Show:   Highest Rated Newest

User avatar #147248 - daryldixon (1 hour ago) [-]
I cracked my LG G2 and half the screen doesn't work. What's the best phone to buy for 100 dollars or less? reposting on technology because fuck you
User avatar #147250 to #147248 - daryldixon (59 minutes ago) [-]
well shit maybe ill just fix my phone for 150 but ill probably fucking break it again fuck.
User avatar #147246 - trolljunkusa ONLINE (1 hour ago) [-]
Hi guys.

I want to bring up a pretty serious issue. My mom has been battling depression, anxiety, and many other illnesses in the recent years, and has been prescribed many medications that simply do not work on her, and usually cause her to be in worse condition than she originally was. I fear that these medications are going to shorten her lifespan and potentially kill her, she's taking upwards of 25 different medications a day, and just got over a very severe pain medication addiction that was prescribed to her for her spinal issues.

I'm no doctor, but I believe medical marijuana could help her. And this isn't just me trying to get my mom to smoke weed cause I'm a stoner. I truly believe it could help her based on some of the medical journals I've read. I smoke weed quite often, but I never truly started believing marijuana was a legitimate medicine until around last year. I just thought it was a safe way to get high and relieve pain, and an alternative to pain killers.

I want to try and convince her to not move to Tennessee next year where weed is 100% illegal. I want her to move somewhere where it is legal, and get a doctor who will work with her on getting a prescription, and guiding her through her medical issues. My mom isn't against pot, she's just not comfortable using it until it's 100% legal at a federal level and state level. I want to convince her that this is the healthiest, and possibly the most beneficial way to get through her illnesses and issues.

Thanks for any help guys.
User avatar #147263 to #147246 - pokemonstheshiz ONLINE (56 seconds ago) [-]
pot can have helpful effects for some of that stuff, but it's not a cure-all. I wouldn't pack up and move just to smoke a plant. And if she already has a tendency to get addicted to things, I wouldn't pick up a drug that's easy to get mentally addicted to (the feeling is noticeable. You're much more likely to get addicted to stuff with very noticeable effects.) If she does this, convince her to put a bit extra forth and buy a quality vaporizer. Just the act of smoking is bad for your lungs over time. Vaporizers attempt to reduce what you're inhaling to strictly THC, which by itself is not bad for your lungs.

But really though, don't look to drugs like this as a solution. Pain-blocking drugs just help you ignore the pain for a short while. You have to get at the root of the problem.
User avatar #147241 - oceanfrank (2 hours ago) [-]
how come the sound is always muted on the videos on FJ?
User avatar #147244 to #147243 - oceanfrank (2 hours ago) [-]
10/10 answer, really helped.
#147229 - ipostcp (3 hours ago) [-]
Alright, so basically I just got a huge fucking pay cut and my benefits packages are pushed from 4 months to 7 years. Meaning I won't get dental, life insurance, health care and all that until 7 years.

I signed a contract stating I will get these things after 120 working days and I would get paid for 17$/h. I'm considering taking legal action and apperently I can sue for a years salary.

BTW I'm unionized, so that's why I can do this.

Should I bother with this long struggle or no?
User avatar #147249 to #147229 - trolljunkusa ONLINE (1 hour ago) [-]
Also, did you sign a formal employment agreement saying that you would get these things? If so, you have a really good case my friend.
User avatar #147247 to #147229 - trolljunkusa ONLINE (1 hour ago) [-]
Consult a lawyer first, see if you even have a case. Don't skimp on a lawyer either, I guarantee your company has good lawyers. Just know that with sueing you are risking your job, and you are never going to be able to use that job as a reference. However if you win, you'll be rich. Be smart with that money though, you are going to be out of a job. I don't get the hate for your comment. Your goal as a worker is to make as much money as possible, with as little work as possible. Their goal as an employer is to make you work as much as possible with as little pay as possible. And right now they're succeding, and saying "fuck you" to the balance.

