WORLD WAR 2 FACTS. Facts primarily about the Eastern Front, because it is my hobby. Enjoy!. World War II facts Abiding the command of great Admin, I to contribu world War 2 eastern front Instamood Instaswag Instacancer dat facts doe
x
Click to expand

WORLD WAR 2 FACTS

WORLD WAR 2 FACTS. Facts primarily about the Eastern Front, because it is my hobby. Enjoy!. World War II facts Abiding the command of great Admin, I to contribu

Facts primarily about the Eastern Front, because it is my hobby. Enjoy!

World War II facts
Abiding the command of great Admin, I to contribute some on
Although at frest sight a realistic photo. this is screenshot of a scene in the "Hi I
which translates into "Come and See" It is considered to be one of the most realistic and
maybe best about the Second World War. If TPB ism blocked in your conutry I suggest
on 20 see it lam inital the weird Sane! may offering. IEA quite accurate.
This photo ism staged: on the photo you can see a soviet company in Stalingrad, September
1942. The soldier in the Sun the inn is canning a stolen German , The
in the Window on the rightness got hit. This is an original picture from Sons! archives,
The photo. among others. remained hidden for decades, as photos like these couldhave a
effect On the Soviet population and where therefore not published.
A German the capitulation in february 1943. The Germans lost
their entire all army in this battle. the surviving 200. 000 being captured and sent to
Siberia. Just met 6000 prisoners of war to . which took some up to 20 years
to accent u lish
A German soldier, A Soviet gun in the Ruins of Stalingrad
The weapon is excellent for close - combat, and A - in the army told
that the PPSH it om also jam less than their German counterpane. the 40
Perhaps the most famous photo of the Second World War, Soviet [loops raise the Soviet
flag over ms . the Parlament This is the original picture. In the pleura
published by the Soviets, Show it below. the compass on the right atkin of the soldier on the right
has been been V mm Photoshopped. because Soviet authorities feared people would think
the soldier is n eating two watches. this the Red Army had been looling.
Had in fact been [rooting ti ith Taping almost A million Prissier( Gerdur)
women to death in 1945( go ahead. look it up)
Thumb if you enjoyed some for Funnyjunk!
...
  • Recommend tagsx
+1391
Views: 59774 Favorited: 202 Submitted: 05/13/2014
Share On Facebook
Add to favorites Subscribe to yellowpedobear submit to reddit

Comments(310):

[ 310 comments ]
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
#34 - exclamation (05/14/2014) [-]
More 1945 shopping

Now you see him
User avatar #84 to #34 - nocta (05/14/2014) [-]
who's that guy btw? inb4 stalin
User avatar #94 to #84 - matrixone (05/14/2014) [-]
Liev Trotsky, Stalin decided to make him a ghost of a man after the guy ran away.

Then he ordered his assassination. And the assassin tracked Liev to Mexico where he did the job.

Trust me, I went to high school.
#190 to #94 - MasterL (05/14/2014) [-]
I assume he meant the man that got photoshopped out of the picture. You can see Trotsky standing on the left of Stalin.
The guy who is shopped out of it is actually Nikolai Yezhov, compare with this picture <<
From wikipedia: "He was head of the NKVD from 1936 to 1938, during the most severe period of Stalin's Great Purge. After presiding over mass arrests and executions during the Great Purge, Yezhov ironically became a victim of it. He was arrested, confessed under torture to a range of anti-Soviet activity, and was executed in 1940. By the beginning of World War II, his status within the Soviet Union became that of a political unperson. Among art historians, he has the nickname "The Vanishing Commissar" because after his execution, his likeness was retouched out of an official press photo; he is among the best known examples of the Soviet press making someone who had fallen out of favor "disappear". "
User avatar #200 to #190 - fukkendragonite (05/14/2014) [-]
You're right, I couldn't remember whether it was Yezhov or Yagoda. If memory (and my education) serves me correctly, both guys led massive purges on Stalins behalf, killed their predecessor, and was also killed by their successor. Stalin's policy was get a guy to commit mass murder against potential spies, get someone else to do the job and have him kill the current guy, cover up the death of the old guy, repeat.
User avatar #99 to #94 - nocta (05/14/2014) [-]
hmm allright, thanks, i also went to highschool, i just didnt study that, i mean they didnt gave us that to study
#166 to #84 - fukkendragonite (05/14/2014) [-]
Colonel Sanders. Don't believe the guy below me, the guy in the pic is definitely the founder of KFC- Kentucky Fried Communism
User avatar #296 to #166 - nocta (05/15/2014) [-]
i knew it!
#35 to #34 - exclamation (05/14/2014) [-]
Now you don't.
#72 to #35 - Rascal (05/14/2014) [-]
lol they were damn good
#1 - schnizel (05/13/2014) [-]
Nice post OP
Nice post OP
#22 to #1 - keltainenlumi (05/13/2014) [-]
Damn sexy hitler
#29 to #1 - gtocforyou (05/14/2014) [-]
Comment Picture
#12 - youngrichninjah (05/13/2014) [-]
It never jammed due to superior Russian weapon techniques
User avatar #37 to #12 - exclamation (05/14/2014) [-]
I read that with the drum, they did.
#76 to #42 - trevanman (05/14/2014) [-]
armor like mine
mine

