He's Right, You Know. My Little Tyson: Science is Magic. Neil degrasse Tyson tlt Jji/ When Students cheat on exams it' s because our School System values grades Public Education
x
Click to expand

He's Right, You Know

He's Right, You Know. My Little Tyson: Science is Magic. Neil degrasse Tyson tlt Jji/ When Students cheat on exams it' s because our School System values grades

My Little Tyson: Science is Magic

Neil degrasse Tyson tlt
Jji/
When Students cheat on exams it' s because our School
System values grades more than Students value
learning.
...
  • Recommend tagsx
+1758
Views: 64956
Favorited: 156
Submitted: 12/10/2013
Share On Facebook
Add to favorites Subscribe to bigboyblue submit to reddit

Comments(333):

[ 333 comments ]
What do you think? Give us your opinion. Anonymous comments allowed.
User avatar #1 - Agnotizer (12/10/2013) [-]
Don't tell Jaden Smith though, he may start tweeting about schools again.
#203 to #1 - jadensmith (12/11/2013) [-]
It Has Begun.
#288 to #1 - kroople (12/11/2013) [-]
His forehead might get mad.
#72 to #1 - Rascal (12/10/2013) [-]
I think you mean "Do tell Jaden Smith". Those tweets are hilarious to look and laugh at
User avatar #155 to #1 - revengeforfreeze (12/10/2013) [-]
isn't jaden smith related to neil degrasse tyson?
User avatar #160 to #155 - dumdumduu (12/10/2013) [-]
Just because they are both black doesn't mean they are related!
User avatar #162 to #160 - dumdumduu (12/10/2013) [-]
What the **** is up with that heart? I was trying to make a : x smiley.
User avatar #161 to #160 - revengeforfreeze (12/10/2013) [-]
are you sure?
User avatar #165 to #161 - cdsams (12/10/2013) [-]
Dude... I think this chick random FJ user is in to you.
User avatar #164 to #161 - dumdumduu (12/10/2013) [-]
Then again, now that I think about it, all black do look the same.


There might be something into this...
User avatar #166 to #164 - revengeforfreeze (12/10/2013) [-]
yah man
#111 to #1 - Visual (12/10/2013) [-]
"But how can our learning be real if our grades aren't real?"
#197 to #111 - unfortunately (12/11/2013) [-]
No, no, no. You need structure. Here's the formula.
How can x be real if y isn't real?
In which x= Something that with deeper philosophy might not be real, and y= Something that is obviously real and makes Jaden Smith look like a ******* idiot.

I just made this.
User avatar #269 to #197 - bagguhsleep (12/11/2013) [-]
Then he followed the formula.
Learning can have deeper meaning, and grades are pretty goshdang real.
User avatar #309 to #197 - anonomoz (12/11/2013) [-]
so x is imaginary
#336 to #309 - unfortunately (12/12/2013) [-]
x is something that if you think about too philosophically, might not be real, like mirrors, or learning, or lets say
"How can darkness be real if flashlights aren't real?"
#28 - oceloy (12/10/2013) [-]
wise words indeed
#5 - SilentBlade (12/10/2013) [-]
It's not because the school values grades over education. It's because society teaches the students themselves to value the status and superficial value of grades over the enlightenment and fulfillment of knowledge.
User avatar #31 to #5 - sabotagesam (12/10/2013) [-]
i suggest pierre bourdieu on the topic, although his writings are way too academical, and tl;dr.
#50 to #5 - katfishlolz (12/10/2013) [-]
although i agree with what you said i believe you misread the content. it says that schools value grades more than STUDENTS value education. saying the students aren't motivated to learn, they just to get an easy way out.
User avatar #143 to #5 - hammarhead (12/10/2013) [-]
that's just agreeing with it, then. Society makes the school system.
#169 to #5 - thatpenguinguy (12/10/2013) [-]
The only times I ever cheated weren't because I valued the status and superficial value of grades over the enlightenment and fulfillment of knowledge. It was because I didn't know some of the **** and my parents didn't allow anything under a B
#179 to #5 - prominant (12/10/2013) [-]
That's kind of what he said though
#183 to #5 - Rascal (12/10/2013) [-]
That's exactly what he just said
User avatar #209 to #5 - completeaddiction **User deleted account** (12/11/2013) [-]
I disagree. I think students wouldn't cheat if grades didn't have such a massive life impact
#214 to #5 - xathos (12/11/2013) [-]
I agree that schools don't care about student's learning. However, I think people cheat (at least in college) because they want to get grades that will allow them to get into graduate school or get a job, not because society forces them to care about the superficial value of grades. Nobody I know gives a **** about what other people think of their grades, they just want to get into graduate programs, so most of the ******* around me cheat.

Ultimately it isn't about students learning, which is the major problem.
#256 to #5 - galphawolfe (12/11/2013) [-]
I would agree with you, but schools most certainly do not promote true enlightenment.
#304 to #5 - Rascal (12/11/2013) [-]
What is this "society" that teaches students to value grades over knowledge? School. Duh
#112 to #5 - Rascal (12/10/2013) [-]
#176 to #5 - maplesyrupman (12/10/2013) [-]
I want to tweet this as a quote, but I'd feel kinda strange about saying "-from SilentBlade on FunnyJunk"

Still a great quote though
#243 to #5 - swagbot (12/11/2013) [-]
It's both.
#17 to #5 - omnipotentsoap (12/10/2013) [-]
one mark of a great scientist is the ability to explain complicated things to a layman, while your version is more correct Black Science Man's can be understood by most.
User avatar #51 to #17 - thechosentroll (12/10/2013) [-]
If you can't explain it in a simple way, then you don't truly understand it.