Your only other option is to walk out on them, because based on what I'm seeing is they're most likely going to lay you off

good luck man, you're going to need it.
User avatar #147242 to #147229 - oceanfrank (2 hours ago) [-]
yes. forget the money portion of this, if you dont take action against this, you're basically telling that job, 'Yeah im a subhuman who will work for shit on a plate, dont worry I'll let you fuck my sister and mother too." The WORST thing you could is quit and find another job but still i'd love a years pay in only 1-2 months.
User avatar #147230 to #147229 - nippuhl (3 hours ago) [-]
Good
Lets hope you die
#147233 to #147230 - ipostcp (3 hours ago) [-]
What are you talking about dying.
User avatar #147202 - dragonskeepsake (5 hours ago) [-]
You know that feeling you get when you get dumped
that really hard feeling in your chest
it just hit like a bus.
wat do.
#147222 to #147202 - saltybanana (3 hours ago) [-]
time too move on brotha!

its tough the first couple of weeks but you'll eventually get over it.
find something todo, like a hobby, or a job? something to keep you busy, cause if your always home, you will be thinking about that person you got dumped by
User avatar #147228 to #147222 - dragonskeepsake (3 hours ago) [-]
Thanks, Man.
I guess ill go after my best friend Jess then, Hes pretty cute c:
and i guess it was kindof my fault, Considering we were together before too.
#147235 to #147228 - saltybanana (3 hours ago) [-]
see need to look at the bright side in things. cant always be thinking negative.

hope it works out well!

hope it works out well!
User avatar #147232 to #147228 - nippuhl (3 hours ago) [-]
Fucking moron
Have fun with that
User avatar #147234 to #147232 - dragonskeepsake (3 hours ago) [-]
Me and her were together
not me and him
User avatar #147236 to #147234 - nippuhl (3 hours ago) [-]
I'm calling you a moron for asking out your best friend.
User avatar #147238 to #147236 - dragonskeepsake (3 hours ago) [-]
Well i think its a good idea
We have alot of history together
We both have a ton of things in common
And the fact that we basically know everything about eachother
i.e turn-ons, turn-offs, fetishes
User avatar #147239 to #147238 - nippuhl (3 hours ago) [-]
Have fun
#147209 to #147202 - confusedasian (4 hours ago) [-]
No, I don't know that feeling.

Because I've never got dumped before.

Because I've never dated before.

Embrace the single life.

One of us. One Of Us. ONE. OF. US.
User avatar #147213 to #147209 - dragonskeepsake (4 hours ago) [-]
If he doesnt have anyone by next week im asking out my best friend Jess.
is the single life a cult?
#147214 to #147213 - confusedasian (4 hours ago) [-]
Don't ask Jess. Jess is a lame name.

Come with us. Join us. We have bake sales every Mondays and Fridays.

Foo, it might be.
User avatar #147215 to #147214 - dragonskeepsake (4 hours ago) [-]
im already part of a cult though
And Jess is one of my closest friends, ive known him for like, 4-5 years? i think.
#147216 to #147215 - confusedasian (4 hours ago) [-]
Bring him to us, but only as a friend. We're all here for you. We're all waiting.

One of us. One Of Us.** ONE**. OF. US.

Denounce them and follow your destiny.

One of us. One Of Us.** ONE**. OF. US.

Denounce them and follow your destiny.
User avatar #147192 - saltybanana (6 hours ago) [-]
just curious to see if anyone else is having this issue?

when you wanna play a video here on the board i get no sound, or choice to put the volume up. is anyone else having this trouble?
#147210 to #147192 - confusedasian (4 hours ago) [-]
Some videos don't come with sound because they're just gifs made into a video to load faster and smoother. Some come with sound.
#147219 to #147210 - saltybanana (3 hours ago) [-]
ooooh okay makes sense i guess?
ooooh okay makes sense i guess?
#147223 to #147221 - saltybanana (3 hours ago) [-]
oh okay, im not the only one. well i feel better
oh okay, im not the only one. well i feel better
#147224 to #147223 - confusedasian (3 hours ago) [-]
If the fat guy wore glasses, he would look a lot like I do.
#147226 to #147224 - saltybanana (3 hours ago) [-]
your name makes sense to me know
your name makes sense to me know
#147227 to #147226 - confusedasian (3 hours ago) [-]
You didn't think I was actually Asian or something? I'm Vietnamese. The confused part is just because I'm stupid and don't understand a lot.
#147231 to #147227 - saltybanana (3 hours ago) [-]
could also meant as Asian in im Indian Asian, ya feel me?
#147237 to #147231 - confusedasian (3 hours ago) [-]
No I don't. India is part of Asia. There's not a nationality difference between Vietnamese and Indians. We're both Asians.
#147190 - nippuhl (7 hours ago) [-]
Am I really that ugly?
Face is kind of hard to see but everybody says I am
User avatar #147258 to #147190 - xXThatxOnexGuyXx ONLINE (32 minutes ago) [-]

Also, beauty is subjective.
Beauty is within the eye of the beholder.

