everything has just felt pretty hopeless recently. I'm always tired and not motivated to do anything. I feel like my life ended and left me behind or something.
User avatar #150725 to #150692 - xXThatxOnexGuyXx ONLINE (16 hours ago) [-]
> "I'm kind of heartbroken that I couldn't get into IT."

In my experience, with multiple jobs, I can tell you that the easiest of jobs to get aren't the ones that you would want a career in.
For instance, with my current part-time job, I had to go through three interviews.

I've even held jobs in the past where management told me "Show up on Monday at 4." -- No i9 or W4 forms to fill out. No proof of identity. No application. No resume. Just walk in and show up and I'd get paid.

I've also held a few other jobs, in which they'd pretty much accept anyone, so long as they didn't have a criminal history.

The one thing that I've learned though, through all of this, is that the quickest and easiest of jobs to pick up, isn't one that you are going to stick with for long. Nor would it be one that you would want to keep for long.

Costco is a fine place to work for, however it is a quick job. There is a possibility for a career within Costco, although I doubt you would stick around long enough for that. Especially when, once you finish getting all of those certifications you want, you could land a job somewhere else.

Certifications and degrees don't guarantee jobs, though. It just shows that you know your stuff.
Anyhow, when it comes to jobs, if it's easy to get the job, then it's probably just as easy to quit or be fired. It'd be easy to quit, in the sense that you may not like working there and would want to move on when you get the chance.
You want a job that's hard to get. You want a job that's hard to quit and walk away from. You want a job that's hard to get fired from when you do everything right. You want a profession. Not a job. Costco, is a job. It is not a career. It's filler until you get a career.

Chill out, work as much as possible, save up dat dough, and continue pursuing education.
User avatar #150727 to #150725 - xXThatxOnexGuyXx ONLINE (16 hours ago) [-]
> "Then, over the last couple of weeks I found out 3 of my 4 best friends are moving away next week."

Welcome to adulthood.
It's not fun. But this is how you know that you and everyone else around you is moving on in their lives.
This is what Facebook is for. Well, ask anyone and they'll say this is what Facebook is for. When in reality it's just a popularity contest, and to see who's dating who.
So what if they're moving? Doesn't mean that they aren't your friends anymore. There's still plenty of ways to keep in contact with them.
Personally, my best friends and I are far too busy with life to ever get time to hang out, or play games, or even talk. I see them maybe once every two months. I talk to them maybe once or twice a month. And you know what? We're fine with it. It's part of growing older. Part of having jobs and girlfriends. Part of having a life.

> "I feel like my life ended and left me behind or something."

Quite the opposite; Your life is just moving faster than you want it too.
It's not falling apart. You're just unwilling to accept the fact that you're growing up and becoming an adult. Now you've got tuition to pay for yourself. Now you can't be a full-time student. Now most of your friends are moving away, as they too are moving on in their life.
Each person has a different path of life to walk. Just because others seem like they're running ahead and keeping up with the pace, doesn't mean that you're falling behind.
Take things at your own pace. If you have to put college on hold and work to save up money, then do that. Don't rush yourself into things. Don't focus on the past or future. Focus on the present.
With each and every day, you're moving on in life in one way or another. Everything you do will affect your future. If you don't know what to do, then just go through the motions until you do know what to do.
#150791 to #150727 - hwangw ONLINE (4 hours ago) [-]
Man, I love you. Full homo. No matter what's going on or what I have to ask or whine about you're always there and helpful.
#150698 to #150692 - saltybanana (08/20/2014) [-]
Back in this mudaphackan house with a big fat dick in yo mouth neeeeyguu!

brooo your fucking 19 yrs old! your young af, still have so much ahead of you man! dude hate to be that guy but friends come and go. it s always good to make new friends man. i recently dropped my old friends. these guys were fat lazy fucks, just spending money on food and bowling.  made new friends at my school gym, and my other public gym. most of them are pretty young thangs. so,metimes you need to look at life in the positive side. i dont really believe in luck. things happen for a reason IMO.

