Upload
Newest
Online User List [+] Online: (1): explosiverectum, anonymous(3).
asd
#49292 - nwbballplayer
(12 hours ago) [-]
Lifting on nothing but pre workout and 4 hours of sleep is straight up cancer. That is all.
#49280 - hargleblarg ONLINE
(18 hours ago) [-]
I wasn't sure whether to post in Advice or here, but I figured you guys would be able to help me more.

To sum it all up: I'm disabled and I'm sick of my life. Help me get better.

Long version: I've got a condition called M.E (also known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) and it comes with a whole host of symptoms but the primary one is I'm exhausted all the damn time. It's gotten to the point at times where my muscles have withered away and I've needed a wheelchair to get around (I still need a wheelchair for long distances, I just get too tired).

To add insult to injury I got food poisoning last year and, because of my body's weakened state, I've been suffering with my gut for an entire year now, where I'm going to the bathroom 3 times in a morning and not knowing what's causing my intestines to go "nah mate". Is it stress? A certain food? I don't know. I've tried different diets and cutting out irritant food like mushrooms, garlic and onions with no real effectiveness. It's essentially random but it's gotten so bad at times I've ended up in hospital at least 5 times in this year alone.

Naturally I've been putting on weight, and it's really affecting my mental health. I WANT to get better, I WANT to be active, but this condition is dragging me down and my will to keep trying is being slowly crushed. If I overdo it then I end up almost bedridden for days on end, if I don't do enough then I'm essentially wasting precious energy. I'm sick of this cycle, so I'm here asking for help.

Is there any form of exercise that someone like me could do? Is there even anything I can do, or am I just pissing into the wind? Is there a diet I could try that would benefit my gut, and in turn give me the energy I need to get better/fitter? I've tried googling shit and the most "helpful" thing I got was "do yoga" but I don't see how that will benefit me, it just looks like different poses that will waste my energy with no improvement (I could be wrong, please tell me if I am). You guys are all about fitness, I'm hoping someone on here can help. Thanks for taking the time to read.
#49281 to #49280 - buttfacemugee
(14 hours ago) [-]
One thing for sure is that yoga is actually a very beneficial workout. It may not be intense like like weights or running but it not only will stretch your muscles it will make you use energy. Second thing i can think of would is light swimming, but also with a partner or friend to make sure your alright
#49265 - krasnogvardiech
**krasnogvardiech used "*roll 1, 001-100*"**
**krasnogvardiech rolls 018**

Hello, fj/fit/. Imma lift, letting RNGesus decide the reps. Starting with curls.
#49266 to #49265 - krasnogvardiech
**krasnogvardiech used "*roll 1, 001-100*"**
**krasnogvardiech rolls 067**

Weak. Overheads now.
#49272 to #49266 - krasnogvardiech
(23 hours ago) [-]
Done! With significant effort.
#49273 to #49272 - krasnogvardiech
(23 hours ago) [-]
Onto the next stage. Not sure if I'm to be sad that I'm leaving browsing FJ or happy that I have something to distract from Cookie Clicker.
#49267 to #49266 - krasnogvardiech
**krasnogvardiech used "*roll 1, 001-100*"**
**krasnogvardiech rolls 086**

Push-ups.
#49274 to #49267 - krasnogvardiech
(22 hours ago) [-]
Forty down, forty-six to go.
Don't think I'm fucking forgetting you, six.
#49276 to #49274 - krasnogvardiech
(21 hours ago) [-]
FUCK YOU SIX I CAN DO TEN INSTEAD OF YOU

BEAST MODE ACTIVATE
#49268 to #49267 - krasnogvardiech
**krasnogvardiech used "*roll 1, 001-100*"**
**krasnogvardiech rolls 067**

On the cooldown, the parallel raises. You know, the one like you're lifting shopping bags.
#49277 to #49268 - krasnogvardiech
(20 hours ago) [-]
... arms are fucked and I need to work in the morning. I'll do it tomorrow.
#49269 to #49268 - krasnogvardiech
(09/27/2016) [-]
Satisfactory. Lifting in progress.
#49264 - enslavedyouth
(09/27/2016) [-]
Uhh, hey. Newcomer to lifting here.