Looks don't mean much when it comes down to it, man.
Also, that picture is fairly professionally taken.
User avatar #147260 to #147258 - nippuhl (26 minutes ago) [-]
Thanks man.
User avatar #147251 to #147190 - trolljunkusa ONLINE (56 minutes ago) [-]
I'd fix the hair maybe, but other than that you're pretty attractive. I'm a straight male too.

You look kind of baby faced though
#147206 to #147190 - confusedasian (4 hours ago) [-]
You look like that one beta kid that killed like 7 people because no girl would go out with you.

Uh, I like your jacket though.
User avatar #147203 to #147190 - havockwzy (5 hours ago) [-]
well, lets do this then.

you dont look ugly but you dont look over the top, average like the rest of the world.

but on tha picture you look, i dunno sad and weak. that might be your problem, attitude and personality can solve a lot of things and if you work on it you might turn things around

User avatar #147193 to #147190 - saltybanana (6 hours ago) [-]
im not gay or anything but you dont look that bad man.

no one is ugly IMO its how the person who sees you beauty is in the eye of the beholder from here you look like you have good eyelashes, girls love guys with long eyelashes, dont know why?
User avatar #147195 to #147193 - gandaalf (6 hours ago) [-]
he's okay
but honestly
there are some pretty fugly people on this earth
User avatar #147196 to #147195 - saltybanana (6 hours ago) [-]
srs theyre are some ugly muthaphacka out there. this guy isnt have bad IMO

yeah he isnt perfect but nobody is unless your a freaking supermodel or one of those fitness models
User avatar #147197 to #147196 - gandaalf (6 hours ago) [-]
yeah
but you were just saying
'no one is ugly IMO'

a fuck ton of people are ugly
User avatar #147198 to #147197 - saltybanana (6 hours ago) [-]
i was trying to say as in no one is ugly to some people like the quote goes "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

but yeah ive seen some ugly muthaphackas with some gorgeous girls. i think its all in the game
User avatar #147178 - norwegiandude (7 hours ago) [-]
How many times can one user thumb you down?
I have many comments in this one thread and he thumbed them all down without even saying why he did it...
Can he alone thumb me down to 0 again?
What should I do?
User avatar #147218 to #147178 - alecbaldwinning (3 hours ago) [-]
Who gives a fuck, they're internet thumbs. Go do something with your life.
User avatar #147179 to #147178 - ipostcp (7 hours ago) [-]
25 per 24 hours. I think you can flag him for harrasment.
User avatar #147220 to #147179 - alecbaldwinning (3 hours ago) [-]
It's 20 times per 12 hours, and red thumbs aren't even close to being considered harassment you ignorant child.
User avatar #147182 to #147179 - norwegiandude (7 hours ago) [-]
He thumbed me down at least 13 times in the same thread. He didn't comment though.
I didn't check my other comments though, he could've easily have thumbed them down too since I have an open profile.
What should I do?

Should I even have an open profile?
#147211 to #147182 - confusedasian (4 hours ago) [-]
I have mines private for everyone including friends.
#147185 to #147182 - fistfireace (7 hours ago) [-]
Having an open or private profile doesn't matter. You can search someone's username in the search area and find all of their comments. As an example, I searched my username and my comments came up.

Pic related, my comments.
User avatar #147186 to #147185 - norwegiandude (7 hours ago) [-]
You get many thumbs...

But what about the problem? What to do?
User avatar #147187 to #147186 - fistfireace (7 hours ago) [-]
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