MFW
#11 - nagasadow ONLINE (05/13/2014) [-]
User avatar #5 - captainpatters (05/13/2014) [-]
The eastern front is bizarre, both sides are considered immensely wicked.

Of course I'm glad the Soviets won, and of course this is coming from a western post cold war mind set.

What I will say, I would take life in Hitlers Germany over Stalins Russia any day.
User avatar #15 to #5 - carlonord (05/13/2014) [-]
As long as you weren't Jewish, it might not have been so bad possibly. Though there's the matter that a lot of the politicians were corrupt and powerful.
User avatar #31 to #15 - thegrimgenius (05/14/2014) [-]
Many jews in the military were given the title of honorary Aryan, didn't have to be a non-jew, just had to be coo.
#136 to #15 - myjunk (05/14/2014) [-]
That's not true. Not only Jews were sent to the camps, but also Sinti & Roma people (back then called Gypsies) homosexuals, mentally or physically disabled, criminals and opposition members.
User avatar #283 to #136 - carlonord (05/14/2014) [-]
Let me rephrase that, as long as you were working, not gay, and not a gypsy/jew, things were ok.
#156 to #136 - Rascal (05/14/2014) [-]
Physically/mentally disabled or ill people were usually killed right away.

Pic related a bus which they used for these people
User avatar #66 to #15 - joshuagutierrez (05/14/2014) [-]
My name is Joshua Gutierrez, I am a Mexican-American and of no Aryan descent. How would I be safe in a Nazi society? Just because I'm not of Jewish descent I'd have been be safe from genocide?
#77 to #66 - snaigen (05/14/2014) [-]
Hitler wasn't against everything "non-aryan". The Wehrmacht had several divisions of other countries.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffen-SS_foreign_volunteers_and_conscripts#List_by_nation_and_unit
User avatar #309 to #77 - joshuagutierrez (05/16/2014) [-]
This is the Waffen-SS and how they allowed volunteers from around Europe, but I see your point. Do you think Hitler would have ended up killing these volunteers after the war was over to succeed in his goal for a pure Aryan world or would have let them live?
User avatar #19 to #5 - StewieGGriffin (05/13/2014) [-]
Why Hitler? Stalin killed more people, and they were his own people.
User avatar #38 to #19 - exclamation (05/14/2014) [-]
Stalin was a paranoid dickhead. He killed his rivals (or sent them to work camps) in the party because he feared he'd be politically overthrown. He wasn't very tall or grandiose, either.
User avatar #26 to #19 - demcupcakes (05/14/2014) [-]
that's exactly what he was going for. He would rather be in germany.
User avatar #28 to #26 - StewieGGriffin (05/14/2014) [-]
Thanks for pointing that out, I missread what he said, I thought he'd prefer to take Hitlers life.
#138 to #5 - myjunk (05/14/2014) [-]
Not all of the Allied forces were that glad, that the russians won. That's why they helped rebuild Germany to be able to stop the russians if they were to invade western Europe.
#178 to #138 - Rascal (05/14/2014) [-]
+ commuism
#219 to #5 - Rascal (05/14/2014) [-]
Actually, for normal people you would be pretty safe in the Soviet Union. If you looked away from the economical problems and the famines of course, not that it isn't big things. Being a farmer was hard though.