costco is by far the greatest fucking job to have at your age. dude youll be making bank, man and the bitches that work there dayyum they fine. stop being such a sad lil bitch, start smiling more. people approach you more when your always happy. good things happen when your positive. im telling from experience man.
Back in this mudaphackan house with a big fat dick in yo mouth neeeeyguu!

brooo your fucking 19 yrs old! your young af, still have so much ahead of you man! dude hate to be that guy but friends come and go. it s always good to make new friends man. i recently dropped my old friends. these guys were fat lazy fucks, just spending money on food and bowling. made new friends at my school gym, and my other public gym. most of them are pretty young thangs. so,metimes you need to look at life in the positive side. i dont really believe in luck. things happen for a reason IMO.

#150691 - hwangw has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #150683 - machamango (08/20/2014) [-]
Okay pretty simple question and I'm probably just being stupid anyway.
So yeah, I'm a Sophmore in High School and of course now that schools is starting back up all the Freshman are coming from Middle School yadda yadda. Well some freshman chick thinks I'm cute and wants to start talking. I dunno if I should go for it or what. I mean she isn't bad looking or anything but I don't feel like being "that guy."
Plus, she played on a basketball team with my little sister so it just gets weirder.
User avatar #150707 to #150683 - youngneil (22 hours ago) [-]
A one year difference? That's not bad at all. Go for it.
A senior friend of mine knocked up a 7th grader. That's bad.
#150699 to #150683 - saltybanana (08/20/2014) [-]
dude fuck it just go for it, aint nothing bad to be honest.

shouldnt really care what people think, if you like her then go for it bro. who knows she could be your future wife? she could ber the reason your alive? idk man im just here giving out unprofessional advice.
dude fuck it just go for it, aint nothing bad to be honest.

#150684 to #150683 - anonymous (08/20/2014) [-]
go for it
User avatar #150667 - kijajouteh (08/20/2014) [-]
So who was fone
#150678 to #150667 - xXThatxOnexGuyXx ONLINE (08/20/2014) [-]
Dog.
Dog was phone.
Dog is always phone.
Dog is always on app.
Dog is always on Tinder, looking for single bitches.
User avatar #150679 to #150678 - kijajouteh (08/20/2014) [-]
damn son
User avatar #150671 to #150667 - gibroner (08/20/2014) [-]
I was phone
User avatar #150673 to #150671 - kijajouteh (08/20/2014) [-]
you can't prove that in a court of law
User avatar #150674 to #150673 - gibroner (08/20/2014) [-]
I was court of law as well
User avatar #150675 to #150674 - kijajouteh (08/20/2014) [-]
oh shit!
#150663 - kijajouteh has deleted their comment [-]
#150662 - anonymous (08/20/2014) [-]
lol

So this girl I've known for awhile I think may like me, but first some backstory.

So I started out in Freshman year at this school, I was home schooled and heavily sheltered the entire time of middle school. I decided I was not going to talk to anyone all year, and do the best I could in my classes. In my study hall, there was this girl talking to her friend who I sort of knew because she lives around me. I kind of butted in on their conversation, but they didn't seem to mind. They thought I was funny, and we hung out for the hour of study hall we had. And that was how it was for a few months, just small moments here and there. I convinced my parents to get me a phone, and hers was one of the only numbers I had, next to my parents and siblings.

cont.
#150666 to #150662 - anonymous (08/20/2014) [-]
We texted 24/7, she would always ask me about guys and to find out if they liked her and shit. It was kind of awkward at first, but I got used to it. I really wanted her to like me, but if she didn't like me back, I didn't feel the need to try to force a relationship. Her friend mentioned earlier would always say "Femanon luvs u <3!" and shit like that, where she would immediately tell her to shut up.