I'm not too sure. Blocking someone doesn't help prevent them thumbing you down, and even if you tell a mod and they ban him, he can always create a new account and/or have a proxy.
User avatar #147188 to #147187 - norwegiandude (7 hours ago) [-]
He's annoying though.
Just because I said something from bob's burgers wasn't funny he thumbs down everything.
User avatar #147189 to #147188 - fistfireace (7 hours ago) [-]
Yeah, there's a lot of faggots on this site who usually thumbs down someone all the time for not agreeing with their opinion. The only thing you can do is ignore him. He might stop eventually.
User avatar #147169 - larrynonymous (8 hours ago) [-]
Why do wasp stings feel good, I've only been stung twice. Once I was a kid I got stung but I think it was a bee. Earlier this summer I got stung right on the ear, and it hurt for a minute (I was skating on board) but then it felt like some weird orgasm and I didn't feel guilty or lewd after, It was like having chills but really good. The bad thing is nothing can't top that feeling of bliss wat do advice?
User avatar #147194 to #147169 - georgesmoustache (6 hours ago) [-]
if you're being serious then it could be relief from your body stopping the pain, when I take a massive shit it feels nice afterwards because the slight pain has stopped
#147212 to #147194 - confusedasian (4 hours ago) [-]
I love that feeling. The minute it comes out, just. The best feeling in the world. Same with diarrhea too. Nothing better than unleashing your brown tsunami into the toilet.
User avatar #147181 to #147169 - nippuhl (7 hours ago) [-]
Heroin.
User avatar #147175 to #147169 - marinepenguin (8 hours ago) [-]
Masochist obviously.
User avatar #147166 - gandalfpointtwo (8 hours ago) [-]
I have 3 nipples. Help
#147180 to #147166 - thewhitespy (7 hours ago) [-]
I have 4.
User avatar #147167 to #147166 - makotoitou (8 hours ago) [-]
grow more
#147154 - anonymous (10 hours ago) [-]
where do I sell my humblebundle gift links of games I already have?
User avatar #147164 to #147154 - finblob (9 hours ago) [-]
Nobody buys them
you can give some to me if you want, I can take one for the team.
User avatar #147161 to #147154 - awesomerninjathing ONLINE (9 hours ago) [-]
no one will buy them, just saying
User avatar #147156 to #147154 - leadstriker (10 hours ago) [-]
just ask your self
is anyone really gonna buy it?
it's hard trading links or codes because someone can just take it and not give you money
#147144 - biembobo (10 hours ago) [-]
Hello dear readers, i'm currently deciding wether to buy the hp pavilion 17 or the acer aspire v5 laptop, any thought on which is better and why? thanks in advance ^^
User avatar #147253 to #147144 - trolljunkusa ONLINE (52 minutes ago) [-]
Also, if you have any questions about which ones to buy, consult with me. I'm A+, Net+, Security+, MCITP (microsoft IT professional) and I'm currently in college for computer science. My specialty is consumer equipment, and I'm very passionate about it. Please do not give into monopoly companies that make help make windows look bad compared too apple.
User avatar #147252 to #147144 - trolljunkusa ONLINE (54 minutes ago) [-]
DO NOT BUY EITHER

They are a bitch to work on. Buy a thinkpad, or buy a sager. They are

1) much more reliable
2) much easier to work on
3) have better customer service
4) are better built
5) are built under better morals (less foxxcon equipment used. Still though, every computer contains foxxcon equipment, but they use less.)
User avatar #147176 to #147144 - teoberry (8 hours ago) [-]
I'm gonna disagree with the person below me since I treated both of my HPs really well (kept in case, never dropped), yet they both broke within a year of getting them, while my brother used an his acer for around 7 years with no problem, even when it got dropped and shit
User avatar #147171 to #147144 - Eleatperson (8 hours ago) [-]
In my opinion HP lasts longer and performs better than acer...but what are the specs for both?
User avatar #147147 to #147144 - keltainenlumi (10 hours ago) [-]
The one which costs less.
#147153 to #147147 - biembobo (10 hours ago) [-]
they cost the same
User avatar #147155 to #147153 - keltainenlumi (10 hours ago) [-]
Then I don't really know.

My knowledge on computers got outdated years ago.
User avatar #147139 - norwegiandude (11 hours ago) [-]
Why is goldendarknessx blocking me?
User avatar #147205 to #147139 - havockwzy (5 hours ago) [-]
its because you suck dick!

