coma. this man has his priorities in order. ihtm DO BEAR m MIND - E GRAPHICS ORIGINA LOO WAV BETTER. "You were in a coma for 30 years." "Half Life 3????" "No." Re-enter coma.
x
Click to expand

Comments(172):

[ 172 comments ]
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
#53 - twerkingclasshero (04/29/2014) [-]
It's taking too long.
User avatar #18 - PenguinsOfMars (04/29/2014) [-]
"You were in a coma for 30 years."
"Half Life 3????"
"No."
Re-enter coma.
#157 to #18 - deckbox (04/29/2014) [-]
"you were in a coma for 30 years"

" Has one piece ended yet ? "

"nope"

re enter coma
#117 to #18 - liamjacobs (04/29/2014) [-]
I'm so sorry.
#99 to #18 - envinite (04/29/2014) [-]
Next coma I want my goddamn Half Life 3 with Gaben sucking my dick

for those who don't get it, this is Tanner from Driver SF who pissed up because all the **** he did is just his own imagination while he is in comma.
#24 to #18 - vlademitrius ONLINE (04/29/2014) [-]
gabe's face when
gabe's face when
#7 - theannoyingFJguy (04/28/2014) [-]
Pfft, Bubsy 3D kicks the ass of any "Watch Underscore Dogs"
User avatar #10 to #7 - samxdaxman (04/29/2014) [-]
"Bubsy 3D-Literally a platformer"
User avatar #5 - nerdicorn ONLINE (04/28/2014) [-]
I just need Fallout 4 before I kill myself.
User avatar #72 to #5 - nebuchadnezzaurus (04/29/2014) [-]
That's the thing I don't get about people begging for F4 or HL3. So eventually you're going to get it and play it through, possibly several times. Then what? You're going to kill yourself? People have been hyped as **** for F3 and it turned out to be a huge disappointment for many fans of the original. So I suggest you don't wait and just play the games out there right now
#73 to #72 - regmar (04/29/2014) [-]
The thing about the Fallout series is theirs so many endings, so many side quests, so many different people to talk to and places to go its basically and infinite experience... but it can get boring which is why they need to release a new one.
#95 to #5 - adamks (04/29/2014) [-]
Get yourself a deadly disease and make the make-a-wish foundation give you a copy of the game way before it gets released. Also, be like 10 years old.
User avatar #121 to #5 - oaaaa (04/29/2014) [-]
do it fgt
#31 to #5 - John Cena (04/29/2014) [-]
Do it faggot.
User avatar #22 to #5 - curtkobain (04/29/2014) [-]
It's been so damn long.
User avatar #125 to #5 - komandantmirkoo (04/29/2014) [-]
wait for a few months. i think uncle putin has fallout planned
#30 to #5 - bujo (04/29/2014) [-]
And then you will miss out on fallout 5.
#50 to #5 - amata (04/29/2014) [-]
>Make a circle of lit candles on the ground
>Chalk up a radiation symbol in the circle
>Download the full soundtrack of GNR, have it playing in the background
>Arrange for someone else to dress up in a Vault 77 jumpsuit and decapitate you as a sacrifice to Bethesda
>We all rejoice as Todd Howard accepts your sacrifice and releases Fallout 4
>I bring a copy of the game to your open-casket funeral, so that you make bring it with you to the afterlife
>You leap out of the casket and tear the game from my hands
>MFW you were merely pretending
#105 to #50 - John Cena (04/29/2014) [-]
Does the fact that I recognize where and what that R34 is from mean I have been on the internet for way too long?
#77 to #50 - John Cena (04/29/2014) [-]
sauce on pic?
#161 to #77 - kabasta (04/29/2014) [-]
Google Nikraria
#62 to #50 - grimmwaters ONLINE (04/29/2014) [-]
Masterful
#1 - evilhomer (04/28/2014) [-]
Video game technology is growing so fast it's amazing. Like almost 10 years ago you were playing San Andreas, F.E.A.R. and **** like that and you thought it looked amazing and it was the tightest **** ever those games are still the bomb . And the quality is only gonna keep progressing. The future is bright for videogames....
On a semi related not I'm so ******* stoked for Watch_Dogs
#67 to #1 - Silthrim (04/29/2014) [-]
I still play San Andreas to this day, Especially its DayZ Mod. :>
User avatar #88 to #1 - rowdeemunkee (04/29/2014) [-]
Technology is great, but many developers are forgetting core ideas. lately we are getting some great side scrollers, or other indie games like that, that are **** graphics but have amazing game play. Look at minecraft, or wolf among us. The tech needed for these games we have had for years, sure photo realism is cool but i tend to not notice grahics after an hour of play. Id rather play Half Life over COD Ghosts.



