Upload
Newest
Online User List [+] Online: (2): neppynep, anonymous(2).
asd
#87211 - crimsonuruzuki
(34 minutes ago) [-]
urenge 2.0

featuring eye strain4
#87210 - dickswissmcgee
(2 hours ago) [-]
Over-sized gloves wearing waifu reporting in.

AKA Famitsu from Hyperdimension Neptunia U.

I can't find much fanart of her so I figured I'd make some myself. Not very happy with the result but figured I'd share anyway
#87209 - spaceking
has deleted their comment [-]
#87204 - alleksi
(9 hours ago) [-]
A silly fantasy redesign of Monsoon from Metal Gear Rising
#87208 to #87204 - alleksi
(4 hours ago) [-]
GIF
#87203 - futaprincess
has deleted their comment [-]
#87200 - aeaduzb
Reply +2
(16 hours ago) [-]
first thing ive ever done in google sketch up
#87206 to #87200 - torky ONLINE
(4 hours ago) [-]
No cutout person for scale? This can be either be very large or very small.
#87198 - anon
Reply -2
(22 hours ago) [-]
Can anyone find a non watermark version of this image? or remove it? either way i guess. I really wanna set it as my background but that watermark is very visible and yeah. i tried googling it but they're all copy/paste and in different sizes from different websites.
#87202 to #87198 - devilicious
Reply +5
(14 hours ago) [-]
Coming to the art board and asking to remove the artist's name from a drawing
#87194 - ScottP
(09/26/2016) [-]
Haven't drawn anything recently because I've been so busy, but I drew another concept sketch of a character named Fallout. I finally got the story to be interesting and it actually makes sense for her to wear this type of clothing (since she's in the desert)
#87195 to #87194 - ScottP
(09/26/2016) [-]
Original sketch for her from about a year ago
#87192 - ohmeghon
#87190 - crimsonuruzuki
Reply +4
Urenge
#87189 - devilicious
Reply +4
(09/25/2016) [-]
Making the sky is so relaxing... I'll just forget the earth for now and keep making spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace and cloooooooouds
#87183 - torky ONLINE
(09/25/2016) [-]
I got bored, so I went through my old work. I found an image of me comparing my old work with my even older work. I haven't really drawn buildings since then, but I'm glad to know that I'm at least this competent.
#87186 to #87183 - devilicious
(09/25/2016) [-]
Nice... I don't really know how houses works
#87187 to #87186 - torky ONLINE
(09/25/2016) [-]
Same here, so I cheated a bit by creating all these houses in google sketch up. I went through dozens of reference images to get the look I wanted and then I spent hours creating the house models. Then I just put them all together, added the clock tower (also modeled in google sketchup) lined them up to create a small city skyline. I took a picture and then basically traced over it while adding a few tweaks whilst I did it. In the long run, it saves me a lot of headache trying to draw all those houses accurately and keep them in perspective.

Pic related: I found the image I used. Every house is it's own model and they all can be rearranged for any scene I want. I did the same for >>#87110, 86853,
#87188 to #87187 - devilicious
(09/25/2016) [-]
Damn! I better learn how to use that too
#87182 - butterpopsicle
Reply +2
(09/25/2016) [-]
New semester hit me like a truck full of bricks
#87181 - gameshredder
Reply +4
Comic Preview
#87173 - dickswissmcgee
Reply +3
Is this too lewd? I guess I'll find out

Been playing Hyperdimension Neptunia, and finished the anime. So I drew best girl.

#87185 to #87173 - devilicious
(09/25/2016) [-]
Aah yes my dear, join the Neptune order... Let's make planeptune great again
#87175 to #87173 - defectivedetective
Not lewd enough
#87179 to #87175 - neppynep ONLINE
#87174 to #87173 - neppynep ONLINE
nepgear a shit
#87176 to #87174 - dickswissmcgee
u fokken wot m8

i'll nep ur face off swear on me mum
#87177 to #87176 - neppynep ONLINE
GIF
Just try it punk
#87178 to #87177 - dickswissmcgee
(09/25/2016) [-]
Just kidding Nepgear wouldn't fight her own sister