or dont suck enough.... i forgot
User avatar #147143 to #147139 - keltainenlumi (10 hours ago) [-]
Maybe you're too hot to handle?
#147145 to #147143 - norwegiandude (10 hours ago) [-]
You... I like you...
You... I like you...
#147149 to #147146 - norwegiandude (10 hours ago) [-]
<-- Obligatory response  That depends... Are you a boy or a girl?
<-- Obligatory response That depends... Are you a boy or a girl?
#147151 to #147150 - norwegiandude (10 hours ago) [-]
damn, I'm a dude too...
damn, I'm a dude too...
#147162 to #147151 - confusedasian (9 hours ago) [-]
Use your imagination.
User avatar #147138 - sauronthegreat (11 hours ago) [-]
Hey so I'm not sure how familiar most of you are with Michigan or its colleges, but if any of you are I need advice. I'm currently torn between Albion College, Alma College, and Hope College. All three are private liberal arts schools (price is a non-issue because of academic scholarships and I'm poor as fuck). I want to major in English, and either double major in History or minor in History, with an emphasis on secondary education. Alma is closest to where my girlfriend currently attends college (by a lot), but I'm trying not to base my decision solely on that. Anyways, I could just use a little knowledge if anybody has it, I'll likely do whatever you guys say. Thanks in advance!
#147225 to #147138 - anonymous (3 hours ago) [-]
if $ is no issue, why not go to State? a degree there is Gold buddy.
User avatar #147172 to #147138 - Eleatperson (8 hours ago) [-]
well I don't live in Michigan, but have you been to the Campuses? or looked around the schools at all? because education is education, but location and practicality take the cake
User avatar #147191 to #147172 - sauronthegreat (7 hours ago) [-]
I've been to all of them and they are all really great. Forgot to include that in the original comment.
User avatar #147200 to #147191 - Eleatperson (5 hours ago) [-]
how serious are you and your gf?
User avatar #147217 to #147200 - sauronthegreat (4 hours ago) [-]
Pretty serious, we're definitely prepared to deal with distance and all of that
User avatar #147137 - wittypotato (12 hours ago) [-]
Should I buy this? I really just want something for writing, movies, and light gaming, and something that'll last a while, like a year minimum. www.dell.com/ca/p/inspiron-15-3531-laptop/pd
User avatar #147140 to #147137 - xXThatxOnexGuyXx ONLINE (11 hours ago) [-]
The only great thing Dell has going for it, would be Alienware.

Look into a Lenovo laptop. It'll suit your needs, for around $300-$400.
#147142 to #147140 - confusedasian (10 hours ago) [-]
I never understood what was so bad about Dell.
User avatar #147152 to #147142 - xXThatxOnexGuyXx ONLINE (10 hours ago) [-]
It's about as mediocre as you can get.
Also, the power bricks are insanely annoying.

Lenovo is much cheaper with a greater quality of products and build.
ASUS is greater than Lenovo.
MSI is greater than ASUS, Lenovo, and Dell.

Those are really the only laptop brands I would suggest.
Everything else has left such a horrible impression. HP comes with a ton of bloatware, and lots of problems with every driver version and update. Dell is just about the same, really. Also both HP and Dell are fairly over-priced. VAIAO shouldn't even be an option, those laptops are just crap for the price.

If you wanted to get real cheap, and still get a better computer, but the same bad support as Dell and HP, then Acer would be the way to go.
#147160 to #147152 - confusedasian (9 hours ago) [-]
My hp has been good to me and so has dell. Maybe not the best, but average things like surfing the web is alright. I agree with asus. Too many people have suggested me them, so they're doing something right.
User avatar #147127 - pokemonstheshiz ONLINE (13 hours ago) [-]
So, I moved back in with my parent recently. I forgot to cancel the gym membership I had in the other town. This gym put some pretty shitty stuff in the fine print, and long story short I have to drive over there, show them proof of moving, and pay a fee to cancel it. Normally proof of moving would be a copy of my lease or something, but since I moved in with my parent I have none. What can I use instead? Or am I doomed to be forever indebted?
User avatar #147129 to #147127 - thatnigger ONLINE (12 hours ago) [-]
Wait, so if you sign up you're forever forced to pay unless you move? What? As for proof, if you get mail sent to you to your parents house, use that. If they say its not good enough, threaten to sue or something to scare them I guess. No idea what's up with this situation.
User avatar #147131 to #147129 - pokemonstheshiz ONLINE (12 hours ago) [-]
it was a two year agreement but they didn't tell me that upfront. The thing I signed they said was a waiver so I couldn't sue them if I hurt myself working out. It's only 20 a month, and the cancellation fee is 75 plus gas to drive there so idk if it's even worth it. I figured I'd probably go back to that town to visit people one weekend, so I could do it them. And do you mean like mail addressed to me? That might work I guess.
User avatar #147255 to #147131 - trolljunkusa ONLINE (44 minutes ago) [-]
And also next time you want to sign up for a gym, sign up for the Y. They don't do shitty stuff to leech as much money out of you as possible
User avatar #147261 to #147255 - pokemonstheshiz ONLINE (12 minutes ago) [-]
well they have my credit card number so I don't know how to block them from charging things to it if you even can.