TLDR Rant about where modern video games are going
#94 to #1 - mooghens (04/29/2014) [-]
>San Andreas   
>Looked amazing   
gameplay was the only thing that game did right. The graphics engine was outdated even when GTA 3 came out,  and it continued to be an even greater laughing stock as time passed. Especially when you consider that games like Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven came out in the same year as GTA 3.
>San Andreas
>Looked amazing
gameplay was the only thing that game did right. The graphics engine was outdated even when GTA 3 came out, and it continued to be an even greater laughing stock as time passed. Especially when you consider that games like Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven came out in the same year as GTA 3.
#2 to #1 - nyawgga (04/28/2014) [-]
I don't know man. I think video games have gone as far as they can go, because the devs these days are just ******* lazy/greedy as **** , and will pump out anything as long as they can get the fanbase hyped up enough about it.

The only people that seem to give a **** are the indie developers, but they can't finish their games fast enough before going bankrupt, so they have to release it as Early Access, and rarely ever get finished past the beta phase before abandoning it altogether..
#3 to #2 - evilhomer (04/28/2014) [-]
"Everything that can be invented has been invented"    
-Charles Holland Duell- 1899   
Most of them are but as you said there are people who care and move forward. But not all big developers are good for nothing slobs. Like have you seen Ubisofts new SnowDrop engine  dat snowdrop engine err mah gawd... . The progress might be slow but with better technology developers can be even more creative on games knowing the fact that they can in deed make all  if not most  of the things they and the consumer want. So in conclusion I somewhat politely disagree with your arguments because saying that games have gone as far as they can go is quite foolish.
"Everything that can be invented has been invented"
-Charles Holland Duell- 1899
Most of them are but as you said there are people who care and move forward. But not all big developers are good for nothing slobs. Like have you seen Ubisofts new SnowDrop engine dat snowdrop engine err mah gawd... . The progress might be slow but with better technology developers can be even more creative on games knowing the fact that they can in deed make all if not most of the things they and the consumer want. So in conclusion I somewhat politely disagree with your arguments because saying that games have gone as far as they can go is quite foolish.
#34 to #2 - intrepidy ONLINE (04/29/2014) [-]
Yeah, that's not true at all. Ask atari
User avatar #4 to #1 - stifflimb (04/28/2014) [-]
Yeah, I use the elder scrolls releases to compare how graphics has evolved and it always blows my mind when I go back and check!
Just imagine another 5-8 years!
User avatar #11 to #1 - kilotech (04/29/2014) [-]
Watch dogs is releasing 3 days after my birthday, happy birthday to me

FJoverjoyedasbrotellsstory.png
#6 to #1 - darkrebellion (04/28/2014) [-]
The Witcher 3. That's all I'm going to say.
#109 to #6 - tkfourtwoone ONLINE (04/29/2014) [-]
W to the Wiedzmin, ***** !
#8 to #1 - bothemastaofall (04/28/2014) [-]
Not really. Game devs keep putting focus on better graphics instead of more game.   
Elder Scrolls, Oblivion, and Skyrim all take place on the same size map   
Shivering Isles is bigger than Dragonborn island.   
Shooters have been 10 hour campaigns for the past 15 years with no major evolutions in story telling sice HL2 and Cod 4.   
Final Fantasy. Yeah the future looks bright for JRPG's. pfffft.   
Everybody keeps copying the same 			****		 tier ideas as everyone else, and forcing drm, microtransactions, and online play on absolutely everything.   
All the latest hits are because of marketing. Bioshock Infinite, Halo 4, Watch Dogs, GTA V, and Titanfall basically told me they were going to be successful before they even released.   
The only ones with the money/dev teams capable of pulling off games like we've never seen before are going to be cockblocked every step of the way by executives with too much money to risk. Resulting game will be ok at best, but with a ton of room for improvement.
Not really. Game devs keep putting focus on better graphics instead of more game.
Elder Scrolls, Oblivion, and Skyrim all take place on the same size map
Shivering Isles is bigger than Dragonborn island.
Shooters have been 10 hour campaigns for the past 15 years with no major evolutions in story telling sice HL2 and Cod 4.
Final Fantasy. Yeah the future looks bright for JRPG's. pfffft.
Everybody keeps copying the same **** tier ideas as everyone else, and forcing drm, microtransactions, and online play on absolutely everything.
All the latest hits are because of marketing. Bioshock Infinite, Halo 4, Watch Dogs, GTA V, and Titanfall basically told me they were going to be successful before they even released.
The only ones with the money/dev teams capable of pulling off games like we've never seen before are going to be cockblocked every step of the way by executives with too much money to risk. Resulting game will be ok at best, but with a ton of room for improvement.
User avatar #57 to #8 - huszti (04/29/2014) [-]
that's why i love indie games.
you can feel the love they've put into the game.
not every indie game might be good but the ones that are are just awesome
#160 to #57 - lankyman (04/29/2014) [-]
Totes agree with you
But indie developers also share dickish qualities with their AAA counterparts
Earth: Year 2066 for example.
User avatar #139 to #57 - thefunnyside (04/29/2014) [-]
"Don't starve" Kicked ass
#144 to #139 - khorneation (04/29/2014) [-]
Holy **** best indie game i have ever played
User avatar #145 to #144 - thefunnyside (04/29/2014) [-]
I like you
User avatar #136 to #57 - dinonator (04/29/2014) [-]
NEW: CALL OF DAYZ CRAFT.