There are so many damn videos on YT about so many different techniques, I'm kinda lost. Also, I don't really know what to do when in terms of a proper diet.

Definitely made a bit of progress, as I started with 10 pound dumbbells and quickly switched to 15 pounds (as of right now, preacher curls only, really tempted to try incline and free form (is that proper term for just standing in front of the mirror without any support?))

My pull ups are.. pretty much nonexistent. Can lift myself a bit more than half way two times in a row and manage about 5 negative ones.

The last few weeks I've mostly practised proper form for all my exercises.

My questions are, how do I know when to increase weight? I've read a few articles about progressive overload, but I'm also a bit of a scaredy cat sinc3e I don't really feel like injuring myself.

And what is a proper diet, anyway? One thing I definitely don't want to ever do is taking supplements, soo.. help?
#49293 to #49264 - mendelevium
(5 hours ago) [-]
If arn't trying to gain crazy muscle mass or strength then you don't really need to worry about a proper diet. At Least not one where it's heavy on protein or low on carb ect. Obviously don't eat unhealthy.

As for gaining strength, diet comes in play there. You won't gain strength as fast as someone with a surplus of calories and protein. They will be going leaps and bounds past you.

I'd recommend sticking to the weights and just surfing through a few workout videos until you find someone you like who will get you more in depth in the fitness world.
#49283 to #49264 - baglesbites
(13 hours ago) [-]
Stick to a basic program that's intended for use by newbies and build a foundation. I like the idea of a slightly tweaked strong lifts 5x5 which is a good program by itself. But for added gains, throw in some dips, chin ups and 1 arm exercise for Bi's and tri's Don't go crazy with them, do it last and keep the volume around 3 sets of 8. Ab work is optional but I'd recommend planks and cable crunches.
#49284 to #49283 - baglesbites
(13 hours ago) [-]
Also, a solution to chin ups is to use a resistance band to help you from the bottom. This will take away just enough weight to gain an extra rep or two.
#49287 to #49284 - enslavedyouth
(13 hours ago) [-]
Gotta check that resistance band method, thanks

Got a few more questions, if youve got the patience for it?^^
#49288 to #49287 - baglesbites
(13 hours ago) [-]
Ask away
#49289 to #49288 - enslavedyouth
(13 hours ago) [-]
Alright so. As of right now I can only use light weights, obviously. How and when do I increase weight? I certainly dont mean to lift as much as possible as soon as possible, I know that building a perfect body takes time, I just dont want to stall ever again.

Secondly, diet. Are there any plans I could look up, something I can do with a soon to be tight schedule? No fancy cooking or long preparations? What about cheat days?

Third and last question, leg day. Now, I do stuff like push ups not only to exercise but also for fun. I can easily push through any burning sensations while working my upper body, but leg day is the seventh cycle of hell. Cant do lunges with my left leg either for some reason. Any beginner exercises that wont make me feel like Im ripping myself a new one after five reps?
#49291 to #49289 - baglesbites
(12 hours ago) [-]
Add weight once you can comrplete the sets/ reps the program calls for with proper form. Take an hour once a week to cook a bulk meal or two. PRS.ut butter is also quick and tasty. The most important thing is to stay patient, this is a marathon we're trying to run.
#49260 - manofparody
(09/27/2016) [-]
Would like people to legitimately rate my changes. Rate me before and after.
#49261 to #49260 - manofparody
#49286 to #49261 - marinepenguin
(13 hours ago) [-]
You've transformed into a little more like Chris Pratt than you were before. Congrats.

the weight loss does show though, nice job
#49278 to #49261 - the one and only
(19 hours ago) [-]
Your jaw line is showing more, youve lost weight definitely.
#49270 to #49261 - krasnogvardiech
Successful.