Then things about her started getting stranger. Our conversations became less straight forward, and I had to start thinking about what she meant by each word, glance, and action. She seemed a lot more sad, whereas she was usually pretty happy. I never pressed for details, and I deeply regret that.

After about 2 weeks of this, to where we just stopped talking at all, she texted me one night and said "Sorry, i've been so boring and depressing recently, something happened, can I call you?"

Cont again, fucking 1k character comment limit lol.
#150669 to #150666 - anonymous (08/20/2014) [-]
So I went outside and told her to call me. It was like 20 in the morning, so I wasn't really focused. I really hoped she would confess her love for me or some shit. She seemed really nervous and started out with incredibly awkward small talk like "Was your homework fun tonight." Eventually she told me her original intent of the call. She said her older sister committed suicide, and that her parents were getting a divorce. Each parent blamed the other for their child's death. She just talked for hours. I barely said anything, if I did I feared it would have been incredibly autistic and make her hate me forever.

So in the months that followed we grew pretty close. She even changed one of her classes so she could have it with me. I think it was pretty hard for her, because she always asked for help, but I never minded. I thought we might actually start dating. Then one day another guy joined us at lunch, and she said it was her boyfriend. I never cared what happened socially to me, but
#150670 to #150669 - anonymous (08/20/2014) [-]
god damn this really made me kind of angry. He was a good guy, but I thought I might actually have a chance with her. This was at the end of the school year, so I never really saw her for the entire summer, we texted sometimes, but not as much as we used to. She always hung out with this one guy. I decided then and there that any hope of me ever being with her had ended. I went back to being reclusive, and played way too much tf2 (like 600 hours in like two months, it was rediculous).

Then sometime towards the end of July, she textde and said we should hang out more. There is lots of construction going on around me, so it was easy enough to reach her hose, even though she lived like 5 miles away. I found out her and that guy had broken up, he liked some other "prettier girl" or some shit, but odd enough, she didn't seem to bothered by this. It was nice just hanging out again, and being with a physical human being. We usually just walked around in the woods around her house, and talked
#150672 to #150670 - anonymous (08/20/2014) [-]
So fast forward about a month, school has started, Sophomore year. We have a lot of subjects together, she said she felt really confident to take harder classes. Almost every conversation i've had has been with her, and it feels really good.

So tonight she texted me a question that i've always laughed at whenever people got it, but I have no idea how to respond. The question was "So who do you like ;P?"

What do I do, i'm such a fucking loser i've never dated a girl, do these things usually last long? What do I say?
User avatar #150696 to #150672 - thatnigger (08/20/2014) [-]
Just tell her you like her. If she doesn't feel the same way, ask for space so you can get over her and maybe afterwards you can be friends but it'll be awkward.
If she likes you back, make sure you don't just treat her like a Queen and she doesn't do anything back. Sure she's hurting and things have happened, but if things go wrong, you don't want to be the guy that has lost more then he gained and felt like the time he spend on her was a waste, ya know?
Just saying, communicate with her more and make sure you're both putting effort into a relationship.
#150654 - anonymous (08/20/2014) [-]
I'm going to be alone forever

From the beginning to the end of my time in high school I was a depressed, suicidal beta shit, though I still managed to have a few girls interested in me who I actually enjoyed being around. Fucked up each one with simple inaction. One actually thought I'd lied when I told her I liked her she was the one who asked me out for fucks sake just to spare her feelings. That's how retarded I was.

Pretty much the same thing happened with four girls in total, and now I've started college. Still want to kill myself, but much better on the depression end and what verged on a fear of women. Anyway, second day here, I meet a girl. Hit it off. Met her through a friend yesterday, she saw me today, we talked for a few hours alone.

Turns out she's a lesbian. And I don't mean a "I kissed a girl once" lesbian. Full on clit-hunter, through and through.