But living in a city:
> Free healthcare and education.
> Everyone could go chill at the beach during the summer. EVERYONE.
> Guaranteed work (for better or for worse)
Of course it would be a ****** life because of:
> Propaganda and censorship
> Speaking up against the regime would mean Siberia.
> Famines and shortages because of planned economy.
User avatar #143 to #5 - nigeltheoutlaw (05/14/2014) [-]
As long as you weren't a Jew, Slav, black, gay, communist, or dissident, then you'd be okay in Nazi Germany. Women also didn't have it particularly well.
#152 to #143 - Rascal (05/14/2014) [-]
That thing about Slavs is wrong.

Slavs fought for Hitler in the SS.

Women played a very important back then. Since all men were in the war someone had to run the factories.

Life was good for people that fitted in.. but as you said gays for example were violently hunted...
User avatar #310 to #152 - yarr (05/20/2014) [-]
Well. Jews fought for Hitler as well. Doesn't mean it's wrong that Jews were killed?
User avatar #18 to #5 - wotterpatch (05/13/2014) [-]
As long as you weren't a jew or a russian in Hitlers germany, you were pretty safe

Nobody in stalinist russia was safe
#212 to #18 - Rascal (05/14/2014) [-]
It would still be pretty **** . You ran the risk of getting castrated or gassed for things like having a mental dissorder.
#208 to #18 - Rascal (05/14/2014) [-]
Unless you had a different political opinion than the regime.
0
#135 to #18 - myjunk has deleted their comment [-]
#44 - warlockrichard ONLINE (05/14/2014) [-]
#87 - poorjew (05/14/2014) [-]
It's "Der Reichstag" not das.
Translated in German we would use "dem" :
Sowjetische Truppen hissen ihre Flagge über dem Reichstag"
#90 to #87 - wedgehead (05/14/2014) [-]
Vielen Dank für diese Richtigstellung.
#13 - szatan (05/13/2014) [-]
More about 4th fact:
MP40(mistakenly called Schmeisser) was kinda failed project. Extremely delicate mechanism cause it to jam at almost every occasion. Overheat- jam. Dust and dirt- jam. Cartridge placed too hard- jam. Also german soldiers claimed that it was pain in the ass to clean it. Also, lack of single shot option makes it useless on longer distance.
On the other hand, PPSh-41(Pistolet-Pulemyot Shpagina which means Shpagin machine pistol and 41 is the year of introduction) was almost mace that shoot bullets. It was very hard to broke its due to simple design and rough made and almost no need to cleaning it.
And some other useless facts:
- MP40 was first firearm with synthetic parts.
- round cardrige in PPSh is a myth.

sorry for my bad english btw
User avatar #63 to #13 - joshuagutierrez (05/14/2014) [-]
lol it okey

Seriously though, that was a good read.
User avatar #145 to #13 - nigeltheoutlaw (05/14/2014) [-]
Say what you want about the Russians, but they make pretty damned good firearms.
User avatar #240 to #13 - riggyrigs (05/14/2014) [-]
how are round cartridges a myth? there's one in the picture
#246 to #240 - szatan (05/14/2014) [-]
Yep, the appears on many pictures but all who used them claim they were uncomfortable as **** and they was used more as propaganda than in real fights.
1. Lack of good grip. You can't hold it by barrel, because was hot. You can't also hold it by cardridge, because it was uncomfortable and interfere aim.
2.Difficult reloading. Having 71 rounds is cool, but only when you removing wurst from motherland. When it comes to loading them to cardridge(especially on battlefield). And when you end doing this, theres special spring that need to be skew every time before placing cardridge.

In fact more popular was 35 rounds, banan shape cardridges(pic releted) initially given to tank crews and later to all soldiers.
User avatar #248 to #246 - riggyrigs (05/14/2014) [-]
yeah i know banana cartridge thanks to red orchestra
User avatar #68 to #13 - mikhailovych (05/14/2014) [-]
to add to this guy the PPSh was actually originally built from metal off cuts in tank factories for maximum economical efficiency
User avatar #60 to #13 - hor (05/14/2014) [-]
The way you worded this made it really easy to read in a Russian accent, which makes it 20 times better.
User avatar #91 to #62 - wedgehead (05/14/2014) [-]
Next up: Stalinorgel.
User avatar #185 to #43 - kilotech (05/14/2014) [-]
I love this because everyone called it a flamethrower yet only germans have this joke
#6 - letrollzor (05/13/2014) [-]
The Russians were basically as bad as the Nazis in my opinion. Nice comp tho, need more of this.
The Russians were basically as bad as the Nazis in my opinion. Nice comp tho, need more of this.
User avatar #202 to #6 - gunthar (05/14/2014) [-]
i believe that russians send the ********* people to invade germany, mongols i think.
User avatar #231 to #6 - hypnoso (05/14/2014) [-]
Jelly M'urica wasn't mentioned?
Do they still teach in United States of Overweight that Captiuan America won the WW2?