Keep lifting.
#49262 to #49261 - enslavedyouth
Reply +2
M8 are you fucking with me

What is there to rate after is definitely a huge bloody improvement
#49240 - anon
(09/26/2016) [-]
Any recommend workouts that focuses on cellulite?
I'm tired of my ass looking like it just went through puberty yesterday.
#49271 to #49240 - krasnogvardiech
Cardio.
#49252 to #49240 - baglesbites
(09/27/2016) [-]
Diet is most impkrtant, but building muscle will help improve the look as well. Squats, Romanian deadlifts and some lunges would fit the bill.
#49246 to #49240 - unncommon
Good diet and exercise.
Cut down on carbs and lower caloric intake and try running. Do a couch to 5k program or something.
The more weight you lose the better it will look. There's no workout specifically for it.
#49235 - anon
(09/26/2016) [-]
So i got this pull up bar www.sportchek.ca/categories/equipment/fitness/training/bodyweight/product/northern-response-power-gym-330504983.html It does a lot of things, suggestions for a starter? Wanna get more defined muscles, Im pretty much a weakling at 15, 130 pound and 5'10". Wanna help me out /fitness/?
#49236 to #49235 - unncommon
(09/26/2016) [-]
What I did to get gud at pull ups was I'd do wide grip (pronated grip) 2 reps, then go straight to the parallel pull ups 2 reps, then close grip (supinated grip) 2 times. I'd do that 3 sets.
Then when I could (maybe two workouts later) I'd do 3-2-2, then 3-3-2, etc.
As for the rest of you download a push-up, sit up, and squat app. Do it before you eat and when drink milk when you're done.
Good luck buddy
#49275 to #49236 - anon
(22 hours ago) [-]
Thanks <3
#49230 - ljxjlos ONLINE
(09/26/2016) [-]
So, some days ago, my elbows started to crunsh every time I do...don´t know the english term - lifting the Barbell behind your head, starting with them lying on the shoulders.

Is that normal or a matter I should look into? It doesn´t hurt but it freaks me out every fucking time.
#49253 to #49230 - baglesbites
(09/27/2016) [-]
Switch to dumbbells, or press from the front of your head. Do them standing if you don't already and do more back and rear delt work.
#49263 to #49253 - ljxjlos ONLINE
(09/27/2016) [-]
It´s one of the exercises I´ve been told to do by my physiotherapist because my back is kinda fucked up due to an accident a few years ago - it´s suppossed to help fix that, so it´s not really an exercise I can just stop doing.

Same to uncommon
#49282 to #49263 - baglesbites
(13 hours ago) [-]
It's time to see your pt again, and discuss the fact that one of your rehab exercises is possibly going to cause harm. In the meantime I recommend doing lots of rear delt work in the form of band pull aparts, face pulls- you can use a band for these as well of you don't have gym access as well as rear raises.
#49247 to #49230 - unncommon
(09/27/2016) [-]
Stop doing that exercise it's not good for you.
#49223 - asotil ONLINE
(09/26/2016) [-]
Golf season is winding down, I'll be able to start lifting regularly again instead of this once a week nosebleed at 340 squat bullshit

Side note I'm down to 240 even because of this job and my arms/chest/shoulders are getting large from endless farmers walks and hammering stakes. I'm now wearing a size Large shirt as a """""muscle""""" tee for the first time since 6th grade and it feels weird
#49254 to #49223 - baglesbites
Post abs pic?
#49227 to #49223 - studbeefpile
(09/26/2016) [-]
I just graduated up to wearing large shirts.

Tfw we're slowly switching places.
#49228 to #49227 - marinepenguin
(09/26/2016) [-]
Wut, I've been wearing larges for forever. Do you just wear super tight shirts all the time?
#49232 to #49228 - studbeefpile
(09/26/2016) [-]
I can wear most mediums up to about 225-230lbs bw. Most of my weight is is my legs and back.