Fairly certain some famous dead guy said that.
User avatar #195 to #51 - wtfduud (12/11/2013) [-]
Pretty sure it was Niels Bohr.
User avatar #52 to #17 - daentraya (12/10/2013) [-]
But SilentBlade wrote it while explaining what this actually meant in a way that has way more impact. It's so sad to see schools just killing enthusiasm to learn. Just yesterday, i went to wikipedia, made notes on the summary of the Persian empire, looked at a timeline and made notes, and then had a jolly good time watching documentaries. Had this been a regular class, we'd have learned less, remembered less, and have dreaded the whole thing. Plus, it'd have taken way longer. I think a spark of curiosity to something great can be kindled in everyone, and schools should be a place to kindle that flame
User avatar #159 to #52 - jacksipian (12/10/2013) [-]
why was your class experience different than other peoples?
User avatar #321 to #159 - daentraya (12/11/2013) [-]
Pardon me, but could you clarify that question?
User avatar #329 to #321 - jacksipian (12/11/2013) [-]
why did you use wikipedia, look at timelines, and watch documentaries when a lot of other people dont do that? and you talk like you dont go to class, so what makes your experience different than everyone elses?
User avatar #330 to #329 - daentraya (12/11/2013) [-]
Because my second and foremost goal in life is to know as much as possible about as many things as possible, so i might as well be efficient. You can cover 2000 years of basic egyptian history, or a pretty solid Persian history in a day if you do it efficiently. It's not like school is gonna teach me anything in any proper way that i will see as part of that goal. And i do go to class. It's just that there's no discipline. But still, experience with what?
User avatar #331 to #330 - jacksipian (12/11/2013) [-]
nevermind, youre not getting what im saying
User avatar #332 to #331 - daentraya (12/11/2013) [-]
My apologies. I forgot what you actually said, and thus my question should be; is this school enthusiasm killing thing not the norm? It just seems to be the mandatory way to teach things where I've been, at least
User avatar #193 to #52 - kombee (12/11/2013) [-]
I completely agree. You have to look at the bright side of taking classes though. Sometimes classes do function as intended, and then it's a blast to learn. It depends on various factors though.
#4 - hoboguyman (12/10/2013) [-]
Black science man is best science man.
User avatar #259 to #4 - vodoo ONLINE (12/11/2013) [-]
Neil DeGrass Tyson is like the bitchy "pop artist" of science. He never does anything and he only wines... What did he discover or contribuit? NOTHING
User avatar #146 to #4 - thetrobadour (12/10/2013) [-]
RIP Nelson Mandela
#36 - jimihendrixangel (12/10/2013) [-]
I love the black science man, he is awesome <3
#37 - skiskate (12/10/2013) [-]
Or it's because you are too lazy to study but still want a decent grade. Like right now I should be studying for my mid-terms but I am just browsing funnyjunk like usual
Or it's because you are too lazy to study but still want a decent grade. Like right now I should be studying for my mid-terms but I am just browsing funnyjunk like usual
User avatar #74 to #37 - arandomanon ONLINE (12/10/2013) [-]
I know that feel. Need to finish my island's conquest essay and I haven't even started to read about it yet.
User avatar #128 to #37 - oxYKellark (12/10/2013) [-]
Arent we all, i believe i am lazy because i do not fully know the consequences of my actions, or i choose to ignore them until its too late. I had horrible grades in high-school, i didn't get accepted into any universities but here i am about to get my Paramedic license in a program in which i have put forth minimal effort once again ignoring the fact that i very well could save someone or let them die because of my negligence or incompetence but right now i feel like checking facebook or FJ every 5 seconds instead of focusing on studying cardio and pulmonary diseases and how to recognize and treat them.
User avatar #255 to #37 - rockamekishiko (12/11/2013) [-]
that just means you don't value the knowledge, which is what he is saying
User avatar #140 to #37 - slowbroking (12/10/2013) [-]
In U.S. schools, you learn the same things over and over again. I can't tell you how many classes I had in high school that taught me the Pythagorean theorem or how many times I read Romeo and Juliet. I didn't learn anything new. The Pythagorean theorem was always the Pythagorean theorem. And the teachers were never interested in teaching us something new as long as we passed their class and did well on the standardized tests. How is anyone not going to have a lazy streak after doing the same, boring **** year after year after year?
User avatar #41 to #37 - bgskamikaze (12/10/2013) [-]
i think thats the point though students have become lazy because we know now that schools and **** don't care if we learned the **** right as long as we have a good passing grade from it
#123 - oxYKellark (12/10/2013) [-]
Ouch right in the society.
#156 - dishesaredone (12/10/2013) [-]
this is a quote by morgan freeman himself for SNL
this is a quote by morgan freeman himself for SNL
#303 - latinotornado (12/11/2013) [-]
**** standardizing education
**** standardizing healthcare
those are my views
#29 - themedianoche **User deleted account** (12/10/2013) [-]
Which is why...
#43 to #29 - jvcjvc (12/10/2013) [-]
That would be the dumbest thing ever said. Or one of them
User avatar #46 to #43 - doesthislookunsure (12/10/2013) [-]
He was joking.
User avatar #34 to #29 - skiskate (12/10/2013) [-]
Why Does He Capitalize Every Single Word He Tweets?
User avatar #38 to #34 - redknull (12/10/2013) [-]
BeCause HeS A FaGgOt
#64 to #34 - Bacabed ONLINE (12/10/2013) [-]
It's because he doesn't pay attention in school
#126 to #29 - kristovsky (12/10/2013) [-]
Yeah totally, I mean just look at the ghettos.
#6 - croski (12/10/2013) [-]
Than again, look at it this way. Why do we value grades over knowledge? It's because we need a system to tell apart true knowledge from false knowledge. Imagine going to the doctor who didn't take any tests through his schooling. He could be a really good doctor who paid attention in every class through med school, but he could also be a fraud who had someone else sing him in every class. The question is, would you trust your doctor if he didn't pass a test? And it's not just doctors, you have pharmacists, chemists, lawyers, economists, politicians and so on.

The problem is in the human nature, not in the school system.
User avatar #23 to #6 - nerfingatyourface (12/10/2013) [-]
I wouldn't trust a lawyer or a politician even if they got 100% on everything.
User avatar #185 to #23 - croski (12/11/2013) [-]
But when put in front of a judge you want him to be highly educated so that he cannot be fooled by another lawyer. I'm a law school student
#294 to #6 - Rascal (12/11/2013) [-]
Well I'm a lazy **** . I do well on tests and big assignments, but have a hard time getting myself to do basic homework. My grades are poor (generally C's or B's) because I'm lazy, not that I don't know the material; yet, I'll still be judged based on my grades, not on my actual knowledge of anything.
#25 to #6 - Rascal (12/10/2013) [-]
Actually it is, granted there will always be at least one individual who considers cheating. But that isn't to say that the vast majority of people can't be given correct incentives to not cheat. The incentives to not cheat are that it's "morally wrong" (this is highly debatable really) and that you'll be punished if caught (a non-issue for some). So what we have is a lack of good foundation to support a non-cheating environment, because the incentive to cheat is much greater for some than the potential negatives.
User avatar #178 - thebritishguy (12/10/2013) [-]
I would give so much just to get high with this man, I don't even like drugs but **** it his words taste like beauty The Most Astounding Fact - Neil deGrasse Tyson
#187 - Rascal (12/11/2013) [-]
It's true, many people have been cheating to get that required GPA to go to their favorite college. Some may not see it wrong at the time and act like it's no big deal or a one time thing, but it becomes a habit on some and when cheating, almost no one learns a lot, so that makes one not prepared and not full of knowledge, but because us Americans prefer those GPAs and Top college GPAs rather than scientific achievements themselves or achievements in general, students are made into a cheating machine that only cares about grades.
#80 - skullnigga (12/10/2013) [-]
or maybe it's because people are lazy
or maybe it's because people are lazy
User avatar #221 to #80 - lasmamoe (12/11/2013) [-]
That is exactly Neils point.
User avatar #268 to #221 - skullnigga (12/11/2013) [-]
no it isnt
User avatar #324 to #268 - lasmamoe (12/11/2013) [-]
Yes it is.