Russian soldiers rape along as any other army does including US and more>
oh please don't forget the Iran Prison where prisoners where tortured to death
User avatar #294 to #231 - theladystrangler (05/14/2014) [-]
Vladimir plz go
User avatar #236 to #231 - motherduck (05/14/2014) [-]
Russian detected
User avatar #195 to #6 - theshadowed (05/14/2014) [-]
Well so were the Japanese
User avatar #55 to #6 - theladystrangler (05/14/2014) [-]
Stalin was 10x worse than Hitler, communism has killed over 100 million people to date and the Nazi's were in the right for hating it.
User avatar #160 to #55 - fukkendragonite (05/14/2014) [-]
Stalin is not responsible for the majority of that 100 million though, nor did he create the idea of Communism. Misleading.

But even with the close to 20 million deaths that Stalin is reportedly responsible for, he was indeed worse.
User avatar #293 to #160 - theladystrangler (05/14/2014) [-]
I didn't mean to imply the faults of communism were Stalin's fault, but yeah.
The # of people dying because of Stalin and communism in general is debatable, it depends on what you define as "killing"
Most of those deaths can be attributed to communism's inability to feed people.
User avatar #74 to #6 - topperharly (05/14/2014) [-]
didnt winston churchill said something like "we killed the wrong pic" when it comes to stalin
#218 to #74 - firesky (05/14/2014) [-]
He hated him allready before WW2. Altough he asked him to send him Ararat cognac on a regular base.
User avatar #201 to #6 - fjaggot (05/14/2014) [-]
They were actually way worse. Stalin killed way more people than Hitler did I'm Lithuanian an we have been occupied by them for 50 years so we learn a lot about that in history lessons
User avatar #82 to #6 - rarityrarityrarity (05/14/2014) [-]
there is no "bad" in war, everyone fights for their beliefs.
User avatar #27 to #6 - sphincterface ONLINE (05/14/2014) [-]
The Soviets killed more people in their work camps than the Nazis did. Also, the Nazis followed a code of honor and dignity. There are many cases of them treated prisoners and enemies with respect. The Russians on the other hand were much more brutal to enemies and prisoners, and also didn't care much about their own casualties, using the tactic of throwing massive waves of troops at enemies until they won.
User avatar #52 to #27 - dingdongpancakes (05/14/2014) [-]
They were brutal because of how Soviet POWs were treated. In Mien Kampf Hitler stated that the Slavic people (Russians, Ukrainians, Belorussian, Serbs, ect.) were subhuman and should be eradicated and their land used for "Living space" for the german people. It wasn't the front line troops doing the raping and **** , they had to keep on the enemies ass the whole time. The rear echelon troops did all that. Both sides raped and pillaged, simple as that.
#64 to #52 - schnizel (05/14/2014) [-]
Get rekt m8
The Soviets did that.
The Germans were at war with the communists, not the slavs.
User avatar #292 to #64 - dingdongpancakes (05/14/2014) [-]
That is true Schnizel, but it is true a majority of the population in the occupied areas of the USSR were slavs.
#297 to #292 - schnizel (05/15/2014) [-]
WW2 justified by former German soldiers
I know.
And over 90% of the SS did not even hate slavs, and the SS were the hardcore Hitlers fanatics.
User avatar #304 to #297 - dingdongpancakes (05/15/2014) [-]
Well i mean hey, orders are orders.
#65 to #52 - schnizel (05/14/2014) [-]
Also, be advised.
#209 to #27 - jippythebandit (05/14/2014) [-]
Implying that germans didn't rape and pillage. Look up some facts
#20 to #6 - leafonthewind (05/13/2014) [-]
implying the Nazis are bad
on funnyjunk
you have much to learn
User avatar #61 to #6 - therealtjthemedic (05/14/2014) [-]
Everyone in that war was ******* horrible. Nobody was the good guy.
User avatar #142 to #61 - nigeltheoutlaw (05/14/2014) [-]
nuh uh, merica was the good guy!
#217 to #142 - firesky (05/14/2014) [-]
One of the older members of my sports club who was a kid during the occupation after the war told me he prefered the Soviets over the Americans as they didn't act all cocky and **** .
User avatar #234 to #217 - nigeltheoutlaw (05/14/2014) [-]
I was just joking.
#252 to #234 - firesky (05/14/2014) [-]
I know, just wanted to share a story for the butthurt people thumbing you down.
User avatar #24 to #6 - berkut (05/14/2014) [-]
They were even worse.
User avatar #103 to #24 - carnivora (05/14/2014) [-]
You are right. My grandma told me stories about how she went through both - German and Soviet army occupation of her village. She said that if she can compare then Germans were better and more polite. Soviet army was looting, occupying houses of families (there was one story about how her mother better wore veil on her head "to not provoke" lust of Russian soldiers (sorry my English is not best))