You wear larges because you're 6'3 lol.
#49234 to #49232 - marinepenguin
(09/26/2016) [-]
I many times forget that I'm not the size of a normal human being
#49248 to #49234 - studbeefpile
(09/27/2016) [-]
"size" you mean shape? :^)
#49233 to #49232 - marinepenguin
Yeah probably so.
#49219 - marinepenguin
(09/26/2016) [-]
These past couple months I've seen a ton of progress on my back. Which makes me sad that 5/3/1 is so press heavy. You aren't supposed to deviate from the program but I had my first "deload week" session and I threw in a lot more pulling accessories because I personally don't think there's enough to pulling to counter the pressing, and I've had issues with imbalances before.

I've definitely seen good strength progress that I struggled with before, like my OHP is flying up and weights that I couldn't do without horrendous form and a belt are going up with perfect form and no wrist wraps or belt. If this continues I'll probably continue the program until it stops working.
#49294 to #49219 - mendelevium
(5 hours ago) [-]
lookin pretty lean for those gains.
You finally take the Mendelevium fast track?
#49249 to #49219 - baglesbites
(09/27/2016) [-]
Dosent Wendler recommend at least 50/50 push and pull movmemts with face pulls and rear delts work? Also, is your bench improving? I thought it was the weakest part of the program, but worked wonders on ohp.
#49259 to #49249 - marinepenguin
(09/27/2016) [-]
Bench has been improving slightly, but OHP is definitely better.
#49258 to #49249 - marinepenguin
(09/27/2016) [-]
Yes, but in my personal experience I need 2/3 or even double the pulling to keep away pressing pain.
#49285 to #49258 - baglesbites
(13 hours ago) [-]
That sounds like a bit of a pain in the ass. At least back is fun to train and has the most rewarding feel when you're completely pumped.
#49238 to #49219 - unncommon
(09/26/2016) [-]
Haven't done the 5/3/1 routine but I've heard very good things. How much is your OHP? I'm at 100lbsx12 and need to know where I stand.
#49241 to #49238 - marinepenguin
(09/26/2016) [-]
Most I've worked up to recently is 175, I'll usually do like 115 for 12 reps.
#49245 to #49241 - unncommon
(09/27/2016) [-]
Nice, I've been moving pretty slowly with it lately. I stopped adding 5 lbs every workout and I just add two reps (until 12 then go down to 8 and add 5 lbs). That moment is fucking taxing but I love how it goes through the full range of motion for the shoulder girdle. Keep up the good work cause if you don't I'll catch you.
#49257 to #49245 - marinepenguin
(09/27/2016) [-]
Getting a few extra reps by switching to push presses, and getting stronger on full rom dumbbell presses is what's really helped me in the past.
#49214 - masterreposter
(09/26/2016) [-]
Are multivitamins actually bad for you ? Do they actually give you the nutrients the box says because I have a vitamin d deficiency. I need the hrlp
#49239 to #49214 - unncommon
(09/26/2016) [-]
Multivitamins aren't unhealthy. Do they work? Depends which shotty study you read from any given check-out line magazine. I'd say you'd be better off supplementing only vitamin D.
Source: I'm a healthcare specialist
#49243 to #49239 - masterreposter
(09/26/2016) [-]
What does that mean?! That's not an answer, how am I supposed to supplement vitamin d if multivitamins don't work? They're the samething
#49244 to #49243 - unncommon
(09/27/2016) [-]
1x 5000iu QD PO with food.
Not all "vitamin" pills are multi-vitamins bud.
#49251 to #49244 - masterreposter
(09/27/2016) [-]
But do multivitamins work? No one ever answers
#49256 to #49251 - unncommon
So no, not very well.
#49255 to #49251 - unncommon
(09/27/2016) [-]
Your body doesn't digest them well so they're mostly excreted as urine.
#49217 to #49214 - marinepenguin
(09/26/2016) [-]
Just take a multivitamin. They're cheap and at most they make your pee look like Gatorade the next morning.
#49225 to #49217 - masterreposter
Doctor said
#49224 to #49217 - masterreposter
(09/26/2016) [-]
But i can't tell if it's true they don't work. To me not working means not providing the nutrients it says on the box. I know extra vitamins get peed out but I need extra vitamin d and calcium
#49213 - studbeefpile
(09/26/2016) [-]
Thingken about becoming a Deadlift Specialist. srs.