Students are lazy because they don't care enough about learning. They just want to have good grades so they can get a good job, and make good money.

Im not saying im any better, but this is how it is for a lot of people.
#173 to #80 - Rascal (12/10/2013) [-]
if they were lazy, they would not cheat, they would just not try.
#107 to #80 - thenecromouser (12/10/2013) [-]
what if i told you that people a lazy because they do not value the benefits of doing it the right way.
User avatar #302 to #107 - xtwinblade ONLINE (12/11/2013) [-]
or because they just havent bothered to practice for a test so they just cheat to still earnt he benefit of good grades
User avatar #285 - StaticX (12/11/2013) [-]
While some of the arguments of "You have to make them want to learn" are semi-valid, it's not all the teachers responsibility. The students themselves have to have the motivation, and theres really no way to tell if a student has the motivation and is learning something. Testing isn't the greatest, but until a better way is found it's the best we have.
User avatar #308 to #285 - eight (12/11/2013) [-]
In the U.S a better way is already found and widely known. Learning basic criteria in most of the major subjects and advancing specific and unique skills is more beneficial to each student. This teaches students a wide range of trades and focuses on what they will become later in life.
The current system focuses on mostly useless trivia and high test scores to keep you in schools for longer periods of time which means more funding (the money is often not spent on students).
User avatar #311 to #308 - StaticX (12/11/2013) [-]
Can you provide sources that show this works? It doesn't sound efficient enough to me to actually be effective. My main complaint about this, however, is that it sounds like it takes the choice out of life for people. Pretty much assigning them to have a profession in what they are naturally good at rather than what they want to try to become good at. I mean, I'm naturally good at physics, but I would never want to go into a career as a physicist. And it still doesn't answer the question of how to make sure the student is motivated. Even if they are good at something doesn't mean they'll care. Too many students seem to strive for a life where the get a low paying job so they can party most of the time. I'm not saying it couldn't work, the concept just seems too flawed in my opinion. It would definitely create jobs, but "Jobs are a means, not the ends in themselves, people work to live better, to put food on the shelf."
User avatar #319 to #311 - eight (12/11/2013) [-]
How did you get any of that from my post? Its quite the opposite. The students CHOOSE their own curriculum based on their interests.
User avatar #188 - thejerseyjenn (12/11/2013) [-]
I'm not cheating I'm simply... double checking.
#12 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
I look down on such arrogance,Matoi.
Cheating should be allowed.
IN the real world, only cheaters succeed;

Small companies cannot flourish because they play fair,
the large companies can have tax deductions, and even exemptions from
their property taxes. Everyone has the power to cheat, but
I've learned from trial, error, and watching my boss's company fall apart
from the inside and out that playing fair is not the way to survive.

You HAVE to play dirty. Survival and success are all about cheating!People say you need a highschool education and a college degree to get anywhere,meanwhile the diplomaless and degreeless Bill Gates laughs from his Microsoft Throwne, and Steve Jobs rolls around laughing in his grave at how people work so hard towards a vain goal.

It's about knowing the people to talk to, and evaluating wise decision making.

People with art degrees either make it big by earning millions, or end up broke for the rest of their lives for not having the social skills necessary to make business possible.
The media entertainment field is also the same thing(I am in it), and there are actors that sometimes fall due to this risk.Rather than spending their fortunes, they should be counting their pennies; High-pay-rolls like that only exist because such jobs are hit and miss; you can either find someone willing to hire an actor, or you end up payless for several years. You'd better make those millions of dollars count if that's the case....

You see companies like Walmart succeeding because they chose to play dirty and cheat their employees of their deserved pay.You see our government surviving because they cheat the constitution all the time. You want to know why we're alive?

BECAUSE EVOLUTION HELPED US CHEAT:
We have no horns, no tusks, no shells, and no super running abilities.
All we needed was a good brain, and we became the dominant species.

SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST IS DETERMINED BY WHO HAS THE ADVANTAGE,
NOT THE ONE WHO PLAYS "FAIR".
#252 to #12 - swagbot (12/11/2013) [-]
Too simplistic.

"Cheat" is vaguely defined. In order to "Cheat", there must be Rules. A discussion about "Cheating" begets a discussion of "Rules".

- Rules are supposed to be a reflection of the Values of a Community.
>>> If you value inclusion into said community, don't cheat.
>>> If you don't care, cheat all you want.

- In my opinion, the only inviolable Rule is to not start a violent conflict.
>>> Competition on all other fronts should be legal, if not encouraged.
#287 to #12 - Rascal (12/11/2013) [-]
Although you are right, I do not think humans should allow themselves to stay at the primitive evolutionary level of survival of the fittest. We are intelligent enough to leave that system behind and start working toward a more utopian society. Unfortunately, our materially dominated cultures usually keep us from attaining this goal. The more educated people become the more they will realise how stupid/selfish the survival of the fittest system is in relation to humans, even in economic standards. I guess what I am saying is embrace socialism.
#20 to #12 - infinitereaper (12/10/2013) [-]
I must commend you for getting into character,
but frankly, going too far into it would be too much effort so I'll keep it simple:

Human beings cheat because they care more about grades than learning.
And if schools care more about grades than learning then there is more value in cheating than doing it fairly.
User avatar #39 to #12 - thewhitezombie (12/10/2013) [-]
Just two things, cheating shouldn't be allowed because the whole point is getting away with it. If you get caught cheating in the real world you are just as ****** . And, what is that picture from? It intrigues me.
User avatar #47 to #39 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
It's from kill La kill. It's a new show being made by the creators of Gurren lagann.
User avatar #57 to #47 - daentraya (12/10/2013) [-]
I remember a review, and it left me confused. I don't remember it. Can i have three sentences on what it is about? Such quotes always intrigue me
#58 to #57 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
Actually, what I said wasn't a quote from the show. I actually sat there and wrote that,
Just give the show a shot.

