Click to expand
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
User avatar #1 - KayRed (08/20/2013) [-]
I'm Gonna do an physics-english double major (if I end up having to do a fifth year), which I think will give me an advantage over other graduates, so it's not totally useless, as long as you use it in a supplementary fashion (granted, I am talking out of my ass).
#21 to #1 - gorak (08/20/2013) [-]
you'll be the most qualified mc donalds employee ever
User avatar #4 to #1 - darksideofthebeast (08/20/2013) [-]
an physics?
User avatar #19 to #4 - dedaluminus (08/20/2013) [-]
Like an hero, but with singularities and bosons and ****
#17 to #4 - anewererbeggining **User deleted account** has deleted their comment [-]
User avatar #7 to #4 - KayRed (08/20/2013) [-]
The fault of my typing, I have a high WPM, and I don't like to check of comments on the internet.
User avatar #11 to #7 - darksideofthebeast (08/20/2013) [-]
It happens to the best of us.
User avatar #13 to #11 - KayRed (08/20/2013) [-]
See, I did it again.
#22 to #13 - lyphowut (08/20/2013) [-]
Can you have a high WPM if what you're saying is incoherent? English 1101 tip: Proof read.
User avatar #23 to #22 - KayRed (08/20/2013) [-]
Well, it's a good thing we're on the internet, and not someplace where I'd actually need to proof read.
User avatar #2 to #1 - demented (08/20/2013) [-]
So what'e you going to do with a Physics degree?
User avatar #3 to #2 - KayRed (08/20/2013) [-]
I have no ******* idea...
User avatar #5 to #3 - demented (08/20/2013) [-]
That doesn't make me feel any better as I get closer to getting mine
User avatar #6 to #5 - KayRed (08/20/2013) [-]
You can always work for an engineering firm, or teach. As for me, I forget what the actually name for it is called, but colleges need people to write request for grants for various departments, figured with an english degree, I can do that for a school, so they'll pay to get my masters.
User avatar #8 to #6 - demented (08/20/2013) [-]
I was thinking of doing research for a while and then possibly teaching after I got my masters
User avatar #9 to #8 - KayRed (08/20/2013) [-]
Only problem with teaching is that kids suck, but yea, research sounds like it would be fun, but you really gotta suck up to your professors now to get a position like that.
User avatar #10 to #9 - demented (08/20/2013) [-]
**** kids I'll be a college professor or write books
User avatar #12 to #10 - KayRed (08/20/2013) [-]
That's the dream there. I would love to be a college teacher, if only while I get a post grad degree.

Or write, as you said, and that's where the english degree comes in.
User avatar #14 to #12 - demented (08/20/2013) [-]
The nice part is that I'm both a good writer and a decent orator so I have that going for me
a lot of people tell me I should do voice work
User avatar #15 to #14 - KayRed (08/20/2013) [-]
With my philly accent, I am barely comprehensible, but with some of the professors I have, clearly ability to speak english is not an issue.
 Friends (0)