Even though it's genetically (in terms of limb lengths, natural gifts, etc.) my worst lift, I enjoy it, and its accessories so much. Plus I need to unfuck my shoulders from all the disproportionate bench volume I used to do, so it wouldn't hurt to focus more on pulling for a while.

Thoughts?
#49250 to #49213 - baglesbites
Switch to bodybuilding and do g4p with tren man
#49220 to #49213 - marinepenguin
(09/26/2016) [-]
Specialist, as in you only do deadlift? I'm confused by what you mean.
#49221 to #49220 - studbeefpile
(09/26/2016) [-]
Meaning the Deadlift would be my priority. I'd add in a pull accessory day, decrease my benching volume, and modify my squat training to compliment my Deadlift.
#49222 to #49221 - marinepenguin
(09/26/2016) [-]
Ahh. Well if you think it's your weakest lift there's nothing wrong with it.

But I think we both know you just love to deadlift haha
#49226 to #49222 - studbeefpile
(09/26/2016) [-]
Oh yeah of course. I don't even think it's my weakest lift, comparatively I think the squat is my worst, the bench is my best, and deadlift is somewhere in the middle. I just want to work on it for funsies.

Besides with my genetics I could just bench 300lbs every 3 days and maintain my strength fine haha
#49212 - studbeefpile
has deleted their comment [-]
#49196 - dealwithitfagg
(09/26/2016) [-]
Hey guys, I got a question.
I'm currently doing peaks for about 2 months now (one week off because I was on holiday and there was no gym only a teenie tiny one with 5 kg dumbells and a fucking step machine 😂) .
I'm stuck at 90kg deadlift (that I don't even make every time). Stuck at 37kg overhead press (I know it's so low, got terrible shoulders. I realllllly want to end this period with a 100 kg deadlift and a 100 kg squat (also currently 90kg). And really a minimum 40 kg OHP but 45 would be better. Bench is 50kg, that's what I wanted to accomplish this period but more is always better.

Question is; should I go on with peaks till I get there? I realllly want it so bad, but I don't know if it's smart to go on since it's really slowing down, or just to start again with hypertrophy.

#49218 to #49196 - marinepenguin
(09/26/2016) [-]
I'd just stick to getting stronger at 70-80% and more hypertrophy if you've been peaking for that long.
#49231 to #49218 - dealwithitfagg
(09/26/2016) [-]
Yeah.. I think I'm going to start over again next week.
I hope I'll meet those goals before this year ends, that would be awesome.
#49197 to #49196 - studbeefpile
(09/26/2016) [-]
There is absolutely no need for you to peak right now. Just keep doing hypertrophy, and make sure you're eating enough. Newbies don't need to be maxing out.
#49199 to #49197 - dealwithitfagg
(09/26/2016) [-]
Eehm yeah I don't consider myself as a newbie anymore.
I already did everything to get ready for peaks. Now I'm finally here (and have been doing fine for more than a month) and I don't want to stop yet, but I'm not sure if it's smart.

I don't know if it changes things but I'm a girl, so the weight is lower than a guy of course. So I don't know if that's why you thought I was a newbie.
#49200 to #49199 - studbeefpile
(09/26/2016) [-]
Ooohhhh you're a chick? I didn't know that.

Its still my opinion that you should keep doing hypertrophy work, however knowing you aren't a very weak man makes things better. Those are actually okay numbers for a girl.