The first 2 episodes are rushed and heavy with information, so you might want to watch it through episode 3 to get a good feel for it.

Feel free to skip the scenes where her professor tries to act sexy, those scenes don't appeal to me.
Matoi is definitely the most badass female character of all time besides Korra from Avatar.
#61 to #58 - daentraya (12/10/2013) [-]
Welp, you sound like an interesting person to have a chat with.
Imma put it on my list

Also, while you know something about the previous subject, you know nothing of badassery. Every single one of these ladies beg your pardon. Seriously, you choose Korra? She's a whiny little bitch compared to Terminator Maid. Actually, she already is a whiny little bitch, whereas Roberta the Evil Mary Poppins is the scariest ************
#62 to #61 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
You must've forgotten where Korra turned into a Spirit Titan and had a Godzilla-sque battle over republic city with the God of Evil.

#63 to #62 - daentraya (12/10/2013) [-]
I didn't watch it. Korra bothered me too much. Even so, she basically had magic powers. Any other character would've done better if they had magic avatar glowy titan powers. That cheaty bit does not make her a badass by any definition i have ever heard of.

I'm just choosing Roberta the Bloodhound as my champion of badass, cause dahm. Even Ceres Victoria have nothing on this birch
#65 to #63 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
Hm I suppose.
What about Homura from Madoka Magica?

She, over the course of a series and 3 animated movies, travelled through time
to try to save her dear friend(and universe) and failed, thus repeating the process until
she would one day succeed, become a God of the universe, and rewrite the laws of physics and quantum particle physics.
#70 to #65 - daentraya (12/10/2013) [-]
*Random gif cause i can't be arsed to google one*   
   
As much as i adore Homura, and think her determination and strength to move on is incredible and touching, i still wouldn't call her a full-fledged badass. She's a little miss badass, but put her in perspective to anyone else of many other shows, she's just a cute little sad determined girl with lots of guns. Well, her fighting walpurgisnight was pretty dahm awesome, but again, magical powers
*Random gif cause i can't be arsed to google one*

As much as i adore Homura, and think her determination and strength to move on is incredible and touching, i still wouldn't call her a full-fledged badass. She's a little miss badass, but put her in perspective to anyone else of many other shows, she's just a cute little sad determined girl with lots of guns. Well, her fighting walpurgisnight was pretty dahm awesome, but again, magical powers
User avatar #73 to #70 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
Hm, I see your point has some validity. Darn. Who's your badass female? I am indeed curious.
#75 to #73 - daentraya (12/10/2013) [-]
This.
Roberta from Black Lagoon
#76 to #75 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
I'll add black lagoon to my playlist.   
I'll trust that you have good taste in anime.   
   
   
In the end, I will only hope that I remember to thank you, assuming that I will enjoy this show.
I'll add black lagoon to my playlist.
I'll trust that you have good taste in anime.


In the end, I will only hope that I remember to thank you, assuming that I will enjoy this show.
User avatar #78 to #76 - daentraya (12/10/2013) [-]
You need to login to view this link
Here. It's a work in progress, but I've listed most of the ones that popped to my mind first, which also happens to be the most memorable one. Their scores are so high, because they're so good, and you won't believe how high my standards are.
What kinda anime you like?
#44 to #12 - hitro (12/10/2013) [-]
My only prolbem with what you said is that people like bill gates and Mark Zuckeberg (however it is spealt) created succesful buisnesses while dropping out of college, because it was to easy and they often already knew enough for what they wanted to do.

us the average Joe arent that smart.
#13 to #12 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
And yes, I am a hypocrite; because I'm in college trying to make something of myself and don't know what.I lack the social skills to do otherwise, however I seek to get perfect grades no matter what, even if I have to resort to cheating my way through things that I can't do.
#15 to #13 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
too long didn't ******* read

go hug a fedora, you filthy neckbeard
#16 to #15 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
Sure, give me your fedora.
I won't just hug it, I'll put my dick in it.

If I'm going to be doing something ridiculous, I may as well go all the way.
#18 to #16 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
The beta hurts
User avatar #32 to #18 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
Read, or else you are the beta that can't get a job.
User avatar #35 to #32 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
lel, only morons are incapable of geting a job
People like you who think they're so smart
#48 to #35 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
Fun fact; I worked for American hydraulic.
Fun fact; I'm an animation professor at Northwest Regional public center.

Your argument is invalid, you girlfriendless virgin.
#59 to #48 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
Most legit thing I ever heard
#60 to #59 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
You know kid, if you're trying to be an ignorant brat to get on my nerves,   
you are doing a good job.   
   
Have a sample gif of one of my works.
You know kid, if you're trying to be an ignorant brat to get on my nerves,
you are doing a good job.

Have a sample gif of one of my works.
User avatar #186 to #60 - ugottanked (12/11/2013) [-]
thats pretty dang cool
#66 to #60 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
"hey guise im a profesor and i am cool"
-You

Listen up, ******** . Nobody gives a **** about your insights. They're useless. Everyone knows it. You just figured it out, and now you're all giddy like a schoolgirl who just got her first period.

Get over yourself.
You might as well have figured out that the moon wasn't made of cheese.
************************ , you've graduated from retard-school.

yfw typing that **** up above
#68 to #66 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
Then please tell me, what are your life accomplishments? What makes your statement "legitimate"?
State your reasons as to how I am incapable of getting a $50,000 a year job while only being 22 years old, and able afford to continue college on my own paycheck?

Your statement of me being unable to get a job is so invalid that it burns my eyes just to read it.

Meanwhile all you do is attack me for proving my qualifications and yet you remain stubborn enough to disregard it.
User avatar #69 to #68 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
I have over 300 confirmed kills, and am trained in gorilla warfare.

bla bla bla
Quit changing the subject, you buttmangler
#71 to #69 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
&quot;lel, only morons are incapable of geting a job    
People like you who think they're so smart&quot;   
   
&gt; I AM talking about my job.   
   
&gt;Claims I changed the subject.   
   
I can see you haven't even graduated highschool yet.   
   
Your argument is invalid again.
"lel, only morons are incapable of geting a job
People like you who think they're so smart"

> I AM talking about my job.

>Claims I changed the subject.

I can see you haven't even graduated highschool yet.

Your argument is invalid again.
#77 to #71 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
Who's the one boasting about their "incredible achievements"?
Who's the one trying to educate us mere mortals on the simple facts of life?
You probably just got out of your mom's basement, and had a taste of real life, so you naturally assume everyone else is a basement-dwelling betafaggot like you.

We know how life works. You don't need to tell us the moon isn't made of cheese.
>implying we have highschool in my country.
We don't do things that way.