Too pure
#87172 - trisketthebiskit ONLINE
(09/25/2016) [-]
Ayla sketch without her armor just to say i drew something that wasn't for work today
#87160 - feelythefeel ONLINE
(09/24/2016) [-]
Does anybody who does character art want to draw a DnD character for me? I can give you a coloured text item if it's really good.
#87168 to #87160 - devilicious
(09/24/2016) [-]
you overestimate the value of color text
#87166 to #87160 - tepidteal
(09/24/2016) [-]
You can't give those to other people.
#87171 to #87166 - feelythefeel ONLINE
(09/24/2016) [-]
I seem to remember you could, but that was a long time ago.
#87157 - trisketthebiskit ONLINE
(09/24/2016) [-]
i think self confidence is one of the most important things in being able to move forward as an artist. currently in a slump of working on things im not passionate about constantly for school and even though the projects are all art or game design oriented they arent my projects and they arent really mine. i have like 3 projects that have been on the back burner forever now an i just feel like im falling behind my game designer and artist friends who just get better and better. maybe im just a whiney bitch but im finding this serious lack of personal progression to be weighing heavily on me right now and its hard to find value in any art i create. well that was pretty much just a vent i guess but still art related. i realize that theres no sure fire way to get myself out of this besides put my head down and draw but its a shitty feeling none the less
#87169 to #87157 - devilicious
(09/24/2016) [-]
More than confidence, I think my ego was more important to keep going... also pushing myself in a position where if I don't get better, I die I already know where I'm going, but I'm gonna struggle through the way, fall and rise, but because I know that all this pain is for a greater goal, then I keep walking (sometimes running!)... And Yeah, it can be discouraging to see other struggling less but fuck it, is not like you'll end up like them, you're gonna be you but better so focus on your own stuff... Set goals, and keep walking.
#87170 to #87169 - trisketthebiskit ONLINE
(09/24/2016) [-]
i think part of my problem is the game design aspect of my life is making me practice pretty much everything art, animation (both in multiple new styles), music, design, marketing, and even programming now i fuckin hate programming btw maybe im spreading myself out too much but if i dont i wont get ahead of my competition in the industry. again im just being a little bitch but it feels good to talk about it
#87156 - neppynep ONLINE
Reply +4
(09/24/2016) [-]
Modeling and rendering simple furniture is surprisingly calming.
#87193 to #87156 - ohmeghon
(09/26/2016) [-]
very nice
#87155 - tiles
(09/24/2016) [-]
Ay big wall of text pertaining to my art/personal dilemmas. Avoid if you're in a tl:dr mood.
Even though I've been really passionate about drawing, I've been criminally procrastinating these past few months. Part of that is that I feel as if I'm too idealistic/perfectionist to properly improve my artistic skills. It has been a huge mental barrier for me. Because of this I've been afraid to work away from emulating other artists and actually innovate.
I wanna end up making art my passion, but at 18 years old with the art of a third grader I'm concerned that this dream can't come to fruition.
Does anyone know how I can rid this perfectionist mindset and work towards art I can call my own?
#87162 to #87155 - skabbalabba
(09/24/2016) [-]
This might be a rambly mess, but bare with me.
I'm in a kinda similar situation, where i have some passion to make stuff, but not to learn how. Sometimes i'll try to make something, but it didn't turn out how i wanted because i'm not where i want to be yet, or it was just such a hassle to get it right that my passion burnt up half way through.

You'll have to make it crystal clear to yourself (just think about it, tell it to yourself, view your possibilities form many angles and don't bullshit yourself) that passion to learn and passion to create are completely separate. Will to learn and will to make are different entities. Your problem is will to learn, and that you that you are just sitting there, waiting for some motivation to drop from the sky so you can drive a few more yards towards you end destination. Obviously motivation/passion is a horrendously inefficient fuel source. I think you are wasting your time looking to squeeze a bit more fuel out of that tank, and you should rather look for an alternative source, or get rid of road blocks so the little fuel you have can get you further (more about that below). For me it's art school. I now don't really have a choice in the matter, i gotta do the thing, cuz deadlines n stuff.
#87161 to #87155 - skabbalabba
(09/24/2016) [-]
There is another way to look at it though. Think of your willpower like a scale with two sides, one for doing art, and one for procrastination. Your lust to do other things, like play video games of whatever, can easily be outweighed by passion for art (that’s how you beat procrastination). But you burn it up really fast and get nowhere, and then uncertainty kicks in (cause you’re not sure what you’re doing wrong), and now procrastination tips the scale back.