Also mini story : Whole village fled to nearby bigger village. As they were advancing on the road, one Soviet patrol vehicle drove along. In her village there was a old man who had some disease (i dont remember which sorry). Anyway, he walked in long coat in this summer "march". They thought that it´s Nazi agent (They didnt care that he was in a crowd of people) so they just shot him with machine guns. (My grandma was very young in that age - maybe 10) but she remembers this moment and bullets flying aroud her head to present.
#214 to #103 - firesky (05/14/2014) [-]
I was told that a russian soldier that raped a woman in my neighbour town was publicly executed by his officer who didn't accept such behaviour.
User avatar #301 to #214 - carnivora (05/15/2014) [-]
Well all of that depended on what kind of soldiers humans you met ... there were polite and rude ones on both sides...
#302 to #301 - firesky (05/15/2014) [-]
No doubt
User avatar #192 to #24 - imnotkickthecat (05/14/2014) [-]
Neither of them were as bad as the japs were to china and the pacific islanders.
User avatar #239 to #192 - gaytard (05/14/2014) [-]
or the danes for that matter

1520 NEVER FORGET
User avatar #291 to #192 - berkut (05/14/2014) [-]
they are chinks, nobody care about chinks, not even chinks.
User avatar #139 to #24 - nigeltheoutlaw (05/14/2014) [-]
It depends who you were. The Russians raped and killed fairly indiscriminately in conquered territory, while the Nazis tended to reserved it and worse for "subhumans".
#25 - berkut (05/14/2014) [-]
Why do i even have this...
Oh, yeah, it's offensive.
#75 to #25 - trevanman (05/14/2014) [-]
what's the name of the character in MLP?
Trixie?
**** Trixie.
******* hate that cunt
#30 to #25 - thegrimgenius (05/14/2014) [-]
Only suitable thing to describe reaction.
Only suitable thing to describe reaction.
#86 - inczi (05/14/2014) [-]
My grandfathers brother died, fighting the German invasion in Hel(Poland) but other than that my Grandmother said that when Germans invaded, it was quite ok, the shops were still full, people were working in the fields but when Russia invaded it was a nightmare.
User avatar #226 to #86 - supersonicman (05/14/2014) [-]
Yep, full of anyone who wasn't Jewish. And sorry to hear about the death.
User avatar #2 - turtletroll (05/13/2014) [-]
I don't really see how the first "fact" is a fact.

You're basically just saying its a good movie about WW2
#4 to #2 - yellowpedobear (05/13/2014) [-]
True
True
User avatar #8 to #4 - turtletroll (05/13/2014) [-]
Still a good comp regardless though
#32 - I Am Monkey (05/14/2014) [-]
This looks shopped. I can tell be the watches, and from seeing quite a few shops in my day.
+5
#233 - mytwocents has deleted their comment [-]
#198 - zomglolol (05/14/2014) [-]
Cheers OP, I really like history as the kids would say, history is my jam , and these comps are like porn wrapped in bacon to me.

I require more.
User avatar #227 to #198 - supersonicman (05/14/2014) [-]
...what kid says that?
User avatar #299 to #227 - zomglolol (05/15/2014) [-]
A kid who really likes history
User avatar #14 - alimais (05/13/2014) [-]
#224 - vytros (05/14/2014) [-]
Every side and country did unspeakable war crimes and swept them under the rug.

However, it -is- true that the more indoctrinated a country's soldiers were, the more prone they were to doing ****** things. The prime examples would be the Russians on the Allies' side and the Japanese on the Axis. However, you mustn't forget that there were still good men on all sides. Mostly defending though.

I'd say it's pretty reasonable to say that most of the good men have died -defending- their countries.
[ 310 comments ]
Leave a comment
 Friends (0)