You're just another man who thinks he's got it all figured out, when really you're just like the rest of us, except you're too stupid or arrogant to realize it.
Get your head out of your arse, and look at the world. The world doesn't give a flying **** about you or your "job"

I still don't believe you.
We can both claim that we're trained in gorilla warfare until the sun dies, but until you post some proof, I'm going to assume you're a ****** troll trying to make your self-esteem a little higher, so you don't feel like ending it every night.
Which, you should seriously consider, because that first post was one of the more stupid things I've seen, and I've been here for a while. Trust me, I've seen some god damn retarded **** , but you thinking you've got it all figured out, takes the cake.


Like watching a kid riding his bike without training wheels for the first time.

tldr: pics or gtfo
Alternatively, you can use your genius brain to figure out why making claims without proving them is absolutely retarded and futile.
You'd think a "professor" would know these things.
But I guess "professor in art" is about the same as a professor in poo flinging.

Congratulations, you're the best of the worst.
#122 to #77 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
You know, I should stop fighting you, and leave you with something that proves academically why you are wrong, and will continue to be wrong if you keep reusing your same "points".

Here's the list of logical fallacies.

1.You already commited ad hominem( which is resorting to insults instead of coming up with reasons to prove me wrong)

2.Slippery Slope- you already claimed that I was only going to be working at McDonalds because you assumed that I have a crappy job.

3.hasty generalization- You already claimed that I was living in my mom's basement and not having a job, and somehow owning a fedora for liking a cartoon.

4.Red Herring- you immediately changed the subject as soon as I proved you wrong, until you had to go on my profile to look for an excuse to insult me, which leads to 3.

5.You simplified what I said to try to turn my words against me and generalized animation with art which are two different genres. The way they work is in a mechanical fashion, not all artistic.

6.Moral Equivalence- You immediately called me a brony and a cancinogen without any kind of backup fact or statement.
____________________________________________________________________
This is AT MINIMUM, why you lost your argument here, and every point your made henceforth is invalid as a result.
This is why you failed.
Until next time, young boy.
Please don't make your mother upset, get good grades, don't do drugs,
and stay away from gangs. Make sure to avoid junk food,
those preservatives can give you colon cancer if you overdose those.
User avatar #86 to #77 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
You know,
I have the next 3 days off from work because everybody's working on their finals, and I don't assign that kind of work.

Try not to ruin it.
User avatar #92 to #86 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
I'm sorry, I'll try not to talk to you during your 3-day pony-fap marathon.
#121 to #92 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
You know, I should stop fighting you, and leave you with something that proves academically why you are wrong, and will continue to be wrong if you keep reusing your same "points".

Here's the list of logical fallacies.

1.You already commited ad hominem( which is resorting to insults instead of coming up with reasons to prove me wrong)

2.Slippery Slope- you already claimed that I was only going to be working at McDonalds because you assumed that I have a crappy job.

3.hasty generalization- You already claimed that I was living in my mom's basement and not having a job, and somehow owning a fedora for liking a cartoon.

4.Red Herring- you immediately changed the subject as soon as I proved you wrong, until you had to go on my profile to look for an excuse to insult me, which leads to 3.

5.You simplified what I said to try to turn my words against me and generalized animation with art which are two different genres. The way they work is in a mechanical fashion, not all artistic.

6.Moral Equivalence- You immediately called me a brony and a cancinogen without any kind of backup fact or statement.
____________________________________________________________________
This is AT MINIMUM, why you lost your argument here, and every point your made henceforth is invalid as a result.
This is why you failed.
Until next time, young boy.
Please don't make your mother upset, get good grades, don't do drugs,
and stay away from gangs. Make sure to avoid junk food,
those preservatives can give you colon cancer if you overdose those.
#94 to #92 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
Why would I need to fap when i can just wait for my gf gets in the mood?
User avatar #95 to #94 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
Your girlfriend isn't real
Sorry to break it to you
#119 to #95 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
You know, I should stop fighting you, and leave you with something that proves academically why you are wrong, and will continue to be wrong if you keep reusing your same "points".

Here's the list of logical fallacies.

1.You already commited ad hominem( which is resorting to insults instead of coming up with reasons to prove me wrong)

2.Slippery Slope- you already claimed that I was only going to be working at McDonalds because you assumed that I have a crappy job.

3.hasty generalization- You already claimed that I was living in my mom's basement and not having a job, and somehow owning a fedora for liking a cartoon.

4.Red Herring- you immediately changed the subject as soon as I proved you wrong, until you had to go on my profile to look for an excuse to insult me, which leads to 3.

5.You simplified what I said to try to turn my words against me and generalized animation with art which are two different genres. The way they work is in a mechanical fashion, not all artistic.

6.Moral Equivalence- You immediately called me a brony and a cancinogen without any kind of backup fact or statement.
____________________________________________________________________
This is AT MINIMUM, why you lost your argument here, and every point your made henceforth is invalid as a result.
This is why you failed.
Until next time, young boy.
Please don't make your mother upset, get good grades, don't do drugs,
and stay away from gangs. Make sure to avoid junk food,
those preservatives can give you colon cancer if you overdose those.
User avatar #96 to #95 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
Oh she's as real as your mother, buddy.

Your argument is invalid.
User avatar #98 to #96 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
My mother has been wiped from existence.

Checkmate.
#83 to #77 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
Let's take a look at what's important;

*Whether you believe me or not won't stop this week's paycheck from coming in on Sunday.

*I presented evidence of my animated works.

*You are insulting me, therefore you provided no reason for your argument.

*"Nobody cares" well apparently you care enough to talk back for half an hour.

*As I said, I'm an animation professor, not an art professor.
I still haven't quit college because I want to become even better while on the job.

You wanna know who gives a **** if I don't have a job?
My girlfriend, my house mortage, and my car dealer so I can pay my bills.


Your point is so invalid it facinates me.
#85 to #83 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
&quot;Whether you believe me or not won't stop this week's paycheck from coming in on Sunday. &quot;   
Your boasting means nothing if you can't prove it, you retard.   
&quot;hurr durr i earn 50000000000$ a day i'm so great&quot;   
   
&quot;I presented evidence of my animated works. &quot;   
No, you posted a gif, which I have no way of verifying is yours. Lrn2Science, 			********		.   
   
&quot;You are insulting me, therefore you provided no reason for your argument. &quot;   
You are insulting me, therefore you provided no reason for your argument.   
   
&quot;well apparently you care enough to talk back for half an hour. &quot;   
It's like watching a monkey try to rollerskate. I find it amusing.   
   