Any particular reason you're wanting to peak?
#49201 to #49200 - dealwithitfagg
Yups, I am.
I know I have to do that again after this fase, but I'm not sure when to start. Well I know it's actually better to give my body some rest from the heavy weights, but I just want to keep going on so badly.

Because I looove those high numbers and heavy weights. Makes me feel strong when getting a new PR. It gives such an awesome feeling and that's not something I get from low weight and lots of reps.

It's just, every fase is about 6 weeks (altho I did the previous 3 shorter because I didn't want to wait longer to peak), so if I go to hypertrophy now, I have to wait again for like 4 months to peak again D:
#49203 to #49201 - studbeefpile
(09/26/2016) [-]
Sounds like you're just being impatient.

In my younger lifting years I had a similar mentality, always wanted new 1RMs, didn't care about low weight and rep work, etc. So, because of that, I spent a couple years pretty much making no progress and constantly frying my nervous system. When I got over that and started focusing on BUILDING instead of TESTING, and learning appreciate rep PRs, I also started...you know...actually making progress.

But what do I know, I'm still kind of a beginner anyway.
#49204 to #49203 - dealwithitfagg
(09/26/2016) [-]
Well I kinda waited a year before I really seriously started maxing, so I don't really think that's impatient haha. (I did sometimes tried a 1RM in between but never really serious like now).
It's not that I don't want to go to hypertrophy at all, I just love heavy ass weights. I'm just thinking if I can find a way to stay in this period a little bit longer, maybe just a few more weeks. I just would love to hit 100 kg, I mean that's three fucking didgets. just sounds so much better than 90. I did once do a 100 kg deadlift, but then I started at 15 cm above the ground, so that doesn't really count
#49206 to #49204 - studbeefpile
(09/26/2016) [-]
At this point, if you're actually missing 90kg sometimes, I think you'll get to 100kg faster by just going back to hypertrophy for a month.

And a year isn't a long time for training. I'm over 5 years in, and I still suck.
#49208 to #49206 - dealwithitfagg
(09/26/2016) [-]
Yeah maybe. But after hypertrophy I got two more fases. Or do you think I could skip those?
In the picture is what I use now, well I edited some things but it looks a bit like that.

No, I know a year isn't long, but more like waited a year for peaks, I think that's quite long. I started weighttraining I think two and a half years ago, then stopped because I didn't saw progress and didn't know what the fuck to do, started again 1,5 years back. My bench 1rm was fucking 22,5 kg when I started haha, so weird.
#49193 - dinoblue
(09/26/2016) [-]
okay, so here is little scrawny me, this is a shit tier photo cus my sister was in the decent bathroom but whatevs.

this is day one, i weigh roughly 130lbs, small arms, i got a bit of fat (maybe? idk its not entirely flat) on my belly that im sure sure good ol' cardio and crunches will fix
#49295 to #49193 - mendelevium
(5 hours ago) [-]
I started, 120 and 6'2. Its hard for the skinny guys but we look good when we make it, trust. Keep goin bruh. Them qt3.14s will be mirin all day.
#49215 to #49193 - marinepenguin
(09/26/2016) [-]
You'd be better off going for more mass right away. You're leaner than the average person I'd say and you aren't skinny-fat, but you are scrawny. Build up muscle first and you'll lean out over time.
#49202 to #49193 - dealwithitfagg
(09/26/2016) [-]
I don't think you should focus on that little bit of fat you have right now. You should eat enough since you're just starting and weightlifting burns already a lot of calories.
Maybe after a while you can think of getting your bf lower.
Ab workouts are no problem at all of course.
#49207 to #49202 - dinoblue
(09/26/2016) [-]
How do I figure out how many calories and how much protein l need?

im sorry im so new and bad at this
#49209 to #49207 - dealwithitfagg
(09/26/2016) [-]
That's okay! You can't know everything!
It really depends on how active you are and all, here's a site you can fill in your age/weight etc.: authoritynutrition.com/how-many-calories-per-day/
It's different from day to day, if you're very active you should eat more then a day you almost nothing. I think you should look at "maintain weight" and then add about 300 kcal on days you train (since you want to gain muscle).