I've reached the conclusion that I'm fucked with relationships. Looking into wizardry now.
#150700 to #150654 - saltybanana (08/20/2014) [-]
from reading this i assume you aint a bad looking dude, if girls go up to you and ask you out. bro you must be handsome af!

shouldnt be so depressed bro, seem so young still have so much to learn, yeah i once felt the same way, but believe its all part of growing up. you cant accept the fact your not a kid anymore
#150653 - swiggityswooty (08/20/2014) [-]
i have no direction or ambition in life, im a sophmore, i have no idea what i want to study, i have multiple honors classes i could care less about, the only thing i truly care about is getting weed and other shit, even girls is secondary. i am completely lost right now
#150660 to #150653 - anonymous (08/20/2014) [-]
theres always the military, thats what im doing
#150655 to #150653 - anonymous (08/20/2014) [-]
That's because you're a sophomore, don't worry. A lot of people are sophomores in college without an idea of what they want to do. It's not uncommon for people to change majors twice. Hell, I know a guy who was studying to work in some robotics field last semester, summer goes bye, now he's a culinary arts major and that's his true calling.

You'll be okay lil nigga
User avatar #150644 - roflstorm (08/20/2014) [-]
Anyone good at Photoshop
I have a request
User avatar #150657 to #150651 - roflstorm (08/20/2014) [-]
I require the body of a duck. With the head of a rooster. And the legs and udders of a cow.
User avatar #150726 to #150657 - misticalz ONLINE (16 hours ago) [-]
ill do it legit lmfao brb
User avatar #150661 to #150658 - roflstorm (08/20/2014) [-]
Byout'ful
#150656 to #150651 - roflstorm has deleted their comment [-]
#150641 - rereviven (08/20/2014) [-]
So I guess if I take some required classes instead of a study hall each semester for school, I'll be able to graduate early, meaning half way through senior year. I am currently going into Junior year. Is it worth making my Junior year a bit more unappealing so I can graduate half a year early or nah?

Im also in a school to work thing Senior year (Goto classes first 4 hours, then drive somewhere to work for a few hours, which count as school credits)

Could graduating earlier affect this is any way?
User avatar #150708 to #150641 - solareyes (20 hours ago) [-]
I don't really think it's worth graduating a semester early, especially if it's high school.
#150634 - capinsquiggles ONLINE (08/20/2014) [-]
I'm going to post this on here as well as Drawing & Art to maximize the answer to my question.

Simple question though, where would be a good place to post about doing graphic design commissions? I currently post on the jobs section of DeviantART, but I'm not sure what other places I'd post on.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer me.
#150633 - anonymous (08/20/2014) [-]
If you remember my comment about the girl I was close to a year ago this will make more sense

I asked her how she was doing today and she smiled and said she was good then she continued talking to her friend ( to be fair I kinda interrupted)

What can I do to get further and I noticed she said she was in a bad mood on twitter a few minutes ago
User avatar #150642 to #150633 - derpityhurr (08/20/2014) [-]
message her nigga
what are you doing
#150645 to #150642 - anonymous (08/20/2014) [-]
No phone
No Facebook
Can't message on twitter
User avatar #150646 to #150645 - derpityhurr (08/20/2014) [-]
Why cant you message on twitter
#150664 to #150646 - anonymous (08/20/2014) [-]
I don't have one I was using my friends phone when I saw it
User avatar #150632 - thumbsdenied (08/20/2014) [-]
So my school just started and 2 weeks in this asshat joins my class and so far has fought with every single teacher and non stop swearing, and im not going to spend 3 years with this guy in my class, the class was completely fine before he joined.

Question is can i somehow get the school board to kick him out since this is a voluntary school and he clearly doesnt give a shit, just dispruts the class
User avatar #150652 to #150632 - makotoitou (08/20/2014) [-]
>2014
>not liking the class assclown
12 year old asian girl detected
#150647 to #150632 - swiggityswooty (08/20/2014) [-]
hes obviously a troubled child, dont sweat it, these things usually sort themselves out, hell either cut the attitude and thrive, or he wont.
User avatar #150635 to #150632 - nigalthornberry (08/20/2014) [-]
Talk to the teachers
User avatar #150637 to #150635 - thumbsdenied (08/20/2014) [-]
The teachers are in the class, and in my country teachers pretty much are powerless, meaning they caanot force a student to leave the class and if the student will not leave pretty much the cops need to be broight in to the situation.