pre-alpha, 40 dollars.
User avatar #29 to #17 - dubscausedthis (04/29/2014) [-]
I was also thinking of posting that vid, I love game theory.
User avatar #81 to #17 - bothemastaofall (04/29/2014) [-]
He never takes into account two things.
Profit ratio
Marketing budget.

People WANT better more innovative games, but people BUY what's in front of them. Every game series he mentions started off as innovative, but once proven successful, the budget increased. As sequels were made, useless features were added to each game out of "necessity". Because less risks could be taken, the only features added were stuff like create a class, multiplayer, perks, etc...
User avatar #170 to #8 - Mortuus (04/29/2014) [-]
Bethesda tends to rely upon their stories to carry their games' lack of interesting gameplay. While Skyrim innovated slightly upon the previous iterations, the rest of the game was sorely lacking.

On the other hand, Oblivion was a massive improvement on Morrowind, in terms of gameplay, graphics, and overall quality.

I feel that the next Fallout and Elder Scrolls games will be massive improvements upon the previous generations, not because I'm a blind fanboy, but because they're no longer constricted by 32-bit consoles. With a 64-bit game, modding will be easier, they can make the games more detailed, and allow for improvements in a vast number of fields that were previously restricted by consoles.
#164 to #8 - John Cena (04/29/2014) [-]
Oblivion had bigger map tho.... and more armor/weapon/skill/spells too. also much better horse riding. the only thing actually better in skyrim is the animation and graphics.

oh and Shivering Isles was the **** ..they can't really top that.
User avatar #133 to #8 - mutzaki (04/29/2014) [-]
"Pop gaming" is for the most part made up of the exact same components. It's some kind of mix between zombies, parkour, stealth, crafting, shooting, mass raiding (à la Bioshock, The Last of Us, and so forth), a version of Eagle Vision, etc. There are many more clichés that are constantly rehashed, but eh, it's what the people want.
I'd say Nintendo is by far the best at not constantly following those mindless trends, and that's partially why I love Nintendo so much.
#120 to #8 - John Cena (04/29/2014) [-]
And I'm still struggling with seeing my favourite franchise get **** all over by EA (Battlefield, not The Sims).

For some reason game companies seem to be able to release and unfinished and broken product, sell it at full price and suffer no consequences because the customers are happy to pay that price and just wait for patches.

This happens in literally no other consumer markets.
User avatar #108 to #8 - tkfourtwoone ONLINE (04/29/2014) [-]
Well, FarCry 3 did it right, mostly...

I mean, prancing around in that jungle, blowing **** up and hunting the ever living **** out of animals IS fun.
#61 to #8 - tvspel (04/29/2014) [-]
Fun fact: Apparently System Shock 2 has a multiplayer feature only because EA forced it the developers to include it. That's close to 15 years ago.

Worth mentioning is that I don't know if it's true or not. I read it on a forum where someone mentioned that the game is meant to be played solo, and because of that the developers had no real intentions of including multiplayer. It wouldn't suprise me if it's true, the game sucks in multiplayer.
User avatar #54 to #8 - timelordjam (04/29/2014) [-]
Im gonna have a conversation with you whether you like it or not. I agree with some of those and some...not so much.

but first i finish my sausage rolls
#172 to #54 - bothemastaofall (04/29/2014) [-]
dem's some long sausage rolls
User avatar #173 to #172 - timelordjam (04/29/2014) [-]
I finished and i fell asleep

now we converse....