Your perfectionist mindset is just that you wanna make a nice thing... but you can't do it right. On the learning side you get some passion to learn a thing, and you might feel confident going in, but after the attempt you don't feel much smarter, and now your motivation is in the shitter along with your confidence. Take note of the different items that enter onto the scale here (Passion for art, lust to do other things, confidence and uncertainty). Lust for other shit will always be there, I don’t think there is any use in fighting it. Then comes Passion dropping down like a sack of bricks - tips the scale immediately. But the problem as I see it (I’m guessing a bit here, so if I get something wrong, just ignore it) is that you spend your passion on really big and nebulous projects, like reaching your dreams or learning a whole subject. You gotta realize that you simply don’t have the passion to take on those beast just like that. And the process of getting though them is quite nebulous/unclear, so when you inevitably fail, you’re unsure of what you’re not getting, so then uncertainty drops down like a sack of bricks and shits all over your confidence. Now all the weight is on one side of the scale. Your passion if fucked, and so is your confidence. What to do?

The solution is kinda simple: fuck your dreams… for now. Your will to make is nothing without some skills to back it up, which you don’t have… for now, so save it for the future. Focus on the learning entity. And on that note, don’t try to take on late game bosses with early game items. You gotta kill a bunch stupid boars and whatever first. By that I mean, don’t try to acquire professional level skills immediately. Lower your expectations and take on more, but also smaller, challenges. So if your wanna paint a face like a pro, focus on drawing a single eye from a single angle, then the same eye from another angle, and so on. You should be able to actually pull that off and not get stuck, which will get uncertainty off the scale (woohoo, that’s one down). And because the tasks are smaller, simpler and doable, your passion doesn’t burn up so quickly. Although, you might not have so much to being with, you won’t need as much either. Also, all this together should make your confidence more stable.

And don’t forget, fuck your dreams for now. If learning isn’t fun, it’s not fun. Don’t expect it to be. Fun is for later. But if you do what you gotta do, you will get there, there is no way around it. Don’t waste time worrying about that. You’re not Jesus bitch, you can’t work miracles, which is what it would take to fail whilst doing what you gotta do.

I hope that made some sense and gave you a more concrete image of the situation.
#87163 to #87161 - skabbalabba
(09/24/2016) [-]
Also, if this doesn't boost your motivation and you're disappointed, that's fine. The whole point is that you shouldn't look for more of the stuff, you'll never find it, but rather deal with the other side of the problem.
#87165 to #87163 - tiles
(09/24/2016) [-]
I appreciate such elaborate insight. I'll keep it in mind to disregard my current starry-eyed vision and focus on learning instead, until I get comfortable with my level of skill, of course.
#87167 to #87165 - skabbalabba
(09/24/2016) [-]
Glad to help. But beyond the art tutorials and practice it can be really helpful to have a keen understanding of what goes on inside your own head. It has saved me from a lot of stress and kept me in a relaxing balance.

How To Stay Motivated And Master Your Willpower
Here's a video that i found pretty helpful for sticking to practice, and generally the guy gives useful info.
#87201 to #87167 - Nahyon
(15 hours ago) [-]
this guy
good shit
#87159 to #87155 - neppynep ONLINE
(09/24/2016) [-]
Also post some art I don't think I've seen anything from you in a while.
#87164 to #87159 - tiles
Click to show spoiler
I posted this one a while back. I've made more doodles since but I can't really take shots of them right now.
#87158 to #87155 - neppynep ONLINE
Just keep going.
When I was 14 I had an art teacher who I absolutely loved. He was skilled, passionate, smart, and more than anything he actually wanted his students to improve.

When someone asked him "If I can't draw this than what should I do?" His answer was "Learn how." And it honestly it really is just that simple. Keep going, forward is forward no matter how slow you're moving.