Protein I think you should be good around 80 grams a day. But I'm not fully sure of that.
#49210 to #49209 - dinoblue
(09/26/2016) [-]
Awesome! thank you so much, I will definitely look into this stuff. Gosh, ive been on this board all of 4 days and i feel like im making more progress then the past year
#49211 to #49210 - dealwithitfagg
No problem man, anytime!
Also here's a site that I used a lot in the beginning:
www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/
There you can see all exercises and every exercise has a video how to do it and it shows the intensity and stuff.
#49198 to #49193 - studbeefpile
>weighing 130
>"cardio and crunches"

Is your goal to turn into a skeleton?
#49205 to #49198 - dinoblue
Reply +2
(09/26/2016) [-]
gotta get ready for dem skeleton warz
#49187 - marinepenguin
Reply +2
(09/25/2016) [-]
Hill sprints = ded
#49189 to #49187 - cptmongtard
(09/25/2016) [-]
Do USAF not do Battle PT? True ded
#49190 to #49189 - marinepenguin
(09/25/2016) [-]
I havent done any sort of real group PT since actual training, and even then I've always been in better shape than 95% of the people around me.

But good shape or not, low rest hill sprints will whip anyone.
#49195 to #49190 - cptmongtard
(09/26/2016) [-]
Lucky fucker. Battle PT is the most horrible fun you'll ever have
#49216 to #49195 - marinepenguin
(09/26/2016) [-]
What is battle PT exactly?
#49237 to #49216 - cptmongtard
(09/26/2016) [-]
Assault course, stretcher carry, hill sprints, log runs, steeple chase, casevac drills, leopard crawls and monkey crawls. Might not be too bad in the US but in Catterick it's fucking cold. Lowest we did it in was -12C
#49242 to #49237 - marinepenguin
Oh damn. Yeah Fuck that.
#49188 to #49187 - Draigor
(09/25/2016) [-]
tru dat
#49186 - thefunnyside
(09/25/2016) [-]
Has anyone tried the ketogenic (ketosis) diet? How'd it work for you?
#49296 to #49186 - mendelevium
(5 hours ago) [-]
Works very quickly and effectively.
But at how risky it can be for some people you're better off with a heavy calorie cut.
Also trying to pair no carbs with heavy lifting makes you want to kill yourself, plus you wont be gaining much muscle despite the massive protein. Muscles need carbs too.
But if you got to lose hella weight fast, that's the way. (or heavy cal cuts)
#49184 - cptmongtard
(09/25/2016) [-]
So in the wake of my first federation comp, I'm pleased where my strength is. Hit 125kg, coming second to the South West region record holder at 132.5. Did my peak the same way that I used to up my strength while I was in the army, since we had no gym access. On top of my regular training, I did 200 incline and 200 decline push ups, which I find works well in building strength. When I was on barracks it worked and as competition prep it worked. If I get 130 up in March I'll be pleased, after that my focus is the record
#49185 to #49184 - cptmongtard
(09/25/2016) [-]
Also I was the only person not wearing a singlet and using sniffing salts
#49181 - mendelevium
Reply +2
(09/25/2016) [-]
I'm not sure if this is just the PCT fucking with my head but holy shit I need to share this

It was just an average leg day today (though tbh I was crushing it but thats besides the point)
About to finish up my workout with some straight leg deadlifts for them glutes
and then I saw her
instantly my knees were borderline quaking, shaking like I was being fucked Haitian style by the tectonic plates.
I kinda laughed to myself about it "haha, cuz of her? I just crushed my ass to grass squats and have banged solid 10 insta hoes, its not cuz of her." I kinda nervously thought.