and the thing is that I work really irregular hours plus schooling so I have to have a 24 hour gym. Plus for some reason just the thought of a Y kinda puts me off, even though I've never been to one. What are they like, at least fitness-wise?
User avatar #147262 to #147261 - trolljunkusa ONLINE (8 minutes ago) [-]
First things first, cancel your gym membership and refuse to pay any fees if that is not possible, and this is possible, cancel that credit card due too "suspection of identity theft" and get a new one if that is the cheaper option (it was for my mom at least). Even if it's like 10 dollars more, or 20 dollars more to cancel the card, do it. I'd rather give my money too a card company, rather than a scamming gym.

And it really depends which Y you go too. In lower income areas, the Y is going to be pretty nasty, where I go though is possibly the nicest gym in my county. It has a full smoothie bar, a humoungous gym, two pools, and many recreational activities. Look for the ones that are in richer whiter communites (not even kidding).
User avatar #147254 to #147131 - trolljunkusa ONLINE (45 minutes ago) [-]
You know, legally, you don't have to pay them anything, just remember you're gonna be banned for life
User avatar #147132 to #147131 - thatnigger ONLINE (12 hours ago) [-]
Yea, mail addressed to you.
User avatar #147125 - bigpotato (13 hours ago) [-]
I've just broken up with my boyfriend of 2 years. He hid a conversation on facebook between him and this other girl. I confronted him and he kept on denying, he eventually admitted it, got mad at me for opening his account, and never texted me for a month. He's being too possessive (He'd get jealous of everyone, even my cousin. He told me he doesn't want to see me near any boy) yet he's the one who has these girl friends, and stuff. After I ended our relationship, he told me that he never enjoyed my company.
I made the right choice, didn't I? Plus, he's asking me for us to stay friends, should I decline?
User avatar #147207 to #147125 - hoponthefeelstrain ONLINE (4 hours ago) [-]
of course you made the right fucking choice. He got jealous cause he was so nervous that you'd cheat on him like he cheated on you. If he didn't value your relationship enough not to cheat on you then he wont value your friendship.
User avatar #147183 to #147125 - thedudeistheman ONLINE (7 hours ago) [-]
That was the right choice.

Don't keep him as a friend.
User avatar #147165 to #147125 - beatmasterz (8 hours ago) [-]
No don't let him stay friends. He completely screwed you over.
User avatar #147148 to #147125 - xXThatxOnexGuyXx ONLINE (10 hours ago) [-]
You made the right choice.
Also, as far as 'staying friends' goes, that's completely up to you. Just don't give him the time of day for anything, and move on.
#147134 to #147125 - confusedasian (12 hours ago) [-]
lol. Ignore that faggot. He isn't worth your time. Plus he's a hypocrite.
lol. Ignore that faggot. He isn't worth your time. Plus he's a hypocrite.
User avatar #147128 to #147125 - thatnigger ONLINE (13 hours ago) [-]
Yes, after what he said you you broke up, why go back to being friends?
You can't be friends with your ex, that never works, just ignore him and move on.
User avatar #147126 to #147125 - bigpotato (13 hours ago) [-]
Plus, he told me he'd kill me if I ever open his account again.
User avatar #147208 to #147126 - hoponthefeelstrain ONLINE (4 hours ago) [-]
then avoid him like the plague.
User avatar #147141 to #147126 - norwegiandude (11 hours ago) [-]
You did the right thing indeed. Just move on... Hope you're okay though. Sounds like it sucks pretty hard.

You made me feel sad... Tfw no gf...
#147123 - shadowmaul (13 hours ago) [-]
not sure which board to put this so lets try a few

I am going to the comic con in NY in October and its my first comic con so I had a couple questions.

my priorites are

1: get a gift for my dad
2: have fun
3: possibly meet a girl?

Not sure what exactly I should be doing at a comic con, I was invited so any tips or recommendations would be great and might be rewarded with a thumb maybe?
not sure which board to put this so lets try a few

my priorites are

1: get a gift for my dad
2: have fun
3: possibly meet a girl?

User avatar #147184 to #147123 - thedudeistheman ONLINE (7 hours ago) [-]
I've never been, but I've heard you should go with friends. Since you said you were invited, it sounds like you have that covered.