&quot;As I said, I'm an animation professor, not an art professor.   
I still haven't quit college because I want to become even better while on the job.&quot;   
1. Same 			*******		 thing, you art student.   
2. seemslegit.png   
   
&quot;You wanna know who gives a 			****		 if I don't have a job?   
My girlfriend, my house mortage, and my car dealer so I can pay my bills&quot;.   
The legitness is killing me, please stop   
   
&quot;Your point is so invalid it facinates me. &quot;   
My point is, you haven't contributed with anything, and you're not proving any of your claims.   
My point could not be more valid, you retarded catfish.
"Whether you believe me or not won't stop this week's paycheck from coming in on Sunday. "
Your boasting means nothing if you can't prove it, you retard.
"hurr durr i earn 50000000000$ a day i'm so great"

"I presented evidence of my animated works. "
No, you posted a gif, which I have no way of verifying is yours. Lrn2Science, ******** .

"You are insulting me, therefore you provided no reason for your argument. "
You are insulting me, therefore you provided no reason for your argument.

"well apparently you care enough to talk back for half an hour. "
It's like watching a monkey try to rollerskate. I find it amusing.

"As I said, I'm an animation professor, not an art professor.
I still haven't quit college because I want to become even better while on the job."

1. Same ******* thing, you art student.
2. seemslegit.png

"You wanna know who gives a **** if I don't have a job?
My girlfriend, my house mortage, and my car dealer so I can pay my bills".

The legitness is killing me, please stop

"Your point is so invalid it facinates me. "
My point is, you haven't contributed with anything, and you're not proving any of your claims.
My point could not be more valid, you retarded catfish.
#118 to #85 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
You know, I should stop fighting you, and leave you with something that proves academically why you are wrong, and will continue to be wrong if you keep reusing your same "points".

Here's the list of logical fallacies.

1.You already commited ad hominem( which is resorting to insults instead of coming up with reasons to prove me wrong)

2.Slippery Slope- you already claimed that I was only going to be working at McDonalds because you assumed that I have a crappy job.

3.hasty generalization- You already claimed that I was living in my mom's basement and not having a job, and somehow owning a fedora for liking a cartoon.

4.Red Herring- you immediately changed the subject as soon as I proved you wrong, until you had to go on my profile to look for an excuse to insult me, which leads to 3.

5.You simplified what I said to try to turn my words against me and generalized animation with art which are two different genres. The way they work is in a mechanical fashion, not all artistic.

6.Moral Equivalence- You immediately called me a brony and a cancinogen without any kind of backup fact or statement.
____________________________________________________________________
This is AT MINIMUM, why you lost your argument here, and every point your made henceforth is invalid as a result.
This is why you failed.
Until next time, young boy.
Please don't make your mother upset, get good grades, don't do drugs,
and stay away from gangs. Make sure to avoid junk food,
those preservatives can give you colon cancer if you overdose those.
#91 to #85 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/659/03/ <--- please educate yourself.

I provided valid reasons, and all you did was break 5 of those logical fallacies.
If you want to insult me properly, do so in a reasonable manner without making
yourself look like a 17 year old without a job, living with mom, probably on an old hand-me-down 2GHZ duo core PC with an integrated office graphics card with absolutely no development tools.

Heres a pony to make you upset.
User avatar #99 to #91 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
You're probably fapping right now, you filthy faggot
#117 to #99 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
You know, I should stop fighting you, and leave you with something that proves academically why you are wrong, and will continue to be wrong if you keep reusing your same "points".

Here's the list of logical fallacies.

1.You already commited ad hominem( which is resorting to insults instead of coming up with reasons to prove me wrong)

2.Slippery Slope- you already claimed that I was only going to be working at McDonalds because you assumed that I have a crappy job.

3.hasty generalization- You already claimed that I was living in my mom's basement and not having a job, and somehow owning a fedora for liking a cartoon.

4.Red Herring- you immediately changed the subject as soon as I proved you wrong, until you had to go on my profile to look for an excuse to insult me, which leads to 3.

5.You simplified what I said to try to turn my words against me and generalized animation with art which are two different genres. The way they work is in a mechanical fashion, not all artistic.

6.Moral Equivalence- You immediately called me a brony and a cancinogen without any kind of backup fact or statement.
____________________________________________________________________
This is AT MINIMUM, why you lost your argument here, and every point your made henceforth is invalid as a result.
This is why you failed.
Until next time, young boy.
Please don't make your mother upset, get good grades, don't do drugs,
and stay away from gangs. Make sure to avoid junk food,
those preservatives can give you colon cancer if you overdose those.
User avatar #103 to #99 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
Although you are trying too hard.
#105 to #103 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
Says the person desperately trying to convince his internet buddies that he's not a ponyfaggot living with his mother.
Says the person desperately trying to convince his internet buddies that he's not a ponyfaggot living with his mother.
#102 to #99 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
That's funny
User avatar #88 to #85 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
And again, your point is invalid.
User avatar #90 to #88 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
It's very much valid
#116 to #90 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
You know, I should stop fighting you, and leave you with something that proves academically why you are wrong, and will continue to be wrong if you keep reusing your same "points".

Here's the list of logical fallacies.

1.You already commited ad hominem( which is resorting to insults instead of coming up with reasons to prove me wrong)

2.Slippery Slope- you already claimed that I was only going to be working at McDonalds because you assumed that I have a crappy job.

3.hasty generalization- You already claimed that I was living in my mom's basement and not having a job, and somehow owning a fedora for liking a cartoon.

4.Red Herring- you immediately changed the subject as soon as I proved you wrong, until you had to go on my profile to look for an excuse to insult me, which leads to 3.

5.You simplified what I said to try to turn my words against me and generalized animation with art which are two different genres. The way they work is in a mechanical fashion, not all artistic.

6.Moral Equivalence- You immediately called me a brony and a cancinogen without any kind of backup fact or statement.
____________________________________________________________________
This is AT MINIMUM, why you lost your argument here, and every point your made henceforth is invalid as a result.
This is why you failed.
Until next time, young boy.
Please don't make your mother upset, get good grades, don't do drugs,
and stay away from gangs. Make sure to avoid junk food,
those preservatives can give you colon cancer if you overdose those.
#113 to #90 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
You know, I should stop fighting you, and leave you with something that proves academically why you are wrong, and will continue to be wrong if you keep reusing your same &quot;points&quot;.   
   
Here's the list of logical fallacies.   
   
1.You already commited ad hominem( which is resorting to insults instead of coming up with reasons to prove me wrong)   
   
2.Slippery Slope- you already claimed that I was only going to be working at McDonalds because you assumed that I have a crappy job.   
   