Now neither of us started doing deads, I just was doing straight legged ones, she was rowing in the squat rack next to me.
I looked at her, she looked at me. My knees got even shaker, we both kinda shly looked away.
She was prob 4'11, half hispanic, easily a 10, thicc as oh my lord.
She was doing her rows of 90lbs, I was doing my warmup of 135 not too much going on.
And then she grabbed a pl8.
And then another.
And started deadlifting
Not just any deadlifting
Sumo deadlifting
at this point I was doing 225 straight leg deads for 12-15, but something inside me said "Nah, not today"
I rerack it, slap on 315, its deadlift time.
Haven't done deads in what seems like forever and 315 I maxed at like 5 reps.
She finishes her set, and I start mine, I can tell shes looking at me through the mirror.
It flys up easy, 1,2,3,4,....10,11,12 Smashed my pr with an extra 7 reps.
And then she grabs another pl8, and ANOTHER pl8.
225. She cant weigh more then 90lbs, this is fucking insane.
Not 1 rep, not 2, she gets 8. And I'm sitting here fucking dumbfounded that a girl can deadlift 225, a 4'11 90lb cute af girl is DESTROYING these deads.
I pick up my barbell, throw on 405. This is happening. No belt.
The last time I had hit 405 was 4 months ago, with a belt, on a new pre-workout, the rep was very shaky and poor form, and I was on roids.
Now I'm on pct, and at the end of my already highly intense workout.
I get ready, sumo style, mixed grip, I look in the mirror straight up lock eyes with her, the base drops in my headphones.
Flys up, perfect form EASY
Set it down, Again. Easy reps
Again. 3, I set it down.
Shes still looking.
I smile, she smiles. I look away, she looks away.
I could have easily done 4,5,6,100 million had she just smiled at me before that lift. The fucking cutest smile, the kinda smile that makes you rock hard but also makes you wana buy a dozen roses.
She reracks her shit, I do mine. I can barely breath let alone stand.
Gana catch my breath and ask for her number but she cleaned up too fast and walked away.

Start thinking "what if she has a boyfriend, what if I was being loud af and thats why she smiled, what if blah blah" shit I havent thought since I was like 15 and barely knew what a vagina felt like.

Next time I'm asking for that number Idgaf if my test is low af or if I was misreading her. But god damn I've never had a girl be that fucking hot before. My gym is full of thicc cutie mcbooties, some of them match me on tinder too. But not a single one like that girl. No girl I've ever been with made me feel like that the first time I looked at her. I always thought that kinda shit was for 4chan aspies and little kids.

tl;dr hit 405 for 3 reps today on sumo deads.

Mfw I couldn't walk because of my glute pump and couldn't even ask for a girls number.
#49182 to #49181 - marinepenguin
(09/25/2016) [-]
Go for it mate

I'll say, super cringy story at moments, but girls do that to you sometimes.
#49183 to #49182 - mendelevium
(09/25/2016) [-]
>fj
>expecting it not to be cringe

tbh prob just the low T why I even found her that hot, But she got gainz for a little girl and thats qt3.14 material any day.
#49176 - victorsin
(09/24/2016) [-]
Okay guys I did got big in ths time I posted in here. 6 months? 9 months? A year? Can't really remember sorry , but npw how do I get rid of stretch marks on the inside of my arms and below my arms. I might take a pic after I get lean again.
#49179 to #49176 - anon
(09/24/2016) [-]
you can get some kind of cream to make them less noticeable but they never go away
#49178 to #49176 - mendelevium
(09/24/2016) [-]
Now I THINK you're trying to speak english. Not really sure.
But stretch marks are permanent unless you get tattoos/makeup/surgery.

I've personally never had them because my skin just don't roll that way. But its not a bad thing, 2 of my asian friends have huge stretch marks on the arms and shoulders so we call them tigers, embrace you're tiger blood lines.

Its like a beard. Fine if you have one, fine if you don't. It's what you make out of it that determines if it looks good on you.