I might try recording voice files to show the princibal
User avatar #150640 to #150637 - nigalthornberry (08/20/2014) [-]
If its public go for it
User avatar #150626 - gayobliteratorhere (08/20/2014) [-]
This account will be deleted
User avatar #150625 - marmiteistasty (08/20/2014) [-]
So how easy is it to break baby bones?
Two year old baby jumped on treadmill. Going 10mph hit the wall. Broken arm?
User avatar #150677 to #150625 - xXThatxOnexGuyXx ONLINE (08/20/2014) [-]
Kids are fragile, but in the same sense they heal very quickly.
I'd still take the kid to a doctor, though.
User avatar #150709 to #150677 - marmiteistasty (20 hours ago) [-]
Yup, turns out that it was an elbow fracture or something. Hope I didn't cripple the guy or something.
#150627 to #150625 - imrobin (08/20/2014) [-]
probably
User avatar #150623 - jimmytwoshoes (08/20/2014) [-]
Hello everyone, does anyone know where I can find the movie "9" directed by Tim Burton online for free? Everywhere that I checked had the movie taken off or I had to make an account for it. Anyone know a site?
#150643 to #150623 - anonymous (08/20/2014) [-]
It's like $5 - $10 to get on DVD.
User avatar #150649 to #150643 - jimmytwoshoes (08/20/2014) [-]
yeah but when im not allowed to go anywhere for the next few days and want to watch something... internet is the best way to do so
User avatar #150636 to #150623 - nigalthornberry (08/20/2014) [-]
Primewire
User avatar #150648 to #150636 - jimmytwoshoes (08/20/2014) [-]
User avatar #150617 - piratelord (08/19/2014) [-]
hey guys, i have one serious question, as dumb as it may sound...
How can i get a nasty fever? i don't mean a fake farce where I may appear to be sickly, i mean a real fever enough to make me feel like i'm about to pass out while walking? this is not for educational purposes or anything, i just want to see what it feels like to actually have a high as fuck fever that will fry my brains.
Onion under armpit is bullshit and so is the hot steamy bath with 9001 blankets while you sleep, and i have wasted my body doing exercise and sleeping until 5 am and nothing, so if any of you know a legitimate way of getting sick without using meds or injections, please share
thanks for your time
#150659 to #150617 - anonymous (08/20/2014) [-]
Go up to every homeless person you see and just shove your tongue down their throat
#150650 to #150617 - swiggityswooty (08/20/2014) [-]
get out into the outside world with your weakened immune system, go to a clinic, eat food off the ground, dont wash your hands, forget everything about hygene and you should be getting a fever soon
User avatar #150611 - trolljunkusa (08/19/2014) [-]
Why does my left hand smell funny
User avatar #150616 to #150611 - owllynator (08/19/2014) [-]
you havent cleaned your hand since it left your asshole
User avatar #150605 - ferrettamer (08/19/2014) [-]
So I'm going for my driving test tomorrow and I'm a little nervous. I shouldn't really be, I'm a decent driver (at least better than a lot of my friends who passed their first time). Any tips on how to not fail? I'm not very good at parking but I think if I'm allowed a lot of time, I could do it fine.
Also, when I turn left into a road with two lanes, and I'm in the left lane, do I attempt to immediately get into the right lane? I asked my driving instructor but he didn't' really answer me and that was like a year ago, so I don't remember exactly what he said. I'm in Ontario if that changes things, though it should be the same in other provinces and the states I would imagine
User avatar #150638 to #150605 - nigalthornberry (08/20/2014) [-]
Just treat it like a normal drive and you'll be fine
I used games like midnight club to help with my parking
You turn into the nearest or the corresponding lane and stay in it unless you need to switch
User avatar #150612 to #150605 - trolljunkusa (08/19/2014) [-]
In the drivers test, don't do anything unless the instructor tells you too, obey the laws, and use your blinker, even if you don't need to use your blinker
User avatar #150621 to #150612 - ferrettamer (08/19/2014) [-]
Ok, I just thought you were always supposed to try and stay in the right lane.
User avatar #150608 to #150605 - misticalz ONLINE (08/19/2014) [-]
I wouldn't instantly go into the right lane
only change lanes when the instructor tells you too.
User avatar #150606 to #150605 - awesomerninjathing (08/19/2014) [-]
drive to montreal
User avatar #150620 to #150606 - ferrettamer (08/19/2014) [-]
Wow great advice
#150601 - anonymous (08/19/2014) [-]
I have a close friend and we hang out a lot, like almost on a daily basis. Everytime we go out places just for random stuff he's like "Oh I bet people think we're dating which is weird because I'd NEVER date a black girl." He mentions this almost everytime we hang out. I get it, you won't date me that's cool. I ran into him last night at the movies, he was with a group of friends and so was I. We hung out earlier that day and split up because we each had other plans we just didn't know our plans were the same. Anyway when we all got seated he got up and sat next to me after sitting with his group for a bit. He sat next to me the whole movie.