3.hasty generalization- You already claimed that I was living in my mom's basement and not having a job, and somehow owning a fedora for liking a cartoon.   
   
4.Red Herring- you immediately changed the subject as soon as I proved you wrong, until you had to go on my profile to look for an excuse to insult me, which leads to 3.   
   
5.You simplified what I said to try to turn my words against me and generalized animation with art which are two different genres. The way they work is in a mechanical fashion, not all artistic.   
   
6.Moral Equivalence-  You immediately called me a brony and a cancinogen without any kind of backup fact or statement.   
____________________________________________________________________   
This is AT MINIMUM, why you lost your argument here, and every point your made henceforth is invalid as a result.   
This is why you failed.    
Until next time, young boy.   
Please don't make your mother upset, get good grades, don't do drugs,   
and stay away from gangs. Make sure to avoid junk food,   
those preservatives can give you colon cancer if you overdose those.
You know, I should stop fighting you, and leave you with something that proves academically why you are wrong, and will continue to be wrong if you keep reusing your same "points".

Here's the list of logical fallacies.

1.You already commited ad hominem( which is resorting to insults instead of coming up with reasons to prove me wrong)

2.Slippery Slope- you already claimed that I was only going to be working at McDonalds because you assumed that I have a crappy job.

3.hasty generalization- You already claimed that I was living in my mom's basement and not having a job, and somehow owning a fedora for liking a cartoon.

4.Red Herring- you immediately changed the subject as soon as I proved you wrong, until you had to go on my profile to look for an excuse to insult me, which leads to 3.

5.You simplified what I said to try to turn my words against me and generalized animation with art which are two different genres. The way they work is in a mechanical fashion, not all artistic.

6.Moral Equivalence- You immediately called me a brony and a cancinogen without any kind of backup fact or statement.
____________________________________________________________________
This is AT MINIMUM, why you lost your argument here, and every point your made henceforth is invalid as a result.
This is why you failed.
Until next time, young boy.
Please don't make your mother upset, get good grades, don't do drugs,
and stay away from gangs. Make sure to avoid junk food,
those preservatives can give you colon cancer if you overdose those.


#114 to #113 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
I'm older than you, &quot;kid&quot;
I'm older than you, "kid"
#108 to #90 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
Validity cannot be determined by 'very much' or not. It is either valid or not.
And Sorry to say, even that statement of yours is invalid.

Please study. Graduate highschool.


Stop changing the subject.
I have a job, you don't. You're mad. I'm not.
User avatar #110 to #108 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
how about no you.

I'll have you know I graduated at the top of my class and have a Ph.D in logics and arguing.
And my claims are just as valid as yours. If you don't understand that fact, then you should really get off FJ and educate yourself.
You're not even a scientist.

I have a job. I'm a scientist.
I'm not mad, I'm just sad that people like you take themselves seriously
#87 to #85 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
*I make 50 grand, 50 thousand. 50k.
I think you forgot how to count.

Animation and art degrees make a huge difference; one
wallows in shame and does nothing for a living.

I think you are jobless unless you can prove it to me.
User avatar #89 to #87 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
>not understanding what hyperbole means
>professor
Legitnessover9000.png

One draws things, the other draws things. You're an art student. Have fun at McDonald's

Right back at ya, faglord
#115 to #89 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
You know, I should stop fighting you, and leave you with something that proves academically why you are wrong, and will continue to be wrong if you keep reusing your same "points".

Here's the list of logical fallacies.

1.You already commited ad hominem( which is resorting to insults instead of coming up with reasons to prove me wrong)

2.Slippery Slope- you already claimed that I was only going to be working at McDonalds because you assumed that I have a crappy job.

3.hasty generalization- You already claimed that I was living in my mom's basement and not having a job, and somehow owning a fedora for liking a cartoon.

4.Red Herring- you immediately changed the subject as soon as I proved you wrong, until you had to go on my profile to look for an excuse to insult me, which leads to 3.

5.You simplified what I said to try to turn my words against me and generalized animation with art which are two different genres. The way they work is in a mechanical fashion, not all artistic.

6.Moral Equivalence- You immediately called me a brony and a cancinogen without any kind of backup fact or statement.
____________________________________________________________________
This is AT MINIMUM, why you lost your argument here, and every point your made henceforth is invalid as a result.
This is why you failed.
Until next time, young boy.
Please don't make your mother upset, get good grades, don't do drugs,
and stay away from gangs. Make sure to avoid junk food,
those preservatives can give you colon cancer if you overdose those.
#106 to #89 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
I'm still making cash just sitting here on a nice paid vacation.
And you are making $0.

Your insults aren't making deductions, your reasons are invalid,
and you resort to calling me a faggot because you can't prove me wrong.

I already won 3 paragraphs ago.
User avatar #109 to #106 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
Prove it, bitchola.

"because you can't prove me wrong. "
Again suggesting something that is retarded to even attempt.
You make a claim, you provide the proof. Until you've proven your claim, all claims of " ******** " are true by default.

Lrn2Science.
Seriously, this is really a good indication of how much an art student learns these days.

"I already won 3 paragraphs ago. "
No, you lost when you started art school
User avatar #100 to #89 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
Whoops, reply limit! xD

Your mother exists because you are alive.
So even if you kill yourself to disprove your mother's existence, I am right.

Your argument is invalid again, kid.
#104 to #100 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
How cancerous.   
   
&quot;So even if you kill yourself to disprove your mother's existence&quot;   
You suggesting that just goes to show how much an art professor is worth.   
   
Right back at ya
How cancerous.

"So even if you kill yourself to disprove your mother's existence"
You suggesting that just goes to show how much an art professor is worth.

Right back at ya
User avatar #93 to #89 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
Art student?

Animation professor, you mean?
User avatar #97 to #93 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
Art professor, fling pooer, art student. It's all the same
#148 to #12 - deantaylor (12/10/2013) [-]
damn that 			****		 was powerful.
damn that **** was powerful.
#170 to #12 - theshadowed ONLINE (12/10/2013) [-]
Comment Picture
User avatar #189 to #12 - bannon (12/11/2013) [-]
Yeah, that's completely wrong. In most cases, a person must do an interview for a position with a company. I have yet to see anyone cheat at an interview, especially when asked about technical questions.

Bill Gates got his throne because he worked hard at the beginning of his career. Not to mention he was ridiculously smart! Steve Jobs too.