but im watching the other guys

1 hour-ish left
User avatar #49 to #8 - yellowcardraiden (04/29/2014) [-]
Metal Gear Solid V looks promising. I loved Ground Zeroes.
#48 to #8 - TurtleOnItsBack (04/29/2014) [-]
I don't want to come off as edgy or anything, but I liked the blocky graphics of the PS2 era a lot better for some reason
User avatar #42 to #8 - doctorstein (04/29/2014) [-]
But, the future is looking very bright for JRPGs, such as the upcoming game Persona 5. Now, I'm not a violent man, but I will slit someone's throat and **** the hole before I let someone rob me of that experience.
#15 to #8 - John Cena (04/29/2014) [-]
Well if you only play those triple A titles then yeah.
#45 - EjaculationMan (04/29/2014) [-]
this green ***** right here still my favorite.
#98 to #45 - thisisfunn (04/29/2014) [-]
Lookout!
User avatar #107 to #45 - tkfourtwoone ONLINE (04/29/2014) [-]
Farts & whistles, my friend. Farts & whistles...
User avatar #65 to #45 - fonzythekid ONLINE (04/29/2014) [-]
ABE
#127 - thewasteland ONLINE (04/29/2014) [-]
Just wait till he sees EA or as i call them "Extreme Assholes"
#129 to #127 - kylemanzzz (04/29/2014) [-]
ONYNG 			****		 YEAH
ONYNG **** YEAH
#87 - thelastelephant ONLINE (04/29/2014) [-]
Every time I contemplate suicide, my immediate next thought is "But you have Destiny on pre-order."

Although after Bungie terminated Marty O'Donnell without cause, I don't know if I'll get it. Marty's music is beyond godly.
#101 to #87 - thisisfunn (04/29/2014) [-]
Just keep preordering good games so you never feel the urge
#130 to #87 - kylemanzzz (04/29/2014) [-]
Dont forget that kingdom hearts 3 is coming out, you gotta get that.
#142 to #87 - kroople (04/29/2014) [-]
Game looks more and more average everytime I see it...
User avatar #163 to #87 - harbingerwolf (04/29/2014) [-]
Excellent choise currently preordering stranger...

Although im a bit doubtful of the game, the amazing visuals are completely let down by the ******** borderlands style flying numbers and health bars. I really hope there's an option to turn it off, with a universe like that you want it to be immersive not a constant reminder you're just playing a game.
User avatar #169 to #163 - thelastelephant ONLINE (04/29/2014) [-]
I just got Dark Souls II, so I have to finish that before I die and by die, I mean before another game comes out
#102 to #87 - John Cena (04/29/2014) [-]
Don't do it yo
It could always have been worse
the moment you start feeling sorry for yourself you lose the battle

You control your own faith, your own actions, heck your own life man
We live in a crazy time
Don't waste it
(was suicidal b4, not now, changed for the better)
User avatar #116 to #102 - gainesy (04/29/2014) [-]
well done, Anon
#96 to #87 - thisisfunn (04/29/2014) [-]
dont do it buddy
#106 to #87 - John Cena (04/29/2014) [-]
No but suicide is bad
#103 to #87 - tacticalbacon (04/29/2014) [-]
Bungi got rid of Martin? lame
#150 - brokentoaster (04/29/2014) [-]
**brokentoaster rolled image** mfw video games in 30 years
**brokentoaster rolled image** mfw video games in 30 years
User avatar #91 - gomugomuno (04/29/2014) [-]
i told my friend that if im ever in a coma don't pull the plug.cause when i wake up i will enjoy catching up on all the one piece episodes
#97 to #60 - thisisfunn (04/29/2014) [-]
XD
#9 - carlonord ONLINE (04/29/2014) [-]
Have some Star Citizen. There used to be better pictures than this, but I can't find the thread.