I obviously know he'll never date me cause he mentions it all the time. But do you think he mentions it all the time because he likes me or something? Another friend brought it to my attention. As guys I was hoping you could decode this for me.
#150628 to #150601 - imrobin (08/20/2014) [-]
Not reading other responses because im lazy so maybe your question has been answered.
I think he likes you but isn't comfortable dating a black girl - with everything in life if you stray from the norm people will stare and make comments etc etc.
I personally WOULD date a black girl (im white) But the opportunity or desire hasn't presented itself yet.
But one of my close friends dated a black girl and i'm not racist myself and lots of people arent but still make very tasteless jokes. My lunch table through bananas at him and made ape noises at him to mock the fact he was dating a black girl (she was mixed too)
So im thinking he definitely likes you but is definitely telling the truth that he would never date a black girl.
Im bisexual and would definitely fuck a black guy but never a black girl because the attraction just isnt there for me. I dont know what it is.
Hope that helped.
#150668 to #150628 - anonymous (08/20/2014) [-]
that's terrible, for what they did to him. And I date white guys often so I know people are rude as shit about it when they want to me but it has never gotten THAT bad. I just had a couple people stare or say comments like why would HE date HER, he could do so much better. stuff like that.
User avatar #150602 to #150601 - xXThatxOnexGuyXx ONLINE (08/19/2014) [-]
That's an interesting situation, especially since he throws the race card out there a lot, and he clearly likes you.

You could just ask him, privately, if he likes you or not.
That'd be your only way of truly knowing.

Otherwise, it could be a form of sarcasm to tease you. (Although, again, the only discerning factor here would be the race card.)
He does like you, although he either has a crappy way of teasing you, or he's at conflict with himself. (Maybe his parents are racist?)
#150603 to #150602 - anonymous (08/19/2014) [-]
Well I've seen the type of girls he dates and they're all extremely skinny and white. He goes for the type of girls that die their hair strange colors and have lots of piercings too and that's not me at all. I'm not fat but I do consider myself chubby/curvy depends on who's definition it is. I have no piercings and just some brown highlights in my hair. Also he's a white guy, and he mentions not ever wanting to date me almost everytime we go out. We had a class together and since we always sat next to each other and goofed off people would tease us about dating and he'd throw out "no no no, no offense but black chicks just aren't my thing".

Also I met his parents cause his house is like a second home and they're not racist at all, and his mom is super nice and she always feeds me.