Cheating is never any fun. Hard work paying off is its own reward.
#192 to #12 - durkadurka ONLINE (12/11/2013) [-]
con·ceit·ed
kənˈsētid/Submit
adjective
adjective: conceited
1.
excessively proud of oneself; vain.
#40 to #22 - Rascal (12/10/2013) [-]
Cheating.

tl;dr version: Cheating is the way to go.
User avatar #49 to #22 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
Survive.
#131 to #12 - crazyolitis (12/10/2013) [-]
Actually, we do sort of have a super run ability. We've got super endurance. Moving 2 legs costs less energy than 4 legs, and the only animals that can MAYBE tg along are wolves, hence why we domesticated them.

inb4 people complaining about marathons, and how it is damaging for the body. If any other animal would run the same distance in the same amount of time, it would be dead, or nearly dead.
#120 to #12 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
It was fun!   
   
Good luck in your studies   
You need to lay off the arrogance, it makes you look like a douche   
Well done getting a good job, but don't let it go to your head.   
   
And you suck at arguing. Practice, and lose the arrogance.   
Have a gif and a good day
It was fun!

Good luck in your studies
You need to lay off the arrogance, it makes you look like a douche
Well done getting a good job, but don't let it go to your head.

And you suck at arguing. Practice, and lose the arrogance.
Have a gif and a good day
#129 to #120 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
Thank you.    
Time to watch some netflix.
Thank you.
Time to watch some netflix.
User avatar #137 to #129 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
What're you watching?
#139 to #137 - nimithecat (12/10/2013) [-]
Black Lagoon. Daentraya suggested it in the comments and it's turning out to be pretty decent. Nothing amazing going on yet, but if what he says is true, then i'll give it a chance.
#177 to #139 - skinjacker (12/10/2013) [-]
What a coincidence... I just started this anime today and was watching it a few minutes ago.  And the best part is that I rarely watch anime.
What a coincidence... I just started this anime today and was watching it a few minutes ago. And the best part is that I rarely watch anime.
#196 to #177 - waitingformydeath (12/11/2013) [-]
May I just point out that black lagoon is an extremely entry-tier/popular anime and it makes sense that someone who doesn't watch a lot of anime would be watching it.
User avatar #202 to #196 - skinjacker (12/11/2013) [-]
Also, Black Lagoon has been on my watch list for about a year now and somehow today I decide to watch it....
User avatar #333 to #202 - waitingformydeath (12/11/2013) [-]
how'd you like it?
User avatar #334 to #333 - skinjacker (12/11/2013) [-]
Well so far, it's a lot better than I'd expected.
#335 to #334 - waitingformydeath (12/11/2013) [-]
I loved the pessimism of the whole thing tbh, gotta find more like it
User avatar #199 to #196 - skinjacker (12/11/2013) [-]
I used to watch anime all the time, and have watched tons of it too... but nowadays there's simply no time for it. And I watched Black Lagoon because my friend told me that it's similar to Death Note with the suspense, not because it's popular.
User avatar #151 to #139 - mrgreatnamess (12/10/2013) [-]
I'm gonna watch it at some point
#180 to #12 - kingpongthedon (12/10/2013) [-]
So many flaws with your argument:

1. Numerous large businesses not only survive, but thrive using fair practices. Case-in-point, when Ford was founded, his workers were paid far above the established wages of the time and still worked shorter hours. He did it because he had a superior product, not by skirting the system. This is literally the founding principle of capitalism: all things equal, the superior product wins out. Not the most shrewd businessman, but the man who has the most to offer.

2. Bill Gates absolutely graduated high school and then proceeded to go on to Harvard. He didn't graduate because he had already surpassed the material offered. It has nothing to do with playing dirty. Regardless of any possible foul play he has been accused of, he was still going to play a major part in the development of the PC. Same applies with Jobs. They were the top of their field and they got that way through hard work and dedication. And yeah, they had investors, that's not cheating, that's called a business.

3. Both Wal-Mart and the USGov are experiencing crises due to their skirting the system. Wal-mart is losing US employees due to low wages and costs are rising as the countries they outsource to are demanding fair wages. And you should be well aware of what's going on in US politics.

4. What constitutes cheating from an evolutionary perspective? Tool-use, communication? Other animals do all those. There is nothing unique about what we do, we are just better than everything else. And what do you mean we aren't good hunters? We can out distance every land animal on the planet. We are masters of the chase. We would be apex predators even without any brain power.

Continued
#182 to #180 - kingpongthedon (12/10/2013) [-]
Anyway, the reason cheating doesn't work is because it isn't sustainable. There has to be somebody to cheat. If you're cheating them and they cheat you, then everybody ends up losing. However, if everybody plays fair, everybody ends up gaining something. Furthermore, in most cases there has to be somebody better than you to cheat off of. You can't possibly be better than somebody by stealing their work, because they are capable of doing it again and you aren't. They will still be at the top. And if you do somehow get to the top, how do you expect to keep your position when it becomes apparent that you aren't qualified?

The reason the rules exist is to maintain a system in which everybody wins. By trying to cheat it, you're undermining not just the people you are cheating but yourself as well. You may win some immediately, but they are not sustainable gains.
User avatar #338 to #180 - nimithecat (12/13/2013) [-]
Wow I feel bad for not reading this sooner. Well thought out, my friend. Well thought out.
User avatar #21 - spior (12/10/2013) [-]
I only cheat when I couldn't give less of a **** about said subject.
I think that's only fair, I don't see why I should be forced to learn something I have no interest in past 7th grade. It just gets into too much detail beyond that.
User avatar #55 to #21 - daentraya (12/10/2013) [-]
Pardon me, but could you elaborate?
Personally, i don't give a **** about classes that teaches me how to view and analyze art and writing, as i find it to be blasphemous, and that too many things are learned just for the sake on an exam, and then pretty much never to be used. The things we use to measure 'intelligence' are so poor that i have a hard time taking it seriously
User avatar #325 to #55 - spior (12/11/2013) [-]
Well...pretty much exactly what you said, yes. I believe different people have different areas of interest and skill. They should be able to choose what to study.
Even if not that, at least higher education shouldn't take the other grades into account, when they have absolutely no importance to their field of study.
User avatar #326 to #325 - daentraya (12/11/2013) [-]
It's not all people who know what they want by 7th grade. I dont know if we have the same ages in the same classes. But think that yes, it'd be nice if we really didn't get judged on an irrelevant grade when looking for jobs. The whole 'no interest' just had this air of 'i dont give a ***** whereas you will spend the rest of the class on fj, which happens too often to me in religion classes because my 'special' school has no form of discipline. I could just imagine that whole scenario on a larger level and think 'eh'
[ 333 comments ]
Leave a comment
 Friends (0)