1. From what I've heard, things there are more expensive than usual (which is to be expected), so keep that in mind when thinking about how much money to bring or spend, or when looking for something for your dad or yourself.

2. Chances are you'll definitely have fun. Go to panels, walk around the show floor, potentially meet some really cool people (whether it's people attending the con or someone you meet at a meet and greet/signing), and pick up some cool stuff.

3. It's not out of the realm of possibility, but I don't know how high your chances are. Don't spend all your time looking, but you might meet someone.
User avatar #147133 to #147123 - keltainenlumi (12 hours ago) [-]
Cons suck pretty much if you go alone and if you're not capable of making friends on the spot.
User avatar #147130 to #147123 - thatnigger ONLINE (12 hours ago) [-]
I've never been to a con, I heard its best to go with a friend though as its more fun that way.
#147124 to #147123 - dehumanizer (13 hours ago) [-]
>meeting a girl at comicon
#147115 - anonymous (13 hours ago) [-]
Is 21 too old to start college?

I live in the UK, i'm really worried that i'm going to look weird going to college while everybody's finishing university.
#147135 to #147115 - confusedasian (12 hours ago) [-]
I live in Florida, North  America. I go to a community college. There are 40+ people that's already married with kids attending college. In my class I'm one of the youngest being 19. Out of a class with 20+ people, there were 2-7 of us.

You're fine.
I live in Florida, North America. I go to a community college. There are 40+ people that's already married with kids attending college. In my class I'm one of the youngest being 19. Out of a class with 20+ people, there were 2-7 of us.

You're fine.
#147136 to #147135 - confusedasian (12 hours ago) [-]
I meant 40+ as their age by the way.
I meant 40+ as their age by the way.
User avatar #147122 to #147115 - thatnigger ONLINE (13 hours ago) [-]
Some people change majors and I know some people that didn't do so well in Sixth Form and had to do a foundation year, so being in your early 20's is fine.
#147121 to #147115 - minutes (13 hours ago) [-]
Nah it's okay. Many people are in their 20s in college cause they took longer for school or whatever. Besides, being older has a lot of benefits.
User avatar #147120 to #147115 - alexanderburns (13 hours ago) [-]
No. There is no too old to start college.
User avatar #147110 - ainsley (14 hours ago) [-]
I'm having second thoughts about what I want to major in.
Recently, I started working as a restaurant. I'm on my feet for at least 5-10 hours or more at a time, and since then, it just kills me to be in one place for too long. I can't sit at home anymore on the computer without getting bored, even with my arsenal of games.
And given that I previously wanted to major in IT, this comes as a pretty big change.
I love talking to people when I work. Sure, sometimes people don't leave tips and are assholes, but it's worth it for the people who are genuinely nice and awesome to talk to.
The thing is, now that I don't really like the thought of an office setting where I just sit around lazily and help people plug in printers, I have no clue what I want to do with my life, and registration for the college I'm going to ends in about 2 weeks (andpromstomorrow.gif)

How do I go about changing my whole life plan so quickly? I don't even know what I would rather major in.
User avatar #147257 to #147110 - trolljunkusa ONLINE (35 minutes ago) [-]
Well then mr. restaurant nice to meet you

All dad jokes aside, I just want to ask you, is having fun on the job more appealing? Or is making money more appealing. IT is what I'm going into, unlike most people going into IT, I actually am extremely passionate about it. I can understand if you find it boring, unappealing, or in general just plain stupid. It's not supposed to be a fun social job. But it pays the bills, and it pays them really, really well my good friend. If you wanted to be on your feet a lot and talk and have fun with people, and wanted to make more money, you could always go into education, and if you don't like kids, teach at a community college, or if you're good enough, a college, or university. You can also try becoming a biologist, or any kind of field scientist where you will be on your feet and moving a lot. Just know that the job market for these fields is very low, and it's quite hard to get a job, and that you'll have to take college extremely serious. Do your research, but if you want job security, and pretty much an 80% chance of getting a job, and high chance of getting a very well paying job, stick with IT and/or computer science, and pursue becoming a sysbig brother admin. They're still very social jobs, and in some cases you're running an entire company, without being the CEO.
User avatar #147111 to #147110 - ainsley (14 hours ago) [-]
>started working as a restaurant
AT* a restaurant, not as