Keep in mind this is Pre-Alpha - Alpha stage.
User avatar #55 to #9 - timelordjam (04/29/2014) [-]
I can't wait for the modding community to jump on this, i really ******* REALLY WANT THIS
#100 to #9 - waffies (04/29/2014) [-]
but dude.... the helmet!
but dude.... the helmet!
#111 - mrhadrick (04/29/2014) [-]
first thing i thought of
inb4 paint skills off chart
#126 to #111 - chart (04/29/2014) [-]
Please get them off.
User avatar #134 to #111 - givememoarpony (04/29/2014) [-]
paint skills off chart
#21 - infinitereaper ONLINE (04/29/2014) [-]
Not impressed until virtual reality RPG
Not impressed until virtual reality RPG
#165 to #21 - chiopet (04/29/2014) [-]
Until this happens
User avatar #26 to #21 - burninghellion (04/29/2014) [-]
Liked Log Horizon, gave thumb +1
#47 to #26 - Awesomenessniss (04/29/2014) [-]
Don't like the show, just have this gif.
Don't like the show, just have this gif.
#104 to #47 - garaichu (04/29/2014) [-]
Contributan
Contributan
#27 to #26 - infinitereaper ONLINE (04/29/2014) [-]
Pretty cool that the author visited /a/ all those times. Pretty cool guy, the fans should support him.
User avatar #46 to #27 - chocolatepuppy (04/29/2014) [-]
the hdness of that pic is awesome
#74 - evebishop (04/29/2014) [-]
I keep whispering to myself "Please God don't suck, please don't suck..." when thinking about WatchDogs...I was so disappointed with Thief, and Assassin's creed black flag was good (not great) but I really really want an awesome PS4 game
User avatar #76 to #74 - earlploddington (04/29/2014) [-]
if you're that desperate to justify the purchase of a ps4 why didn't you wait until there were any decent games out on it
User avatar #78 to #76 - evebishop (04/29/2014) [-]
My boyfriend and I put in together to get a PS4 when it first released (perhaps not the brightest move in retrospect) and it was his gift to me and this is the first time I've ever owned the newest system...so it's kind of a personal thing.

The graphics were beautiful in Thief and the mechanics seemed to work well it was just poorly designed. Assassin's Creed was loads of fun and pretty, I spent weeks just doing random quests and wondering about but I never really liked the main character and I felt the story was lacking. I just really want WatchDogs to be awesome...I also thought WatchDogs would come out around the same time as the PS4 (before the delay) so it would be my first game
User avatar #79 to #78 - earlploddington (04/29/2014) [-]
Eh, fair enough. I think Warframe's coming to PS4 and that's a pretty awesome game if you have the free time, as is Awesomenauts so, y'know, maybe there's still some good stuff coming
User avatar #92 to #74 - fuzzyballs (04/29/2014) [-]
black flag wasn't good, it was okay
it was just more of the same game, but with a pirate theme and another boring story, that wasn't even correct
User avatar #93 to #74 - eastsidebacc (04/29/2014) [-]
I just bought one and have been playing as many games as ******* possible, so I HIGHLY recommend Infamous:Second Son the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
User avatar #83 to #74 - djabelincoln (04/29/2014) [-]
Infamous: Second Son. Enough said.
User avatar #84 to #83 - evebishop (04/29/2014) [-]
Not super sure about that one....everything I've seen about the main character makes me really not want to deal with him for an entire game. Though if I need a game that's my fall back
User avatar #85 to #84 - djabelincoln (04/29/2014) [-]
His characteristics and interactions with the other characters make up a huge part of the game, making the good and evil endings that much better in their own unique way.
#86 to #74 - niggletjones (04/29/2014) [-]
I really liked Black Flag but maybe that's just me.

It's not the absolute best AC story but then again the standards are pretty high in the AC franchise. Gameplay was sick though.


On a more relevant note ubisoft most likely made the delay because they wanted to add more NPC's and personalities to the game so that you at least wouldn't run in to the same 3 people around every corner.
They did say the game was practically done by the actual release date.

Hopefully they will also hardware optimize it.
#154 - spanishninja (04/29/2014) [-]
>looked way better at E3
>E3
E-F-G-H
0-1-2- 3
>H3

Half-Life 3 Confirmed
#141 - thefunnyside (04/29/2014) [-]
I'm actually excited for Watch_Dogs   
   
   
   
 Please don't hurt me
I'm actually excited for Watch_Dogs



Please don't hurt me
User avatar #156 to #141 - MysticTomatoe (04/29/2014) [-]
Ha. At least you didn't pre-order it for the Wii U.... like me
#162 to #156 - John Cena (04/29/2014) [-]
so what happened? DId you get your money back?
User avatar #158 to #156 - thefunnyside (04/29/2014) [-]
I pre-ordered the PC version.
Vigilante edition
It summed up to how much the game will cost when it comes out
So I got a hat and mask for free
what am I doing with my life
User avatar #153 to #141 - chenn (04/29/2014) [-]
Me too. It looks pretty good.
#148 - John Cena (04/29/2014) [-]
> Come out of a coma after decades
> Have to go back to sleep again after about a couple days, max; can only stay awake for so long
> I'd be afraid to go back to sleep, what if you slipped back into a coma?
> Plus it would feel a bit odd; just woke up after decades of sleeping, then gotta go right back to sleep again after a normal period of being awake for a day, even though I'm supposed to. It would just feel weird
[ 172 comments ]
Leave a comment
 Friends (0)